(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Jul,
Yeah bintan, my frend got company villa..it's free!
Hee
But this time need stay overnite

I just went 1day malacca last mth...I cooked n put in 2 separate thermal container..the tiger one really good, can last whole day
 


Jul
I will bring or buy mineral water there for my boy when going overseas, no matter where...
Dont want to risk him having tummy ache and spoil the trip lah. Anyway just for him so wont be too much trouble lah...
 
mashy, I really don't want to move Joy, since she is so settled. And yes, that kind of price for that kind of space cannot be found anywhere else. What kind of enrichment is C taking up, besides Berries? I'm still thinking if Joy should start S&D with Teacher karen.
 
Re: Batam
I brought Nat to Batam few months back, only for a night stay.
For food, we brought rice, frozen fish, slow cooker and Tiger jar.
Kept fish with ice pack during the trip...
Then cooked rice with fish overnight in slow cooker, stored in Tiger jar in morning (this is her lunch) and cooked one more batch for her dinner.

That should work fine...for bfast she had the same as us, toast, eggs, fruits etc from the resort bfast....

Its quite fun, the first and only trip for Nat so far
 
Mich

I think u should let her start the s&d with teacher Karen. I think she's great! And the class size is very small so she will get more one to one learning.

He's doing k1 and k2 berries. Going to look for violin class for him coz he said he prefers that to piano. Want to get him to learn swimming too. And abacus. Gosh, he doesn't have enough time! I think better start now and let him decide which ones he like than to do it in primary one coz by then they will be too busy with school work. I will cut down by then. And berries will just need to attend one class next year.
 
kiki

Haha I brought 12 bottles of distilled water to Malacca for the 5 day trip. Really funny when I think back.

mashy

Oh I hate mozzies! They aws bite me
sad.gif


sharon

Oh u've never brought Ryan overseas overnite huh? it'll be an experience hahaha

Yup the Tiger is really very gd. I cooked in the am, then put the porridge in 2 thermal containers for lunch & dinner too. Also brought out 2 thermal water flasks lor.
 
dolcevita

Er.. a bit suaku. How to cook the porrdige with fish in slow cooker huh? Cook rice first then add fish or add fish from the start? Will the fish become overcooked? How big was your slow cooker? Need to cook how many hrs ah?
 
Happy new year to all of u!!
Jus wondering if any of u hav heard b4 that when yr 2nd bb is born, u need to buy present for yr 1st child n tell is from meimei or didi.. Y huh.. Me due in 23 Jan.... Really hope I can take good care of them all by myself.
 
Jacq

I did that. It's to ease off the sibling rivalry. Not like it works that well but at least it's a good start rather than the older sibling think the baby is there to snatch away daddy and mummy.
 
Did anyone mention going to Bintan? I just went there in end Nov 2010. Maybe I can help you with the questions. BTW, the Bintan Lagoon villa is fantastic and very value for money if you go in weekdays.
 
Mashy, I see.. Okie maybe will go get a toy for her tis weekend if I haven't go deliver.. My gal is very super guley to me n dunno how will she be doing if under a care of one of my husband colleague wife when I go give birth.. Even since she is born the max time I leave her wit her daddy is abt 2hrs... Hai.. Really hope tis 2 nd 1 can be a quick n smooth labour for me..
 
Happy New Year everyone.

Jacqueline, congratulations ! Yes, i bought a toy for elder one and told him it's from mei mei. Now that both are bigger, when it comes to toys, they are very self centered. when i buy toys, have to buy 2. **headache**

Last Dec, my family went to Kuching, we try to boil bottled water to make milk, but there were times when i just use tap water to boil. i only cook her lunch on the first and third day, the rest of the days, she was surviving on milk, biscuits, bread and adult food. and cereals.
 
Jul,

Think my mum cook fish together with the rice and water.
My slow cooker is the small small type, each cook is only enough for one feed. So the size is easy to bring around during travelling...bought for abt $10 from Carrefour...

Just dump everything inside b4 going to sleep and when you wake up, everything is ready, with just the right texture.Dun find the fish overcooked, its already blend in to the porridge..anyway its oni for one meal..so ok lah..

Hope this helps
 
Joeey, hee thanks... Hmm I hope but my gals can share their toys in future, if not I headache too man... Cos their age gap is abt 17 months apart.. If buy same toy like waste $$ leh..
 
Jul / Mashy

My son I also initial scare he is austic.
Cos when we call him, he also bochap us. Got attitude wor. My FIL said this kid very KL.
HAHA… and when u talk to him, he look away and around.
Our PD said need to observe him too but when she talk to him, he said he gave her straight eye look which she suspects is not austism also.
Hmm. My boy when he angry/upset/frighten (he got a back temper), he will knock his head la.. alamak.. than last weekend, I keep on beating his hand and talk to him that it is not right to do that. Talk some sense I wonder if he understood. Yesterday finally saw some result. During the day time, when he was angry cos my mum took his tutu away, he make noise and I realize that he doesn knock his head. But at night when I brought him back, my mum said he knock again. I think he don dare to do it in front of me. At night, I told him, if u knock again, mummy beat beat. Than he touch his hand (the elbow part) and pat pat there.
 
hi babymaking, reira, daph, PJPJ,

ur huggies playtent arrived, u can collect from me anytime after 9th Jan as i m going for travel, will be back on 9th Jan.
 
