(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Berrypie,

Sure, just email yr order to [email protected]
happy.gif
</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Itsy/Rach,

Yr breast wun sag lah but might "shrink" after breastfeeding. @ least it was like tt for my case lah. I was 38C before pregnant w #1 but was only 36A after I stopped breastfeeding my #2.
sad.gif
</font>


<font color="0000ff">Cho,

If it makes u feel better, I only switch to maternity clothes when I was like 6mth plus preggie during my 1st pregnancy hor. Dun worry bout e tummy size, now I'm wishing my tummy is smaller. Cannot even cut my own toe nails
sad.gif


U in taiwan now??? Other den their milk tea, U mus also try 蛋蜜汁, very nice. I love taiwan food. Now really miss e food &amp; life tere, kept telling DH mayb shld drop by tere for a wkend to eat &amp; shop!!!!

I'm surprised no one gave up their seats for u. When I was tere yrs back, tere were very gracious... They even had seats in e train allocated for e needy. Even if no one is seating, others also dun dare to sit cuz ppl will tell them off. The ppl tere r super helpful &amp; friendly too</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Ling,

Wat size u looking @? I will email them to check for u tonight &amp; let u know tmr.

It's better for u to book e massage lady earlier esp for those popular ones... I've given flower4 some contacts earlier... Let me go try find it for u later ya</font>


<font color="0000ff">mamato6Js,

I was late too, reached tere ard 7:40pm. My DH sat on e ground in between e left &amp; centre row whereas I was seated @ e left side of e centre row. A kind lady was v nice to give up her seat for me.

Told DH better b earlier for e next mid-week service.</font></font>
 


<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Itsy,

I've updated yr Walmart order...
happy.gif


It's not shrink back hor.. it's smaller den b4 pregnancy
sad.gif
</font></font>
 
Hi Jennifur,

I would like to get 2 tubes of desitin cream. as im new to the forum, pls advice, total amt, payment and collection method again? thanks thanks...=)
 
jenifur: ya, i love e food here too.. but have been here for 1 week starting to get sick of e food.. haha.. went bb clothes shopping it's q exp! a simple romper oso ard NT1000+ (SGD 40+) while e rompers i bot at chateau de saile (@ suntec) cost only ard sgd20!

keke.. i was oso looking for maternity pants lately.. cant stand it liao.. all my pants partically bursting! 9mois (tis shop @ paragon lvl 6) having closing sale.. so MTB can try shopping there.. back to sg tmr.. end of hols.. sigh..

speaking of trains, well, pp here try nt to occupy e piority seats if possible.. juz tat when e train is crowded, they seldom give up their seats..

itsy: big boobies good ma! i had fun shopping for bras.. haha.. i hope they dun shrink back.. else gotta buy new bras again!
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">New_Mtb,

Think I didn't update the online spreadsheet properly. In my own working copy is shown as US$4.50
happy.gif
No worries bout the mistake in shipping charges
happy.gif
</font>


<font color="aa00aa">ah goh (plat),

2 tubes will be S$15.20(not inclusive of int'l shipping)

Collection method:-
<ul>[*]Sembawang MRT Station <LI>Yishun MRT station <LI>Jurong East MRT station (Alt Tues, after 7pm) <LI>City Hal MRT station (Only on Sun) <LI>Suntec City (Only on Sun) <LI>My Home - map enclosed <LI>Postage - Postage to be borne by spreeist. Do note I will charge S$0.30 for wrapping material used and will not be responsible for loss via normal postage[/list]

But m thinking to have a meet up perhaps in town after all e loot arrived so I can just bring everything there to distribute and we can put a face to all the nick. </font>


<font color="0000ff">Cho,

U mus hv shopped @ all e major dept store rite?? Mus go to those small shops den will be cheaper but still cannot beat BKK *hee*</font></font>
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Karen,

I've got e vouchers.. Thank you.

For CB pdts, I wld suggest e following for newborn as it's for more general skin condition.

<ul>[*]Bathing - Either Calming Shampoo and Bodywash or Bubble Bath (No rinse) <LI>Skin Care - Calming Botanical Moisturizing Cream[/list]

If you plan on bringing yr BB out &amp; cannot avoid sun den mus to slap on sun care. BB's skin is very thin and sensitive. I started bringing my kids swimming as young as 2 mths old so I'm using the Natural Citronella SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion on them.

The most popular pdts from CB is actually the Calendula Cream. This cream works best against cradle cap, eczema &amp; sensitive skins.

