(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Mamato6Js, Jennifur

How useful is it to use a hotsling? I've been wondering if I need one vs those baby carriers like Baby Bjorn carriers.

Can we actually carry a newborn in hotsling or need to wait til at least 3 mths old when they learn to support their neck?
 


*mama to 6Js*, *jenifur*

wah really haf to agree with u abt the 'but as u have more kids, u tend to let go a lil by lil till u cant be bothered anymore! haha...'

of course we still luv them the same, juz that we became less particular over tiny tiny lil things hor right?....

my poor '1st borned' has to eat home cooked food till she was 5YO!! why 5yo? coz that was when i delivered my 2nd child. I was busy with the newborned so has no time to cook...bt the subsequent child also only get to eat outside food after 2yo. when me and hub decided to eat out, i will cook for the younger children and bring it out so that i can feed them outside....

oh...by the way, found u two having one similar 'obsession'!! GIRLY stuffs!! HEEZZ
happy.gif
 
girly
*wave* oh yes im obssessed with those girly clothings! so tempted to just buy and keep! my frd doing ivf in overseas and wants to do gender selection to get a girl cos she has 2 boys already, dun wanna risk hvg another boy. but like not v natural leh to me.

u r right. we love them all the same but we not so uptight as when we hvg our first born. when i had my first preg, i drank 3 glasses of milk religiously, eat healthily, never had carbonated drinks for 9 mths. but now, after i ate something sinful, i just tell myself nvm lah everything in moderation! haha....

my twins only ate table food when they were 3 plus, #3 abt 2.5 yr old, and my gal tasted her first macdonald happy meal when she was 2!! of course that is v rare ocassion. i hardly want to bring them to hawker centre to eat cos im doubtful of their hygiene standard (proven by food poisoning case at geylang). and also v troublesome dining at hawker centre with so many kids! food court still ok.

wah ur 5 yr old then eat outside food case v classic leh! haha....

whitey
*wave* long time no see here! im sure u look like a baloon by now! i was like that too! haha... i think i wud have put on at least 15kg at this stage!

i like pouch slings becos they r v light to bring ard unlike the baby bjorn. i still dunno how to use the baby bjorn on my own, i usually need someone to hold baby for me! the pouch sling can also be used for different positions. i used it since my kids were newborn, in fact they feel so snug in the sling. for ur case, if u sling one, ur hubby gotta sling the other one? i never used sling on my twins cos it was not very in then. i used my twin stroller everywhere i go. cos with twins there were just too many barangs to bring, not forgettg i didnt have maid then. cant be slinging 2 babies!
 
Mamato6Js

Haha yes now I look like a big balloon, put on 17kg already. All the other mtbs reading this must be wide-eyed with shock *haha*

Yest I went for gynae appt, he was shocked when he saw the boy is now 990g, almost 1 kg already! He said on a scale of 1 being smallest and 100 being biggest at 6th month stage, my boy ranks at no.90 - towards biggest, even bigger than singleton babies.

And my girl now weighs 720g, ranked at about no.40 hence leaning to lower half of the scale.

So you can imagine how much of weight I am carrying around now.


All mother-to-be-s
Can the mtbs who know their babies' weight at this 6th mth stage share what's their babies' weight? I would like to get an idea =) Thanks in advance!
 
WHITEy
wow! ur boy is really huge! yes even bigger than our singletons! mine at week 23 only 600 plus g and gynae said he is bigger than average so i cant imagine urs! but take heart, at least u know where all the weight gain goes to! its good to have twins with good birth weights, many twins are born premature and underweight and require lots of care. so if ur twins r big then good for u!!
 
