(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font color="aa00aa">jul</font>
WE are all NIGHT OWLS now... how come you all still kinda energetic ah... i super duper tired and shag lor... every night i feel like putting my baby in the drawer when he just dont sleep... i every night tired until cry with him.... ): sobzzzz
 


b/c I "see open" liao. And my baby already almost 8 weks. different mah. hang in there. u can make it!

I also went thru a bout of depression for almost 4 weeks due to the BF prob lor. cried many times every day until eyes all red.
 
hey jul, hope now u r feeling better.

just finished expressing my milk. whole body sweating now.

I also did cried almost everyday after i reach home on last fri. too many comments given.
Was in a confusion state last few days &amp; also BF issues.

i guess we all certainly can make it!!!
 
anyway mummies, i am also looking to buy milk warmer as i prefer expressing than letting bb to latch on. she is too anxious to drink &amp; always hurt my nipple.

Any brands to recommend?
 
For those of you who have maxi cosi car seats, are the car seats only for 0 to 9 mths or diff models cater to diff age group?
 
<font color="ff0000">Steph></font>
haha.. i dun like bebe au lait coz its pretty obiang lookin to me..all flowery de...
and if u use it outside..its so obvious that its a nursing cover, wheras for nursing poncho, its more discreet..
people prob wont realise what u are doing till they are walking near to u.. hehehe...

<font color="ff0000">milkyway></font>
hehehe... u can try put on her tummy and observe how she is doing....
my girl sleeps longer on her tummy...
she will lift her head and change sides on her own.. so i'm not worried..
but u can observe for sometime if u are not sure..and see how she is doing.. :p
initially we often check..but now we are not so worried le.
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Michelle></font>
aiyo.. i got paste link leh.. www.monpetitjardin.com
happy.gif

bebe au lait is like an apron.. u carry baby urself and sling it over both u and baby...its only covering the front half from ur left to right..
thats why i dun like..
my nursing poncho is covering all ard...front and back...even more discreet.. both are not handsfree..
handsfree u prob gotta get a pouch or sling..
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">shelled></font>
so u dun thaw the frozen milk in the fridge first huh??
u straight away put into warmer??

wah.. okie...

<font color="ff0000">bbq></font>
i always thaw in the fridge... i took out at abt 4pm yest..now its liquid already.. so i suppose abt 12 hours??
i think it'll be faster if u twirl it a little from time to time??

<font color="ff0000">Huishan></font>
jiayou..aiyo.. u all duncry la.. bery bad for our eyes during confinement.. many times i felt like crying initially..
then i think of the part i may go blind, i control.. but i did teared a few times in the 1st week too..
like so wu zu like that....

if she's anxious to drink... then u better latch on...warming up takes so long.. HB was trying to warm up the EBM today..*1st time*
coz CL has gone back..by the time he returned with the warm milk, i latch finish liaoz..
coz my girl latch for just 10-15min nowadays and will be full..
so i got a bottle of 100ml warm EBM..that i'm gonna pour away later..... sigh...

i gotta latch before HB comes back..coz princess was almost screaming liaoz...
so i latch first...but who knows... HB takes longer than CL to warm milk...so... yah....

Pigeon seems not bad.. i have alot of Pigeon stuffs like shelled too.. :p
 
Hi all,

Seems like many mummies are dealing with bbs that doesn't sleep. I wonder is there anything got to do with the time they are born.

Natalie hardly sleeps long in the daytime. I wonder why she always open her eyes big big even though she can't really see much. So kpo like that.

Like what Shelled mention, i simply ignore Natalie if she refuses to sleep. No time to attend to her haha :p. Only when she cries then i respond. If not super bo eng.

