(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Shelled, I did tried yesterday to leave my boy in the cot and let him cry. Good thing I picked him up shortly because my mum just reminded me that my boy has heart condition and shouldnt' be left crying for too long as it may strain his heart.

Jen, 2 sundaes. WOW!!! I have tubs of ice cream in my fridge - leftover from my first trimester craving. Don't know if I should throw or eat. Half of my freezer stocked with eclairs, a quarter with ice cream and the rest with real food. Next time I want to try the one that you recommended and they just need $100 for delivery.

I thought you only have 2 kids!! Wah, how you manage to take care of them and yet organise sprees. All of you are really octopus.

Michelle, you can wear your pre-pregnancy jeans??? Anytime pre-pregnancy is out for me. Even my shoes, watches and rings. So sad and yes, I am a vain mummy who keeps thinking about losing weight. Was told bfeeding help shed 500 cals a day. Where got???
 


shelled

er.. u dun say until i so noble lah. all the mummies here r also working so hard to BF. i also wanted to give up sooo many times lor! even now, i sometimes wanna give up - so that i can have more rest, more time to play with sam, time to put on makeup n do my hair, time to go shopping n out w frens.. thanks to u n jenifur for encouraging me along the way. i just take it 1 day at a time. also super shocked that i can make it till today!

hey btw, where's my award???

what u say makes sense lah. but.. living at mil's now.. i will 'ren' till i move back home. think when i'm alone with sam in the day, i'll be too tired to comfort him, there'll be no one to disturb, or to pressure me, guess i'll leave him to cry then :p
 
jenifur> oh. den y u dun wan take 5in1 or 6in1 instead? keke. heng i forbid my hubby to eat my icecream. even though he paid for them. else when i haf craving, he need to go to cold storage or ntuc to buy for me. but my parents everytime come my hm n finish dem. cos hubby will tell them can eat can eat -_-" so ended up he still need bring me out to buy. juz like on mon =p
 
bbq98> lol. ya. now i go out in my prepregnant clothes =p so happy. but haven gone back to prepregnant size. i tink cos i bought bigger clothes last time? i like hipster jeans. so shuld be easier to squeeze into them =p
 
<font color="0000ff">COTTON BALLS</font>
Thanks all for your input. I realised I'm going overboard with sterility, so decided to use the normal balls from NTUC to clean her eyes, but since i have a bottle of opened sterile saline (the one you use to rinse contact lense) will use that up first.

<font color="0000ff">shelled</font>
eh, dunno, haven't use the pump yet...I see...so pump also allows air in, not sterile...ok, i can start collecting milk in TMC's glass bottles now then. Thanks
happy.gif


<font color="0000ff">kiki, BBQ</font>
haha, nolah, never use sterile cotton balls to clean backside, just for the eyes
happy.gif
but since most of you never use, I decide to save $$ and use normal ones.

<font color="0000ff">BEN &amp; JERRY'S</font>
Hubby also bought 2 pints from cold storage last night...choc macadamia and dunno brownie something...wanted to dive in after lunch but it rained, so cool now, don't feel like eating ice-cream.

Ya, i just made chocolate muffins yesterday, really getting fat...still have my 6kgs to loose, but i think I'm giving up...hubby prefers me this weight :p

<font color="0000ff">THING TO SUCK NOSE</font>
I think quite sometime ago, we were discussing about this but can anyone tell me where to get this devise for sucking out 'pi-sai'? desperately need it for my little one.
 
jenifur

*slaps forehead* asked pd everything except abt the thickener. haha i'm now giving sam ridwind 3x/day, babylife 2x/day.. i'll prob forget abt adding thickener. seriously, lack of rest n stress is making me super blur, even blurrer than usual!

think i've heard of yu guo b4. it's super crowded one right?

milkyway

I got a qn.. if we dun give pacifier n baby cries, there'll be wind. If we give pacifier, also got wind. Then how???

Anyway I've been giving pacifier from week 2, thanks to MIL! But not bad also lah, at least it shuts him up when he starts demanding milk at 1.5h or when he just fusses n cries n can't sleep.
 
<font color="119911">How much should a 1 month old weigh?</font>
Anybody know how much should bb weigh on avg at 1 month? Ian was born 3.2, now at 1 month he's 4.5kg. Is he gaining enuff weigh? So worried that he's not cos I refuse to supplement him with FM in the day as advised by lactation consultant at TMC.
 
