(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Jul...

According to many 3rd Tri starts at week 28. Babycentre says its week 26.. I also duno..

So u'll see bb 2x a mth or every 2 mths? heez..
 


shelled...

Ur back!
happy.gif


So I guess ur done with ur bb's room? How nice...
 
Hullo cutedevil

I envy u! I've put on so much weight & my BB is overweight too haha.

ling

Nvm I cfm with gynae when I see her next next week. She mentioned long ago that 7th mth, she will see me 2x/mth, then 8th mth is every week liao until I give birth. Think shd be std practice right, to increase frequency of seeing gynae?
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul_04,

I've a feeling Dr. Wong will upgrade me to 2 x a mth after today esp when she find out that my cervix has already dilated
happy.gif
</font>



<font color="aa00aa"><center><font size="+1">DHL just delivered my parcel from Babymallonline... This is for Batch #1. Will sort out the clothes later &amp; email out the shipping cost
happy.gif
</font></center></font></font>
 
Gd morning gals!

Jul!! tt's alot of maternity wear!! i only have two working pants.. one black one white! one denim skirt and one denim jeans.. hehe but i do hve afew pieces of tops n dress hand down from my sis.. nw i can still wear some normal baby doll top.. but u still planning for no. 2 and 3 rite?
happy.gif
so nvm la.. u still got chance to wear again
happy.gif


Hmmm.. i still thinking if i shld get a sterilizer or continue my current method of boiling in a pot.. seems like using a sterilizer is so much faster than boiling..

weight gain: i gain abt 5kg when i was at wk 22.. my gynae is gd.. hehe.. he lets me see him every 3 wks! and sometimes earlier if the date he is not availiable .. but really need to wait a long long time at e clinic to see him lo..
 
Jul..

yea.. i heard its the std practice to increase the no. of visits in the last trimester..

Woah... very fast hor? we goin to enter into the final lap.. It seemed like only yesterday when we were still talking abt heartbeat, bb's CRL, NT scan etc.. We must really treasure the preg period. I heard we'll miss it aft bb is born...
 
jenifur

Urs is Dr Joycelyn Wong ah?

Alamak. My stupid babymallonline spree which I ordered before u even startedd ur spree only reached vpostusa yest. So slow!
 
Hi, mummies.

Finally did my detailed scan @ Wk22 and everything is fine. Baby is confirmed to be boy.
happy.gif
I can start my shopping liao. Already bought receiving blanket. But also ended up buying 4 clothes for my girl. Hahaha... Girl girl stuff more tempting.
 
Katherine

A lot meh? Somehow I aws got no clothes to wear one. Well, at least until these 2 weeks, when I suddenly managed to buy a lot of stuff.

I wud like to have more than 1, but HB like not keen. Nvm I will work on him haha.

I lazy.. Prefer sterliser than boiling. But now I think abt it, if I BF the first few mths, then I prob no need to use many bottles, so my steriliser a bit lang4 fei4 liao.

ling

Yeah very fast! All the things I said I wanted to fo during preg all nvr do. I even stopped reading preg books or online articles abt BB since I went into 2nd tri liao. Somehow got caught up in the buying buying frenzy.
 
Hi Ling &amp; jenifur

my 2 hands up in agreement.. =) earlier trimester i keep getting unwell, so need to see my gynea.. then my hubby teased that i wan to see bb on ultrasound screen tat y i go gynea everytime i was unwell... lol


i went to look around for the baby's wash/ shampoo to see which one is better (cos i'm so tempted to buy California Baby pdts &amp; want to protect bb skin but yet i hope to save a bit of $$.... in dilemma)

My findings (in my opinion):
Seba-med: contains alcohol (not good for bb new skin right?)
Avent: contains lotsa "paraben" (good?, not cheap too)
J&amp;J/ Kodomo: contains SLS
eco friendly baby: not a "no tears formula"
Mustela: seems harmless though exp, win a bit
California Baby: wins my heart but need to order overseas for cheaper price

Should i expose bb to a "harsher but not harmful to skin" ingredients so when they grow up, they are "more immune" to normal ingredients in other products?
 
Pamelia

Think your back hurt more is because your job requires you to stand most of the time. Try to rest as much as you can when there no customer lor. My back hurts too. I will get DH to rub my back for me. Very aching too.

Kiki

I too have this whitish thingy. I sometimes sqeeze them out haha. My boobs seems to be bigger than my tummy :p
Saw you are buying the diaper bag from walmart. Do share your reviews on the quality when you receive it. Thanks
 
Oh that time someone was saying.. was it sandwich? That she bot some diaper bag from some shop in Spore? I wanna go check it out.