Rach
You still carrying Rayanne to sleep ? Me too, thought she okie liao. But just now sling her till she sleeps then put her down sigh...
 
stephanie> where u buy this bebeaulait nursing cover n how much?

i oso intend to get mim silk sling. how come ur mim sling cannot be use as a nursing cover?

rach> keke. i got de avent food warmer. but haven use n dunno how to use yet. cos now is total latch on =p nxt wk i can try liaos. hubby say nxt wed when bb is 6wks old we can try bottle feed. yeah!! means i haf more time to myself. dunno if bb will miss me =p

sonnigt3> ops. quarter scope for 5litres of water? faint. my cl use 1.5scoops for 6litres of water. no wonder my detergent finish so fast -_-"

milkyway> haha. i still bu se de cut my bb hair botak. think sat den i cut his hair. cos tml i'll be bringing him to my office n distribute de gifts to colleagues. dun wanna let him b named botak boy =p

dun really need to buy newborn clothes la. on bb shower dat day, my boy dirtied 3sets of clothes. de nicest one i got for him, before we step out of de house, dirty liao -_-" so he din really look handsome =x moreover bb shower really alot of pple give bb new clothes. ended up really alot of clothes leh. dun waste more money on clothes.

gina> i did not really follow strict confinement food. eat fried chicken wing, gong bao ji ding, etc etc etc. at 20days, i started taking cold drinks. =p n i oredi find confinement a torture =p

shelled> i think u shuld do a guide for me on how to thaw milk from milk bottles i put in freezer for use =p

rach> ops. all not handsfree ah? den i think i shuld get mim sling. howhowhow? manage to get bp for it =x
 
huishan

yup, better now. thks
happy.gif


me not b/c of comments but b/c i really din have milk. so sad for so long.

just asked shelled. she listened to my whines for weeks! belated thanks, dear
happy.gif
 
Rach
aiyo cryg during confinement will go blind meh? then i wud have gone blind many times over LOL!! aiyo u christian leh dun believe in this kind of myths leh!! i assure u wont go blind lah. even if u do Jesus will open ur blind eyes for u, dun worry! haha...

eh why u say bebeaulait obiang? nice leh i find. i have one of those aprons too but mine is from hooters hiders. if u wear nursing tanks wear apron will do cos u dun have to hide ur whole body since u dun have to lift up ur top mah. its also cooler. u dun like those floral floral designs huh? i like! the louder the better! but i agree ur black nursing poncho looks nice. i was wondering what is that u wearing on baby full mth!

bbq
why u all take so long to thaw FBM? actually the qty matters too. i used avent VIA cups for all my ebm and fbm. for 120ml i only need abt 7 hrs max to thaw. dun need overnite leh. i also surprised cos i remembered the last time i used milk bag took a long time.
 
Kam
yes, i dump everything in steriliser. but if u read the instructions it states the cups cant be sterilised more than *i cant remember how many* times
 
Bbq98

True lah, initally Natalie got wake up at nite and refuses to sleep. But since i started a rountine with her. She seems to learn the differences between nite &amp; day
 
Itsy

It does sound like you are having mastitis. Good thing you got antibiotics already otherwise it could get worse. It is VERY painful. Poor oyu.
sad.gif
hope it goes away soon. You get mastitis when there is a crack or open skin in nipple that allows germs to go in. Sometimes even when we latch probably, it can happen because baby's toungue rasps against the nipple and blisters the skin abit.

Waiwai,
My boobs feel like that all the time! I have to squeeze and massage very hard to get the ducts flowing. After each feeding, my boobs feel very bruised.
sad.gif
I found that using nipple cream worsen the blocked duct problem. Why dont you try stop using and see if it improves?

Rach
The sharp pain that you feel may be due to the ducts filling up with milk again. I read that in "What to expect in first year", on a section under "Letdown". I feel that quite often when my boobs have been emptied. Feels quite uncomfotable, and feels similar to the letdown feeling but the letdown feeling is more concentrated on the nipple area while the "filling up" sharp pain is all over the breast.
 
My newborn seems to have caught a chesty cough from my toddler. Do I need to take her to doctor? She coughs but fortunately so far no fever although she's "merlioned" her feed last night.
 
