(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

shelled...

ya lo.. like i mentioned.. am tryin to avoid n ignore her for the moment. Dun wana get unneccessary aggitation. Must learn to be a happy mommy!

So fast hor? very soon will be updatin who pops first etc...
happy.gif
 


berriepie...

Hmm.. thats for me la.. Nohing much for me to get there..

Karen has got another view of the place.. She bought a lot of things there.
 
shelled

thats a good article, i hope i'd be able to establish good sleeping habits too, else i think i'd probably be snapping at my poor hb alot due to the lack of sleep. :p will ask him to read that article too and hopefully he will be supportive like the blog writer's hb.

sandwich
thats a good article too. maybe an incentive to help us keep our emotions in check.
 
ling,

$49.90 for a changing mat sounds rather expensive to me. what brand is it? they look like they got lotsa stuff from the website. i think i will go down and take a look when my hb is back. oh...thanks for telling us that they definately need the voucher.
 
SHELLED
many gynaes, though they r christians, are tied down by their medical professionalism too. im sure ur gynae wants to agree with you but yet at the same time she also wants to do her job by making sure mother n baby is safe. if i were u, i would not tell anyone abt my plans. like what jackie mize said, its already hard enuf to keep off the temptations and mind games from the devil, u dun need more ppl to give u their opinions as well. u only need to tell ur gynae and its impt she agrees with you cos if not on the day itself everything will be messy. just tell her ur plan and that by hook or by crook u gg to do it. then leave the rest to God. sieve out unwanted info and have few ppl to agree in prayer with u so u can go to that few ppl again to pray with you when u r under "attack" again.

KATHERINE
i share ur thoughts. i, for one cant bear to let my kids cry it out. even if i know its good for them to sleep alone, or even if i know its good for long term. i dun even have the heart to do it for 2 straight days so dun talk abt 1 week! my frd's babies were trained that way too and they cried for 2-4 weeks respectively. moreover, i find that kids grow up so fast. i just want to enjoy them while i can cos when they r older, u wanna ask them sleep with you they will refuse also! so my theory is always, just enjoy the moment lah. i always believe everything has its time and season. my gal who has always refused to sleep on her own bed now suddenly said she is a princess and should sleep on her princess bed that her papa been occupying for the past 1 yr just becos she insists to sleep with me every nite. she would cry heaven n earth if papa tease her by sayg he going to sleep with me and she sleeping in her own bed! then now suddenly she said my bed ugly cos its brown colour and hers is pink and now refuse to sleep with me. for a while i was too shocked for words n a bit sad lor. but she is growing up i guess and now i feel weird cos 1 yr i been sleepg with her now have to sleep beside one big pc of meat, my hub!
 
cutedevil

Big boobs does not equal to havings lots of milk
I dislike big boobs. Too me it too big. Well, pray that i will have enough milk for bb this time.




So far what have you MTBS bought for your bb ?

Saturday i went shopping with DH at Junction 8. Was at kiddy palace. Brought some avent bottles & teats.

The sale woman ask me "BB born liao ?"
I said not yet coming 6mths preggy
She say so fast buy....???
Then when, till bb come out meh ,siao
Told my DH, he was like "huh, stomach big big cannot see ah" Don't care just buy want i feel i should buy haha.

Anyway, i use vouchers that my church mates bless me. So we didn't really need to come out with much cash.
 
kiki

Ya lah. Not enough sleep of course will be cranky and snappy. I remember those days too well with my #1. Really have to ask your hubs to cooperate and be supportive in the early weeks lah, otherwise hard to avoid quarrelling.

The writer has inspired me to sleep train #2 as early as 2 months old!! Then everyone can sleep properly and adjust back to original schedules ASAP. But first few weeks sure damn xin ku one. *sigh*
 
SHELLED
actually i just went to karen cheng's blog. hers quite good leh! cos not much "torturing" and crying. u should hear from my frds. some quite terok literally cried non stop for hours!
 
mama to 6js

Yeah, i guess you're right. I felt it was important for my gynae to know that I am 100% keen on 100% natural this time round again. And I had believed she would be "on my side", but my hubs also did mention that as a doctor she must remain neutral and inform me that there may be possible risks of VBAC, and to prepare for any unforeseen circumstances.

But other than my doc, I've been keeping the plans strictly within me and hubs, because we really don't need detractors to make us second guess God's ability.

Why you so bad to call your hubs a big piece of meat?!
lol.gif



hui chern

So far only bought a 3 piece pack of rompers, 2 sets of booties and mittens. Cos #1's were mostly hand-me-downs and quite worn from the chewing.