Me till now have yet to able to latch my girl on for one full meal. She is 22 days old, cracked both my nipples very badly till bleed when she was 3 days old therefore have been drinking EBM since then.

Now she can only latch on for 5 mins then she will scream her lungs out as if I am trying to kill her with my breast. Feeding her in public with MIM sling seems like a fantasy.. Sob sob.
 
jenifur

y dun u want jed to take 5/6-in-1?

michelle

i guess if bb cries for no reason, n draws up legs towards tummy, it's colic. at least pd said so!
 
<font color="119911">JUL: Pacifier</font>
Can we use pacifier to pacify bb if he demands milk at 1.5hr? Tot we shouldn't do this, should feed instead leh. ?!?
 
itsy

Erm.. think u shd be asking PD that qn. U din go back for 1 mth review &amp; HepB? I went, so was able to check on Sam's weight gain.

paige

U try Kiddy Palace.
 
itsy

Well, Sam is already sort of "over-eating"

90ml per 2h is not enough for him. He is very very greedy. So bobian, can't let him eat &amp; eat coz he eats 1L per day!

Anyway I dun latch him but feed full EBM/FM. Coz my milk is darn low &amp; flow also very very slow. So he gets very angry at my boobs. At most he will latch 5min, then he will go "ki siao"
 
<font color="119911">JUL</font>
Seeing PD next week. I very scare he's underweight due to my stubbornness :p 90ml per 2hr is a lot wor! Sam must be growing fast!
 
*Jul*

90ml per 2hrs isn't alot leh...my gal erm 2wks 'younger' than sam? is taking 100ml per 2hrs for emb and fm 100ml per 2.5-9hrs...

when bb is nt full enuff, they can get fussy oso lor...when they r hungry, they can't wait de...so seems like v angry or like u said 'ki siao' like tat...

unless bb merlion (really a lot) otherwise it is normal for bb to regurgitate...
 
jul
yah.. Crying and giving pacifier will have wind so I decide just give pacifier, at least helps her hoarded voice and also save our ears. But hor, sometimes with the pacifier in her mouth she still can cry and cry lor.

is it ok for a 1 month+ bb to slp for 5hrs without waking for feed??
the last I fed my gal was at 11am and till now she has not wake up for milk!!! B4 that she was fed at 9am. No matter how I wake her also no use leh. She's slping how to force her to latch on?? Tried teasing her with my nipples also no avail... How how??
 
itsy (itsy),

don worry ur baby is gaining enough. my boy is 3.9kg at birth. now he is going 2 month soon and he is only 5kg. so he onli gain 1.1kg in near 8 weeks.
 
Hi all mummies

Pls advise for those of you who are EBM for your baby, how do we know how much is sufficient for our baby? My baby is 3 weeks old and drinking about 80ml but does not seem to be enough for him. He will ask for more and when I latch on, he fall asleep after few minutes somtimes thus I am not sure he really not enough not enough or just want some comfort?

Can you pls share how much ur baby drinking at the third week? Many thanks.
 
twiggy,
in my opinion, mummy going for holiday w/out baby is not a good enough reason to stop breastfeeding. i went for 3 overseas trips w/out #1 when i was still breastfeeding him. each holiday the most troublesome thing is to freeze up enough EBM to meet my bb's needs while i am away. i don't bother to use my fridge to go to store the EBM that has been expressed on the trip/way home because when i am on the trip, i don't wash and sterilize the pump diligently. just "yi shi yi shi" rinse and then pump to throw away. somemore the second and third trips i visited very polluted countries. i waited till i came home and washed/sterilized properly before storing the milk for bb. each time after my trip, bb still remembers how to latch on when he sees me. by the way, how's your house moving coming along with? you managed to find a good place to stay and pack up all your stuff in time?

bbq98,
the weight that you shed from breastfeeding will become obvious after a while. you've barely given birth to your twins for a month right? so be a bit more patient lah. i am sure eventually you'll be able to fit in your jeans, shoes, watches and rings.

shelled,
i allow #2 to cry max 10 minutes. me and husband and #1 are immune to his cries. sometimes when i don't want to pick him up, we just leave him there to cry and carry on doing whatever we're doing. but only 10 minutes lah, i never try 1 hour before.

jul,
i am contemplating giving the pacifier also, because sometimes the bb fusses for comfort between 7pm-9pm when i need to take care of the older one. it'll be good for him to self-comfort with the pacifier while i finish feeding/preparing older one for bed. that said, i haven't gotten a chance to go to the stores to get a pacifier yet.

jul,
slinging him around the house helps? actually corsage's mtd of leaving the hairdryer on is quite a good one. i put my bb in the kitchen and sometimes the white noise from the washing machine sounds pacify him.
 
