(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

stomachpain> any mum getting pain at the stomach at this stage? not sure y my stomach is feeling like this. have been having this pain on n off for 3days. dunno wat's de prob -_-

pamelia> hais. my boy got habit to drink alot den merlion alot. juz like now. insist on latching both side, den now merlion like mad, n he seems like he still wan hubby so angry dat he refuse to let me latch him.

rach> haha. my boy oso refuse to sleep now. i so tired. he no tired.
 


shelled

aiyah u win liao lor! u're pumping like what i'm pumping but w/o the latch on *so green with envy she's blended into the grass*
 
hi mummies...need to ask if any mummies got any good caterer to suggest for baby full month?? I will be celebrating my girl's full month on sunday..now thinking of engaging either YLS catering or Neo garden? Hope to get some input..

Breastfeeding..my baby is alreday 21 days old today..but my supply is still very low i think. Cant seem to satisfy baby after latching, she usually take 30 to 40 minutes to suck on both breast...and after latching, i pump out, the milk is only 10ml. So, need to supplement her with FM
sad.gif
...i am also having crackked nipple...very painful..as baby like to bite/ pull on my nipple then move her head around...hmm..feel like giving up already :p
 
>MWERKZ
OK, if you decide to sell the black nursing top from glamourmum let me know, k? ☺ I hope I can fit M though…
Dunno how u all can loose weight so fast! I put on 14kgs and only managed to loose 8kgs, now week 5 going on weeek 6 already!
Yup, I also ALWAYS leak from the other breast if baby is latching onto one, I will use a towel too!! Sometimes its soooo frustrating….i “wet my bed “ so many times already!

>RACH
End October for glamourmum is ok lah, its nearly mid oct soon anyway :p

JABS @ POLYCLINIC
How come no one planning to do their jabs at polyclinic? Am planning to do it at polyclinic, anyone had bad experience getting their 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 at polyclinic, please advice

>SHELLED
You look BOOMZ with that animal “preens” top lah, where got auntie! Was actually contemplating whether to get that from rach’s spree as well but finally decided not to as this will be my first piece of nursing top from glamourmum ☺

>BBQ
Will let u know about the purple top when I confirm the size? BUt if you have anyone willing to buy off you before i can confirm, then please go ahead...paiseh to make you wait for so long.
 
Sarah, you can keep the unfinished ebm in the fridge for the next feed. But I usually "force" my bb to finish the milk so I seldom keep.

Paige, no priblem.
 
Hi Ladies,

whoa.. so now we've relli reached the stage of exchanging info on BFing n BM/FM topic fully.. since its Oct lo..

Tokkin abt Full Month Caterer:

Mwerks / Milkyway
manage to get the discount from Neo Garden mah?

Shirley (homeangel120)
I ordered from Neo Garden cos I find their services good n prompt.. food also nice n tasty.. so far my guests all had good feedback.. tts y i kept going back to them whenever i hv functions. =)
 
<font color="aa00aa">First Month Celebration</font> - I'm celebrating Jordan's first month next Saturday... and ordering from ECreative..

Hope everything turn out well and baby dun fuss so much in the evening.. *crossing fingers
sad.gif


My plan is to latch on baby directly with my Bebe Au Liat while entertaining guests.... do you think its possible? lol
 
Just brought my baby to PD for her 6-in-1 jab and rotavirus vaccine yesterday. So happy that she didn't develop any fever. Happy happy :)
 
<font color="ff0000">First trip out></font>
hehehe..not including BB Shower, we went out shopping (for my pedicure actually) as a family..
haha.. it was kindda nicer.. wearing my glamourmom tank, bringing a small little bag with diapers. wet wipes and desitin, and 2 hanky..
changed diapers at the end when we were almost leavin the shopping center..
and i carried her in my arms as I was doing my pedi.. wahahha..
so shiok..she slept thruout...
and woke up towards the end..(1 hr past her feeding time..) and i jsut unclipped my clasp and feed...had a little blanket with me that was covering her..
and that acted as a nursing cover..actually only need to cover her head and my breast..
ahhaha.. nice.. :p
after i was done. i could even walk ard..carrying her, while she was still latched on..
but HB says better to go nursing room as we need to burp her also..
so we did.. ehhee.. nice experience..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Paige></font>
hahah..to me very long..still got weeekss to bear.. faint..waiting for my ON loot, Bravado and Glamourmom..
faint...

