(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font color="119911">Kiki</font>
So good! 10pm -4am.. that's 6hrs of sleep for you. Hopefully Ian can 'catch up' soon. I'll put Ian to bed at 11pm daily but on avg, he'll only fall asleep at abt 12:30am and wakes at 5am! Sigh.. Do u have difficulty getting your gal to fall asleep in her cot? It's a struggle for me every nite.

I change diaper more than 8-9 times a day! Really going broke! How to save on diaper? Dun change even when bb has pooed? But he'll fuss and fuss till his diaper gets changed.

I managed to upload the video last night

<font color="119911">bbq98</font>
I'll change bb's diaper once in the middle of nite when he wakes for feed. Have to else diaper might leak in the morning. Using Drypers Wee Wee Dry M size. I just use wipe and skip the cream. He'll be awake, I fast fast change and feed him.. then hope and pray he'll fall back to sleep.
 


<font color="119911">Desitin</font>
I've 1 new tube of Desitin Creamy, anyone wants to buy over from me?

<font color="119911">Diaper Size</font>
Paige I agree! I like to let Ian use granny panty PAMPERS for night time too but very ex.
 
To all who responded, thanks. I usually will change once around 3-4am (which is about 6 hrs from last change) and my babies will always kick very vigorously (be it awake or sleeping). It will be like fighting a battle, got to do it real fast, just in case I wake them or they pee. For the past few nights, my younger one, without fail, will pee on himself.
sad.gif
Hmm, I guess, I will leave it unchanged then since most of you are not doing it.

Itsy, have to change if poo. I would, just in case I feed the baby and the poo leaks on me. There is no need to change everytime the baby pees if you want to cut down on the number of diaper used. I use only 5 a day per baby.

Jul, it's up to your comfort level. The max I will feel comfortable about leaving BM in warmer is 2hrs but will usually feed them within an hour. I always wonder why Avent needs only a few mins while Pigeon needs about 15 mins for a 110ml bottle. However, Rach said hers only a few mins and she is using Pigeon too.

Paige, 4 tubes is a lot. I hate applying the cream because I always make a mess.
 
kiki> huh? if got poo will get uti? faint. my boy poos very often. a little at a time one leh. if like tat, den siao liao. will be bz changing his diapers whole day long

jul> lol. y buy 2 same warmer?

waiwai> gees. but i lazy to check his diapers. but i apply desitin at every diaper change, so his butt is olways coated with one layer of protection

paige> oo. keke. i was oso there when deir grandma passed away. his grandma not ur grandma ah? so confused

my boy is still using S fitti =p he is 5.5kg yesterday at 11wks. he still cant fit S pampers

i use desitin at every diaper change leh. keke. i oso ordered 2 more tubes from jenn
 
<font color="0000ff">bbq98</font> initially was using dropolene and i had to use its after every change, finished 1 tube in a week! so when i changed to desitin, I thought must use after everychange too (not knowing its rather good at doing its job, hence am only applying twice a day now)!!
Do you know how long we need to use Desitin for? up till 1 yr old?

<font color="0000ff">mwerkz</font> no,no, its more complicated than that! We are distant cousins lah, his grandpa is my grandma's brother
happy.gif
Wow, my daughter will be 12 weeks in 2 days' time and today she weighs in at 6.7kgs!!! :p
 
kam,
hmm..but larger size diaper won't leak? coz it doesn't fit properly, if loose it will still leak, no? i've got nepia S which i've not used yet, coz i find it big for my gal now. maybe i'd try that for nite time then. currently i'm using pampers S during day time.

paige,
4 tubes would probably last for a yr for me. you should be able to use finish lah..no worries.
happy.gif


waiwai,
if my gal poo while i bathe her, i think i will scream and cry. can't imagine! coz i'm all alone at home taking care of her during the day..and i have to bathe her alone too! everytime i bathe her, my knees ache and my back hurts. wanted to get the bath stand but my hb disapproves, coz he said its dangerous, might topple over with the baby inside.

itsy,
yes, i've got difficulty putting my gal to sleep if i just dump her in the cot and stand there patting her. she will just keep looking up at me with her pretty big eyes and coo. firstly, i got to stand there damn long, my arms will ache and i'd feel restless standing. so normally daytime, i let her sleep on my bed, i take the opportunity to rest too, lying there while patting her. once she is soundly asleep, i'd carry her and put her in her cot. night time also the same. she will sleep with her daddy on the bed and then i'd carry her to the cot.

i'm using pampers S throughout the day now...thats why i say i feel like can go broke on diapers! when i ran out of mamypoko, i ask her daddy to buy diapers, he came home with 2 largest pack of Pampers! i nearly fainted. i think its too expensive to use Pampers throughout the day at the rate she demands her diapers to be changed. i scolded her daddy of coz, but obviously, he doesn't feel the pinch like i do. grrrrrr....

bbq98,
now u say your babies kick very vigourously ah? keke.. wait till they can turn over, changing diapers will be even more challanging!
 
michelle,
Not to worry. When your baby gets hold of his bowel movement, he won't poo a little bit a little very often liao.


