(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

talking abt bleeding, i also remembered always staining everything i sat on during the first 3 days! it was horrible! and so embarassing to be leaving ur blood stain everywhere! i remember trying to sit on either side instead of putting my whole bum on the seat. but i never used maternity pads cos i find them too thick and i end up walking like a duck. my faithful pad is good and long enuf, as long as i change every 2-3 hrs. like changing pampers for baby!

My appt made was at 3:30pm... waited a good whole 2 hrs to finally see Dr Joycelyn Wong (den wats the point of making appt huh??) anyway... well worth the wait la...she is assuring.. but my next trip will be a bloodshed.. kkekeke.. both to me & my pocket.. hahaha... be doing a string of blood test...

<font color="ff6000">Freesia</font>
dun go &amp; think on the bad things....I believe Dr wong gave u some pills? take it...&amp; really.. "communicate" with ur BB... tell BB to go on strong... you need a strong will also... so dun get discourage at this time...jiayou jiayou!

<font color="ff6000">Cho</font>

me also lor.. 1st time weight taken at gynae 46.3kg.. today took the weight... 44kg..somemore I was wearing my heavy jeans &amp; all... but heng la.. they say 1st trimester its normal to lose weight...

new MTB> hahahhaa.. yah...salami is forbidden leh.... hahaha...
hehehhe.. yesh... frens have been real understanding too.. kekek.. :p

LawShe> huhuh??? what construction company?? CHC is City Harvest church.. hahahahhaa...
I'm with PRudential... insurance... not construction.. hahahahhah... :p

I dunno the diff between the 2 hosp... but I'm mostly gg to Mt A.. shall go to their hosp tour soon.. hehe. :p

Shirley> its entirely up to u and ur own beliefs and traditions... scientifically.. attending any event shouldnt affect the health of our babies..
happy.gif

but if u are pantang.. then just avoid the wakes... weddings are happier occasions.. but then again.. its really up to you.. no one can really help i guess..
happy.gif

princess> hahah.. u are sooo young....
happy.gif

hahah. i also wonder abt the vege.. but... but.. dunno leh... cucumber also raw.. so how? cannot eat also ah?? hahah..
but i always feel they are sooo healthy to eat.. hahahaha... :p

package depends on individual gynae... mine is 12 weeks onwards.
happy.gif

ya.. i also been puking like everyday.. sianz.. super sianz..... yucks....

$20 for scan is sooo cheap la... but its KKH ma... mine is $40 for scan... hahaha...

glass> sigh.. supposed to help my fren as jiemei for her wedding... but after i discovered i was preggy, told her i cant.. but she dun seem to be too happy abt it tat i'm pulling out...
or at least i felt that way.... sigh...

milkyway> ya.. i'm also reading what to expect when you are expecting... one of the best preggy books ard.. but i've stopped at the 1st trim.. wait till 2nd trim then read somemore.. hehehe.. :p

if u need help with renov.. my HB is an ID.. hehe.. those of u who needs ID referral.. can look for my HB if you are interested..
happy.gif

cho> wah.. my 1st visit is $107.. 2nd visit is $96.30.. urs so ex ah... wah..... my gyne's package starts from 12 weeks onwards..
happy.gif

mama5> wah... u tore naturally? but did u do episotomy for the very 1st birth???? wah..........

Chern> so u still gg overseas for V day?? or staying in spore?? hehe.. :p

Hi all, i am ard 7 weeks preg, 1st time mom. EDD in Sept. Hope to learn more here and share my experiences with all of you. =)

I havent got a gynae yet, anyone got any recommendations for good female gynae that's not too ex around north area? Thanks!

[freesia]
Be more positive. Don't think negative. Rest more. Be calm. Relax. Don't be too stressed up. Be very careful okay! We're here to wei ni da qi! <:

[rach]
All of you always envy me young, but i face a lot of problems with elders. They find me too young in starting family early, getting married early. SIGH. They have no trust in me at all. Feel that i am like a kid. SIGH. Really very sad about this for a long time. I simply can't wait for myself to grow older and prove them wrong. Nobody except my hubby has faith in me! SIGH! So sad right. Really very disheartening lor. SOBSOB.