<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
not all polyclinic dun have 6in1..
only Singhealth Polyclinic doesnt have it..
National Healthgroup Polyc has it...
I stay Yishun and i called.the guy was very helpful and explained everything very clearly..
like answering 10yr series qn.. on when to take what and how much etc...
BUT.. i threw the paper that i scribbled on away yest after deciding to take at GP....

so.. Paige, i cant provide u any info.. but check out which grp ur polyC belongs to...
Singhealth only has 5in1.
National HealthGroup has 6in1.
happy.gif

Its $320.10 or something like that for the 6in1package...that covers Hep B in the 5th month..
think its 3rd, 4th, 5th month take jab..only the 5th month has Hep B..
U need to take a separate Heb B at 1st month...

so its somtehing like.

1st Month: Hep B

3rd Month: 5in1

4th Month: 5in1

5th Month: 6in1

18th Month: 5in1

All the jab from 3rd month - 18th month. $320.10 (somthing like that..)
and u need to take Hep B at 1st month: $20 at PolyC...

So total is $340.10.

I think the polyC package includes 18th month jab too..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Kam></font>
hwo much ur PD charge for 6in1 &amp; rotavirus??

<font color="ff0000">Sensible Line Milk Trays></font>
the one that Shelled was talking and sharing about previously.
I got the lobang laioz..
those interested PM me..

thanks..
 
<font color="ff0099"> bbq98</font>
I know.
sad.gif

But fortunately I've been lucky. Supply has stil been going up despite feeling stressed, probably cos I really pump myself silly.
lol.gif

I'm not having twins lah, but I am feeding 1 big 1 small now. Why oh why did I let J try my EBM?? Now he won't stop drinking it!
Sometimes I think forget it lah, just give him FM won't die one. But he'll watch me pumping as if I was doing the greatest thing in the world. He will look at me so lovingly, smile at me so sweetly, and say "Mama, love."
Like that how?!?!


<font color="ff0099">joopz</font>
Empty = totally soft like playdoh with no lumps or hardness at all. Usually if half-empty, still can feel some hardness inside.

10-15mins is very quick! Be thankful at least he doesn't latch for more than 30 mins.
happy.gif

We're all in the same situation here, so let's keep each other going! Jiayou Jiayou!

Try not to stress out. Cos like what bbq98 said, stress inhibits supply. Not good.
I guess if there's really no choice then just have to supplement lor.
I also had to ditch my freelance work from my last trimester onwards cos I know i won't be able to cope with the stress of juggling deadlines and taking care of 2 buggers.


<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
I'm lucky that my boobs react well to pumping. Each day that I jiayou, I see my daily pumping yield increase. So at least it keeps me going cos I know its working.
No need to be so green like grass, just need to jiayou jiayou. I'm so not used to pumping so much, and its so mafan!! And I still have to latch. It's like double work leh.


<font color="ff0099">Shirley</font>
Don't know about Neo Garden or YLS, cos I use Melrose Bake House all the time.

Don't think you should be able to pump out much after latching lor, since bb drank most of the BM liao.


<font color="ff0099">Paige</font>
Hahahahaha!!! WHy you copy Ris Low?! My hubs also BOOMZ here BOOMZ there everyday. So irritating!!
Oh ya, did you rcv my refund already? Cos interbank takes a few business days. Shld have rcvd by now?


<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
You still manage to do pedi?!
Until now I say wanna go mani/pedi, I still haven't gone yet lah! My cuticles are dyyyyying!!

I want more milk trays if the price is good!! Keep me in the loop!!!
 
