(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs


<font color="ff0000">Tiwi></font>
i dunno leh. i had always tot its the pad smell...
but yest strip naked no pad.. i flipped open.. wah..the smell came out..faint...

<font color="ff0000">sandwich></font>
oh ya. tiring..some photos are uploaded.. but we didnt have time to take photos ourselves..
end up the different photographers just took most of the pics belonging to the grp of frens they came with..
whhaha....
we sent out sms invites 1st week of confinement... ahhaa..email 3rd week..
hehehe...

regarding the pupsik pouch, u meant not so discrete coz wearing normal clothes rite?
if i'm wearing nursing tanks..then pouch is so much easier, rite??
coz i only detached from my top, and feed..the pouch can cover.
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Sarah></font>
errr, depends on what u are keeping the frozen EBM for..
so... of coz fresher ones is better. but the longer u keep the frozen..the not so better it is rite??
then when are u going to feed her with the frozen EBM?
if she having jaundice now, u better dun eat ginger leh...
but my girl is fine, so i eat ginger also ok...

my buffet is from Aranda Country Club..have to take their caterer cannot take outside one..
so..its just normal. i dun have a choice..

i feed on demand..when she cries for it....
usually abt 1.5-3hours... depending if she's sleeping.
happy.gif


<font color="ff0000">Chern></font>
then latch on now lo..since u know her pattern liaoz...
since u are carrying her..then latch la.. :p

<font color="ff0000">milkyway></font>
at 3 weeks my girl already drinking 100ml...

<font color="ff0000">Pupsik Pouch></font>
Price confirmed.
those interested and want to buy, please check the stock availability at www.pupsikstudio.com
If the stock is available then have. if it doesnt show the color and size u want, then its OOS.
Pls PM me ur orders and we'll close orders on Tue 10pm as well.
Should get stock by next week if everyone sends in order by tue 10pm.

Thanks.
 
Sarah
I will give my gal milk when she wants it. As she will want her milk in intervals of 2-3hrs.

lochia
My lochia ended between 3-4 weeks. But mine is not those heavy flow ones. Quite light I would say. Mayb my gynae did a great job in removing my clots aft giving birth.

Pamelia
Did u mention that u have wrist pain? I have that too. It is making me difficult to carry my gal as she likes to turn her head left and right when latching her and my wrist hurts. Am applying salonpas to it and hope it will go away. Otherwise, will have to go see 跌打 already. Any mummies have the same problem and had it cured?
 
rach> if got smell might mean infection leh. better to go let ur gynae check? or at least call n ask?

hey get bp for mim sling leh. =p

sandwich> if i use normal clothes, does de mim sling bf discreetly?? cos i usually wear normal clothes out. wanna get a sling tat i can bf discreetly even in normal clothes
 
<font color="ff0099">happykae</font>
K is my #2. He's not drinking EBM, he latch on and drinks "fresh from source".
My #1 Joshua, he recently tried 1 bottle of EBM and he's been asking for BM eversince. So now I've been doing tandem pump during each feed so I can give #1 to drink.
I pump about average 70ml per boob if I go for 3 letdowns. I give him about 150ml to drink about 2-3 times a day, cos my supply still not enough to feed 2 buggers.
I'm hoping I can totally replace his FM with my BM, and each time can give him 240ml cos that's the amt of FM he drinks. But I think still need some time until I get there. Cos he drinks about 4 times a day (morning when he wake up, before nap, after nap, before bedtime).
4 x 240ml = 960ml!! *faints* Right now my max yield in a day is only about 500ml cos I can't pump if I'm out, and I don't pump at night when I sleep.

I'm looking into getting an electric pump now, cos every 3hrs using manual pump, OMG, my wrist damn strained lah. Some of the veins on my wrist already popping out due to strain liao.
sad.gif

Once I get the electric pump, I'll slot in some pumping sessions to up supply.

How old is your #2? I think you've mentioned it before, but I forgot.
sad.gif


I started freezing EBM once I started to pump. No steel smell leh. And it tastes and smells exactly like fresh EBM after I thaw and warm it up.
But so far none of my EBM goes over 2wks of storage, cos my freezer not that big to hold so much.
Right now I only have 13 milksticks (390ml) of EBM in storage. Which will mostly end up in #1's tummy. So I have to keep pumping in order to keep some "spares" just in case #2 also need to use EBM.