Shopping for girls' stuff is really irresistable! I keep going online determined to find stuff for my boy but end up getting more girl stuff for my 2 gals! *faint*
 
My hubby have been collecting a parcel from the post box nearly daily, today he can't help but asked how much online shopping have I done?! Hhaha Luckily I showed him the price for all the items and he's now convinced that shopping online is saving him more money then shopping at the malls. Phew!
 
jenifur...

hmm.. just got home. didnt manage to go causeway pt coz they blocked the carpark entrance due to a fire that broke out at a dental clinic at the 5th flr. Went to sun plaza instead. sigh.. but nvm la.. still got time.
 
wonder how my gal is doing.. next appt is on 8th May.. so long.. She been really quiet today. not much movements or kicks. I guess cos she same as her daddy.. very tired. Daddy working morning n night shift tonight. So told him not to call me.. take the time to rest. Daddy tired, princess also tired.. hahah
 
hi whitey
me at 23wk now, yesterday chkup shows my bb abt 700g
=)

went to taka bb dept earlier.. was browsing but still havent "whip out" to buy anything!
sssooooooo to tempted to join the sprees~~~
 
kiddo:
yah yah i agree. Makes me pek chek at times esp i hope to get "the-best-deal-for-the-best-item-that-last-till-i-close-factory".. haha, stressing myself unnecessarily.
Lucky it's my own mum who's helping to look after next time, i will u/s her constraints better. (hopefully)

Kam:
ok, I guess it should be useful to get a reasonable sterilizer.
happy.gif
and your son is very cute.

Jul:
Oh swaddle blanket is supposed to be more convenient and easy for swaddling i guess. :p just "you-tubed" it and i tot any cloth can jus wrap left, center, right and there you've got a cocoon.
If bb is like me, he'll be a swaddle-hater. If he's like his dad, he'll lovedddd to be swaddle. I always think the daddy looks like a sushi when he sleeps...
 
momoteh

Hehe I like to cover myself. HB likes to "expose". So depending on him lah..

I have been buying stuff like crazy lately. Maternity clothes, BB clothes, beddings, toiletries, u name it.. And still I seem to not have a lot of the items that the experienced mummies here mention. Stress man haha.
 
hahahahaha.. Jul, so far, i've only bought 3 pcs of rompers and they are for 0-6mths loh. BB has nothing for newborn, dun even mention the small small necessities.
I have a cot at my mum's place but i dunno measurement yet since it's dismantled.
I have 3 different strollers so hopefully 1 of them is suitable.
I also haven't consolidate the list of things to get that someone had posted before. equally stressed... :S
 
jul_04: i'm e same as u! i bot mat stuff, bb clothes but nothing sophisicated like bottles, pumps, slings yet!! gosh.. it seems endless...
 
Gd morning Gals!

hehe think my didi brings me luck.. i managed to win a lucky draw prize at my company annual function yest! hahaha so happy altot it's just an electrical pot...

I hvnt been buying stuff for my boy.. guess cos this is the 2nd one n its a boy.. like nothing much to buy yet.. feel that he so poor thing haha

Jen, i've pm u the ribbons i shld be ordering... u take a look ya.. so excited! haha cant wait for the ribbins to come.. but i guess its at least 1.5 mths of waiting time..

going for dim sum later yummy.. ate a rice dumpling at 8am.. nw like hungry again! think at this rate i'm eating.. my weight will be very scary soon hehe but i'm still going to eat till gynae say cannot eat :p

enjoy ur wkends gals!
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Kat,

Replied yr PM... I'm gng to AMK to check out e glue gun &amp; ribbons. If it's really price @ S$6++ den u wan me to help u buy??</font></font>
 
Hi morning everyone!
Was feeling slightly feverish last night so I slept by 9+pm, so early. This morning took a cool bath, drank lotsa plain water and took all my daily pills.

Ling
haha ya man, can faint right. I'm 1.65m tall hence don't really look like I've put on 17kg already, although ppl can see I have a huge belly and look like I'm ready to pop.
I'm just praying hard my face won't swell. So far feet swollen and each morning the joints at fingers feel quite painful, due to swelling as well. But I just try &amp; beat it and do things like normal as far as I can.



Thanks all, who replied on their babies' weights so far. Looks like average is between 700+ to 800+ grams for babies between Weeks 20-25.
 
Good Noon Mommies...

I had a miserable nights sleep. My lower left side of my back was aching like crazy ( The sore, " Suan " kind of feeling )... Even before heading home from work, I didn't even have the energy to buy dinner. I just went straight home changed into my home wear and slipped into bed. I didn't even have the strength to shower! DH was asking time and again if I needed to go to the hospital. But I guess it's due to BB lying on my left side and squishing some nerve...