Exchange rate is US$1 = S$1.45 (to be adjusted according to CC rate, excess will be used to off set shipping)

1/2 of GNC Card cost to be shared among mummies, I will bear 1/2 the costs. With the GNC Card, we can get 20% discount for this order.

GNC Fenugreek 200 capsules @ US$10.39 (price after discount)
1. Stephie1735 - 2 bottles
2. Jul_04 - 2 bottles
3. Chase - 1 bottle
4. Infinity_star - 2 bottles
5.

<font color="aa00aa">I chance upon this very interesting and useful product!</font>
Hi all mummies, I saw this product sold in Drugstore and was wondering if anyone is interested since I'm ordering stuffs from Drugstore... Its BreastPad with Lanolin. Saw the reviews and it seems to be a very helpful breastpad.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=198415&amp;catid=133217&amp;trx=PLST-0-CAT&amp;trxp1=133217&amp;trxp2=198415&amp;trxp3=1&amp;trxp4=0&amp;btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT#

One of the reviews stated: After my son was born, I had cracked nipples and mastitis (twice). While my nipples are healing, the hardest things was nursing pads. I had used Medela brand with my daughter, but they stuck to my nipples and prevented healing (I peeled off the scab every time I took the pad off to feed him). I bought 4 kinds of nursing pads: these, lansinoh, lansinoh ultra soft, and avent. These were by far the best: soft, lie nicely under clothing, do not stick to nipples. Even without adhesive, they stay in place fine.

Anyone interested?
 
Sorry.. was planning my BB shower.. Thus, was away...

BB "Manual",

The "manual" was from my PD in TMC... Cannot be bought!

Rach, With regards to the flakes at the eyebrow, I'm referring to my other book on childcare.

What I think Rayanne may be having is:

Seborrhoeic Dermatitis ( Cradle Cap)

Cradle cap occurs as a result of excessive oil around the head,eyebrows and face. It is a common condition that affects babies under the age of 1. and it's cause is unknown. The skin is reddened and scaly but is usually not itchy.

Treatment.

Apply some olive oil or bath oil on the area for 2 hours or leave it overnight if the condition is bad. If it is on the head, use a fine-toothed comb and comb your baby's hair from front to backt o ensure that the olive oil or bath oil permeates the scalp. A mild steroid cream may be necessary to resolve inflammation.

Shelled,

No matter how long I pump.. I never get the Boob "Play-doh" feeling. Why????? I always have to use my hand to squeeze my boobs some more to squeeze liek another 50 drops++. I feel like a cow -.-

BB shower.

I chose Four Seasons. My Mom chose it for my brothers wedding and she said it's nice.. Not sure how mine will turn out. >.<
 
Stephanie,

Me, I am interested in the breast pads.. My nippies are so "abused" right now.. And the bloody Avent Breastpads are so frikkin expensive.

I don't mind getting 2 boxes man...
 
<font color="aa00aa">Pamelia</font>, who is ur PD?

Okie, will place order of 2 boxes for you... My nipples are also taken as pacifier by my boy
sad.gif
He must suckle in order to fall asleep, if I pull out prematurely before he "Sinks" into dreamland, he will wake up and the whole episode will start all over again... sigh...

Exchange rate is US$1 = S$1.45 (to be adjusted according to CC rate, excess will be used to off set shipping)

1/2 of GNC Card cost to be shared among mummies, I will bear 1/2 the costs. With the GNC Card, we can get 20% discount for this order.

GNC Fenugreek 200 capsules @ USD$10.39 (price after discount)
1. Stephie1735 - 2 bottles
2. Jul_04 - 2 bottles
3. Chase - 1 bottle
4. Infinity_star - 2 bottles
5.

The First Years Lanolin Treated Disposable Nursing Pads 30 ea @ USD$4.99
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=198415&amp;catid=133217&amp;trx=PLST-0-CAT&amp;trxp1=133217&amp;trxp2=198415&amp;trxp3=1&amp;trxp4=0&amp;btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT#

1. Stephie1735 - 2 boxes
2. Pamelia - 2 boxes
 
Rach,
tats all wat my pd advised..


sonnigt3 (sonnig)
since my friday PD visit til today then i try to use steriod cream on bb... was quite hessitate too.. thanks for remindin me about thining of skin
happy.gif
..

white rice wine..erm.. i try not to use alcohole on bb just yet.

