(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

jenifur> lol. my boy is without fail everytime change diaper sure give me tea or poo one. very stress to change or bathe him -_-"

my boy oso same. must take out de diaper or wear new diapers den he poo. waste my time =x

corsage> ya. everytime he poo or pee while changing his diapers i got to wash extra clothes too -_-"

katherine> can mix sizes. but must minimum 3 of each size. only applicable for nb, s n m diapers. so i was intending to get 3 S, 3 M size diapers. u give me ur email address, i email u de order form i got from aug mums. but de form nv write price. basically juz de order form. free delivery too. only available to end till mth

rach> i dunno. de order form from fitti is in my email. i got it from aug mums. according to de order form, it's 48pieces for S n 44pieces for M. if i din remember wrongly.
 


Pam

It's normal lah. Some BBs poo so many times a day, others poo only once every few days. Not to worry, I asked PD before liao.
 
Just back from review with the pd.

seems like sam's reflux problem is the main culprit, n not really phlegm which my mil keeps insisting he has! he does have some lah, but it's mostly the milk reflux causing 'blockage'
in his throat, thus the rattling phlegmy noise.

did the suction thing again to clear away the mucus caused by his milk reflux. he seems to be able to drink more comfortably now, n there's no more funny grunting noise from his throat. of course it'll come back, but at least he's feeling better for now.

worse.. pd said sam has colic. apparently the wake up n scream suddenly with arms n legs jerking madly is colic! super sian i just gotta 'tong' n feed him ridwind n babylife n pray that the 'colic curse' lifts by the magic 3rd month. arghh.. 3 wks 3 days more to 12 weeks!

milkyway

Sounds like ur BB also has colic
 
shelled

Dun think there's a 3h crying spell requirement for colic right?

Anyway PD said Sam does have colic. I super darn sian
sad.gif
 
Hi

My sale price: $100 (Negotiable if self collect at Seng Kang)
Condition: Excellent (Assembled but never used. Comes with silky blue sarong. Washed but never used.)
Bought from Kiddy Palace.

Please PM if keen. Thanks.

3106540.jpg
 
<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
Wah. If you really managed to sell for $60, then I must be damn stupid. Cos you ask to buy from me for $30 then I just chin chai agreed.
Next time I also must mark up so that after ppl bargain I won't 亏本!
You really have a good head for business hor, buy cheap sell ex.
lol.gif



<font color="ff0099">Twiggy</font>
Question is, where will u be staying? Would the freezer be conducive for you to store your EBM before bringing it home? Otherwise they may also turn bad before you have to chance to fly them back.

Pump and throw is less wasteful than if you don't pump and let your supply drop. Afterall, if you manage to maintain (or even increase!) your supply, there's more where that came from!
happy.gif
 
milkyway

btw does ur bb keep wanting to drink when she's colicky? sam does - pd says to give milk. if truly hungry, the milk will stay down, if not bb will merlion everything out. hope this helps.
 
<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
I think there's the 3hr each time, at least 3 days a week, kind of "requirement"? But I guess like all things, it's just a rough gauge.

I guess J could have been having colic last time as well, but we just never brought him to a PD to confirm. Not like PD can give anything to cure it, right?

Don't worry lah. Colic is a phase, will pass de. *hugs*
 
<font color="ff0000">Michelle</font>
only Fitti ah?? got other brands or not?? Fitti good or not???
but 6 packs for $60 very cheap hor...
u send me the order form i see... :p

<font color="ff0000">shelled</font>
Hey.. wait a minute.. i didnt ask to buy at $30...
i ask u how much u selling... thats the 1st question i asked..
then u said ard $30... then i asked u confirm $30??
then u said ur HB said sell at $30 hor...
I didnt quote that price leh............... Dun make me sound like evil guy.......... >.<"

I did offer that if u do buy S soon and outgrow it, then i share half half with u hor........
but it didnt happen la..and i happen to outgrow it liaoz.and someone selling on forum..
but i did help u to search for S hor...anyway u got ur XS already???

when u are not filthy rich gotta think of ways to get money lah....

so many things to buy.. where to find so much money? somemore now on leave loh...