Kiki,
worth trying. S and M size don't differ that much anyway. My #1 has to wear XXL (a bit loose on him) at night, if not sure leak the next morning, while he can still (just) fit in XL.


Paige,
Even now I have stopped applying Desitin dilligently. Only apply if we see her but turns reddish. My hubby doesn't like to apply anything on her little princess.
 
<font color="0000ff">JUMPEROO</font>
Anyone has this?? any good? what's the min and max age you've used for your kids so far???
 
Paige,
I was very tempted to buy 1 for my #1 a couple of years back. But at the end didn't get one cos it's too costly for a few months use, got an exersaucer instead.
 
<font color="119911">Kiki</font>
I place the bath tub on foldable table. You can get it from Toyogo at TPY, they're not very big, just nice for bb bath tub and have metal legs so it's really stable.
 
Anyone needs NAN HA1? I hav 6 bottles fr TMC to be given away. Expire on 9/12/09. Collection at CCK or Bishan MRT only. PM me.
 
<font size="+1"><font color="#6600ff">Officially stayed at home because of my eye!</font></font>

<font color="#6600ff">Angel</font>

Kairi feeds on 2-4hrly intervals in the day. Not fixed... I gauge 6 feeds a day... After 1am she would sleep till 6-7am. And she's taking 120ml per feed... Only 8weeks 3days and she's taking the amount <font color="#6600ff">Kams'</font> baby of 3months is taking! Hope my supply will go up with her demand. >.<

<font color="#6600ff">Paige</font>

Mushroom hair needs layering to save the day.

<font color="#6600ff">Bbq</font>

I change diapers for her when I know she's going to wake up for feed. When she makes noise for more than 5 mins. I know she's gonna wake up. So before she starts wailing... I/HB pick her up to change her diapers. I apply cream 4 times a day... When she was not yet 1 month I applied diaper cream at every change. And miraculously I still am using the same tube that came out of the hospital. XD

<font color="#6600ff">Bernice</font>

All along I thought Avent has the biggest sized bottles... Pigeons are bigger?

I'm using Lucky baby warmer... Even the Via Cups from Avent fit into them... I'm not sure on the size of the Pigeon bottle.. But I have a feeling it'll fit into Avent. XD
 
<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">prinzess</font></font>
hahah... they didnt managed to give bulk discount..so bo bian loh..
if u can wait for my lobang to revert then wait.. else u can borrow from those who had the 10% card...
i already returned the card to its owner after borrowing it..
happy.gif


Steph's Manduca design left only ONE when she bought it. better call the shop to reserve if u raelly want..
happy.gif



<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">MIM Sling to let go</font></font>
I've a blue cotton sateen to let go.. anyone interested then let me know.... hehe.. :p
Please PM me..
happy.gif



<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Angeline</font></font>
no i dun.. i take it straight from the sterilizer and use liaoz...
happy.gif

fling as much water as possible..
i wish the manual teaches us how to dry it completely.. sterilizing it is definitely gonna be wet loh...


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Angel</font></font>
my girl been having 6 feeds a day the past 3-4days... i tot a bit little..
but she seems happy with it..then ok loh.. but my boobs gets hard very frequent..now that she feeds almost every 3-4hours..
and sometimes 5... so each sides gets to be latched only once in 7-8hours.....
i need to pump more frequently so that it wont get too hard for her to drink...


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Kris</font></font>
if u use tissue and touch the parts, isnt it contaminated liaoz???
u dry each part of the 3pc before u put them together??

<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">kiki</font></font>
accordin to Steph, only Pampers is there..no other diapers..she said nothing much just now..guess gotta wait for her to return to update.
happy.gif



<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Compasspoint Gathering</font></font>
is it restricted to only mummies staying at NEL?
hehehe...