<font color="ff0099">rach</font>
Had sex @ 6wks after #2 lor. Last week lor.
lol.gif

But it's really quite difficult to have sex leh! Can't find the energy and time!
Must make sure both boys are sleeping, then got enough time in between feeds... mafan!!


<font color="ff0099">sandwich</font>
Pris Kong? Who?!?


<font color="ff0099">Sarah</font>
I stick to 3hourly feed in the daytime, but once we get to evening (6-10pm), I will give him on demand. Because he's got fussy periods in the evenings and he tends to cluster-feed before bedtime.
On a good day, he'll be drinking every hour. And then he'll sleep for 6hrs nonstop!
On a bad day, he'll still be drinking about once every hour, and then he'll still wake every 3hrs at night to feed.
lame.gif
 
OMG I'M SO HAPPY.
My boys both napping since 12.30!! SHIOKKKK!!!
I'm so blardy tired that I'm super happy that I don't have to deal with them rejecting nap today.
*hop skip do happy dance*
But I still have to do laundry. Maybe mop floor since no one kacheow me.
And cook dinner.

Ok, so I can't rest after all.
sad.gif
 
shelled,

How old is your #1? Just curious - would the nutrient of your BM suitable for your tod if you replace FM with BM totally?

I'm also thinking of giving my #1 BM when I start to pump more often next week.
 
Tiwi,

My husband is also away, now alone with bb. Not really alone, my mum is here with me. I find it hard to wait for my hubby to come back in November. Yours will only be back during CNY, thats a long wait !! You are one strong mummy.
 
Rach,
i store in the freezer just in case she cant finish in 2 days tats all.

Rach, Angeline, Shelled.
i prefer to give her on demand, tats why i feel abit frustrated when my cl feed her every 3 hrs when my girl is so asleep. end up feed almost 1 hr.

The worst thing is last night i carry my girl inside my room, cl came in and say i look after for u, dont sleep in aircon room. i said nevermind i wanna look after, she still insist and carry her away.
I was like shit, i told my hb u better carry her in, if not after 1 mth she don wanna sleep inside her cot, u look after yrself.
 
<font color="ff0099">Kam</font>
#1 is 28 mths old.
I was thinking abt the nutritional value as well. I figured that milk for newborns would definitely be more nutritious than milk for toddlers, so it wouldn't hurt for #1 to be consuming something more nutritious.
In fact, he is quite satisfied with just taking 150ml EBM as compared to 240ml FM. He also stopped having phlegm at night when he sleeps.
I had suspected it was caused by the sugar in FM, and it stopped since he started drinking EBM, supplemented with no more than 1 bottle of FM and 1 pack of Magnolia UHT fresh milk.

I thus conclude that FM is actually quite evil.
biggrin.gif
 
<font color="Ff0099">Sarah</font>
Oh dear! Did you try telling her firmly that you don't want her to wake bb up?
I know they will be full of excuses about how must feed regularly according to schedule, etc etc. But you're her employer lor! Bo chup her!!
Like you said, if the CL spoil your girl's routine, you will be the one to face the chaos lor!
I also refuse to comply when it comes to my bb's routine. Sleep in cot means sleep in cot. He scream, kick, yell, I just ignore him and let him cry. It's short-term agony rather than giving in and carrying him just because he wants to, then later on in the following years, he won't sleep on his own! I don't want to cultivate bad habits in him.
 
shelled,
i did told her dont have to feed her if she is asleep when the 1st time i saw her do that.
Think u're right. cot means sleep in cot. if not later refuse to sleep in cot, will bcome white elephant liao. so what u do if he cry non stop?
 
mummies,

do you noe any HALAL full month cake , so far i only see Prema deli
sad.gif
... i headache... getting for my colleagues ..... tot order from one bakery at one go. as some of my colleagues are muslim..
 
<font color="119911">Hi flower4,
I'm also a sep mum, been following this thread, My princess was born on 9 sept.
I also have headache ordering fullmonth cake, as now confinement, can only order online, my cake is from sweetest moments which is halal certified.</font>
 
Shelled,
your photo, you look so fit!!! in my eye... your skin are tan... oooh hot mama. you dun look pregnant at all!!
 
Thanks ivy,
i go take a look at sweet moments now.. my budget is SGD8 per box :p..

i noe some colleagues dun give Gift one. as all my previous colleagues who gave birth give cakes to all colleagues i think only 10% return with gift to her only.. so my budget is low, and oso some colleagues might be outstation when the cake delivery so some of them get few boxes themselve.. and those are oversea din noe they got cakes..