*milky*

my way, if it's during the night, i'll leave her alone bt during the day i will 'dig' her up for milk on time i.e.3hrly.

can try talking to her, massage her feet or stroke her cheek to wake her...
 
Milkyway,

My BB can sleep for 5hrs without waking up for feed... She feeds like 4-5 hourly. As long as they are gaining weight.. it's okay.

Acneeery Gal,

Mine is 3 days to 1 mth old.. Currently I'm giving her 70-75 ml of EBM every 4-5 hourly... Every individual baby is different( From what I read up about ) So if you think that BB is not having enough... You up 5 ml at a time? ( Too precious to up by 10 ml at a time ) If they Merlion... You'll know it's too much.

That's what I do... Not sure about the other mommies here. =3
 
paige> lol. i still using sterile cotton balls for the eyes. but use very little ma. i only clean his eyes once a day when bathing =p de pack tat i opened haven finished leh

jul> my bb cries for no reason. but nv draw legs to his tummy. arhg. he cry n cry. feed him he fall sleep. put him down he cry. faint
 
<font color="ff0099">Huishan</font>
Oh dear, hope you get well very soon and can start giving bb BM again. Meanwhile pls take good care of yourself! Massaging and breast compression may help quicken the recovery.
happy.gif



<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
Heng lah. Yah, crying is supposedly very tiring for babies, but oddly they don't always fall asleep after crying for so long leh...


<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
I suspect its the icecream we've been eating that's making the waist grow thicker...
biggrin.gif



<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
Give you award when we meet again lorrr. Buy you a lot of food ai mai?
biggrin.gif

But meanwhile when you're @ ILs, at least you all can take turns to comfort Sam. Imagine being all alone at home with bb, that one is truly unbearable on the mind and body.

You make it sound like no matter what we do with our babies, 1 way or another sure kenna wind! hahahaha. but I think so too leh. No matter what I do ppl also say my kids will get wind. Then?! Don't do anything lah!?


<font color="ff0099">Paige</font>
Cannot suck pi-sai one wor. Only works with pi-soh. Kiddy Palace lo. When in doubt, always head to Kiddy Palace. Esp the Toa Payoh and Sengkang outlet. Super well-stocked!


<font color="ff0099">itsy</font>
Links for more info on BF bb's weight gain:
- http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/newborn-nursing.html
- http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/weight-gain.html
FYI: 5-7 ounces is approx 142 - 198 grams. (1 ounce = 28.35 grams.)


<font color="ff0099">sandwich</font>
My #1 never seems to hear didi's cries! We the adults are the ones getting mighty frustrated by it. He can even SLEEP while didi is screaming away just beside him in the same room! I don't know how he does it.

I admit 1 hour is quite long. I'm heartless.
 
<font color="0000ff">corsage</font>
Thanks for info. Will start collecting milk.

<font color="0000ff">michelle(mwerkz)</font>
I want to share s size fitti with you if you getting the 6 for $60 one! can send me form too? thanks.

My baby on TBF and also poo poo like 3 to 5 times in 24 hours! And SUPER A LOT kinda poo! so need a lot of diapers...

<font color="0000ff">Rach</font>
Wah, your baby can support her own head already? She's 6weeks, right? mine's going on 7 weeks and her head is still not steady yet!
 
shelled> ya lo. now stress. wanna eat ice cream. dare not eat oso. how how?? my boy juz wana suck my nipple. den he fall asleep. no amt of tickling n massage will wake him. de moment down on bed, 10-15mins later will cry. cycle repeats over n over again.

paige> can actually order 3packs of S size n 3packs of M size. i not sure wat size i need too. dunno whether i shuld juz get 3S n 3M, or wat oso. so stress. i haven finish all my S size diapers.
 
girly,pamelia
thanks.. I'm referring to now day time. It's the first time she has slept for 5hrs straight lor. My mum says it's ok leh cos already 1 month over. I also wish she can slp 5hrs straight without waking at night!!