PUMBING..

i still totally very confuse bout pumbing EBM.argh.....my concerns are :-
When to pumb? b4 or after latching?
my bb soo cluster /frequent feedings how to find chance to pumb.
worried next feed no BM.

sterlizing rule already making me so bonkers?
 
<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
I think cos you just gave birth recently lah, still engorgement haven't go away yet.
Try again after your engorgement goes away and milk supply stabilise.

How come you're not using Pigeon breastpads??
 
WAIL! how long do your babies spend at your breast? My boy takes forever. He keeps falling asleep. Somebody please tell me it's perfectly normal for a 22 day old to take a total of 50 minutes (inclusive of falling asleep, burping, and diaper changes!) on both breasts. Plus, he either wakes up 1.5h after that hungry, or doesn't sleep at all and gets hungry. =0(
 
pamelia,
pigeon's breastpad's quality is quite good so you can consider switching. i change so many breastpads in a day that i've even switched to tollyjoy for home use because it's cheaper. i continue to use pigeon when i go out because pigeon is more comfortable and absorbent than tollyjoy.

rach,
i had another nosebleed yesterday and am having another nosebleed now!!! i drink damn a lot of water everyday loh ... hiyah maybe later i make a trip to the gyn clinic to see if i can get some help. since i'm going to the hospital to register for the baby's birth certificate.

sonnig,
how? you managed to find the original?

shelled,
yah the inner piece is so irritating. i just cut off the inner piece of one of my mothers en vogue nursing top. now it's more comfortable to wear! but not a "nursing" top anymore.

angel,
yes, it is normal. mine fed from 8.30pm to 1.00am last night. feed, bath, feed, poo, fuss, feed, etc ...
 
argh!

i might kill my baby too!

have been feeding him smaller amt of 80ml as advised by the pd b/c of his reflux problem. but b/c it's a small amt, he needs to feed at most every 2h, mostly every 1.5h.

the washing of bottles n time to feed is drving me crazy! how to feed, burp, hold him upright for 15-30min, burp, lay him down n still do other stuff in 1.5h time frame! no need to eat, not to mention pump ebm for his next feed!

plus he seems to be a night owl. last nite kept us up with 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, 7am feeds! then he pukes up my precious already-not-enough-to-feed-him ebm! morning he'll sleep like it's nite! arrgghh.. gog crazy.. gog crazy..
 
Shelled,

Really? Am still engorged? I can get 150ml+ in 4-5hrs so I could get more? I used pigeon before... I find it quite scratchy on my skin.. No idea why.. Maybe because it's hand me downs and kept too long?

BBQ/Jul,

Rotate with HB night shift? Not good to have that thinking in your head... >.<

When my HB is abit rough with BB I panic and even cry my eyes out... We went through so much for them to come into this world... We have persevered for 9 mths when they were in us... Just take it as a challenge and another phase...

Hang on!
 
bbq
u r doing both bf n fm right? i cant really rem how it was like when the twins were babies but i only bfed them 1 mth plus thks to mil who made my supply dwindle. till now im still so sore abt it!

i only remembered the first 2 mths were tough, very busy n no time to do anything att all. my babies would start fussing from evening till bedtime. but by 3 mths their routine have developed n they were really good. i was doing nite feeds all by myself. basically i have to dream feed one b4 the other woke up. n i fed one away from the other boy's cot cos i so afraid his sucking would entice the other to wake up too! i cant let them cry for milk on their own cos if both cried same time i habis!!

its a tough period now but will get easier ok. hang on
 
Jul,

My HB has to tend to the salon in the day... But it's a phase you and him have to work out together... Saves you your sanity... And furthermore... It's only fair that he shares this tough period with you...