Ivy, i went thru sweetsmoments website, the home page did not show halal cert leh?
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">stephanie...</font>

cotton buds is what i use to clear her nose la.. but carefully lo. the pigeon thin stems ones are gd la.. dun tink they will fall off or break ba.. </font>
 
shelled
at least K cluster feeds in the evening.. my gal is 1-4am lor.. been like that for 3 nites already.. i cannot tahan liao...
 
shelled

boohoo so i'm feeding evil FM to sam?

flower

oh i bot them from babymallonline. small hor? i find them more suitable for newborn. but now he's big liao, can't really wear. need to upgrade to bigger ones!

no lah.. aiyoh y everybody think i shave sam? his hair just fell off. anyway if shave liao, the hait will take very very long to grow back. in the meantime v ugly leh.
 
<font color="119911">flower,
the halal cert is mentioned under "About Us".
I only order for my relatives for the cakes, for colleagues, i will give them bengawan solo cake voucher if they give angpaos or gifts. </font>
 
<font color="ff0099">Sarah</font>
I just pretend I am deaf.
lol.gif

Close the door and let him cry lor. Then I'll go in periodically every 10min to pat his chest and explain to him why he has to stay in bed. I'll also give him my knuckle to suck on to test if he might want milk.
I'll usually be nursing him every hr because he gets thirsty from crying.
Usually this happens between 10.30pm to midnight, so it nicely coincides with his pre-bedtime cluster feeding.


<font color="ff0099">flower4</font>
BabyMallOnline has got very small mittens. K also wearing small mittens from BBmall. But now outgrow liao, so wearing the regular bigger ones that KP sells.

Tanned meh?! everyone commenting that I very fair nowadays. Last time I am "orh orh" one, cos always go out in the sun. Nowadays always indoors slogging away.
lol.gif


Can dye hair lah.


<font color="ff0099">milkyway</font>
Maybe you can try to clusterfeed her earlier? K was formerly clusterfeeding between 11pm-3am. So I shifted it earlier by a little everyday until it became 6-10pm.


<font color="ff0099">Jul</font>
Eh, don't be so jumpy lah. I didn't mean it that way!
 
shelled

heehee nvm lah, just pulling ur leg. So so? U feel guilty right? Feel bad for re-opening my wound n rubbing salt into it right? haha
 
Ivy,
good idea, bengawan solo cake voucher, any idea beside bengawan solo have cake voucher, any halal bakery u noe of also have such cake voucher?

oh, i go see about us at sweets moment, some of my muslim colleague quite strict one, they may wish to see halal logo on packaging..

Jul,
Opps , drop off by itself. tat cool. changing good hair.. i oso dun wish to shave my bb hair... come out again very coast one leh. urs so lucky, drop off by itself.... some say dirty hair lor.. mus shave away.. im very relantan..

oh u bot at babyonline ah.. i finding singapore island wide all mittens soo big like for 1yr old &amp; older one!!
 
Shelled,
your impression here in this thread as though u are like very soft mummies, but this pix you look very tough. u look like those sarong girl, heeee. can married angmoh hee... wow u very fit la... you use to work out ah? KP mittens how big ah?

Awwww. can dye hair.Weeee...
 
Sarah:
i also told my CL feeding on demand at night so baby can learn to sleep, then she acts smart keep bringing the sleepy head to me, saying time to feed. say so many times liao, waste my saliva. lucky i'm latching, if ask her feed EBM, sure she anyhow feed.

Shelled:
saw your photo... u are hot mama! who says u are pregnant? go poke that person's eyes

me a bit siao... was planning to pump 100ml for my boy tonight, but pump some extra, not enough to fill a glass bottle to freeze and don't have milk tray... so end up... i drank my own milk.. LOL

had the full month celebration yesterday... so tired...
 
<font color="119911">flower4,
so far, i only see bengawan solo selling cake voucher, neber see other got sell.
for the sweetest moment, i still have 1 box at home, check for you liao, the halal cert and logo pic is only mentioned in the brochure in the giftbox, but not on the box itself.
</font>
 
my boy usually latch on one side 10-15 min, he usually swallows very fast for the 1st 5 min. then i burp him, he usually spit some milk out. then i don't dare to switch to another side liao

is it a sign of overfeeding???
 