Girly, i tried all methods already leh but she just figget abit then eyes closed and mouth close tight tight lor... Sigh..
 
<font color="0000ff">Itsy</font>
My baby was born at 2.54kgs and at 1 month old she was 4.1kgs. I think yours is doing fine!
happy.gif


<font color="0000ff">shelled, Jul</font>
Thanks for info, will ask hubby to go kiddy palace to get on his way back from work.

<font color="0000ff">BELLY BANDIT</font>
Does this really work? Am trying to get rid of the fat at the lower abdomen and hips and tighs and i saw the video, it looks like its only for the upper abdomen...Anyone tried those panty hose kind that slims lower tummy, hips and tighs?
Am looking for one which is eczema skin friendly.
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Huishan</font>

Take care ya.. inflammation is no joke leh.. I heard a mummy had to go for a small surgery to drain e pus out of her inflamed breast cuz nv take care.


<font color="aa00aa">Michelle/Jul</font>

I used to think like most parents tt 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 is better for BB cuz less jabs mah. But after working w a pharmaceutical gaint tt produces vaccine &amp; reading up more.. my view totally changed.

Vaccination actually contains virus.. 1 virus is taxing enuf for an adult immune system, not to mention baby. What about 5 or 6 virus being injected to the body in 1 go? That's why some babies come down w fever after injection That is a reaction from their body towards e jab. Fever is actually our best friend. Fever prevents virus &amp; bacteria from creating havoc in our body. e high temp actually kills e virus &amp; bacteria &amp; @ e same time increase our white bld cell to fight. Tt's why I always avoid giving my children medication when they are down w fever, just lots &amp; lots of water &amp; Sambucus.

Back to vaccine, it's an acknowledge fact tt e vaccine reaction damage is far worse den having e illness itself. Tt's why e ppl who creates vaccine &amp; knows bout all these will not take e vaccine themselves.

I'm now trying to find out which vaccine compulsory to start sch &amp; which is not ... Those compulsory, I'll just delay as long as possible for Jed till his immune is more mature. FYI BB's immune system is only mature after they turn 3yo</font>
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">pneumococol jab</font>

FYI, 1 pneumococol jab actually contains 7 different virus &amp; 12 babies die during e clinical trial carried out in yr 2008</font>
 
hola mummies...
jus wanna to know is it safe to use sterilize pills to sterilize milk bottles n breast pumps?? my dad have been rejecting to use it..and he only use hot water to soak...anyone got any advice???
 
itsy
ur bb birth weight is 3.2kg so when he discharge should be abt 2.9 to 3kg? n now at 1 mth he is 4.5 kg? its v good!! who said u r starving him?? on average most newborns gain abt 1kg per mth for 1st 3 mths. so urs definitely doing fine.

milkyway
i agree with girly. for me, i tank them up during daytime. max 3 hrs i will wake them for feed. nighttime they can go wo feeding as many hrs as they want i really dun care cos they get their fill during the day. but unfortunately mine still waking 3 hourly even at nite!! when oh when can he start to sleep thru??

pam
ur gal seems small eater hor?
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Shanice</font>

I used to work in tt company.. just left early tis yr</font>
 
itsy> if u r starving ur boy, den mine worse wor. when he was borned, he was 2.95, discharged was 2.65, now 6wks later he is only 4.3kg -_-"
 
Hi all,

i do agreed with Jenifur, im also planning to delay some vaccination till much later. There are some threads in SMH that discuss abt diff vaccines and there are some studies that MMR is linked to autism.
 
*Jennifur*

abt the vaccination, great info...Im really unware of this.

anyway, my kids oni goes for those compulsory jabs which are offer FOC at polyclinics...and they are actually 3-in-1 instead of the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1.