<font color="ff0000">Nursing Poncho</font>
Distributor finally replied my supplier..but price not confirmed yet..
if D is giving S a better price, we get from S...
Then i'll tell D i dun want the offer liaoz... else it'll remain the same price..
 
Jul, I can identify with you, esp the part from 945pm to 2am. I also don't know what's wrong. Mine also yawned but refused to sleep. He wld stare around with his big eyes...be quiet for a while, then cried and screamed. Then we soothed him. He became quiet, looked around...and cried and screamed...a cycle that repeats itself within the few hour.

Jennifur, evil evil...I am already resisting not to finish the 144 eclairs by MYSELF and you are recommending new ones... yummy yummy. Whatever it is, don't ever buy from Shop n Save. I can't remember the brand but it was imported from Belgium. My hubby bot one box and it was the worst dessert I have ever eaten. So smelly and it tastes horrible. I took one and pui it out. And to think Belgium produces nice chocolates. PUI!

Cry till sleep > I also intended to let my bb cry till sleep but am afriad that more wind will enter. Is there such thing as wind entering when bb cries?

Pamelia, mine poo once every 3-4 days. I am not sure if this is the cause of my babies screaming at night.

Milkyway, there will still be wind when total bfeeding. Sometimes, my bb will burp after I bfed him. When I pump, there will also be pockets of wind coming out which cause a farting sound in the pump when the milk flows into the bottle. Best to burp your bb even when bfeeding.

Twiggy, possible to arrange with the airline company to provide space for you to freeze ur milk onboard the plane?
 
bbq

Is urs supposed to be colic too? I dread that word - it's like a "curse"!

But hor, if colic, then I think we shd comfort the BB lah. Not that they wanna cry but they're in discomdort.
 
<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
Ya lah, ok ok. My fault.
I said I haven't decided how much to sell, but MAYBE around $30. But since alrdy sold to you liao, then count it as I have no foresight to mark higher first lor. 没有生意头脑咯.
If I was smart then I would be a working mom earning high $$$ liao, won't be SAHM what.
lol.gif



<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
You already have TONS of patience and perseverance to have seen yourself (and Sam) through the past few weeks.
The way you pump religiously, seeking constant help/advice on re-latching, increasing supply, Sam's wakeful crying spells... You think that was easy?!
And to trudge on despite having setbacks, and still be giving Sam all the BM that you can make, I already kowtow to you liao.
Now I tandem pumping for Josh I also wanna pengsan liao, and it's only been 2wks! You've been pumping almost full-time for 8 wks leh! You tell me lah, should I be damn proud of you or what?
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Rach</font>

BUT will you tell e interested party tt you actually purchased it 2nd hand from someone else @ S$30 &amp; not @ e retail price of $129??!!! THIS IS CALLED DISHONESTY LOR. U sold it for S$20 cuz Shelled burst yr lobang mah.

Good tt your amway contact can offer u @ distributer price now cuz I DUN WAN TO SEE PPL take advantage of the mummy here. </font>
 
<font color="ff0099">Jul / bbq98. Re: Colic</font>
Sorry to say this lah, but I feel that as a mother, we sometimes have to preserve ourselves in order to continue our mothering chores. If a baby is having colic and won't stop crying despite whatever you do, then wouldn't it make sense to stop comforting them for at least short periods of time so that you can regain your sanity?

If we keep trying and trying to comfort them, but they are still screaming, I dunno about you guys, but i would feel like a shitty mother who can't even do good at comforting my child despite my best efforts. So when it came to J back then, my Hubs told me to leave him to cry for 10-15mins (with the door closed) so I can regain my composure and not break down and cry together with the baby.

It worked wonders to just be able to "detach" from that kind of stressful situation. And then to come back to it again later feeling more composed to handle it again.

I know none of us would like to leave our kids to cry, esp when they're SCREAMING, but if we push ourselves too hard and go berserk, then who's to take care of our babies afterwards? After all, to put it in a "bad" way, the babies will hardly remember much about the 10-15 min periods where we leave them to cry so we can go regain some sanity.