Actually it's hard to advise you on how to make Sam sleep at night... Firstly... My BB came later... So she's still not completely adjusted... 2ndly... Every baby is unique... Just takes time to adapt...When and how long? Time will tell... * Hugs * I myself have actually gone through this depressing stage to the extent I thought of killing myself along with BB...
 
dear shelled and stephanie, thanks for the info on caterer...will discuss with hubby and book by today ;p

Angel..my baby also the same as urs, during the 2nd week, i can latch her for abt 2 hrs, she sucks, fall asleep, burp, suck. Then thought that she had enuff, so put her to sleep, then she cries again. Sometime i m so fed up and tired, that i told my hubbt give her FM, then she falls asleep. But i will feel guilty after that.

After feeding for abt 30 mins, if baby didnt sleep, she will start to open her mouth wiode like looking for milk, then hubby said i need to work again...i really dunno if she's really hungry or she just want to suck on my nipples. I m very worried that she didnt put on enough weight, she didnt poo since yesterday...is that normal? i thought that breast feed baby tends to poo a lot, but not for my baby
sad.gif


post natal blue -> i had that too during the 1st 2 week,s even tilltoday i think. When i see the baby cries non-stop, i also cries. Not happy with my confinrment lady, milk supplu so low, baby cant seems to be satisfied...asll these thing made me so stress...
 
Post Natal Blues
i think many of us have it, just different degree. have to keep reminding ourselves that this is the most challenging stage, after that will get easier. and of course it helps by having a supportive husb / family and friends to talk to, esp frds who understands. we r all in it together so lets just support one another ok? lack of sleep/ low milk supply/ feeling frustrated cos baby is taking up most of our time etccc all these builds up inside us. i have gone thru so many preg n births already yet im not spared from these blues. i miss gg out freely, dun hv to care abt pumping milk for baby, where to breastfeed baby later, i miss bringing kids out, picking them from school, gossping with the school moms. just have to tell myself that its temporary, our babies need us most now, not anyone else. many of us have gone thru spotting, morning sickness, tiredness etc in our preg, so just take this as our last lap ok. after this i assure u that its gonna be lots of fun ahead with our babes.

Jul
sam has reflux? did ur pd suggest adding thickener into his milk? but dun worry lah reflux will get better with time, now its v tiring lor have to keep burping, feeding, carrying upright if not once he merlion all the milk wasted!
 
shelled,
Hmm.. ok. My left side gets full faster whereas the right dun get full and hard that often. He latch for 10-15mins because he dozes off almost everytime. It does seems like he empty my breasts most of the time. But if I were to pump out, then it will be very pathetic amount. Will need to pump at least a few times to make up one bottle feed.

As for supplementing, I am thinking no more than 2 feeds of FM a day, which means dunno how long I need to take to pump out for his whole day's need.

No luxury of having maternity leave. It's quite tough. Outstanding work seems to be never ending. By morning, after bb's whole nite's feed and fussing, no energy in the morning. Hungry, weak, sleepy. I literally had no strength to carry and pacify him. After bathing him and feeding, still need to continue to do my work.

Really hope it gets better soon.

Jul,
Your bb sounds like mine. Always waking up for nite feeds.

When bb cries non-stop, I get frustrated when I can't pacify him. Sometimes have to urge to just throw him on the bed.

Lying down position
So tired this morning, so try this position. An hr later, he cries for milk again. Hubby says don't use this method to BF him, seems like he can't drink alot as the milk leaks. Want to sleep when BFing him also cannot.
sad.gif
 
hi, my baby is 18 days old, how do you identify baby having diahorea, find tat his poo is getting lesser and eat lesser too. The poo he had is like not clean properly from the previous poo.
 