1 thing I like bout CB pdt is natural &amp; chemical free, even adult also can use. I've tried to switch my DD to another BB brand (Jo*****) for convenient sake. It was a mistake, my DD's hair started dropping &amp; hv split ends, skin was kinda dry so in e end I guai guai switch back to CB.

Hv also tried Gaia... quite gd too but somehow limited pdt so I'm sticking to CB now.

Let me know if u've further questions. I'm no expert but will try to share my experince ya</font></font>
 
Morning gals! TGIF!

ling

My gynae also said it's ok to do mani &amp; pedi, &amp; the hand paraffin shd be ok lah. Moist only, not as if got a lot of funny things like AHA, salicyclic acid etc.

Oh.. I bot 2 packs of hankies, MIL gave me another pack, &amp; I got some lan4 lan4 ones given by my fren, I was still thinking not enough, wanted to go back &amp; get more leh! haha

The guy din show u the samples? I was ok with 6 same designs b/c Babylet will prob be changing a lot in the first couple of mths. Someone told me like maybe 6 times a day, coz he will be spitting up, puking milk, prespiring etc. I wantd to get abt 3-4 day ss so that I can wash clothes on alternate days. Lazy lah, wanna accumulate more so that I can use washing machine. So I figued, I need maybe 24 sets of clothes! KS hor???

jenifur

Then I die liao. I was only 34A pre-preg lor
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif


Oh I bot Pigeon shampoo &amp; body wash for Babylet. Then someone told me NB BB no need shampoo, just those drop one drop of wash into the water &amp; use it to wash the hair &amp; body can liao. Aiyah.. dunno what to do with my stuff now.
 
jenifur

Oh I went to Aussino &amp; bot a Pooh Bear bedset yest. Got comforter, fitted sheet, bumper, pillow &amp; bolster. But I wonder if the pillow &amp; bolster are std sizes? Shd be lah hor?

At first HB said dun buy. Then he said I looked so sad.. scared I'll cry if we dun get it, so in the end, we bot hahaha.

Too bad they only had blue &amp; pink jersey fitted sheets left, or I wud have bot a pack too. The jersey fitted sheet seems softer &amp; more comfy than cotton ones. U tried jersey material b4?
 
Jul,
same ...the bb clothes will be home wear and it's cheap...

so far ...i got 24 set of the home wear, 2 different design 1 dozen each...
and handkies...i got 3 pkt there and 4pkt from elsewhere...
bath towel gotten 3pc(mil give)

and some other loose one(not set) that i got from outside and old hand-down from #1...
 
Corsage &amp; Cho,

Thanks. Looks like I will be getting the cot with wheels cos I think I will move my cot in the house too and since I'm currently looking around for a flat (now staying with in-laws), I would probably need to move the cot to my new house in future. I missed the taka fair. Can ask how much was the cot selling during the fair? Need to get an estimate of the price so that I won't buy an overpriced one.


Jenifur,

Thanks. Will transfer the $ to you today.


Re weight gain, I've already put on 10kg at 21 weeks.. *stressed* still got a few more months to go. Wonder how much more I will put on.. I've started to cut down milk intake like some of you here too and try not to snack as often. BUT It's so tempting to snack especially in office when you can just grab a packet of biscuits and start eating at your desk.. And right now, I'm seeing a few packets of chocolates on my desk. I need to control my diet!
 
cloudme

Hmm.. ok then I dun have so much clothes &amp; hankies then haha.

I wonder whether to get bath towels. Coz even tho I do have bath towels at home, but they are rather thick &amp; bulky. Dun seem very suitable for handling BBs.

And I decided to get more coloured hankies to use as wash cloths. Coz all my hankies all white, scully mix up the wipe backside hankies with wipe face ones hahaha.
 
Hi Jen,

I hv transter to your acct liao. If you r gg to arrange to meet in town like orchard, let me know i will pickup from u.

Hi Karen,

Can i have the voucher too?
 
jul..

It wasnt the guy who served me. It was a lady. maybe i am more particular of wat my gal wears. Will see abt it. Wait for hubby to come home first. Then we'll go shopping together. woah! we really need so much clothes meh? hahah..

btw.. what other designs are there at Aussino besides the Poor bear one? and how much did u get urs for?
 
jenifur..

Thanks! will wait for ur updates on the massage lady ba.

The CB prdts are really ex leh. Am interested in the California Baby Calming Shampoo and Bodywash 17.5 oz but its less than 500ml and alr costs $30.50. I tink i'll just settle with the norm ba. heez..
 