How to lose the last 3kg of weight? My weight seems to be stagnant there Liao .. is it ok if I dun take rice, just veg and meat while I'm breastfeeding now? Will it affect the milk?
 
<font color="119911">Mama to 6Js &amp; Twiggy</font>
Took the antibiotic and feel better now. I was wondering why I can kana blocked duct when I tot I am latching correctly so I went to TMC parentcraft for help yesterday. I was told even with little milk, if it's not drained, will get blocked. And to add to my problem, she commented that I have VERY low milk supply and my bb is starving! He's 3weeks old and 3.53kg. Seems like I was feeding him better when he was inside me. Aiyo, so I'm to latch and then feed FM while trying to increase my supply this week. Sigh.. tot I can do without FM. Anyway, she suggested to take at least 3L of fluid daily and also 6 Fenugreek capsules a day. Hope it'll really work and I can stop feeding FM.

<font color="119911">Thawing of frozen BM</font>
Sorry, I still dun quite get it. If I wanna thaw FBM, how should I do it? I'll take out the FBM from freezer and thaw in chiller compartment, and once thawed, I have to use it in 24hr. Or is it once out of the freezer, I have to use it in 24 hrs? Can I immediately put the FBM into warmer to thaw and warm it up?
 
rach, thks.
heehee my mum &amp; my mil saw i crying. they both traditional. thats y keep telling me crying not good, eyes will go blind.

anw i told them i am made of water(joking). personally i see crying as a way of letting go my frustration.

How much does the pigeon warmer cost? i bought the 1st years Breastmilk Thaw &amp; Warm Cup. End up realise it is more suitable for countries with hot tap water supply.

anyone using 1st yrs?can enlighten me?
 
Gina,
Hi hi. Sad to say, 4mths ML straight. Could see 'dark clouds' when I went to ask so I knew he wouldn't allow. Sigh. Gotta go back on 3 Jan. Some more got to bear with it cos getting my connect plan payout this Dec. U got to break yours, right?

Michelle,
Sounds like your CL thinks she's washing super soiled clothes to use so much detergent. Hope she did a good job rinsing. I wouldn't let my baby wear clothes that might still have soap suds. Actually, before my 1st was born, I personally tried washing some hand-me-downs to see how much detergent powder was needed. Think I must be a control-freak. ;p Job-related management style used at home.
 
<font color="ff0099">princess</font>
This is when you have to learn to take care of yourself as well.
If bb is quietly lying there awake, you should just go and sleep. Most of us are so tired, I think we all fall asleep the moment our heads hit the pillow. No need waste time waiting to fall asleep!
Sometimes even 10-15mins power nap also good lor. It all adds up.
Then when he cry, then you wake up lah.
If you scared you won't wake up when he cry, then don't sleep, but go relax.
Nua on sofa, watch tv, or something that you enjoy lah.
I know its sibei xinku now, but it'll get better.


<font color="ff0099">Rach</font>
My hubs never ever thaws the frozen milk. As for me, I will bring it down the night before for Joshua's morning feed lor.


<font color="ff0099">hui chern</font>
I think we have learnt to ignore cos we have no time to be bothered!
lol.gif

As long as they're not crying, bo chup lor. Otherwise no need to do other stuff liao!

Good that Natalie is starting to differentiate between day and night. Next time no need to have late nights liao!


<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
I am probably the least qualified person to do a guide on thawing milk.
I'm only starting to thaw/warm BM now cos J is drinking it. Otherwise I can't be bothered! My timing always cock up one.