Don't think will be buying much else cos mostly can reuse. But I'll be going to Motherhood Expo to look-see if there's anything we may wanna get.
 
mama to 6Js

I have to say it takes a lot of determination and patience to carry through with Karen Cheng's method lor. Go in every 5 mins, every 2 hrs a night... Ownself no need sleep liao. And she still got 2 small boys to take care of!

I always find her posts on motherhood very inspirational.

Last time we sleeptrain Joshua, ppl also say we very cruel to let him cry. If cry, must carry and pacify. But my hubs say long run we're not helping anyone. We'll be tired, and Joshua cultivate waking up a few times a night. So just... hard heartedly pull through with it lah. Lucky only 1 week, otherwise I sure give up.
 
Jenifur...

just now i saw the CB hair n body wash 17.5oz at watsons.. they selling $49.90 per bottle ah... so ex lo...

Now really tink i should get from u le.. Duno which other brands is non rinse n good le.. i hear ppl say the avent one is good n non rinse.. but yest at the philips sale, the ppl told me gotta rinse off.. haiz..
 
shelled
yah if u decide to go for it then go all the way. if not half way give up wasted all those time n efforts. otherwise, be like me lor, just wait for them to their their own cue.

but i like the way she said abt herself cant be a good mother and a good wife and manage a home if she is sleep deprived. which is v v true. tempers sure flare when we lack of sleep i think just do whatever u think is best for ur own situation and according to ur level of comfort lah right? there is really no hard n fast rule abt motherhood.
 
*mama to 6Js*, *shelled*

Think im lucky in a sense, my gals can sleep through the nights without any feed at around 2mths old without any training like karen's...

usually my routine is i will change bb into pyjamas at around 7/8pm+, on the air-con and on the night light...and feed bb thereafter leave the rm...bb auto will drift to sleep. before i go to bed around 11pm+, i will wake bb up again for another feed regardless if bb is sleeping or if wants milk or nt...and bb will only wakes around 6am crying for milk...

bb will sleep with me for sure...if lil noise is make, usually pacifier will do the trick to keep bb satisfy and quiet...I know many pple/mommies dislikes the idea of pacifier or bb sleeping with parents coz its seems like a bad habit and parents need 'privacy' too...i totally agree...
BT somtimes its really bohbian, my sleep is more impt than any other things. Im a homemaker with many children without helper. deprivation of sleep will make me too tired to do the tons of chores during the day plus taking care of the kids and newborned...and of course the tempers!!

if hubby wants 'privacy', best if hub is supportive and makes sure he helps to 'train' bb too...bt my hub is those once sleep, will be dead like log, won't be able to hear alarm ringing, bb crying type...in the end, i will be the only one staying awake, walking fr this rm to the other rm...although still the same hse, when one person is tired, it will become such a chore! if hub wants privacy bt im the only one doing the 'hard work', i rather do it in my own easy way... I'll haf the bb sleep beside me (in the cot of course) so that when bb makes noise/cry, i will know what is happening juz by taking a glance while still lying on bed...can juz stretch out hand to pop pacifier into bb's mouth if bb is juz making lil noise or if bb is being suffocated by anything, say pillow or when bb has learnt hw to flip over, sometime may flip over and being face down yet unable to flip over to face up again successful...

whatever...maybe im being paraniod bt i will feel more at ease to see bb upon the opening of my eyes...coz im also fearful of the 'sudden infant death syndrome' another term is 'cot death'. it's when the infant dies suddenly of unexplainable causes before 1yo. most common between 2-4mths of age and 90% occuring by 6mths of age. It happens usu at night....

think I AM really paraniod lor...even if bb is nt crying for milk or making noise, i always haf the habit of checking bb for breathing...
 
girly,
hmmm i am also like u...
when my #1 is less than 6mth...
i will often check for her breathing during sleep...even in day time...
 
Sorry to interupt.

Brand New Yaolan for sale - comes with stand, spring and net (blue). Only set up to let baby try but baby just don't like to be in it. Bought the whole set for $120. Selling as a full set at $80 now.
PM or email me at [email protected] for pictures.
 
*mama to 6Js*
wah u gal use SKII, my gals use J&J lotion only...when i use my stretch marks cream, they want to use it too! bt i can't possibly let them use the cream right so they will get to use 'their cream' while i use mine...

bohbian hor, got hiaopoh mommy then got hiaopoh gals lor, HEEZ
happy.gif
i rather they be vain and take gd care of their skin rather than not..
 
Hi Girlygirly

I hope my bb will be as good as your bb. I am a great sleeper myself... cant imagine losing sleep. The thought is already unbearable!
 
cloudme

ya lor ya lor, be it day or night...day time when bb not making noise, i will walk into the rm juz to check the breathing. at night, will wake automatically to peep into the cot for bb's breathing also...
 