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">bbq</font></font>
recently i dun change in the middle of the nite leh..
once i change at 8pm after the wipe down, unless she fuss before she goes into deep sleep at 12am - 1pm, then i will check to see got poo or not..
else...she'll sleep with it till morning 6plus 7am if she fuss after feed..then i check..
wahhaha.now cmoe to think of it..like many many hours....

i guess as long as no diaper rash...then its ok loh...


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">kiki</font></font>
wah..then u very shen diaper cream leh..
i still using without fail at every change.. wahhaha.. dang pun lo....

i put the bath tub on 2 chairs against a cupboard in the kitchen..and i sit on another chair to bathe her.. no aches definitely!
happy.gif

later i go take photo show u... :p


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Paige</font></font>
meme!! i using Huggies M since 9 weeks old..
happy.gif

Paige, how long are u using the desitin per tube now??
i'm still using the same tube from birth... and i supposed one tube can last 4-6months for me...
and i apply at every diaper change.. a bit enough ma... u apply till backache white ah?

I've one big tube for home use... 1 2oz tube for travelling...
and i've 2x 4.8oz &amp; 1x4oz and 1 x 2oz at home...wahh..think i dun need to buy forever liaoz.. wahhha...


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Pampers</font></font>
ironically, dunno my girl butt too small or what?
i think i mentioned before that i used Pampers on one night and it leaked on me TWICE... my bedsheets were wet while i was feeding her lying down...TWICE in a nite..
no more pampers for me!!!


<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">bernice</font></font>
yesh.. the warmer are made such that can fit any bottles..
happy.gif
 
thanks for all your replies. marc's still waking up at 3 hourly intervals in the night. i'm just wondering if he needs to up his feeds, because i read in The Baby Whisperer by Tracey Hoggs that if he gets enough in the day, he won't wake up in the night so frequently. He's taking 130mls 3 hourly, unless I latch (and thus have no idea how much he drinks).

Compass Point : jul, what did you say you were doing on 24th? we haven't seen you in ages. can you make it for tea do you think?
 
rach : lol, of course not lah. come come!

prinzess : i have. how do i get it to you?

weighed marc today. At 8 weeks and 5 days, he's 6.6kg wor!!!
 
Any mummies here have been to spa for massage??? I went for my massage today and was told that they can't do for me since I breastfeeding. I can only do the Swedish massage as that doesn't involve essential oils. The consultant told me that the essential oil will travel into the blood stream and therefore into the milk.
Anyone doing massage already?? Hear before?
 
rach
err..ya..i use tissue to dry the 3 parts individually before assembling
but i think tissue dry better than air dry loh. and i'm not that comfortable leaving it wet since manual says otherwise. there must be a reason why manual say must be totally dry.
hrm..maybe we should email medela and ask
 
<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Angel</font></font>
haha.. okay... since i'm not staying there.. i leave to u all to settle on date and time.. if i can make it, i'll join..
happy.gif



<font color="cd6889"><font size="+1">Kris</font></font>
Mmmm.... i think the reason to be completely dry is so that the water will not go into the pump motor...
i do notice water droplets inside the tube at times.. i just ignore..thinking it'll just go away... the day u see me scream my motor spoil.. u'll know why... hahahaha.. i'm not comfortable with using tissue (knowing how unclean it actually is, with the small tiny fibres flying all over) to dry the parts though... hehehe....
 
paige,
the jumperoo can use when they can hold their head firm on their own. i think should be abt 3-4 mths up till abt...if i'm not wrong 11kg. so usage length, if say your baby is big size and grow very fast, then it will last only a short while like a few months only. 2 of my gf's babies are using it, apparently the review is good. but when i see them playing with it, it does not hold their attention for long... max 15mins and they get bored and will wanna come out else start to cry!

kam,
exersaucer also expensive leh. it is cheaper then jumperoo by a lot meh? if i'm not wrong almost about the same price rite?

pam,
better see a doc soon.

rach,
actually if u do frequent diaper change, there's no need to put diaper cream at every change unless your baby got diaper rash or very prone to getting rash. so it really depends. but for me, its more like bo pian, coz my baby very fussy. sometimes i feel the diapers with my fingers, they don't even feel wet to me. but after i change, she happy liao, will start to smile and coo at me. else she give me frowny face or teary eyes!
 