<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
You're welcome!
And you didn't whine for weeks lor. It was periodically on/off through the weeks, so still very bearable lah. Hurhur.
But it's really good to see that you've somewhat come to terms with it now.
You try so hard until I also feel like giving up on your behalf. I would never have had the same kind of perseverance as you.
sad.gif



<font color="ff0099">enxuan</font>
There will always be that last few kg that doesn't seem to go away.
You just gave birth not that long ago lah, it'll eventually slowly shed off.
If you wanna speed it up then have to put in effort to exercise or something lor.
 
hey mummies!

princessxiaomei : don't get too upset.. my bb also can be quite awake @ times. Like now, she is behind me, wide awake but not crying. I just do my own thing lo. She just see look around, make a bit of funny noise... Now she falling asleep. I can tell you i am guilty of falling asleep while she is awake lo the past few nights. Haha... but she never cry so i continue to zzz.. I guess it's ok to let them be on their own bah? But i sleep next to her most of the time lo. Sometimes i put her in cot when she is fast asleep then do my thing...

got this off kellymom.com:
To thaw milk

Thaw slowly in the refrigerator (this takes about 12 hours – try putting it in the fridge the night before you need it). Avoid letting milk sit out at room temperature to thaw.
For quicker thawing, hold container under running water - start cool and gradually increase temperature.
Previously frozen milk may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours after it has finished thawing. Do not refreeze.

To warm milk

Heat water in a cup or other small container, then place frozen milk in the water to warm; or
Use a bottle warmer.
NEVER microwave human milk or heat it directly on the stove.
The cream will rise to the top of the milk during storage. Gently swirl milk (do not shake) to mix before checking temperature and offering to baby.

If baby does not finish milk at one feeding, it may be refrigerated and offered at the next feeding before it is discarded.
 
<font color="aa00aa">rach</font> - Obiang meh? Heheh I got the Chocolate which I think its really nice leh.. heheh

But nursing poncho got the neck space to see baby? I didn't get nursing poncho firstly I heard material is quite hot for baby... then also no space at neck to see baby... Where as Bebe Au Lait has this design which I can always check on baby without needing to use my hands when nursing
happy.gif


<font color="aa00aa">mwerkz</font> - I very big sized, so not much extra fabric at tail... hhahaha but honestly I still haven't figured how to nurse discreetly with the sling... just feel weird... really prefer to nurse with a nursing cover.

<font color="aa00aa">itsy</font> - what's ur baby's birth weight?
 
sonnigt3> keke. duno wat my cl doing =p maybe tat y all my things used up so quickly =p

shelled> lol. tot u got one other kid ma, keke din know u oso dunno how to thaw frozen milk =x
 
<font face="comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">lilac</font>

How's Nate doing? How heavy is he now? Baby Jed weighs 4.78kg before his op though I swear he look more chubby den tt

Does he still detest? Baby Jed stopped doing it for so long BUT during e op, he decided to fool ard w e surgeon. I was told tt he actually stopped breathing thrice. e surgeon tot they were losing him. He only stopped when e surgeon said they are gng to get mummy in to spank his backside when he did it e 3rd time *hahaha*

Our ON loot is on e way to SIN, will weigh e items den tabulate shipping ya. Tink we can catch up next wk @ Causeway Point for loot collection.


<font color="aa00aa">bbq98</font>

Try standing yr milk in tap water to thaw. I usually take bout 4 hrs or lesser to thaw my frozen EBM in liner. Wat I do is to leave it in container filled w tap water den put back to e fridge. If I need it faster den I will keep changing e tap water. Running it under e tap do fasten e process but waste more water lah</font>
 
Rach,
Im using Avent food warmer. It takes 4 mins.

Milk bag
Maximum how many ml we can fill to frozen the ebm? Im afraid it might break the bag.
 
enxuan,
I don't know about you but I'll faint if I don't take a full meal. Why worry about the last few kg? You'll lose it once confinement's over. That's what happens to me each time. Got to entertain baby alone, clean, cook, etc... So many activities after confinement will burn up all the calories in no time. I didn't have much time to rest till I got a maid. As for BF, think you'll need the carbo cos I always feel hungry after feeding my baby.
 
sonnig : the first time i went to meet P, she also say NO. Then after discussing with my colleagues an AM, they suggested i explain my situation lo. I have no one to take care of bb actually, and that Empress also not very keen then. I can't put in babycare as I already requested to be in afternoon session and most babycare centers close @ 7pm, i will not be able to make it. Then i still looking around for bbsitter lo..