Venus,

Me Me Me! Though My MIL cooks 2 meals for me and washes BB clothes.. The rest I'm doing it alone! With HB of course. =3
 
shirley> definitely neo garden. i tried yls for house warming. food soso. neo garden for bb first mth. wow. all de food snapped up so quickly. i went for their international menu. de dim sum finished de fastest. the other dish looks interesting n taste unique too. nv regretted ordering neo garden's international menu =p

y not u try de fenugreek dat de mums here are trying. shuld help to increase supply. if u ever supplement with fm, den ur supply very hard to increase wor

paige> ok. i let u know if i wanna sell. i still waiting for my L size tops from rach spree to arrive. really not sure if i m suppose to wear M or L too -_-

i think i lost weight was cos i dun like de food confinement lady cooks. now tat she is gone, within 1wk, i gained 2kg -_-" haha. ya. de whole hm is stained with my milk. sometimes juz walking ard, de milk leaks too -_-" n leaks very badly. today while changing bb's diaper, my milk leak, i tot bb pee at me -_-"

polyclinic need to wait if u intend to take de jabs there. wheras de clinic i m going to allows me to make appt. so no need wait. which is why i decided to go clinic instead

sheryn> ya. managed to. thanx
happy.gif


bbq98> got leh. polyclinich oso got 6in1 jab

rach> lol. now i simply bo chap. use bb blanket cover n feed him while i eat in restaurant. first few times i still go nursing room. now figured out tat it is simply too mafan =p
 
jul,

my #1 oso got reflux. i just feed her the same amt. mine worst. half way feed will merlion liao or just finish milk and bring her upright oso merlion. then she just get better on her own and i can't really remember how much i suffer last time haha think tats abt parenthood, as we remember the good ones and forget abt our suffering as days goes by.
 
Pamelia,

Is this your first baby? How do you manage it by yourself? Can share experience? I am thinking to do it myself too.
 
mamato6

nope, PD din suggest thickener. Only suggested changing his formula to the anti-reflux thicker type. Yes! I feed, burp, carry.. then it's time to feed him again at the 2h interval, even tho I haven't had time to wash bottles, express milk, not to mention rest! I pray hard that his reflux ends by week 9!

joopz

I also tot of throwing Sam away several times during my blues period, esp when I was struggling with the BF thing, &amp; also when he refuses to let me rest &amp; keeps crying to be carried
sad.gif


Pam

Me also! Same as you. Meals &amp; laundry sort of provided but the rest is up to me (incl nite duty
sad.gif
)
 
crystalz

U din cut feed amt, just let her merlion? Yeah mine also. Sometimes drink halfway, will start to make choking sound, then the milk comes out liao
sad.gif
 
jul> lol. now tat cl is back, me too wor. everything i do. very tired hor? esp now tat my bb keeps fussing. maybe bring him ou too often, n he so used to having pple carry him -_-"
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul</font>

Why dun you try thickener? Tt's wat I was giving baby Jed. I didn't wan to give him e FM so had to add thickener into his EBM. It works well leh

Or another way which the KKH nurses suggest is to add the 1 scoop of anti-reflux FM into e EBM. They even gave me 1 tin of Enfalac AR but I've not even open yet</font>
 
michelle

Tired hor? Sob..

jenifur

Where can I get this? Price?

Is it safe huh? Not sure abt feeding him too much medication coz PD also put him on ridwind for a bit of colic
 
<font face="comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Steph</font>

I just realised that my GNC gold card will only expired end of this year. So if you need, I can help you order e fernugreek. In tis way, you all dun need to buy e card lor</font>
 
Venus,

Experience... Hmm.... Jul would agree with this 100%. TIRING!!!

What I/We would suggest is to rest as much as you can IF you can... Need to plan your timings well.. Took me 2-3 weeks and now I more or less have got used to the routine...

As though we are not troubled enough by the confinement routines... ( No washing hair, no touching water.. Blabla )
There is also a need to wash up after baby? bath baby... You can't possibly bath the baby wearing gloves can you? Washing the bottles pump, I'm made to wear gloves, but I don't feel secure wearing gloves because we won't be able to feel if the bottles are really clean.
Sometimes I wonder.. When I bath baby, I am touching water.. So why can't I bath in it and I have to bath in this brownish thing!

Food, Won't be as fantastic as those prepared by the confinement lady... So, I know shit if I'm getting the replenishment I need.. What else is there that you'd like to know?
 