Just my 2 cents worth.
happy.gif
 
<font color="ff0000">Jenifur</font>
oh is it?
U mean nobody buys lower and sells higher?
as long as the condition is worth the value, and the person is willing to pay for it, i dun see why cannot leh..
coz i see people do tat as well.. just learning frm others.. haha..

I will tell its 3rd hand, but whether how much i got it for is my problem ma, no?

anyway... its over...

the fact is i bought at $30 and now i sold it at $20...

you like to dig out people's things and shoot them hor...
always feel u like got something against me like that... so weird...

And for Amway, i dun see how getting cheaper than retail price is being called taken adavantage of...
It is still cheaper than retail price...
And if u are the distributor, u should know that its not allowed to sell to others at distributor price in the first place...
so how is that called being taken advantage of?

It would have already been a not bad thing if they could get a lower than retail price liaoz..

just my opinion..
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul</font>

*hugz* Did u ask yr PD bout the thickener? Massage Sam.. usually helps w colic.

And if u dun mind TCM, can bring Sam to Yu Guo Chinese Physician to do baby Massage. They are very specialize w baby &amp; children &amp; has v gd review.

Here's e address:-
YU GUO CHINESE PHYSICIAN ACCUPUNTURE &amp; PHYSIOTHERAPY PTE LTD

8-B Jalan Masjid #01-04
Kingston Terrace
Singapore 418929
tel: 64474761
fax: 63453358

MRT: Kembangan EW6 (tap yr card, turn left, cross road n walk towards the canal.....then u can c the clinic....walking less than 5mins)</font>
 
<font face="comic sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Rach</font>

I'm sure most of the mummy here do not mind whoever tt has gd lobang actually earns abit from it. It's hard work doing co-ordination for BP.

BUT dun go around acting like so noble, just trying to help save $$ but end of the day is a different story leh..esp when e person keep saying... I DUN EARN OR BENEFIT FROM IT

Btw I've nothing against U!!! I didn't purposely go dig yr post.. just tt I was thinking of buying e belly bandit so actually wana get from u till I saw Shelled's posting.

Mayb I'm e only funny one ard who thinks tt is dishonest to do such thing since u said it's e norm.

Amway - I'm not selling mah... I'm jus helping friends to buy. I know it's against e rules but I told my DH.. heck care</font>
 
jul
yah we suspect my gal has colic but PD says it's not leh.. so... yah for the first time she started crying non-stop at nite, i tot it was growth spurt as her mouth open big big and head will turn left and right.. so i fed her almost like every hr... then she merlion lor.. anyway PD says let her latch on longer on one breast lor. but sometimes she just fall aslp and i dont think she is suckling anymore..

bbq
yup now i keep burping her.. not sure if it's the ridwind med or wat, she has been burping a lot and farting also, which i tot it's gd lah, helps to get rid of wind mah.

oh and PD says crying and sucking pacifier will introduce more wind into the stomach..

shelled
i agree with u leh.. when i try to comfort her when she cries but fails, i'm so lost!! cos quite frustrating that bb is suffering and yet we cant do anything. Really need our sanity back.

rach
ok.. i stll owe u the colour i want for the poncho.. hopefully got a cheaper price lor..
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">BBQ</font>

I where got evil.. sharing nice yummy food only..

It's really so difficult to reject nice food hor.. I had to beg my DH to bring me go eat ice-cream after reading Shelled/Michelle's post on ICE-CREAM yesterday. Didn't make it to Udder so end up @ swensen &amp; I whack down 2 sundae *hee*</font>
 
Hi Shelled

so did u manage the get your XS belly bandit? I also want to get one, cos my S size too big for me liao... but buy new one so ex... sign...
 