Any mommies experienced this too? And what did you do to feel better?

Am feeling slightly better now, I hope it won't ache that bad later tonight. I need my sleep!
 
hi pamelia..
i was experiencing aches and cramps this week.. today was better.. on thurs 21/5 during my chk up.. i asked my doc ( Dr. Adrian Woodworth) he said can use tiger balm rub/ plaster to ease the pain, or take the white panadol.
Since he gave the go-ahead, i went to buy immediately.. it helps a bit for me la..
today was feeling better! aiming to go out for window shopping/ shopping :p
 
sorry mummies..

Please bear with me.. I just wana cry out loud!!! Cant stand living here anymore!!! So sick of everything!!! I wana go home!!! I miss my hubby!!! I miss the peace!!!

Why must they keep coming in to break my slp? I only slpt less then 4 hrs last night. Went out breakfast with them and came back at 11 plus. Fell aslp at ard 1 but got woken up soon aft. I tried to ignore the 1st few calls but they still came in to make so much noise. I was so pissed! went out and my granny went scolding. say she call me a few times i dun wana ans her. Why must they always like to break my slp? im tired.. is it wrong to take naps? She's always nagging. i've tried to go out in the afternoons on weekdays whether im tired or not. But weekends still dun let me rest.. Is it wrong for preggies to take more rest n naps? I find it hard to slp at night. So is it wrong that i slp wake up later? is it wrong that i slp/rest more during the day?

Im so mad! I feel like im going crazy. I slammed the door.. she came in again to ask me to eat. I shouted I DUN WANT. she came in again and asked if i was angry with her. I yelled back again to leave me alone. I slammed the door again locking it this time. I'm so PISSED!!!!!!
 
mamato6Js and jenifur,
my boy loves the CB cream too, but we use calming instead of cadendula. he will insist to be moisturized before bedtimes, and when no one is watching, he likes to open the bottle and smear all over himself. there was once when he applied the cream on his hair. disastrous cos he always grabs a big amt of cream, and it's not exactly the cheapest moisturizer around!

stephanie,
hello and welome!

sterilizer,
i didn't use one cos i breastfed fully at home. used hot water to sterilize my breast pump accessories when i was in the office. as for milk bottles, we washed with normal tap water and bb detergent only. but i do know of mummies who are still diligently sterilizing their bottles even for tots who are > 2 years old.

lxlb,
my IE keeps crashing when i tried to access your website from my mum's place now. hmm, shall try again when i'm using another computer.

kam and lxlb and corsage,
can i link the three of you to my blog? http://www.kaizerwong.blogspot.com ... can start building up the links for #2's pals!

mamato6Js,
those "active kidz" program participants who have busy parents are quite poor thing then. they'll have to eat veg sandwich three times a week. i can't imagine any 7-8 year old being excited abt veg sandwich, haha!

mamato6Js and girly,
i'm very liberal with what my 2 year old boy eats, no "first born syndrome" for me ... he eats out every weekday, and we only get him homecooked food at his grandma's place on weekends - had this arrangement since he was 1.5 years old. only troublesome thing is that he has food allergies - diary, egg, nuts - so our choice of food outside is quite limited.

whitey,
i think your big belly and water retention at the feet will be double the discomfort, cos you're expecting twins ... heehee, but they're gaining very very good weight for twins! have you thought of names for your boy and girl?

jenifur,
i'm thinking of getting a sling from slinglings. have a girlfriend who's using it, and i want to go to her place to try the size first before i order one online. any idea if the hotslings material is good? for #1, i used the MIM carrier till he was one, and switched to the ergo carrier after 1. i think i want to try a bb pouch this time round, cos less "loose" cloth as compared to the MIM carrier
 
ling: calm down..! i dont tink it's wrong to rest la.. mayb ur family members r juz concerned tat u'll nt b eating when u're asleep? calm down.. most impt is to stay cheerful..

mayb u can let them noe b4hand tat u're tired n wish to sleep from X time to Y time n ask them nt to disrupt u?

pamelia: i oso experience pain in e lower back.. hmm.. mayb u can try putting a small cushion behind ur back at ur seat in e office?

i sometimes wake up in e middle of e nite with my lower leg cramped.. so painful!!

juz nw tummy oso shifted to right side n suddenly tummy is so low n hard! looks contorted..

hmm.. usually if i suspect bb's in a weird position, i'll stand up n "shake" around to see if tummy will go back to normal..
 