Pamelia,

Do you have any assistance e.g Maid, Mother or MIL?

Was it a natural birth or did you have a c-sect? Is this your first baby?

I agree with you on the confinement routines but i am planning to get my maid to help with the washing and cooking simple confinement foods. I guess it is the confidence that i am worry about.
 
joopz
ur left gets full faster cos u latch him more often on that side? its very normal to be able to pump out so lil only after latching. i was like that too and gotta pump few times to make up one feed.
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Venus</font>

I did all my 3 confinement on my own. 1st one my mum still got cook some confinement food for me but I do everything else myself.

IS indeed quite tiring, esp e 2hrly nite feeds. Wat u shld to do is to sleep when yr BB is sleeping in e day time. Leave those washing/chores etc to others if possible.


<font color="aa00aa">Jul</font>

Sent u a super long sms cuz cldn't get thru u Guess u mus b busy feeding Sam again. You can read up about the thickener here:-

http://www.hormelhealthlabs.com/products/dysphagia/thickeners/default.aspx

Let me know if you wana try &amp; I'll pass you my newly open tin either tonight or tomorrow</font>
 
<font color="ff0099">angel</font>
It's perfectly normal. It's kinda long, I won't deny it. But a few other moms here also have babies who take pretty long on the breast. Not all babies are fast drinkers.
And to be honest, 50mins to feed, fall asleep, burp and change, is actually pretty decent.


<font color="ff0099">bbq98</font>
Have the 2 of them been taking turns to wake and fuss? It might continue to be like that for a little while more, please don't kill them.


<font color="ff0099">sandwich</font>
lol.gif
I mostly pick drop cup nursing tops or those V neck kind for easier access. The "pull up layer" sort drives me nuts as well. Plus the additional layer scrunching up on top of the bb's face... I can't see his face lor! Later spit up milk I also dunno.


<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
You're just joking right? You love Sam so much, there's no way you would kill him.
It's normal to still be waking up at night to feed what. K also wakes up on schedule to feed. So I've been stuffing him with milk every hour starting from the evening. Helps shut him up during evening fussy time also. If I'm lucky, sometimes he can go 4-5 hrs without feeding.
But since Sam has reflux issue, I don't think you can do the same.
sad.gif



<font color="ff0099">Pamelia</font>
If you think pigeon is scratchy, you should try Lucky Baby and Tollyjoy!
lol.gif

I believe is kept too long lah. U try a new box?
I don't trust my boobs with any other brand but Pigeon.


<font color="ff0099">Venus</font>
I didn't hire any for my 1st and 2nd, but my Hubs went on 2wks paternity leave, so I didn't do it entirely alone.
Confinement food was ordered via catering from newbaby.com
If you wanna do it yourself, you just have to remember that it's not going to be easy with lack of rest and a strange new baby. Very often you'll be quite helpless and don't know what he/she wants. It's not impossible, it's just more tough cos you'll be tired from the delivery.


<font color="ff0099">joopz</font>
It's actually very common to need to pump a few times to make up 1 feed. Before I started power pumping for J, I was only pumping 40-50ml each time. Had to accumulate 2-3 pumpings in order to have enough for 1 feed for K. It was kinda depressing.
Do you have any "off days" from your work? You try take 1-2 days to power pump lah.
Pump 1 boob while he latches on the other, helps bring on letdown so you can pump more. Then between feedings, pump both boobs. Within a few days will up your supply. You'll also slowly learn how to pump more efficiently.
I've got my ameda lactaline for almost a week now, and I FINALLY learnt which settings work best for me. Now can have letdowns back to back, so that saves a lot of time for me. I can clear out 2 letdowns per boob within 15 mins, instead of the previous 30+ mins when I first got the pump. But somehow I still have problem bringing on the 3rd letdown. I guess I still have to learn how to do that one.
 


mama to 6Js,

I latch him on one breast per feed. Yes, few times to make one feed, dunno how many times for a whole day supply. I think I can only make do with latching for now.
 

Back
Top