DOM effect on breastfeeding
Thanks to those mommies who replied regarding drinking of DOM on breasfeeding. My CL actually boiled the DOM with kampong chicken for a few hours before letting me drink at night. So i suppose it should be fine? I presume the alcohol should have evaporated. Then at night my girl drinks EBM then I only pump in the morning. But some of my food are cooked with hong zhao wine too. Am I consuming too much alcohol? My CL and Mom say all the wine has evaporated cos they are all cooked. So no need to worry..
 
shelled - sometimes i really pei fu u leh... when u post, sometimes u say until like u bo chup ur kids but deep down, u got a lot of nei han leh! always got very good theory and practical on how to take care of kids. i also wanna try let my baby cry but now doing confinement at mama's house, so everyone (including cl!) will fuss when baby cries. sigh... and not forgetting the fact that i dun wanna tear down the whole block... so gotta dong till i move to my new house... really cant wait...

jennifur - regarding yu guo, i also heard about the massage leh. haha i actually patronised it when i was young! not for the massage i think. my mum used to go there for tui na so i always accompany her. but wad good does the massage do? price? u come all the way ah? damn far for u leh... haha
 
<font color="ff0099">jenifur</font>
It wasn't me hor! THey were the ones who scrutinized my freezer contents and then started on the icecream talk!!
 
DOM effect on breastfeeding
Thanks to those mommies who replied regarding drinking of DOM on breasfeeding. My CL actually boiled the DOM with kampong chicken for a few hours before letting me drink at night. So i suppose it should be fine? I presume the alcohol should have evaporated. Then at night my girl drinks EBM then I only pump in the morning. But some of my food are cooked with hong zhao wine too. Am I consuming too much alcohol? My CL and Mom say all the wine has evaporated cos they are all cooked. So no need to worry.. I am just worried I am 'giving' my girl too much alcohol thru breastfeeding..
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Cookiezz</font>

Yupz.. I heard bout e gd feedback from alot of mummy here so from Sembawang travel all e way to Kembagan lor, sit train till my bum aches *hee*

But it's worth it lor, it helps with my gal's flu &amp; bronchitics. U can read bout e feedback from e thread I started yrs back:-
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/442340.html?1249350202

Tink there are a few other threads here sharing bout Yu Guo too.

Will most likely be bring Jed there to do 保健</font>
 
Catering for Baby Full Month next weekend

Was very busy for the past few weeks trying to get used to motherhood. Think I missed all the posts for a long time. Can mommies recommend some catering services which you have personally engaged and find it value for money? Thanks so much in advance!
 
Bumbo seat - for those of you with the seat, do you find the tray useful?

Jen, do we have to make appt with the chinese physician?
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">bbq98</font>

They dun usually take appt. So wat I did was to go earlier to take e Q number as they will place it outside e clinic after each session ends.

Be prepared to wait for like 1hr if it's on wkend.

Read tt u're bringing yr bb to KKH for vaccination. Do we jus walk in or hv to make appt &amp; where? DO they offer e vaccination in single dose as I do not want Jed to take 5-in-1 or 6-in-1</font>
 
<font color="ff0099">cookiezz</font>
I got 内涵 doesn't mean I don't bo chup my kids what...
lol.gif
But you flatter me lah. I where got 内涵? 内伤 more like it!! Puke blood from dealing with a very cheeky monkey #1.


<font color="ff0099">happymrskoh</font>
I used Melrose Bake House and recommended it to some of the mommies here. I find the price, portion and service very decent, but they didn't have very good experience with the service. So now I'm hesitate to recommend again.
But I think those who used Melrose will agree that its value for money in terms of portion size lah.


<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
I haven't used mine yet, but I bought the tray nonetheless cos I thought can use for when bb starts solids mah. Hopefully by then, K's fat ass still can sit in the bumbo!
Back then with J, I had to put him in a walker to feed him solids, cos he was still kinda wriggly at 5 mths old, so highchairs seemed like a dangerous idea to me. (Not to mention we had no $ back then to buy a good highchair.)
With K, I shall try the bumbo with tray and see how that works out.
 
<font color="ff0000">Jenifur</font>
you cannot fit M la.. u definitely need a S or XS...
M is way too HUGE for u la...
M is 42inch leh.... if i dun rem wrongly, the last time i saw u already u are quite slim...

Do i keep saying i dun earn or benefit from it? i dun rem i KEEP saying..
But I am helping others and myself to save.. when i help to collate..everyone gets to save money, including myself since i wanna get it too..
But if u are saying i EARN from it.. then u can go check with the supplier how much money she gives me....if any at all... :/

And i dun act noble... if u feel i'm acting noble, so be it...

