(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Hello Jul:

Congrats on your prince! Your babylet really very cooperative.
happy.gif

Hi Florence:
Hey, you sound like someone I know. You quit your job about a year ago right???

hi ladies,

my mil n grand mil instructed me not to use epi..cos they say pain just pain la.. every woman also went thru the same pain last time..

then i told my fren wat they said and my fren said..dun be stupid.. of course they'll say like tt cos its not them who's suffering the pain.. it's you.. so do wat u like.. so i thk if i relli cant take it..i will use epi bah.. since can slowly add on one.. shd be ok..

Maternity Tour

Hai..didnt go today.. cos hubby was too tired so i hv to go on another day..

hi mummies... finally.. very free at home today with mum.. so i got her formula to calculate girl or boy.. maybe those who already know can use the formula to try if its accurate???

Test gener:Month of LMP (lunar month please) x 7 + 19 - (your lunar age at time of conception)

So for myself..
my LMP is 29 Nov (2nd day of 11th lunar month)
Born in 1981 ( age 28 as of Nov 2008)

My guess will be: 11x7+19-28 = 68 EVEN NUMBER = Girl

Inconsistencies sometimes occur if your LMP is at the end of the lunar month.. like 20odd days.. coz u probably conceived in the following lunar month.... hehehe...

But mummies.. try it out...and let's see how accurate this formula is.. so far... my mum has predicted many many correctly with this formula she was taught long long ago..
happy.gif

acneery_gal
i like like the maternity pants at cloud9. the rest sold elsewhere dun fit me nicely cos either too short or cutting not flattering. i dunno where they shifted to though.

epidural
i only tried epidural once cos gynae insisted during my twin deliveries as it was high risk. i didnt like it. firstly the insertion of the jab was so painful, i think worst than giving birth itself! then i had no control over my lower half of body that i dropped my legs many times off the bed haha... then when come to pushing i had no urge at all i couldnt push properly and both my boys ended up vacuumed out. of course this is just my personal experience lah. after that all my kids were delivered naturally wo epi and the feeling of contractions and pushing is v shiok lor. i know i sound v bian tai haha.. but im speaking the truth lah. my subsequent ddeliveries were all very fast.

i didnt experience any side effects from the epi. i know of some ppl who shiver, have fever, and very painful back aches. i think varies with individuals lah.

but i agree as labour progresses, the contractions is not something that everybody can take. so go with the flow lah. if u really cant take it, then by all means go for pain relief. opting for pain relief doesnt make u a less capable mom, dun have to feel guilty abt it. child birth should be beautiful and enjoyable, dun let it leave a scar and make u phobia ya.

hey rach

my figure is 55. bt my menses beri irregular one wor..my LMP is 19th nov (earlier than urs) bt my edd 12th sept is later than urs!! so still will be accurate mah??

rach
oh like that then correct cos its 63! wah so accurate one ah?? i did all the tests also said i gettg boy. aiyah how to siam baby boy like that.

girly
wah u got high chance of gettg boy lor! if really boy u open champagne ah

hello all Mummies.

Im too having BABY BOY...!! Yipppeee Thank God for granted our wish
happy.gif

i ask gynea for constipation solution lioa.. she say my constipation is indeed so badz..

Gynea say can soak in hot tub but not too hot, i try jus now lioa, but jus for awhile i felt breathless. but awhile its did some help to my aching body..
happy.gif

i went Taka Baby Fair liao. and saw the cot, hubby say its quite good , will consider before the fair end.

the breastPump Melade, the advance one. using rechargeable jus like handphone.. all in, its cost S$988. WOWOWOWWW...

oh ya , about epidural, my gynea think i might not be able to have epidural due to my lower back disc problem.
ask me to bring the MRI report for her to see.

Hi Flower4!
Congrats! You and your hubby must be very happy! Good for you!! Take care of your constipation.. sounds quite jia lat.

According to my friend, you can rent a breast pump from the hospital and save the money to buy it. Can ask your hospital if they offer such a service.