Phengpheng,

Thank you for the tip, I'll purchase the heated plaster after work!
kao_kiss.gif


Ling,

I believe that why they keep disrupting your sleep and rest is all because in the olden days when they were expecting, they still had to get by their daily chores as how they usually would get by their everyday lives.

My MIL told me that when she was expecting my hubby at 6-7mths, she was still squatting to mop the floor with a towel. So, It's a generation thing... Maybe let them know that your body is different from theirs...

Rest well and don't get angry...

My friend was a very angry mommy when she was expecting her daughter, n the end.. He daughter was born.. With a angry face!!! So smile more...
happy.gif
 
Hi cho,

I do place a cushion behind me, But not on office chair... Because I'm running a salon...
lol.gif


I seldom have leg cramp problems... Only happened once or twice during my whole pregnancy.

You fierce... Dare to shake your tummy... I don't dare!!! I heard you can shift the baby position, But I don't know how so I just leave her there to shift on her own...
crazy.gif
 
pamelia: gosh, ur fren so serious? angry during preg then bb => angry face?! gosh.. i do sumtimes have mood swings.. easily unhappy over littlest things..
unhappy => bottle up inside => feel guilty coz unhappy will lead to unhappy bb => feel even worse
eventually will cry!

as for shaking of tummy.. hmm, for me i tink ok la.. anyway inside tummy all water ma.. of coz i wun shake violently la.. haha..

Katherine: i oso feel hungry easily..! ate only 4 chwee kweh (saw 1 MTB posting here yst tat she had chwee kwee so i could only tink abt chwee kweh e whole morning..) for breakfast at 12pm.. from then till nw snacking here n there.. gosh.. so hungry!! i realised i'm q on track w my weight gain.. despite nt eating alot! weird...
 
Hi jenifur,

The amt I transferred to you was updated wrongly at the spree forum for desitin cream. I transferred $15.20 to you instead of $7.60 which was shown at the forum. Don't mind check again? Thanks!
 
cho...

but its always the case. As long as im at home for long, i sure got no peace de. I have run out of places to go. Sometimes just wana stay home to rest. I tell u.. if i was carrying a boy, the story would be different lo... My granny is super zhong4 nan2 qing1 nu3. She was different before she knew the gender.
 
pamelia...

yah.. keep ditrupting my sleep but there's nothing for me to do? i dun have to cook n clean cos my uncles' maid will do it. So wat chores are there for me to do? She also knew i had bleeding initially and i quit my job in turn to rest. When i got better, i will try go out for walks, look at bb stuffs to make myself happier. But ever since i fell ill and was "forced" to stay here, i really duno how i actually got by each day. its been almost a mth now. Goin bonkers by all the irritating disturbance. I wake up late, the room doors will start banging etc.. i just want hubby to come back soon and take me home. i need my peace. And like i mentioned to cho, if i was carrying a boy, things would definately be different.

im now just feeling very sorry for my gal. Cos i was pissed, i skipped lunch. She was kicking me the whole time; i tink asking for food. I feel so bad now. Better go get something to eat. The last meal i had was at 10am. Sorry bb..

And ya.. i will try to stay happy as far as i can. I dun want bb to have an angry face too. Thanks!
 
Cho,

The MTB that mentioned Chwee Kuey was Me!

I'd have 8 Chwee Kueys drowned in Cai Pok every week!
lol.gif


Ling,

I understand how it feels when we can't have our peace, Sometimes that causes us to get pretty emo. Despite the sacrifices we make they don't understand.