Hmm.. i don't eat cucumber one leh.. but i eat lettuce. LOL! I still haven't crave to eat subway yet. LOL! >_< Lately i just don't feel like eating anything but bread in the morning and that's it. Eating is a chore now.

[lawshe]
Hmm... so most likely is not me gaining weight but either my baby or increased in blood supply? Lately i feel dizzy much more lor. Feel super tired and sleepy. Having some problems to endure the long hours in the office.

I am not sure if i will have slow weight gain but hopefully myself don't gain much but instead the one inside.

Hmm your friend so power leh..... but when she deliver already, can update me about her charges etc at ESH? :)

Thanks in advance k!

I am puking much badly in the noon and evening. Sometimes i puke 5 times a day. Fruits also will puke. Everything i eat i puke! YUCKS!

Hopefully the person won't paotoh you lor. I also scare people know i vomit in the toilet so i have to actually control first or else i try to vomit quietly. LOLOLOLOL!

Another thing is, my tummy is a little bigger in the evening and night as compared to day time. How come ah???? I find it so cute. I think i wont be able to hide my tummy that long already. Some people even hide until 5months..... so good hor....

sorry to interupt.

Selling away Medela Harmony Breast Pump @ $50 with original packaging.

Used only once, self collection.

Interested pls pm me.
2142936.jpg

babiesmeme
<blockquote>Erm, I'm not sure whether slender or slim (sounds quite the same to me leh. heehee). But when I buy clothes, I usually aim for 'S' sizes.</blockquote>
rach
<blockquote>oops, my hubby will be so disappointed. no more italian bmt.. but tuna!
happy.gif
</blockquote>

raw vege can eat lah. the reason why we cant eat raw or uncooked meat is because raw meat contains bacterias and can be harmful to our foetus. as long as we wash our vege clean, we can eat as much salads as we want. oh yes, i love subway too!

Morning everyone,

princess
I too sometimes felt dizzy. I find my ms happens more in the evening. So travelling on the train very xin ku. so scared i puke on the train haha

mama5
Did you go through C section before. Cause you have twins, so i assumed you done it before. How is it like ? Did you take epidural ? I was thinking should i take epi for this one. The 1st one i didn't. But i didn't enjoy the birth
I'm also afraid i will injure my pelvics like the previous birth. Quite probia

[hui chern]
My MS is bad in the noon till night. I totally have no appetite to eat anything now too. My head so dizzy. I just went to puke. The feeling in my throat is so uncomfortable. I feel so terrible. My whole head so dizzy. I really wish i can lie on the bed and sleep now.

princess
do you have low blood pressure before pregnancy. Do tell your gyn on yr next visit. Dizziness could be lack of sugar, since you mention you puke and not eating
i heard from this thread one of the MTB drink 100plus to curb MS and to replenish water lost. Maybe you want to try, it helps with headache too.
i drink 100plus when i puke the other time. But don't drink too much

hi hui chern and princess,

u might want to try dirnking H2O original instead, as it is non gassy as compared to 100plus which is. that's y it causes u to puke. H20 and 100 plus are isotonic drinks which contains sodium..good to curb loss in fluid. hope this helps.
happy.gif

milkyway
<blockquote>I read that most bottled mayonnaise is ok. Just keep off those home-made ones. But generally I cut down and not avoid. Try not to 'deprive' myself too much else I may not enjoy this pregnancy as I would like to.
happy.gif
</blockquote>

Good morning

Wow, there's been many posts.. i just scanned..

princess

I think that KT Tan is very experienced &amp; laojiao at KKH one, maybe that's why she was very chop chop during consultation?

Actually hor, I dun think there's an additional charge for V scan. My first appt at 6 weeks, my gynae cudn't c the heartbeat by tummy scan, so she did V scan for me, &amp; no extra charge leh.

Oh FTS = OSCAR. To check risk of getting Downs Syndrome. Bur hor, ur gynae vists are v far apart. Mine also ard 3 weeks interval till 12 weeks.

lawshe

Thanks for all the yummy food recomms. Too bad I dun work there anymore But I will try out when I'm in the area heehee.

mama5
Wow you so solid, salute u hehe.

Dunno leh, when i had my DD. My pelvic overstretched by 3cm. In so much pain that i can't even walk. But my gyn say this time should'nt be a problem cos stretch before already. Must pray for protection lor. The 1st after birth experience was scary even my mum got a shock, how come give birth till cannot walk. So when she finds out i'm preggy again. She so worried that for me that She cried.