Hi Sheryn,
You are next in line to announce another baby boy. Remember to go to bird park..haha

hahaha....

ya delfine,

Sheryn keep looking for turtle head
happy.gif

ohya, i hope today i can pang smoothly pray hard, ytd til today i haven pang ..

rent Breast pump? erm, i will give a check with Glen E. hope its cheaper
happy.gif

delfine >

hahaha.. yeah Bird Park eh!! I can only keep my fingers crossed and hope for a good news too!!! but somehow i felt tt usually the more u wanted something.. the harder it gets to u.. u get wat i mean? We'll just wait and see how lo.. =)

Flower4 >

Turtle head.. hee.. sprinkle some bb boy dust onto me also ok!! =)

girly> if ur EDD is 12th Sept.. I would love to assume that you conceive in Dec 2008 (lunar 11th month) since your EDD is behind me.. you should have conceived later than me...
And my LMP is 29th Nov.. which is 11 yue chu 2.. which is the very beginning of 11 yue.. means.. you should have conceived few days behind me.. which is still 11 yue..

So you can use 11x7+19- (your lunar age. ie. 2008-19xx + 1) = Even or Odd??

If u still get odd... then urs is boy!
happy.gif

You want boy issit??

mama6> hehee.. yeah.. so the formula does work for u... I'm waiting to see those who have already found out gender to see correct ot not.. hehehe.. :p

flower> u got use the formula?????? accurate or not?? heheheh. :p

Sheryn> have u tried calculating using the formula??? it has proven to be very accurate from my mum's past experience wor... hehehe.. :p

rach

hmm..so the formula shld change to

Lunar month of conceived (instead of lunar month of LMP ) x 7 + 19 - (your lunar age at time of conception)

Am i right??

girly> not really leh.. coz.. actually need to take into account when is ur LMP.. actually i think LMP works for people who have regular menses... and if theirs is not.. then probably month of conceive is more accurate... coz.... my own mum is a very good example.. hahaha.... and in years where there is a leap month in the lunar year... the calculation may not work... hehehe.. need to plus 1..... hahahaha....

Like... my mum had her LMP on
26th day of Jul 1980... but she prob conceived on 6th day of Aug 1980... (months are in lunar)

So if you take 7x7+19-26 = 42 (Girl)
if you take 8x7+19-26 = 49 (boy)

BUT BUT BUT.. I'm A GIRL!!! hahahahha... this is the only discrepancy we both were still trying to work out yest... so.. the most accurate ones are the ones where their menses are in the beginning of the lunar month.. coz sure conceive in the same month.. no doubt abt that... hahaha.... for a pretty regular period la.....

So.. yah.. anyway.. still just a prediction.. still no scientific proof how it actually works.. hahaha.. it could be she was plain lucky all the time.. hehehe.. coz its a 50-50 chance ma..
happy.gif

rach >

my LMP is 26 Nov 2008 (i thk Lunar one is 10月30日)

my birthday is 27 Nov 1982 (i thk Lunar is 28 yrs old)

so it's 10 x 7 + 19 - 28 = 61 (means odd = boy)

but if based on
Inconsistencies sometimes occur if your LMP is at the end of the lunar month.. like 20odd days.. coz u probably conceived in the following lunar month....

cos i am 10月30日 means mth end one.. so could also fall on the following 11月 conceive one rite? so there's stl a possibility of me getting a girl 对吗?

Sheryn> i guess in your case..maybe we can go for 11 月 since.... its 10月30日. u checked the calendar last year issit???

11x7+19-27 = 69 (boy)

You should use age 27..coz the lunar age. dun care ur birthday over or not... its more of using ur animal year... so its a dog in ur case. I'm rooster.. so i'm 28 last year.. u are dog... so u should be 27...
happy.gif

Let's pray... so there's a high chance that you have a boy..... hehehehe....

rach >

eh.. i check online one..for lunar date.. okie yeah!! high chance boy eh.. good.. pray hard pray hard.. thanks eh..

rach

haha..it's ok la. though hope for boy bt already prepared mentally for girl and ownself actually predict girl also.