There was once I had a slight misunderstanding with my MIL and she thought I wasn't happy with her... I was SOOOO sad I cried buckets when I went to my room. My hubby asked me not to cry if not BB will have a sad face... So, think happy! Think of your hubby coming home soon and showering you and BB with L.O.V.E that you have not been getting!

And I'm not kidding when I said my friend had a BB with an angry face... She calls her daughter a Mafia.
kao_biggrin.gif


Dinner time for me now~ Enjoy your night mommies!
kao_byebye.gif
 
Ling,
Perhaps she doesn't know that u wanna nap and not be disturb? Try trying her b4 u go for nap that you are feeling tired and need to take a nap. That you are not hungry and wish not to be disturb for the next 2 hrs. Then u close and lock door. Hopefully your granny (and the others at home) will understand and not make so much noise.
 
hi mummies..Low Amniotic Fluid is it very hard to see gender de ??cos i now ald 6 month le ..doctor stil not cfm is a boy or a gal..he say my Amniotic Fluid is low so v hard to see..
 
sandwich &amp; kam:
I've also linked both of your blogs.

ling:
Hope things are better for you now. It can be really difficult esp when you are already tired, and the weather so hot. HUGS


Just had dinner with some friends. Baby decided to move and bob
happy.gif
We were all watching my tummy having little bumps appear as she moved! Was really nice feeling!
 
pamelia: oh! so it was u!! haha.. i miss chee kweh mann..
juz had prata supper.. shiok..
was trying to marinate chicken to roast tmr.. gosh, me smart alec went to cold storage to buy fresh chicken.. end up i din noe head n feet nt cut!! gross!! had hubby to chop away e head n feet.. got blood summore!! eee..

still had to stuff a lemon into e chicken ass.. gross.. i'm nv gg get a fresh chicken liao.. next time juz buy frozen..

eileen: hmmm.. till nw cant see gender ah? i watched discovery.. i tink for ultrascan, e rays need water as a medium to transmit e waves.. so mayb if low fluid, not enough water to transmit e waves to get a better pic? but other then e gender, can see other features of bb?

ling: ignore ur MIL la.. most impt muz eat ba.. dun starve urself!

corsage: wa.. ur bb so coperative.. when mine moves, i ask my hubby to feel then bb stops moving.. urgh!!
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Ling,

2489689.gif


Cheer up... yr DH is coming back tmr rite
happy.gif


I know how u feel. I have not been sleeping well too, slept @ 4am &amp; now I'm awake, cannot even take long nap
sad.gif
@ days, I'm e most super grouchy person in e hse.

Hmm, instead of gng out to walk ard, why dun u drive back to bedok to rest in e afternoon??

Old folks always tink tt most impt is EAT!!, they also concern bout u but jus wrong way</font>



<font color="aa00aa">HappyMrsKoh,

Sorry... Didn't check properly. I've amended
happy.gif
</font>




<center>
2489690.gif
</center>

<font color="0000ff">Spree(s) Update
happy.gif

<ul>[*]Babymall Batch #1 - Paid shipping charges on 22-May, item on the way to SIN. <LI>Babymall Batch #2 - Paid shipping charges jus now. <LI>Walmart Spree - Ordered, under process, check updates here <LI>Desitin Cream Spree - Batch #1 ordered. Still collecting Order here <LI>Hotslings Spree - Collecting order here <LI>California Baby Product Spree - Collecting Order here[/list]</font></font>


<center>
2489691.jpg
</center>
 
Good Morning!

I have been experiencing internet connection problems. Just manage to resolve it, miss u gals and want to know what ur developments.

Hi Jenifur,
Thank you so much for the good recommendation for the CB products. I am ready to order both Walmart and CB sprees.

Plus U r truly a expert PA. People has been asking me why they can;t open the BFREE voucher. I been trying to resolve. Thx for helping out!

Hi Ling,
Don;t be upset! Ur hubby is coming home.
Get ur hubby to talk to ur MIL and the rest to give u some peace. Things will get better. Take care!

I have just went to Kidzloft and brought 26 items cost me half of the price for everything. I spent only $433. That includes big ticket items like baby latex mattress, a messenger bag (for my hubby - so he will carry when we go out), towels, 3x bedding set, organiser, baby accessories, mittens.....