<font color="ff6000">Feli</font>
If you're near to yishun, I recommend Dr Chen at chongpang there... a male gynae la.. but someone who is very experience &amp; very assuring.. like a father.. hahah.. makes me &amp; hubby felt safe.. but due to location problem... I've switched to Dr Wong @ TMC... For Dr Chen.. my first visit with him cost me about $151(consultation, Ultra sound scan &amp; medications) but my 1st visit with Dr Wong is $217.. thats a guide la.. but both gynaes are good tho...

[jul_luvs_babylet]
Yah lor, Dr KT Tan is senior consultant and is the head over there. So i think she is really very experienced and that's why mine chop chop so fast. -.- But i am someone very curious lor.. she never give me chance to ask her questions leh. DUh!

Oh so FTS = OSCAR .. so i assume it will cost about $400. Hmmm.. painful? How is it done? Blood take from where? I'm scare leh so i must be mentally prepared. Do i have to abstain from any food or what before doing this?

OWww... my next visit to gynae really very long. I'm trying to slot in one visit to my new gynae.. but don't know should i put before doing this FTS or after.. if its before, i will be in wk11, it its after, i will be in wk12. My last visit to gynae was when i'm 8wk. =.=

[rosycheeks/hui chern]
Thanks! If my mind tells me i need fizzy, i will take 100+, else i will just take the no sugar added fruit juice.. apple, orange, cranberry. <:

suddenly i experience some sharp pains on and off at my breasts. What happen ah! AS if there is needle poking!

freesia

Just saw ur post... Dun worry so much, try to be positive ok? Positive vibes are impt. Since u can see heartbeat, then at least there's a chance.

princess

Haha maybe u nvr insist on asking questions??? But I must say, my gynae very slow &amp; patient one. First visit, she just sat there &amp; waited for us to ask her qns haha.

I think FTS/OSCAR is best done during 11 weeks plus to 13 weeks plus? Too late is no good. I think 12 weeks is optimum.

No need to abstain/fast. JUst turn up, they will scan, draw blood, then u can go liao. Gynae will call u abt ur result in a week or 2, if I rem correctly. But a gd breakfast will help u to feel less faint. I also scard of needles one. See needles will turn green haha.

Wow...so many posts! Hahaha! Well my EDD is 25th September. I had been totally sick and my scan yesterday showed a healthy heartbeat and baby measured at 7 weeks and 3 days. I was also diagnosed with Perinatal Depression (http://www.health.state.ny.us/community/pregnancy/health_care/perinatal/perinatal_depression.htm). Gynae said could be due to my previous 2 miscarriages last year in April (twins!) and in November.

So, good luck to everybody while i am on a week's hospitalisation leave and lotsa drugs.

just booked my OSCAR test for 24feb. Should be about 12+wks. Was told must do by 12 wks therwise not so accurate. Then going gynae on 27 to analyze the results. Going TMC for the test, will be about $300. Actually supposed to have appt with gynae on 18feb, but now pushed back by 1 week. Hmm, OSCAR test can see gender?

artnutz

Really got prenatal depression! I told my hubby he refused to believe me.

claire

I think norm if boy, &amp; got thing sticking out, sometimes can see. But usu I think gender is cfm-ed at 16 weeks right?

mamato5

Nope, it's optional.

Oh but the blood test for all those syphillis, HepB, Aids, rubella is compulsory hor?

<font color="ff6000">claire</font>
I'll also be doing the OSCAR... heard frm gynae its juz from the blood test ya? anyway.. I've accepted the fact that my next appt to the gynae is a "lost blood" day.. hahaha... think needa take 3 tubes of blood.. but gynae said I have no prob cos i used to donate blood.. hahha... what she'll be drawing is far less den what i donate..

According to the Gynae... its good to take this test cos its 90% accuracy for down syndrome.. but there is another cheaper alternative which is only 70% accurate.. reason she told me to do it by 12 week is cos if really... touch wood.. kena that.. den 3mth ~4th pregnancy is still ok for abortion.. which choy!touch wood!! Its impt to take especially for preggie women 35 &amp; above cos chances gets higher...