Anyway my lunar LMP falls on lunar 10th mth and 22nd day based on the above web. Bt nt possible to conceive same mth le...furthermore, i know i roughly conceived on lunar 11th mth and 23rd day...

This calculation is something new and fun to me also
happy.gif

girly> huh???? how come u conceived so long after ur LMP?? irregular??

MMm.. then u can use 11x7+19-lunar age at conception loh.. hehehe.. :p

rach, the two website in this thread say i got baby Boy, but when i try other chinese lunar year prediction website, its say i have girl.

puzzle.. so at the end i give up all predication website.

there few predication, beside website dates method.

example tummy size. :
my colleagues say
big tummy = baby girl
tummy cant see/small = baby boy.

but one of my colleague's wife, tummy as small as me, is a baby girl. so?

also predication by MS :
MS = baby girl
no MS = baby boy.

me have MS and i have BOy.

so?! i give up on all predication. :p

My last LMP is on 28 Nov 2008, almost the same as yours.

so also 11x7+19-(lunar age ah?)

is so, i got Even number result, is BOy or GIrl?

i am very very relieve i got a baby BOy, but i cant take things lightly , as my fren incident of the 37week she lost her bb.. so its not really a guaranteed yet.

relieve to have a baby boy now, so i dun have to stress for boy next time. girl have or dun have also can. i duno is my mentality is sensible though.

flower> hahaa.. but since now u know u have boy.. just test the formula la... wanna see accurate or not.. hehehehe... :p

When's ur LMP, EDD and year of birth??

flower> then again.. when u use the lunar chinese year prediction website.. what info did u key in???

For chinese website.. u need to key in ur chinese age and month leh... so u prob can try again.. coz when i use different age and month for the same website.. it gives different result...
happy.gif

rach,

in chinese website predication, i try both months , oso say girl leh.

ok 11x7+19-(lunar age last year) = Even number result.

The calculation of the baby gender seems very complicated.

Anyway, I wish that MTBs here realise their wishes in having a boy or girl...

flower

Congrats on getting the boy you wish for!

sandwich, girly, Mamato6Js

Thanks for describing your experience with epidural. I learnt abit more about its usage and effects just from your posts here! So many things to consider, but like some of u say, go with the flow. If can't tahan should just go for it, if can avoid, good to avoid using it.

flower> hehee... i guess for ur case... maybe ur cycle is the shorter one?? coz my LMP is 29th and EDD is 9th sept...

whereas u are 1 day before my menses..and yet 12 days bfore my EDD... hahaa....

so maybe your LMP should be in the month of 10th.. hahaha.. then it'll give u boy... hahaha.. :p

Huishan> some of us here have watched in in You Tube.... search In the Womb.. its a 10 part series.... very nice.

i ever posted the link here before.. haha..gotta search the threads.. :p

thanks Whitey,

huishan>
in the womb, at times show in the womb of animals leh, which espisode u refering?

rach>

maybe you are right. my circle is 22days.

duno isit correct, cuz i usually come early by 1 week the following month.

example my mense come on 7 jul, next month will come 30 Jul.

rach

err... that's a bit confusing wor...for flower4 case LMP is 28th nov (so lunar mth is 11yue chu1)
since urs 29th nov is 11yue chu2

i.e. 11x7+19-lunar age at time of conception

ovulation (conceiving) cldn't have become 10yue for her right?? (shld be later than LMP de mah)

even if base on conceiving date, her LMP is 11yue chu1, so shld conceived same mth also (like urs), so still is

11x7+19-lunar age at time of conception

err...right???

rach

ur cycle 28-35days??

btw mine usu 35-45days bt past few mths 35-55days, think that's y i conceived so long after my LMP, haywired liao....

Huishan

In fact, I just saw National Geographic advertising last night - In The Womb will be shown in April. But they never advertise the date and time, it's one of those commercials "coming soon in April".

But like what Flower4 said, sometimes they show in the womb of animals ;P

Hope they will show for human babies too. If not can just type "In the Womb" on youtube search. It's divided into 10 parts on youtube.

Back