Jenifur

can i have one tube of destin cream please?

And also, can you send me the voucher from karen? She sent me but i cant open
sad.gif


Thanks ya!
 
mummies, the kidsloft voucher can applies to baby cot or babyplaypen I need to get this

CB pdts are x
bt I try Burts Bee powder ok non talc one
 
Ling, for my gal i'm using shampoo from amway ( not sure if my spelling is right) my mum claims its very gd.. cos she use tt for my niece b4.. nw she's not looking after my niece and my niece is nt using e shampoo, can see the diff.. not as smooth.. so she will buy for my gal to use.. its not very cheap too.. i remm one bottle is ard $15 i think.. but cheaper than CB ba.. u can see if any of ur friends are selling ya..
 
ling

I think it's $71.90 nett (after 20% disc). Got Mickey, &amp; got one more Disney one.. sorry I forgot liao. Then other than the Disney ones, also got 3 or 4 other types of designs also on sale (30%). Mostly gals' designs, that's why I bot the Pooh Bear one. I like Pooh Bear
happy.gif
 
Katherine,
i think amway is some MLM from malaysia. My MIL bought some stuff from amway cos relative selling such as colgate, detergent, etc.. But i dont think it's cheap leh.

TGIF!!
 
Hi Jenifur, thanks! I confirmed 2 tubes =)
I dont mind town or JE.
HOw do I pay you? If you have bank account other than citibank or uob, I would need ur bank name, branch number, and account number.
 
Philips warehouse sale is here: 23-24 May at TPY.

I'll be dropping by to get some household appliances for my new place. Think there might be Avent products too...

Can I check with mummies regarding sterilisers? anyone bought Avent steriliser?? Does the steriliser fit only Avent bottles only or is it universal such that i can use other brand bottles as well?? Any feedback?

tot if there is Avent as well, i can get the steriliser first.
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Jul_04,

1st 1-2mths can jus used latacyd (Hope I get e spelling rite). Pigeon one tink quite ok bah. I've nv use b4 though so duno.

Glad u found yr comforter. I nv try e jersey one, will prob drop by Aussino to check out their bedsheet tis wkend. I quite like their prodt.</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Ling,

e design u want is available for size 1, 2, 3 &amp; 6.

Ya CB prodt r ex. Tt's why I've to do BP for it if not hor I wld hv to pay $40++ if buy locally. But 1 bottle can last both my kids for 2 mths plus so still ok.

I'm v particular on wat my DD use de lor *hee*</font>


<font color="0000ff">Berrypie,

I got yr transfer
happy.gif
</font>


<font color="aa00aa"><u>Malay Massage Lady Contact</u>

Mdm Sadiah (97724579) - Tried
Mdm Noor(90048804) - Tried
Mdm Khatijah(98001394)

These few ladies r pretty highly recommended &amp; price reasonable. I wld suggest u try their pre-natal massage once to determine if is suitable for u</font>


<font color="0000ff">I've uploaded e B-Free Voucher here</font>


<font color="aa00aa">Kat,

My DH has Amway membership too but I dun like their children prodt. I'm only taking their supplements</font></font>
 
milkyway

I heard from 2nd time mummies that Avent bottles are not so good - they leak. But Avent steriliser, no comments. They can be used for other brand's bottles, but I bot the Pigeon one b/s it's bigger &amp; can sterilise more bottles at the same time.

I funny leh.. bot steriliser, but haven't bot bottles haha.
 
milkyway.. ya.. its some MLM.. i also think its not cheap.. but my mum says its gd.. and it shld be cheaper than CB prdts? My mum even used to buy the body wash! then i told her dun need la so exp.. just use the shampoo can liao.. hehe

Hi Jenifur, i've transfer $7.60 to you for my destin cream under katherinegoh
happy.gif
 
mummies.. my placenta is low, I'm wondering if there is anything we shld avoid? Anyone with similar problems? My water retention seems bad too... leg already swollen.. stretch marks start to appear already.. OMG!!! already have difficulties in walking liao.. anyone of u facing the same as me??
 
yes yes i heard the amway shampoo good. for california baby i only use their calendula cream. my kids call it the magic cream cos can use for almost any purpose! i didnt buy the rest of their stuffs cos i got so many kids u can imagine how fast a bottle of shampoo will use up!
 
ling

If I rem correctly, it's until end of May. But they have 10% off reg price items until Aug.

jenifur

What's latacyd???