Before i went in to discuss for the 2nd time, she addressed the issue of Maternity Leave during Contact time as several of us are preggie. She did mention that we are suppose to take 16weeks straight, regardless of whether it eats into the holidays. But she did mention they will consider case by case. Sch needs first.

So when i went in, i told her i was hoping she will "review" my case again and she asked about my situation lo. Then after discussing with my AM, i get to break my leave but with "conditions" lo. Otherwise, i would have to go back on the 2nd week of Jan as well. So i guess I am super lucky lo. Mine is break 8 weeks + 8weeks at one go lo..

By the way... any of your bb latch on then breathe very loud while sucking? my bb breathe like got block nose while she is latched on. She normally breathe no sound de leh..
 
itsy
whats ur baby birth weight? i think he is quite heavy weight if i dun remember wrongly rigght? so means he has not gained back his birth weight?

u have any help at home? cos besides latching n supplementing him with fm as suggested by parent craft i think u gotta pump very frequently too. which is why i said all the mothers here very wei da. we do anything to breastfeed our babies! plus now u r recovering from mastitis. pls take care ok! if possible, get somebody to stay n help you, like ur mom?

twiggy
if its me and baby is only ocassionally coughing, i would just hold gg to see pd. unless u see the need to and she has trouble sleeping and feeding. and hopefully the wonders of BM can fight off any virus inside her.

enxuan
wah lucky you only left 3 kg and u r worrying?? im still 8kg away from pre preg weight! n i dun care leh i know i will be able to shed it off slowly. i think its possible to have a protein rich and low carb diet when bfdg but definitely not for me! i need carbo to keep myself full if not i end up snacking, worst!
 
Gina
yes my baby breathed v hard too when he was sucking but that was when he was only 1-2 wks old. sucking is very tiring and newborns tend to pant, esp if u have forceful letdown or fast milkflow.
 
<font color="119911">Stephanie Goh</font>
My bb's birthweight was 3.21kg. After 4 days dropped to 2.9kg. Then now after 3 weeks about 3.53kg after a "full meal".
 
<font color="ff0099">Michelle</font>
With Joshua I also latch him on all the time mah.
The only time he drinks EBM is when I'm not around and his dad will give it to him. Which means I won't be the one thawing/warming it!
biggrin.gif
 
<font color="aa00aa">itsy</font> - but was baby peeing and pooing well?

Guess its really hard for us to judge if baby is gaining weight at home.. I also have a hard time figuring that out. Now I'm latching on fully and baby seems to be peeing and pooing really often. But when I express, I only get a very small amount so I'm also worried if baby's getting enough. Also my boobs always feel so soft..
sad.gif
 
<font color="119911">mama to 6Js</font>
I latch and pump so many times till I think I'm torturing my breasts and nipples lor. But doesn't seems to be working. My mum works and can only come over in the evening to help prepare my dinner. I so regret not getting CL. Cos I'm so tired and stressed out, I'm sure it's 1 of the reason y I'm so milk-less. My hubby can't help much at nite too.. sigh.. that guy can't even carry the bb properly! It' funny cos only 2 days back, I told my hubby that I can't take it anymore and I'm getting a CL.. but hahha my bb gonna be 1st month this sat, doesn't make sense to get CL. So I have to carry on to tong.

Dunno what's wrong with my breasts. When I pump, I'll get very fast let-down initially for less than a min then it'll drip slowly and then no more! No matter how long I carry on pumping, I can't get another let-down. This is not normal right? Cos I remember Shelled saying her gets 3 let-downs in 1 feeding. So in total I can get usually only 60ml max in 1 pumping session. If I pump after feeding, only 10ml. Sad hor?
 
mwerkz
post pic of ur chub chub leh!