The free one from TMC is too heavy for me to carry, &amp; I dun like the Walmart ones.
 
Jul > U got my number/email if you miss me mah. :p We gotta start a bit earlier on the furniture because the 2 boys will be sleeping together arh. Must plan &amp; rearrange and all that nonsense. Plus my hubs is very very busy at work, so i have to start earlier before I grow too big and become inconvenient.

Come 32wks I will have to start washing up #1's old clothes and start to pack them nicely into the cupboards liao.

I also keep wanting to buy maternity wear cos mine are mostly too big for me. I shrunken and still haven't really put on weight yet.
sad.gif
Waste my money! But I keep telling myself only 3 more mths, don't buy don't buy. hahaha


Ling > Actually not done yet arh. Just finished with expansion of walk-in wardrobe so the boys' clothes next time put together with us.

Next up have to buy toddler bed for #1, so can hand down the cot to #2. Then toy storage for my living room cos #1 starting to have more and more nonsense lying around cos ppl keep buying for him. Make my living room look so messy!

Sorry to read about your situation, but the older folks usually not very happy with us waking up late or napping. My MIL also a bit KPKB, until she see my face like half-dead, then she keep quiet. Now she know I been moving furniture around, she also KPKB, but she precious her son also, so diam diam lor. Cos cannot bear to make her son do all the home revamp stuff on top of his busy work.
 
Re: Gynae visits

The gynae's assistant told me after my next checkup @ 31wks, I'll have to go back @ 34wks, then 36wks, 38wks.

Wah! Suddenly sound like baby going to come VERY SOON!! *panic + excited*

Ppl keep telling me I should be prepared that I may undergo C-sec again. I find it such a wet blanket cos I really keen on VBAC lor. And not as if I have any pregnancy complications to fuel the possibility of c-sec. Doc just "reminded" me that I have a "stubborn cervix" cos I got stuck at ard 4cm dilation after induction.

I am putting all my faith in God to grant me a natural delivery! NATURAL NATURAL!! Die die must natural!
 
Morning all... monday bluessss... sigh... hate mondays..

anyway i was at the Philips sales too...damage done was closed to 1k cos bought several household items for my new place as well...
Bought the Avent single manual pump for 75 (tot buy this first for temporary use since i intend to bf, then after confinement then test out which electronic dual pump most suitable lor).
Also bought the steam steriliser and bottle warmer.. only bought 3 stuff for bb so far... got so much more to buy leh.. sigh, wish i'm printing money instead. hehe

some of u mentioned the Kidsloft place not bad? havent went there but surf the website. is the 50% discount voucher on top of the website discount? If yes, then very worth it leh.

Btw Kiddy place is having 15% sale for non-members and 20% for members. And we have the mother and baby fair coming 4-7 June... happy shopping!!

I just postpone my gynae visit to 1 wk later, was initially next wk, now gotta wait 3wks.. long wait.
 
hui chern.. Envy!!! ur boobs bigger than ur tummy?! wow.. i also want that ley hahaha...

Jul.. errrr.. its sounds quite alot la.. but if u cant find into some of ur normal clothes liao then no choice lo.. hehe u can just 'bluff' ur hubby abt ur mens date then high chances of getting more than 1 lo
happy.gif


Ling.. yes def going to miss the bb is the stomach.. i'm going to close shop after this so must enjoy nw.. but then .. nw i feel heavy n also aching at my cevic that its not very enjoyable
sad.gif
 
Hi jul_04
Oh.. Im talking abt the ingredients used in the individual different brands of baby, body wash/ shampoo... Im kinda concerned how the SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), paraben (eg. Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, and Ethylparaben)...
both can cause irritation to skins..

haha bit too technical.. sorry... Kiasu mommy me wants the best for bb...
 
Jul,
u do have much more maternity wear leh. i'm always complaining to hb that i dont have a lot but he insist i have lots. Only bought 2 pants, 1 jeans, 2 skirts, 4 dresses and 4 tops. Have few more tops, and 2 3/4 pants and 3 more dresses which were hand-me-downs from my bestie. now i must stopped looking at maternity clothes sinceo left abt 3months plus only.

still left those big tickets items for bb not bought yet..