Yest HB &amp; I were "feeling" the softness. We both like the jersey ones, coz it's t-shirt material. But they only had pink or blue! Grr.. I shall try to go to the Paragon outlet &amp; get the yellow ones. I'm sooo tired of blue.
 
Ling.. u're welcome
happy.gif


so excited abt the bfree bottles! I really hope that it will reduce the colic/wind for my boy..

err.. isiz ok if i buy afew and keep? will the bottles turn yellow etc? it seems really a gd buy ley!

mamato6s.. wat's e magic cream for? any recommendation for creams for insects/ mosquitoes bite? My poor gal recently always got bitten at my in law's place and end up with those big ugly red bumps.. i see liao so 'xin tong'.. faster go buy mosquitoe patches.. but nt sure what to apply for her to make the bites heal fast n nice n without scar!

lynn... hw do u know ur placenta low?? i also hve difficulties walking liao... nw walk like a duck/ penguin..
 
katherine
i use the calendula cream for insect bites, nappy rash when they were babies, as moisturiser. more like for general purpose. smells good too
 
Jul,
thanks. I've not looked at pigeon steriliser yet. I dont think i'm getting Avent bottles, just looking at the steriliser. but want to be sure the steriliser can also be used for other brand bottles. Can pigeon steriliser be used for other brand bottles too? how much u bought ur pigeon one? So i can gauge the price. Or mayb i will go shopping tonite to check out prices first.

I supposed steriliser should be quite universal for different bottles?
 
lynn

Erm.. how do u know ur placenta is low? Ur gynae told u? If so, then he/she wud have advised u if there's any danger &amp; tell you what to do/avoid?

Yes, I have swollen water -retentive legs &amp; feet, plus stretch marks plus cellulite! Hiaz...
 
milkyway

Yeah Pigeon ones can use for any bottles. If I rem correctly, it's 9 std neck or 7 wide neck bots for the model I bot. I think it was supposed to be $96 (sale price)?

Anyway I intend to breastfeed.. and if I do get the Medela pump, I wud prob get the Medela botles too, so that I can pump straight into the bots for quick feeds/storage. Unless to store v long, then I will prob use milk bags, like those cheap Playtex ones lor.
 
Jul:

Can check with you what Pigeon sterilizer you got? Saw a few but dunno which is better.
I think there's a multi functional one? a compact one or something? *scratches*

And hor, what's the diff between a swaddle blanket and a receiving blanket???
 
momoteh

Er.. I cannot rem the model. But definitely not the multi-function one. It's the fast, rapid dunno what? U got website? I can try to see for u.

Swaddle got those velcro &amp; watever to wrap the BB tightly. Receiving blanket just a blanket, sometimes got a hood, but dun have those velcro fasteners.
 
hi jenifur, thanks for Malay Massage Lady Contact.

before i call them, jus wanna ask how much they charge? based on hourly? location else, they okie?
 
RE: pigoen sterilizer...

i got the rapid steam one(for 6-8 bottles)...

and the electric steam sterilizer(this is for 2 bottles)...

u can view at the pigeon webby...
 
milkway,

I use pigeon rapid steriliser, but Avent bottles. So yes, if you get the standard size steriliser, in principal, can fit in bottles of any brand.
 
Jul:

http://www.pigeonbaby.info/subcategory.php?subcat_id=21

Jul/Cloudme/milkway:
The rapid steam one is good enuff?
Was thinking of the multi-functional one but dunno if we really need it.
DH's colleague been telling him the avent one is good and he only talked about avent now. I tried telling him we should compare and ask around for more comments first but.. argh!! So looking for support here. :p

Jul:
So a swaddle blanket is necessary and better?
Why must there be so many terms for so many "similar" items...
 


Juz my own views
Pigeon normal sterliser is good enuff. Dun need to get too expensive kind as if u intend to breastfeed the usage of bottles is very low as try to latch on as often as possible...

Generally across the market those few brands of bottles are not bad such as trolley, pigeon, advent, dr brown etc... all are usable....

so it best to visit the exhibiton since there be one upcoming... go there almost everything will be there then slowly walk around and gauge what u really need and one ..

For FTWM - need to consider the factors when back at work those looking after ur bb must know how to operate the items...

For SAHM - try to view items that can lesser ur burdens in taking of bbs.. such as sterliser as u be full time at home u can choose to latch bb full time the use of bottles is not high!! So can use hot water to rinse etc..

So plan on how and what u need to buy those impt things first.. no need to rush into getting all items at one time unless u know clearly what u need!!..

Juz my thoughts onli lar..
 

Back
Top