I highly recommended u to go ( it is a must see and must buy place). I spent 3 hours there and can't bear to leave the store.... HAHAHAHA....
 
Sorry to interupt.

Brand New Yaolan for sale - comes with spring, hanger and net. Only set up to let baby try but baby just don't like to be in it. Bought the whole set for $120. Selling as a full set at $80 now.
PM or email me at [email protected] for pictures.
 
hi mommies (esp those already with first born)
Do you apply moisturiser or baby oil to ur baby after their bath? is there a need?
Many thanks!!
 
Hi Mummies...

Just came back from the Philips Warehouse Sale. <font color="ff0000">Last Day today till 6pm</font>. I only bought the Avent Express Electric Steriliser at $128. It includes 1pc 125ml, 1pc 260ml milk bottles with extra 2 teats and 2 pcs of 0-3mths pacifer. Usual Price at $180++ i tink. Abt 30% off.
2490019.jpg


Wanted to get the Avent Milk bottle Warmer but my mum say no need. Its selling at $53. Usual price i forgot le.
2490020.jpg


Avent Electric Breast Pump Usual Price selling at $299 is now going at $229.
2490021.jpg



If ur looking for the new BPA free Avent milk bottles, they dun have. Only have the nomal Airflex one.
 
Jenifur/ Itsy/ cho/ Pamelia/ Karen/ corsage...

Thanks! Its my granny that im talking abt. Haven talked to her since yest. Now staying at my mum's due to high fever a couple of weeks back. Hubby wanted me to stay here so got ppl to look aft me. He will come pick me when he's back.

Yah.. we can be very grouchy at this pt of time and i realised i get irritated easily. Every night wil be like 3-4 hrs of slp.. sianz.. Am tryin hard to cool it each time but I guessed i failed this round. I was just too angry.

Well, the car is not with me. Its at home in Bedok.

Hubby say he should be coming home between Mon to thurs.. But like i said, if he's not on the plane yet, i wont take in his words. His co super last min de. Just cant wait tho'
 
Karen...

u really bought a lot of stuffs ya? Heez.. U know when the voucher expires? Am tinking of waiting for hubby to be back to go together.
 
Hi Ling

How are you feeling today? Hope you can talk to your granny soon &amp; make her understand your lack of sleep hence you need to catch up on your rest by napping when you can in the daytime. I understand how you feel, now for us to sleep, it's hard to get a proper restful sleep at night. If you get a chance to nap that would be a blessing.

Ya, you can also try telling yourself hang in there for lil while more, since your hubby will hopefully be on a plane home to SG very very soooon. At your Mum's at least got ppl to watch over you and your meals are taken care of.

So try to control ya, keep the anger at bay and cool down. Be sure to eat proper meals too, so sad right if your lil baby moving about inside asking you for food. Hence eat well, nurture your baby and your body and hopefully in turn your body will allow you longer sleep at nights. Take good care!!
 
Hi Ling

This generous 50% discount is extended to pregnant mums who can show proof of pregnancy and baby's expected date of birth. ******Voucher is for 1-time use only. (must bring discount voucher n appt card)

Note they r not open on Sunday. Only Mon-Sat (11-5pm)
Check out www.kidzloft.com or call 63336002 for details.
Voucher Expiry Date is 31 July 2009.

Anyone looking for cot bedding, buy from there.. abt $50 for whole set.
 
Thanks Whitey!!!

yah.. tryin to hang in there for a few more days(hopefully).. really miss hubby alot!

Aft the incident yest, i feel so bad.. Bb must be wondering what kind of mommy i am. BB so hungry also dun wana find food. Last night, i ate a lot to settle the hunger.. haha... Will tink twice when i get angry la.. I dun want bb to be upset too! I want a happy princess!

So have u tot of names for ur long2 n feng4?
happy.gif
 


One more thing to add, if ur child turn one, there is also a 50% discount for all items too.

So don;t end up buying the whole store hor.... heeee...like I nearly did. (Luckily mu hubby stop me)
 

Back
Top