Ling,
try to tahan lor... is ur hb back today? elderly are like that, but lucky my grandma didnt say anything. i alwasy lock my door when i dont want to be disturb. hehe

Mummies,
can i check if we can just wear normal bras and not those nursing ones? I bought 3 nursing ones already but dont intend to buy more. So tot of just getting normal ones leh.. the ones i've been wearing pre-preg and even with extensions dont feel comfy anymore. But nursing bras are really too ex leh.
 
wow, boobs bigger than tummy .. sure lota breast milk **lucky bb**

mine only grow a little, like wearing maximizer .. Was told will grow at least 1 cup bigger, I'm still waiting :|
 
mamato6Js,
my boy thinks i own a CB factory too! we sleep with the moisturizer on the bed, cos both of us have eczema and need to moisturize in the middle of the night sometimes. we only run into problems if he wakes up when no one else is in the room. then he will quietly go and attack the moisturizer. to ensure that we apply a lot of moisturizer for him before bedtime, he will complain that his hand pain, leg pain, back pain etc. teaching him to change "pain" to "itchy". hahaa, sounds so sissy. luckily i don't have cosmetics, otherwise he'll sure smear cosmetics all over himself.

cutedevil,
hi and welcome!

jul,
i bought my diaper bag from the "mums&amp;Babes" shop at tampines one. tried to find the same brand online, but can't find it. so no choice, bought at a local store instead. been using it for abt 2 weeks, and my husband likes it too. he carries it for me even though it's red.
 
hi Jen,

Thanks for the Bfree voucher. I bought 2 sets twin pack at $25.80. This is really worth buying..going to checkout kidsloft this Sat..heee so excited.

Thank you ladies for all the vouchers
 
Jenifur,

HAve u ordered the Walmart purchases? I haven't pay you. But I can't seems to find the bag I ordered on Walmart webbie liao.
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Ling,

Batch #2 shld reach me by this wk too
happy.gif
</font>



<font color="aa00aa">cutedevil,


2492652.gif
</font>



<font color="0000ff">Jess

Every mummy is kiasu when comes to their BB. We all want the BEST for our child. Tt's mother nature. Hv u try look @ Burt's Bee or Gaia? For me, I'm a sucker for chemical free prodt when comes to my chidren
happy.gif
Why go for 2nd best when we hv e option of the BEST!!!</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Shelled,

Just ignore those ppl. Who are they to claim tt you will be undergoing C-Sect? Reject tt &amp; confess u'll hv e supernatural childbirh u wanted.

Pray &amp; confess that your body &amp; baby will cooperate with perfect, supernatural delivery, that there will be no problem of any kind. Speak specifically to all the parts of your body to come in line with God's Word and will.
happy.gif
</font>



<font color="0000ff">Sandwich,

Think all our children like creams &amp; oil.. my DD &amp; DS will also try to reach for e cream if no one is looking. There's once both of them finish 1 whole tub of calming moisturizing cream hor. Helper had forgotten to keep it back to the cupboard. Both woke up from nap to see it within their reach so happily started smearing each other &amp; themselves w it. I nearly fainted when I see tt.</font></font>
 
NURSING BRA
its called a nursing bra cos it has attachments convenient for nursing! with a normal bra it can be quite fumblesome when u nurse outside in public. Thank God nowadays they got very pretty nursing bra, during my first preg time they used to be like my grandma's oversized bras!! but i agree they r exp. if nurse at home can skip wearg nursing bra or even wearg bra altogther but make sure ur milk dun keep leaking! so i think 3 or 4 nursing bras r enuf.

Jess
wah u did such detailed study! i usually used sebamed or avent. i might try CB pdts this time cos so tempted by u gals! but must make sure cant let my boys see. they also use soap n shampoo like as if i own the factory.

JUL
so much clothes u still complain not enuf?? haha.. i think typical woman syndrome. i can open up my whole wardrobe of clothes n i still can complain to hub no clothes to wear! but for u its ok lah cos still got chance for other pregnancies mah. for me not worth it cos i may close factory after this though im still buying a lot!

i see the way u gals start to buy things i feel so bad i hvent bought anything except a pair of booties from patch! there r dozens of stuffs i need to get actually namely home clothes, beddings and bottles.
 
shelled

Wah u got a lot of home improvement to do leh.

I a bit headache abt Babylet's room too. I converted half the MBR into a walk-in wardrobe. Now the half room left is rather small. Wanna put Babylet there coz he doesn't need as much space as his parents!

But to have him there means it's not convenient for me to clean up b4/after BF-ing, plus my clothes &amp; HB's clothes are all there.. and my makeup table is actually my MBR toilet, so will wake him up if HB starts oreparing for work in the am.

But to put the parents in the small room is soo pathetic! Aiyah dilemma leh.

Dun worry! U will have a natural birth!