<font color="ff6000">Artnutz</font>
keep a happy mind.. learn to let go of things when u should.. watch alot of comedies! hahaha.. anyway.. 1st priority... be happy...cos now huh.. BB's character will depends on ur mood also leh.. like my MIL always say.. my BIL's bad temper was due to her unhappiness during her pregnancy.. cos can tell the great diff in my hubby &amp; his bro's character wan.. 1 frm heaven 1 frm hell.. hahaha...

[jul_luvs_babylet]
:) i think i have to take something before i take the test, cos i am so scare i will faint. take so much blood leh. Then i think after that, i must go home and PU xue. Better let my mum know so she can prepare for me. I think the next day i wont be able to work for sure. -.-"

Take this FTS/OSCAR test can see gender ah! Woah like that 1st week of march i do can know liao ahr! >_<

Woooo!!! Though i did hope is a girlgirl first, but i think it's okay! Cos i love kids so much... healthy is more important than the gender! girlgirl cos i want to doll her up and let her learn piano so that my piano wont go to as waste! LOL!

lately i very quiet and emotional at times. But i just keep quiet and never talk. Nobody to talk to me. And in the office i dont feel like talking. But when i watch tv, i can laugh and cry easily. -.- Wonder if next time my baby like me anot.. so emotional! LOL!

Oh.. any idea if MAC sells HOT MILO????

Usually OSCAR/FTS is optional for younger couples? But i never opt out leh. But i am still scared even though i am young. ): I think i will worried all the way until i give birth to my baby healthily. :)

i'm thinking of taking the cheaper one leh... it costs about 100 bucks compared to the OSCAR which costs 300!!... but then have to compromise on the 70% accuracy...

princessxiaomei, yes Mac sells hot milo...

thanks! i shall get it later. anytime from now, i gonna puke my lunch out. Feeling so tired and dizzy! How i wish i can take a nap!

You're doing Oscar test too!?

:)

when will you girls be doing?

really can know gender when doing this ahr?

LOL!

the other one is it triple test? i remembered only taking triple test and never taken OSCAR then there is also CVS. v chim! so many tests!

OSCAR probably cannot see gender unless your baby very cooperative + very experienced person doing the test.

But the FA (fetal anomaly) scan will be able to give you 100% confirmation on the gender. With my #1, totally cannot see gender until we did the FA scan. Cos he like to keep his legs closed damn tight all the time.

blessedmommy:

I think CVS usually only for mothers above 30? Or is it 35? Cos usually unless there is reason for the doc to suggest doing CVS, most MTBs won't need it...

That was what I was told lor.

Diaoz. Then my FTS is it OCASR or triple test? how to find out har?

Hmm... the FA test will be done in wk20 that one? how much is this test that will be done in this week?

princess

Yes, pls take some food. Dun do on empty stomach, or else sure faint one. I myself will take breakfast, go for OSCAR, see gynae, then eat lunch. I planned my eating times already hahaha.

Cfm.. FTS = OSCAR. My book says so haha.

mamato5J

I think the procedure now is to do OSCAR. If results no good, then will do CVS or amniotecesis (dunno how to spell). If risk is low according to OSCAR, then they wun suggest CVS or the amn thing. Coz got chance of m/c with those tests.

shelled

What is FA? SOunds like Folic Acid leh, but cannot be lah of course.

[jul_luvs_babylet]
Hmmm... i puke again leh... today very bad.. MS whole day... dizzy whole day... my throat so xinku! I need to sleep... wawawawa... sobx...

FTS = OSCAR is confirmed! LOL! what book? >_<

I think of food i wanna puke. But i need a cup of hot coco or hot milo now. ): Very terrible sia!

princess

Oh dear.. nvm take heart. When u get to 8 weeks, the MS is supposed to peak &amp; go off. U count down day by day, then very fast time will be over liao.

I got preg book that I refer to once in a while when I kena confused. I was v confused abt OSCAR until I checked my bk lor haha.

Hey I tot u gog Mac's to buy milo?

hi all mums and mum-to-be, i'm new to this forum and not sure how to search for info on gynae.
can i know how do u choose your gynae? my family doctor recommended his wife's gynae, Dr Lim Loon Haw to me. Have anyone heard about him? He's from Mt Alvenia.
Please share your experience. Tks

Back