<font color="9264ff00"> Prinzess</font> - yah.. love the star
happy.gif

Hahaha full bottle... I hope too but its not happening any time soon... lol

High 5... when outing, we will bring the same Manduca... I was joking with the Owner's parents that once some of us buy it, more will fl

<font color="9264ff00"> itsy</font> - I think the China woman is the helper... the shop owner is a pretty long hair lady..
happy.gif


<font color="9264ff00"> Gina</font> - Sorry by the time u post here, I already went out already..
happy.gif


Went to subscribe the Magazine.. a bit disappointing cause not much offers.. more like companies trying to get sales..
sad.gif


But I signed 3 yrs subscription so got quite a lot of free gifts...
happy.gif
 
diaper cream

hmm.. i use avent healing bottom balm. love the smell, n i slather on rather a lot! ks mah.

i notice the area under the testicles get red, rather than the butt itself. any other mummies with bb boys have this prob?

bbq

guess i'm rather sceptical that milk can be warmed to 40deg from fridge in 5min???

my boy pees on me at every diaper change! faint

mich

one at ils', one at my place lor.

kiki

i put the bathtub on the floor n squat to bathe him. i used to stupidly bend over the bathtub on the toilet bowl n nearly broke my back for 2.5 mths! dumbo!

angel

Sam has his jab on the 24th! Have the gathering on 30th lah, I'll def come hehe

ur boy is huge! Think Sam was only 5.5kg at 8 weeks.
 
Angel> where you stay
happy.gif
im having e car these few days as hubby not in town so its easy for me to get from you dont need wait till next gathering.

Rach> :p then i better call and reserve. thanks for e info!
 
Okie Finally put baby down liao can type..

<font color="9264ff00"> Motherhood Fair</font> - Participating Companies (dun have details cause nothing interests me, hahaha):
1) Pampers
2) The Video Baby Monitor company... oops.. can't rem what the name is but someone posted the link in SMH threads before one.. the one that has night vision one...
3) Some Post Natal Massage company
4) Some super expensive story book set company (price ranging from $1000 to $8000, insane isn't it? lol)
5) Some baby wash/lotion company.. can't remember if the brand is Bugs.. but something like that... looks expensive one lah.. lol
6) Some Hair growth company
7) Glenn Doman

These are what I can remember but there may be a couple of booths that I have missed out... but that also means that it didn't catch my eye.. hahahha

Dun have the regular milk powder or diapers discount like Expo. Disappointing..

Only good thing is that I signed for 3 years Motherhood Mag and got the following freebies:
1) Many Drypers M size samples (about 7 packs)
2) Rusk small box
3) Baby juice and fruit puree (1bottle each)
4) Nestle Rice Samples (About 5 assorted packs)
5) Choice of Mothercare milk bottles / Avent Massage Cream / something else cannot remember (I chose the Milk bottle set)
6) Choice of a car or bouncer which was all redeemed/ 2 tins of Mamil MaMa/ Potty/ something else can't remember (I chose the 2 tins of Mamil MaMa)

Heheheh sorry ah.. my ginko nut brain can only remember this much..
 
Steph> ha ya lo, more will follow. im the next.. maybe after borrowing from Angel the card and getting e 10% i can tell the owner more mummies from sept forum will come and buy so just give the rest 10% without needing to show e card! just show baby's birth cert?!?!?!?

i need the carrier as my shoulder aching from e long usage of the pupsik pouch.. :p actually not really long usage only 45 mins ha.

hmmm you gals think is it fine to just walk into the PD's clinic to just borrow e weighting machine to find whats the weight of my boy? v curious ha.
 
Hey!

Alamak! I know that silly baby video camera company! They also sell the prenatel education device (which if you take time to scrutinize their product claims is essentially flawed). Wah lau... was super put off by their sales attitude.

In any case, for those wondering about video cams, they have simpler ones at Moms and Babes AMK Hub. Am sure most stores will also carry. Those are cheaper and do pretty much the same job.
 
one mom here mentioned she is using the balboa sling? who is it ah? i wanna get the sling too but itsybitsy told me she runs out of stock. anyone else knows where to get it from? *thanks* !!
 
Jul
u using avent bottom balm? wah i used that my baby's bottom rashes lagi worst! the whole thing flare up! i think my tube only used a lil, u want i pass mine to u? im using desitin now. the minute i put it on, the next hour his horrible nappy rash cleared immediately
 
<font color="9264ff00"> Prinzess</font> - Yah.. I told them already... We were even joking say maybe they can tell us what prints have how many stocks then we can broadcast here for them.. lol

Weigh baby - I think if the PD Clinic's assistance knows you then should be fine ba.. but if they never see u before will they allow? think have to see heng suay ba...