Katherine

Haha how can conceive a child in lying circumstances? Nvm I will work on HB. I think one more wun do any harm, but he def will not want 3 lor.

Jess

Oh.. I am very blur abt such technical things leh. But I guess as parents we all wanna get the best for our BBs lor. Nvm when I settle my BB room, I will think abt toiletries! Now a bit too busy with other stuff.
 
JUL
ur gynae will see u twice a mth after 28 wks? thats early. for mine, he will see me fornnightly after 32 weeks then weekly after 36 weeks
 
milkyway

I have already upgraded my normal bras to bigger size. But haven't started buying nusrsing bras yet. Maybe I'll get a few cheapo grandma ones for home wear &amp; maybe 3 for outside wear lor.

mamato6

Need to wear the breast pads inside the nursing bra anyway right? Actually I wonder if I can actually figure out to nurse Babylet outside. Seems so difficult, coz need to fumble with BB, top &amp; bras all at the same time while preserving my modesty *hiaz*
 
JUL
i usually only wear breast pads for first 2 mths after that once my suppply stabilised the breasts wont leak leh. only once in a blue moon they go haywire n leak. my only prob is at home if no wear bra when baby suck on one side the other side will start leaking! aiyah i think of breastfeeding i already headache. the leaky breasts, the milk smell on my tops etc... but its a nice nice experience all over again after so many years!

if u scared u will expose urself u can try nursing cover lor. they also got v nice n pretty ones like the slings ;p got excuse to shop again! haha
 
hi milkyway,
u can try going to Marks &amp; Spencer. All the bra size are European size. All quite big. I bought 2 without any padding.2 at $49.00. is so comfortable. of cos the size is 36D.Even though i dun look so big, but this size for me is very comfortable.

I bought 2 nursing bra at kiddy palace around my 1st trimester. so expensive. Each cost me $69.90.
And now even with extension, is already too small.

thus i suggest better dun buy too much cos our size keep increasing. maybe after birth, it will get bigger due to breast feeding.
 
jenifur > Thank you for the reminder. It all sounds very in line with Jackie Mize's book. :p I feel I will need to re-read the book again to refresh my memory and regain some confidence in this matter.

It's funny actually, cos my gynae is Christian but somehow when I tell her that God will be able to give me the natural delivery I want, she was somewhat hesitant to agree. Even reminding me of the unsuccessful first delivery I had.
sad.gif
Very disheartening indeed.


Jul > I know what you mean! We live in 3-room flat (upgraded with a utility room) and we had converted 1 whole bedroom into walk-in wardrobe that leads to the shower.

I feel so bad for arranging the 2 boys to share the utility room, but the wind don't come into the wardrobe leh, so it's very stuffy all the time and very bad for sleeping. That's why we turned it into a wardrobe cos not fit for sleeping in lah.

I'll be putting #2 in a small rocking crib (bought from Mothercare and handed down from #1) in our room so it's easier for me to BF at night. Then should be moving him out to sleep with korkor ard 4 mths old. My hubs don't like the kids to sleep with us, he say cultivate bad habit, esp when we have aircon and he wanna *ahem*.
lol.gif


Now I only hope we can upgrade to a bigger flat once the 5-yr bond with HDB is over. Then the boys can have their own respective rooms. *sigh*
 
hello mummies
happy.gif


Hope you're having a good Monday.
I woke up and threw up bile again this morning, after some time of no more MS. Sighs. Dunno why. Maybe too tired.

Am also having a headache with bras. I bought 2 nursing ones as well as bra extensions. But now boobs seemed to have gotten bigger again. I have to use 2 bra extensions per bra!

Dunno whether should tahan or buy new ones coz everyone tells me size may change again.
 
Re: Nursing bra

Actually I have no idea how to BF without nursing bra. I find it so troublesome to pull the bra up or down, and possibly spoil my bra lor! Also, more comfy to put breast pads inside an actual nursing bra instead of a regular bra.

Re: BF in public

As for BF in public, I don't really care about my modesty, so I don't care lah.
biggrin.gif
With #1 I would BF at any place that I can sit down comfortably, cos nursing room usually cannot accommodate more than 1 mommy. And while I am not shy to share the room, most other mommies don't want to share with me cos they are paiseh! So aiyah, i end up feeding at cafes like Starbucks, and give the room to the mommies.

Sometimes I hear the babies crying cos hungry, but the mom just NEED to wait for the nursing room. I so heartpain for the baby that I just walk out and feed standing up by the corridor.

I find the nursing covers and shawls in the way of BF-ing. Esp when you're not very practised at it, you'll need to see and latch baby on properly. The shawl just makes it more troublesome by blocking your own view as well.