Steph
haha call me bo liao or what, i itchy backside feel like buyg the baby weighing scale leh! haha... i asked it cost $299!! but hor a bit bo liao cos this is my last baby already. i should hv bought it when i had my #1 mah
 
mamato6js: Aiyo mine only few days old, already breathing like that. But she seems to have blocked nose leh.. got noise when she breathe and suck @ the same time... but i dont see nose shit O_O scared my MIL they all hear liao sure say it's my dog fur and stuff irritate her nose.

itsy: JIAYOU! you can do it! =D

jenifur: Good to hear that Jed is fine now! =)

~> My hub's colleague lent us her Medela dual pump and Pigeon Food and Bottle warmer. And my oh my, the pump is really noisy like what jenifur told me -.-'' And it sure makes my nipple sore!

Will try the bottle warmer and let you all know. I forgot where i read that Avent don't have the temperature setting so duno whether it killed the nutrients in it when it can warm stuff so fast.

~>Finally got hold of my sis's MIM sling. She mentioned it is the first generation type haha.. Can we wash the sling? Think got a bit of the storage smell.. Her's is the sateen sling.. looks comfy! She say she see the video also not very sure how to use haha.. think i managed to adjust it heh! It comes with a demo dvd also...
 
<font color="aa00aa">mamato6Js</font>, I totally understand how u feel cause I feel the same.. hahahah

Evem though we can use the weighing machine to weigh baby (mummy carry baby take weight then minus off mummy's weight) but it doesn't give you the accurate measurements in grams...

So I did think of it before.. hahah but for me, 4 is enough already... lol Close shop liao
 
itsy: try drinking more soup or fluids? Maybe it helps. My empress and MIL have been feeding me with soups.. Don't get too stressed out, slowly build up the supply. Just persevere! It will pay off!

wrist pain: O_O I don't seem to have the problem leh... think because i using the cheeky bon bon breast feeding pillow. I just place bb on it and feed her.. then my hands are free!
 
<font color="119911">Sarah</font>
I weigh myself then weigh again carrying bb, minus of to get bb's weight
happy.gif


<font color="119911">Stephanie Goh</font>
That's the problem! He's peeing and pooing well. So all these while I tot he's fine, just the kind who eat and dun get fat (Like his father) but then seems like I'm wrong. He needs to be fed more. My boobs do get hard but once I feed or pump, they drains very quickly with little milk. I've been thinking, I got big boobs, maybe they're just full of breast tissues and so no space for milk. Hahaha Going crazy thinking of all reasons y things is not happening as it should.
 
shelled

quote : "And you didn't whine for weeks lor. It was periodically on/off through the weeks, so still very bearable lah. Hurhur." too much an u! hmmph!

itsy

hang in there. me also same prob! letdown only like 1 min, then no more milk liao. i've been abusing my nipples for 6 weeks liao! still not enough to feed sam, have to supplement fm. nvm lah, once u 'see open', ur milk might go up coz u're less stressed. that's what happened for me, but of course stillo need fm #%$$##
 
Hi mummies,

Can i know what brand of breastmilk storage bag you all using? Where to get it? and est cost of the bag?

I am thinkg to store some milk in freezer but not sure where to buy it.
 
<font color="119911">Gina</font>
Drinking plain water doesn't help issit? Will it thin out the milk? I have soup during dinner. Other than that it's a flask of red dates drink, a glass of milk and lots of water.
 
<font color="119911">JUL</font>
I see open lor, else I won't feed FM at all. I was pretty stubborn abt it till yesterday. I've also tot abt it, even if my supply does go up, bb's demand will increase too and most prob I won't ever be able to meet his demand. Jul, your supply increased?
 
<font color="aa00aa">itsy</font> - Oh man, I'm beginning to get worried as well
sad.gif
Cause my baby pee and poo very well but my supply also low so dunno if he's getting enough
sad.gif
 
stephanie,
I tried calling the parent craft of TMC, they ask me to call 91193502 regards to bf issue. noone answer.
Can I have the consultant no that you have.

Hi,
Any mothers tried to pump out the milk but don seem to pump out all. When latch, seem to be a lot. but pump only 20ml at times.
 



Back
Top