I loh

yes yes, sleep beri impt to me. Im those sleep early type. b4 i haf children, by 10pm i will haf already knocked out. now can tahan till say 12pm coz sometime when kids turned in, it will become a 'ME' time to do my own stuffs or chores.

I don't take after nap. I can't sleep during the day...no such habit and no time also...so by night i will be very tired fr the day activities...

there's 2 things that makes my temper beri bad, empty stomach and lack of sleep, haha..
happy.gif
 
shelled,

hmm...actually another question occurred to me while thinking about the training baby to sleep thru the night method. if say, we dun do the 2-3 hourly nite feeds, do we still need to express the breast milk every 3 hrly or so? if not, will the milk supply be affected ah? or worse, get breast engorgement???
 
mamato6

I hope I understood correctly. B/c she said from 7th mth = 2x/mth, from 8th mth = 4x/mth. Unless I misunderstood, & she means AFTER 7th mth, so that means like ur gynae.. from 32 weeks?
 
aiyah abt waking up at nite...
i've been walking up every nite for toilet break and it's very torturous for me to fall aslp after that. End up i always have not enuff slp and my eye bags are getting darker and bigger by the day. Already dont drink water after 8pm still like that. Cannot imagine after bb is born and i have to wake up every 2-3 hrs??? OMG!! i will become a panda!!
 
JUL
i dunno leh. maybe our gynaes work differently? diff gynae diff practise?

Girly
haha im same like u. if i dun see baby or hear him stir in his sleep i have no peace leh end up i cant sleep also! and to go from room to room to check on baby is too troublesome for me! my babies all sleep thrughout the nite at different stages. twins at 9 mths! #3 at 3 mths and my gal at 5 mths.

i dun let my gal use SKII hor she helps herself to it!
 
mamato6

Erm.. roughly how many pads to be used per day ah? I KS already bot 4 or 5 packs of those Pigeon breast pads haha. I dun really know how much I need, but just buy & stock lor. Buying makes me feel secure haha.
 
kiki

Well, my tummy will suddenly tighten for a while. It will be very hard.. then release.. May happen only once or twice or maybe 3 or 4 times? Seems similar to what jenifur described as Braxton Hicks the last time. Am I correct huh?

shelled

At least u had no choice but to get the wardrobe in the MBR. Mine hor.. I regret doing the walk-in. My ID was really bad. I shd have done the normal doored wardrobes instead, then I cud have done something more useful with the MBR.

But I too lazy & wanna save $$, so din hack away the walk-in wardrobe lor. My next hse, I swear to learn from my interior design mistakes haha. Mine 5 yrs last yr, but cannot afford to sell & move. Now with Babylet on the way, lagi no time & no $$ to move.
 
milkyway

I also have to wake up every nite to pee. I figured since I'm waking up anyway no matter what I do, I might as well drink water lor. But cannot drink more than half or 1 cup, or will wake up twice!

mamato6

No lah, must cfm with her when I next see her. Coz I rem she mentioned 7th mth & 8th mth, but dunno how many weeks she is referring to.

That was when I was ard 10 weeks, so I had other issues on my mind such as spotting etc rather than remembering my check up freq 6-7 mths down the road haha.
 
JUL
i dunno ur body leh so i dunno how much milk u will leak! haha... for me, i tot i would leak n leak also in the end bought so much plus gifts from frds but didnt manage to use that much leh so end up keep stocking n stocking from #3 till now also still got spare! dunno got expiry date not :p

basically early weeks i used abt 2-3 per day. but when i go out usually i will put as precaution cos i scared leak then so embarassing.
 
mamato6

Oh.. then my 4 or 5 packs wud last.. only 24 days? A mth only? Aiyoh.. I tot I got a lot of breast pads, but seems like I may need more. But yeah, I agree that it's very embarassing to leak outside leh. Me very modest one, cannot bear that to happen, I will die of shame! muahahaah
 
girly,
i guess so hor..

jul,
i tried to drink 1 cup too but end up i wake up twice, more jialat leh.. hehe

and the best is i tried different types of eye care products to reduce puffy eyes and dark circles, dont really work on me leh...spend so much and not effective.. sigh i was hoping they works magic on my eyes. haha
 
Hi mummies
juz had a frightful scary bleeding...npw bedresting at home.. cried till eyes puffy too scary without hubby around... lucky everything okay ..otherwise dunno what will happen to me !!
Do take care of urself and dun over exert urself...
 