Imagine, have to juggle holding a small baby, undoing your bra and latching baby on, then still need to fumble around with a nursing shawl? I cannot do it lah.
 
Hi

Talking about the Glutinuous Rice Wine, anyone knw whether it is neccessary to take after birth?
Where to get it? My mum just passed away recently, so no one to consult. Need to find out myself. Any advice?
 
I just read this blog post from Karen Cheng and I highly recommend it if you're keen to sleep train your babies when they're born: http://www.karencheng.com.au/2009/05/25/making-baby-3-sleeping-through-the-night/

We used the same method with my #1 when he was 4 months old, but Karen Cheng managed to do it when her #3 is only 2 mths old!

I admit it can be a bit heartbreaking initially to hear your baby crying, but it's a short period of "suffering" for a lifetime of good sleeping habits.
happy.gif
 
Hello everyone, so long never log in already.

My hubby will be flying off on sat, will be back in July. Have being telling my boy to behave when daddy is not around. Tummy is getting bigger and also got water retention. Going to 6mth already and i already feel so heavy. Guess i put on quite alot already.

Didn't really get any new stuff for my baby yet, guess all the baby clothes are still in good condition(from my previous passed down).

I didn't buy any nursing bra last time(hahaha, actually didn't know what is nusring bra last time, that why never buy). I wear those normal bra that i use to wear everyday.
 
Hi all...

I'm back... just glanced through the posts...too many...and feeling too tired and lazy to go thru everyone...

Seems like I'm getting lazier nowadays... dun feel like doing anything except to lie on the bed...
or prob i was too tire out last 2 weeks with 2 funerals.....

Today decided to REST at home.. so i'm gonna really REST!! hahhaa.....


oh ya.. can we take glutinous white wine during BF-ing???

When's next outing??????????
 
Karen > My dad's gf bought me a bottle of rice wine, but I didn't use it cos I was BF-ing. She told me to wipe down my body with it in place of showering, but it was so hot in June that I didn't bother. Wiping my body with wine confirm will make me feel even hotter lor!
 
shelled.. when i read the blog u posted from karen cheng.. i wanna cry with the baby! cried for 2 hrs.. so poor thing.. hahaha.. i guess i cant bring myself to do it la.. tt's y my gal still sleeping w me nw tt she's 2 yrs old.. my husband kept saying wanna let her sleep w e maid.. but i think i'll miss seeing her when i woke up in the middle of e night... haiz.. so no choice la..
 
jul

yep, u're right! it does look like white heads.

btw, is your Braxton Hicks contractions painful at this moment. so far, i've not experience any of that yet.

thank GOD i felt my baby kick this morning..so relieved. perhaps she was really facing inwards thats why when she kicks i couldn't really feel anything.

mamato6Js

wahahaha..your gal so young know how to use SKII already. :p

jenifur

your cervix dilated??? how do you know that it has dilated? can u actually feel it?

oh, yippy! our babymall batch1 is here. can't wait!
happy.gif


hui chern

wow! your boobs bigger then your tummy? my boobs still rather small...think only slightly bigger before pregnancy... hehe.

ok, will update on the diaper bag from Walmart when i get it. i think another mommy here also bought the same bag as me, but i forgot who.
 
corsage> i also use 2 bra extensions, it's not funny wht goes on "behind my back". i try to delay the bra buying. Been spending far too much already.
 
Katherine >

I know what you mean. The process sounds very "chek ark", but I see my boy sleep so well and so independently, I also feel happy.

Sometimes I wish my #1 will sleep with me, so I can cuddle him and smell his baby smell. But now he's so used to sleeping on his own, even during holidays he insist on having a baby cot so he can sleep by himself.
sad.gif


i was trying to convince my hubs to let #2 sleep with us cos I dunwan him to disturb korkor's sleep, but my hubs quite insistent about letting the boys sleep on their own. He say create bad habits and dependency. Not to mention intrude in our privacy. *sigh* If I stop at 2 kids, at least I want to be able to be close to #2 for a bit longer before letting him be independent...
 


Hey Mummies..

I just came back from Kidsloft... Hmm.. for me, I came out within 5-10 mins. Nothing much for me to get. The only thing im considering to get is the changing mat. Selling at $49.90. I forgot to bring the voucher out though i knew i was heading there.. Asked the lady if i could just show her my appt card. She say she NEEDS the voucher. Sianz. Dun understand why.. its just a piece of paper ma.. haha..

Dun tink im goin back there le.
 

Back
Top