I'm sure there're mommies who are happy with what they've gotten so far with my lobangs..
i never force anyone to get anything..
U happy with the price u buy.. not happy dun buy..
I just do my best to secure the best price i can for everyone...

<font color="ff0000">milkyway</font>
yup.. still waiting for S to get back... once the price is out.. i'll let everyone know...
those who have tranferred, will refund if the price is lower..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">hollow</font>
so u are selling ur S as well? wah... should have gotten from u.. sigh...
I got a BN one from someone on the forum...
if get from u can save some money... :/

<font color="ff0000">happymrskoh</font>
how u find the taste of boiled DOM?? isnt it very sweet?? like drink sugar syrup loh..wah lao...

<font color="ff0000">bbq</font>
mine didnt come with the tray..whats the tray for huh??? to put things to eat there??
cannot be rite?? too young to eat.. some threads say it helps with hand motor coordination.. i wonder how so...
hahahha...

<font color="ff0000">shelled</font>
by 6 months can stil fit into the seat ma??
my mum put my girl in to see see just now say too small.. i almost faint.. 5 weeks u tell me small.
when she 5 months how???
cant fit 1.5 thigh now still loh... ahhaha...
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Shelled</font>

I'm sure K can still fit into e bumbo but removing him out will b tough. Both Janelle &amp; Josiah always get stuck due to their thunder thigh but tt doesn't stop them from trying to free themselves from e Bumbo. Josiah will try to wringle till he's on his fours &amp; crawl w e bumbo still stuck on his backside</font>
 
Anybody using Avent Electric pump ? Wondering if its me or its simply the pump. Cant seem to empty my boobs.

One more qns, if I pump my breasts (10mins each side, cant last 15mins coz dry liao but let it rest for 10mins it comes again) at 2hour interval, my yield is only 40ml !! Does it mean that my supply is low ??
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Rach</font>

I was nt sure bout e belly bandit size.. tot I wear M size clothes so get M lor.. till I went to browse their website jus now.

Anyway.. forget bout tis whole things or else u said I find things against u again.

<u>bumbo</u>

e best feature is e seat is lower den leg opening so provides correct support to BB's lumber area. And increased e flexibility of BB's hip &amp; joint so decrease e stress on their spine

Only disadvantage is BB outgrown too fast but gd thing is I got mine @ quite a gd deal when it was first available in SIN</font>
 
<font color="ff0000">Nursing Poncho</font>
14 more orders to go before I can place orders...while waiting for S to get back with any lower prices...

Anyone else???

The faster we place order the earlier everyone gets to have it...
happy.gif
 
<font face="Comic Sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Vaccination</font>

Beside Polyclinic, any other place like GP offers DPT/DT vaccination?? I hate e polyclinic Q leh den e GP ard my place only do 5-in-1 or 6-in-1</font>
 
twiggy...
maybe I can share what I did when I travelled while still BFg. I was away for a week and kept ALL the milk I pumped. I asked the hotel to store my milk in their restaurant's deep freezer. after pumping, I'd put the milk in my room's fridge, then twice a day, I'd go down to the restaurant to pass them bags of milk. while there, I bought an insulated cooler box. before flying home, I packed everything in, together with some frozen ice packs, taped it up properly and checked that whole box in as a piece of luggage! the flight was 5 hours and when i finally opened the box after reaching home, only the top 2 layers of milk had defrosted (abt 10-20% melted only), the other bags of milk were still frozen solid! it's so cold in the cargo hold area of the plane. i pumped on the plane too, in the toilet. have to pump, otherwise i'd have exploded. i threw that milk away because the fridge-freezer on the plane is rubbish! so don't bother with that. honestly, i didn't know if this whole thing would work, but i was prepared to throw everything away if all the milk had melted. but it didn't so, BIG PHEW!

shelled...
what is a belly bandit???
 
jul> can ask pd, y my bb only poos when i change his diapers. arghs. driving me nuts!!

n oso y my boy only sleeps when he is at my breast?? grrrs =x how to know if child haf colic?