RE: VACCINATION

for 5in1 or 6in1, it's 4 jabs. polyclinic price 5in1(S$290.40) 6in1(S$326.10)

for std compulsory FOC jabs at polyclinics (Hep B has to pay though at S$20 per jab), it's 6 jabs as follow:-

(1st jab) at 1st mth: Hepatitis B (S$20)

(2nd jab) at 3rd mth: DTP - Diphtheria, Pertussis &amp; Tetanus (3in1) + Poliomyelitis (oral vaccine)

(3rd jab) at 4th mth: DPT

(4th jab) at 5th mth: DPT + Hepatitis B(S$20)

(5th jab) at 12th mth: MMR

(6th jab) at 18th mth: DPT + Polio
 
<font face="COmic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">bq98</font>

I jus read tt you've 144!!! eclair in yr fridge leh... hmmm.. u need any help to finish it *hee* or I can loan u my freezer space *evil grin*

Yupz.. I got 3 children, 4yo Janelle, 20mth Josiah &amp; BB Jed.

It's easier for me to cope as compared to you... Tink I will go crazy if I've got pair of twins!! Cannot imagine double e cries, double e pee &amp; poo</font>
 
<font color="0000ff">Jenifur</font>

If you are not looking for 5in1 or 6in1 jab, then all polyclinic, and i am assuming hospitals, would give you the normal, DPT/DT+ Sabin for FREE unde the national childhood immunisation scheme.

The only difference in the FREE immunisation under NCI is that Hib is not included. I think, in Spore, there are no longer single Hib vaccine available...if you know of any clinics who are giving Hib vaccine, I'm also interested because preferably, i would also want to go for DPT/DT and oral Sabin then take Hib later...but since no single dose, then bo-pien have to go for either 5in1 or 6in1
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Paige/prinzess55</font>

Actually if given a choice, I dun even wan BB Jed to take e 3-in-1 vaccination. But I tink in Singapore they do not have single dose @ all. Hence I will jus delay till Jed reaches 3 yo &amp; MMR till he gng to start P1.

FYI - Raffles Hospital do offer Individual shots of measles, Mumps &amp; Rubella.


<font color="aa00aa">Girly</font>

Not all are aware of e effect etc of vaccination as we are not given e insert to read when taking e jab. I jus happen to be working in the industry hence had the chance to find out more stuff.</font>
 
RE: VACCINATION AGAIN

5in1 for Diptheria, Pertussus, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis and Haemophilus Influenzae Tybe b
(5 types of virus!! in one shot therefore called 5in1)

6in1 for as above and Hepatitis B
 
Jenifur, scary info you have there regarding the immunisation.

Hehehe, I have already eaten 2 trays and given out 2 trays. If I eat 1 tray a day, just another week to finish everything but I dare not think of the kg I am going to pile on. I think I have been eating sweet stuff coz I am too bored at home. If I meet you earlier, I can give u a tray or two. But I have to resist temptation not to finish them.
 
camomile3> lol. ended up 3packs of S again. i really wonder if i can use up so much S size. whose bb outgrown S size oredi. mine bb is 4.3kg now. wonder how long more can he wear S size. -_-"
 
Jennifur - I read about it in some of the threads regarding the vaccination also... so now also quite lost as to if i shld just go with the flow or juz give the minimal... cos there is always 2 sides of a story. cos in a way, we also grew up with vaccinations (though lesser). haha how??
 
Mamato6,

She's small at birth so now she eats small? I tried giving her 80ml. She merlions it out... I think She already has some difficulty finishing her 70-75ml... She was 2.7kg at birth... Now maybe 3.? kg??? XD I know she's growing... But I don't know is it good enough. She has 4-5 soaked diapers though no poopoo...
 
<font color="0000ff">camomile</font>
Thanks for info! Going to Polyclinic tmrw, so can get the Fitti, hope they still have the sale!

<font color="0000ff">Michelle(mwerkz)</font>
One pack S size Fitty can finish in 4 days leh...so 3 packs less than 2 weeks...
My baby was 4.1 at week 4, i think now much heavier (going to week 7)...but still can fit Fitty S leh...I have Fitty M but still too big for her
happy.gif


<font color="0000ff">Jenifur</font>
Oh, can don't take the jabs and postpone to later? I thought its compulsory...
 


michelle,

i got 6 packs that day, also not too sure how much longer can my dd wear size s. fig just buy cos my sis gonna deliver soon so i can pass all unfinished ones to her. my 4.7 still wearing s ;)
 

Back
Top