shelled> can understand how tired man. morning wake up i do de laundry, den start to pack all de gifts tat were given fr bb full month, open all n c, den i threw them at a corner. den entertain bb since than till 12pm, he finally sleep. wow, eat my lunch than 130pm he woke up n fuss till 230. den finally i went to bed with him. woke up at 330pm to settle cc bills n some accounts. 430 feed n change him till 530. finally got free time again. so tiring -_-"

yalo. i oso let bb sleep in cot. wah. sat hubby's ex colleague came, den complain her son 2mths old refuse to sleep himself. must carry till sleep. den i figured out cos her hubby is older n deir family have been wanting a grandchild for long. so dey've been spoiling him whenever he cry. dey carry till he fall asleep. now dey are de ones suffering -_-

lina> wah. u can tahan ur hubby away for so long. my hubby will be away for a biz trip middle of dis month for a wk. tink i will be bored n sad for tat wk having to be alone with bb =( i'll most likely move back to my mums hm. but stll, thinking he's not ard, sad =(

sarah> wah. how can ur cl snatch ur gal away fr u? juz go back say i wan her in my room. dun tok so much =p

flower4> i believe sweet secret is halal? i ordered for them for relatives. my aunt who is a muslim oso took one box? so i presume it's halal

or u get those small gift from mytreasurebox for ur colleagues? i got them too. cos my colleague mostly go site one. so i dunno where they'll be on which day. i got a pack of bear+kitkat+milk bottle jelly beans in an organza bag for all of them. cost only 6.50 each =p looks nice n cute too. i ordered 47pieces =p gave some of the colleagues who came for bb first mth party. dey look happy to receive de gifts, more interesting than bengawan solo vouchers

yaya. all mittens so big. i mentioned i use masking tape to tape them before? keke. now i cut his nails. no more need for mitten. he so happy. grab everything he sees. but torture to my breast too. cos he grab them so hard when i feed him, like scare pple rob him of his milk -_-"

julieanna> my hubby's colleague say fenugreek is good to increase milk supply leh. i nv try. but her bb is drink 260ml at 9mths n she can provide enugh for her. she recommended them to me, but i haven go buy =p

waiwai> bb full mth celebration very tired hor? me oso think so. still not gotten over de tiredness accumulated since sat's bb full mth party -_-"

dun think is overfeeding. most likely de flow too much, den nv swallow properly. juz burp him, den continue feedin same side. i do tat too.
 
Hi all

May I know what is there to from the states? I thinking of getting some toys for my babies but don't know what to get.
 
shelled,
i dont think i can pretend deaf. hee... will xin luan and carry her if she quiet then i dont feed her milk.

Waiwai,
i seldom latch le cos she seems like not enough then wake up every hr. at least i ebm can let her sleep longer.

Michelle,
i put her in the cot she just carry her from the cot and walk out.

Ivy,
was thinking to order cakes fm sweet moments too cos the cupcake looks nice. how's was it. can comment?
 
waiwai,

How u tell ur gal? My boy kept want to beat baby. Boy now 16 months.

Maybe he a bit rough. Still trying to teach him to sayang 妹妹
 
bbq
yes i was celebrating full mth yest. so tired n my maids cleaned hse till shag this morn both overslept!

waiwai
ur boy also nurse 10-15 mins only? seems like more of our sept babies gettg effecient in sucking all nurse faster now.

i read somewhere in one nursing session as long as there r 2-3 letdowns mean ur bb is gettg enough milk.

i usually burp twice also in 15 mins and i always put back to the same breast. mine also sometimes spit milk during burping
 
Ivy, thanks for checking,

eh. Princessxiamei, prema deli got Cake Voucher? wee!

Michelle,
sweets secrets ah, ok i go see Zoom!
 
<font color="119911">sarah,
I never order the cupcakes cos my parents prefer the tradition package which does not have the cupcakes.
I ordered from them cos I quite like their giftbox design and the customised baby card.
My package got 2 red eggs,2 ang ku kuehs,4 Swiss Rolls, 2 mochi and 2 glutinous rice. for $9.90, i think the price and the items are acceptable.
The only complain is they are not able to deliver due to transport fully booked for the day tat i have chosen. </font>
 


<font color="aa00aa">flower4</font>
Have. Because i check with them before. But i think theirs never really like put baby full month if i never remember wrongly. But i know they have vouchers. FourLeaves has too but not sure if it's halah! :)

<font color="ff0000">lochia</font>
This blooddddd ah... making me so frustrated... Though my blood flow not heavy after 2nd night... but it's still coming on and off.. i thought it was gone totally... wondering when it will go off... wearing pad for soooo long make me so uncomfortable and sore at times.... ):
 

Back
Top