Yes!!! the book set is $1K to $8K... crazy right?

<font color="9264ff00"> Gerald</font> - U PaPa Gerald right? lol... didn't know u also got account.. that day u mentioned u don't read often I thought u use Angela's account to read nia.. hehehe

<font color="9264ff00"> MaMato6Js</font> - You still need Desitin? I have spare to sell... hahaha
I bought the tube and tub then realise I'm never going to be near finishing the tub... hahahha
 
Steph> o sorry didnt mention im thinking of trying the PD that i go to which is near my place... but not due to see her yet :p

you rest well... weather pretty cold now.
 
Yah loh.. yesterday I took a shower then baby cry for milk.. so I quickly finish shower, wipe myself dry, haven't got chance to wear clothes then carry baby over to latch... that's why catch cold.. sigh
 
prinzess : live near serangoon central. will PM you my addy if you wanna swing by for the card

Jul : no leh, marc's bum redness is around the anus, not under his testicles.

Pam : eh, get your eye checked out girl. It's been some time already and it's still not better.
 
babybjorn> yeah. finally managed to get bb in today without crying. he was so hungry he keep licking de carrier -_-" hubby have decided to juz go for air. so it's 130bucks.. collecting tml =p

paige> oo. so u are oredi distant cousin, so we are super distant cousin =x

haha. my boy's birth weight was light ma. cos he came out 3wks earlier den his edd. actually he is oredi almost double his birthweight of 2.85kg. now 5.5kg, another 0.2kg to go =p

kiki> guys will nv feel de pinch of money gone one. my hubby cant tahan me when he c me buy diapers. he say juz chin chye buy, no need check price la. he say i c price like he no money let bb wear diapers. faint.

btw pampers having promo at carrefour now. 29.9 for 2packs = 44X2 = 88pieces of M size. den if u have posb everyday card, dere is extra 10% rebate/discount this wkend, i not sure =p

kam> keke. means my boy still no control over his bowels? when will he be able to control?

bbq98> 2 enugh meh? actually i buy so many not becos use finish. is cos one tube put at one place. one at my hm, one at my parents n one for him to put at infant care.

gerald> u got bad experience with de bb video camera company? de guy who promote to me at taka fair was quite nice leh. din push me to buy anything. in fact he tell me to consider n can buy online too. he even told me it was cheaper if i buy online cos i wanted to add on additional camera. but in de end decided tat it was too costly. in de end juz bought philips one =x

steph> ops. i m juz abt to get better. do see a doc so u recover faster.
 
Michelle, I haven't even used half. But I must admit, I only started using recently and applying only twice daily during the night.
 
Sigh... my @@$#@ Hubz cannot even help me loh.. My face for dunno what reason is red... like drink liquor red then I ask him how to see if he has any suggestions, he ask me want to go A&amp;E or not... Duh.. then I was How to bring BB go? In the end, I say forget it.. see later how.. he didn't even bother offering help loh.. then I make noise, he say ask me move in to the other side of the bed so he can stay in room to help with baby..

I think so good, he offer help.. then he sit here and .... fell asleep!!! Oh my goodness.. I can forget about my rest liao loh... Then Jordan make noise and he had to carry him and he was still dozing off!!! In the end, I DL carry Jordan myself and ask him to scram..

Seriously hor.. I can die, cannot sick leh..
sad.gif
 
Wah.. <font color="9264ff00"> Prinzess &amp; MaMato6Js</font> - You girls stay very near each other... Actually I dun stay too far away too... hahahah (near Boon Keng MRT).. lol

<font color="9264ff00"> Next Gathering</font> - I also very tempted with the Ice-cream Buffet... should we arrange one gathering at ION Swensens? hahahah
 


bbq98> haha. ya. since bb born till now, i still on de first tube at hm. but opened a 2nd one at my dad's place. n i use at every diaper change, not juz twice a day =p

steph> lol. reminds me of my hubby. tat day i was running a fever. den he ask me wan take leave de nxt day, so he can help me with de nite feed. in de end i take medicine go n sleep, ask him feed bb at 12am. in de end 1am+ bb crying, cos he ownself ko-ed n nv feed bb. in de end i got to go warm up de milk myself. den he say cos i ask him go eat medicine oso -_-" but bo bian la. cos he was oso sick -_-"

how much is de ice cream buffet at ion? i love swensons yam ice cream =p
 

Back
Top