rach> only fitti. is fitti office promo. de order form very rubbish. got nothing one. not even de price or indication of wat u can order. but it works. i send u tonite.

jenifur> prob with udder is all their nice icecream all got liquor. so now i can only take ben n jerrys. go buy a few pint n stock up the freezer lo =p

happymrskae> first time ordered neo garden for bb first mth. really like it. cos the food were so nice tat they were snapped up. no need think of wat to do with leftovers. cos i nv like to waste food. but they r slightly more costly =x
 
jenifur> wat is dpt/dt vaccination? i can check if de clinic at my place does it.

belly bandit> omg. i very long nv bind my tummy n i think it's getting bigger, even though i can still wear my pre pregnancy jeans -_-"
 
<font color="ff0000">jenifur</font>
Yup.. you prob need a XS bandit..
happy.gif


Thanks for the explanation of the bumbo...
happy.gif


You're always well informed and have alot of information to share...

Appreciate that..
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Michelle</font>

Stock up also no use... tink it wld b all finish by e time I crave for it again. I seriously rem I bot 1 pint 2 wks ago &amp; only ate like 3 spoonful. But I cldn't find it anymore last nite. Adk my DH.. he said I finish it liao
sad.gif


DPT/DT is e vaccine which is compulsory for all BB &amp; it's offer free in Polyclinic. But most parents nowadays will opt for their BB to take either 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 instead of e single dosage vaccine</font>
 
<font color="ff0000">j@@n</font>
check out www.bellybandit.com

The Belly Bandit® is an abdominal compression binder designed to help you get your body back to its former fabulousness post childbirth.

Not only does the Belly Bandit® help reduce uncomfortable uterine swelling, it aids in decreasing bloating caused by water retention, and gives additional support for Mommy’s weary legs &amp; back. For you breastfeeding moms, there’s a bonus… the Belly Bandit® will help you with your posture during feedings, and may help to reduce the all too common back &amp; shoulder pain associated with breastfeeding. Ultimately, the Belly Bandit® will aid in getting you back to your pre pregnancy hotness faster than ever!

Stretch marks – Argh! Although everybody knows what can cause them ie: stomach growth and the stretching of skin, we really have never thought about the post period and what may be another factor. The excess skin that is pulled and stretched after birth may continue to cause unsightly markings by “hanging around”. Greater support of this loose skin may actually decrease tension which in turn may decrease stretch marks in the post period.

Who knew it could be so easy?
Smart women around the world that’s who! The binding of a woman’s abdomen post delivery has been used therapeutically for centuries all over the globe. Increased and constant pressure against the abdominal area has many benefits. It has been known to help flatten the belly and redefine the waistline while helping you keep your back straight, thus minimizing associated pain and fatigue.

This is simply a breathable and comfy exclusively tailored abdominal wrap to assist your body in regaining its former beauty and shape. The Belly Bandit® provides strong support to help relieve discomfort and give you that extra boost of confidence you deserve after childbirth. Our smooth lightweight construction is designed to be worn comfortably under all of your clothes and our tagless design won’t irritate your skin.
 
hi lina, i also using avent pump. smtimes manual &amp; smtimes electric.

Yesterday ended up with high fever of 40 degree. Went to see GP. Doc comment is that there is inflamation for my both breasts, leading to fever.
Given me very strong antibotic.
Now my bb taking FM. No choice. While i continue to pump. so heart pain to throw away my milk.

I guess we must be very hardworking. to pump &amp; pump to avoid engorgement.
 
Lina,

I'm using Medela... And I find that I can't empty my boobs too...

So it's You... ( US ) XD

Anyone can advise on how to empty our boobs with the pump? I have to literally "Milk" Myself like a cow in a attempt to empty as much as I can!
 


<font color="ff0000">Nursing Poncho</font>
okay.. i got the final price...
Those interested PM me please.

thanks..

check www.monpetitjardin.com for the colors and let me know if u want to order....
happy.gif


Need 14 more orders.. if we can close today.. everyone'll get their poncho next Tue latest.
happy.gif
 

Back
Top