*kiddo*

whooa...DO REST!! guess muz be ur pressure/stress fr work...can see that u are unhappy with ur job...ur shoutout in FB always full of anguish....

u muz take gd care of urself too...esp when hub nt around. ur edd 1 day later than mine, so 24wks le...muz hang in there...
 
hi girly - hahah facebook is a good place to smooth my anger... yap juz now was crying wonder if my big boss would hire additional helper to ease the load or consider terminating me!!! Coz it is really too much lor..... then i was crying "crazy" can't help coz to scary out of sudden u saw bleed again where u thot everything is good in this stage!!
Juz now the scan bb was only abt 600 grams ++ ya lor now onli 24wk so scare it pop out now... juz another 10 weeks or so at least not so scary.. it already over the half mark point it!!! Hope it wait till the end!!
 
Take care Kiddo!
watch some tv or reading to keep u occupied in bed and dun think of the bad stuff.. be happy for bb too! Jia You!!
 
kiddo,
oh gosh.. it must be really scary.. u better rest well. Forget abt work now lah as u and bb more impt! u mentioned u have such prob in ur 1st preg too rite? better take care yah! hope ur gynae give u enuff days of mc to rest at home
 
jenifur,

is your place near sun plaza ah? coz maybe tomorrow i might be going there, so thought perhaps i can pick up my babymall spree stuff from your place. btw, i've made the top up.
happy.gif
thanks.
 
girlygirly

I also wanted to move #1 back into our room lah, cos I also keep feeling the need to check his breathing! But my hubs stayed firm and he actually did help out alot, so I'm not complaining. Cos I had C-sec, when bb cry at night for milk, he would be the one to get out of bed to bring Joshua to me for feed. I just needed to change to lying on my side, then latch on.


kiki

It's recommended that you wake up and pump lah, especially if your supply is not established yet. Which is why we only sleeptrain Joshua at 4 mths old cos he needed nightfeeds every 3hrs.

I feel if i need to wake up and pump, I might as well just wake up & feed! Cos to me, pumping is more troublesome than feeding lor. At least I can lie down and sleep when baby is nursing mah! Pumping I have to get out of room, sit down, pump... sianz ah.

kiddo

Oh dear. It must be worrying AND boring to be on bedrest. Take care!
 
kiddo

Wah got a shock when I saw ur post. Be a good gal & rest for a while lah. Already 24 weeks, almost there liao. Jiayou & dun think too much abt work & other things. Just concentrate on resting k?
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Back from my gynae check.. I've put on 3.5kg todate &amp; Jedidiah weighs 690g. Everything is ok except tt I've to start medication to prevent contraction. But dun tink I'll be taking it as often lah</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Shelled,

I cannot rem if it's Jackie Maize or Nerida Walker. I'm reading both book now.. you should read Jackie Maize book to re-enforce your faith again. She has a book called Prayer &amp; Promises for Supernatural childbirth which I find v useful.

I agree with Mamato6Js tt our gynae are being tied down by their medical professionalism too. My gynae supports my faith but she still have to remind me of all e cons etc. Just stand on God's word &amp; get yr prayer team ready. Choose yr prayer team wisely ya... make sure they are in line with yr faith &amp; belief
happy.gif
</font>


<font color="0000ff">Corsage,

Hope you are feeling much better now. Do rest if you are not feeling well... all stuff can wait</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Kiki

Yupz, my cervix is already 1cm dilated which is not really v big lah *hee* I cannot feel anything, it was detected via cervix check when I went TMC to see doc for v bad tummy cramp.

My place is not really v near to Sun Plaza but I can still meet you there. I've got no hp now
sad.gif
so u jus msn me e time. But I wun b home from 6pm onwards as I've got cell grp mtg tomorrow</font>


<font color="0000ff">Ling,

Very ex hor... imagine tt's only e bodywash leh, still got creams, sun care prodt, conditioner etc...Tt's why I've to get from overseas mah, troublesome but can save can liao. I rather save e $ &amp; buy more stuff.

Will add in yr order later... my eyes is gng to close now, finally!!</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Kiddo,

Gosh.. it mus b v terrifying for u. Pls rest as instructed. Wat I did during bedrest was to read / watch HKG serial &amp; do my knitting. I agree it's really a torture but bo bian. Take care ya</font>


<font color="0000ff">Karen,

I've close e walmart spree. I might do another one as I've rec'd PM from a few other mummy too. Let U know if I"m starting 1 ya. But I'm definitely starting another babymallonlline spree. I've got some funds stuck w them due to out of stock items.</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Jess,

I've replied yr question bout e cream in my CB spree thread
happy.gif
</font></font>
 


Jenifur:
Thanks for concern
happy.gif
Whoa. you are up till so late. I woke up at 4am and had ice-cream. Can't sleep, but will probably try to lie in bed again.

Kiddo:
Please rest as much as you can!! Take care and beeeeg hugs.
 

Back
Top