Jacqueline

I buy cheap toys :p like 2 hoola hoops, 2 small whiteboards, 2 blow bubbles, 2 dinosaur books, i'm quite tired of separating them when they snatch toys. My gal will bite whatever, whoever, wherever when she doesn't get what she wants. Sometimes, before she can bite herself or kor kor, i put my thumb in so she bites me instead. ya, i'm a wierd mummy :p
 
Jac, when babyis born, every one will focus on baby mah. U dont want number 1 to feel like he's invisible or being replqced mah..

Re travelling: i'll boil distilled water when travelling. Then when we went to hk we let shayna eat our food. Ordered rice to share with her mostly. Cos noodles ah, soup base can be quite salty. Rice At least i can control thentaste. (as a result of sharing ah i lost 3kg leh ahaha)
 
Joey

I make my kids share toys. Just bought a doll stroller and the two were fighting for it. So I let them choose which route to take with a crossing as halfway mark. Seems to work. Anyway, if need to fight, my elder boy will sure lose.
 
Mummies, any recommendation for confinement ladies? My guy friend asking me but i dunno any cos my mum did confinement for me.

What to look out for when looking for a confinement nanny?
 
mashy
Y your elder boys sure loose?

==================

I heard people saying 2 girls = 1 bOY.
so definately a boy is more tedious to take care cos of their hormones thats why very active?
 
Jul/Sharon: I usually buy mineral water or distilled water when i am overseas to prepare milk/food for the children... Its prob easier to go there and buy than bring over, and cheaper too!

Jacqueline: What i did was to get a toy for both kids. Let the elder one choose something for the meimei/didi so they feel good about it, can be something that the kid will need like pacifier and all that, then remind #1 about it so they will feel proud as a elder sis/bro. then buy a present for #1 and say its from #2... like a welcome gift...

It works for me... my #1 was so proud to be a jiejie... hehe
 
hi all~

yawn~~ so busy today! boss juz back.. tons to catch-up! sianz!!

ooooooh~ n so much to catch up here... lost track liaoz!

liz:: i like your prac to get your #1 to choose something for the younger sibling. yup, i tink the elder one will feel some kind of important, a sense of responsibility, accomplishment... n ya.. proud. hehe.

thnx for sharing this, if i were to hv a #3, will get my 2 girls (=1boy..hehe..sbb *wink*) to buy smting for their younger sibling too de.

oh but hor.. i tink my 2 girls majiam like 2 boys!! smtimes im really super drained looking aft them!
 
mashy,
that's a good idea! use different route, take turns to play. sometimes i'll say, meimei play for 5 minutes then korkor's turn, then korkor play for 5 minutes, then meimei's turn. if both of them can't take turns to play, i'll take the toy away and say, since both of you can't share then both cannot play.
 
dolcevita

Thanks! That helps a lot!

I may invest in a $10 slow cooker too, coz Hubs' family is planning a trip to malacca in Mar. I don't wanna lug the rice cooker there again
sad.gif


sbb

Mine will throw his head back & bang me on the cheek/lip/nose. Super painful lor. Dunno how to control his temper. Am trying slowly to 'tiao' him but it's not easy.

liz

Hi5! Except I bought 1 carton to bring! But that was when Sam was 9 mths old. I'm more relaxed now that he's older but I'll still get bottled water for his food/drink.
 
hi mummies, can anyone advise me whether i can bring pre make milk or water to plane? i m taking SQ

will toddler need to stay in bassinet while plane take off? thanks in advance
 
magmag: just bring the bottle and powder on board would be fine... can get the stewardess or steward to get warm water for preparing the milk.

the toddler would need to be off the bassinet during take-off, landing and air turbulence.

hope it helps!~
 
thanks liz

i dun quite undestand on the bassinet part? u said toddler would need to be off the bassinet mean stay in or out?

can we pack the powder into disposbale zip lock plastic bag?
 
magmag: u can use those normal milk powder container or etc... The toddler cannot stay in the bassinet during take off, landing and air turbulence... meaning you will have to carry the child in your laps buckle using infant seat belt which the steward/stewardess will give you..
 
oic, thank you for the info.

thoguht easier to pack the powder into small plastic bag n bring for travel, think i got to buy small tin of milk powder to check in already.
 
It's back to school for ovann! Glad he still like the class and enjoyed himself (and monkeying around!).

Any of you feeding rice everyday to your kiddo already? I'm now trying to give ovann porridge for lunch and rice for dinner, but sometimes really run out of idea of wat to cook, easy to cook and fast to cook! And do u give soup with rice?
 
pegsfur (pegsfur)

my mum steamed rice. its more sticky than the rice we eat. my boy must eat at least once a day else he will nt be full. liked the daddy... will be FAN DONG liao. :p
 
Pegsfur,
Yes I will cooked soup with rice.
Usually add ingredients to the soup so no need extra dishes.
Always put tofu, veg, fish, chix or watever i can find at market.
Or she will share our soup base b4 seasoning n I add fish n tofu inside or will steam an egg for her. Really can't think of ideas at times too..haha
 
pegsfur, dolcevita

Yest MIL just started giving rice to Sam. She steamed rice till it's quite soft & mushy, & boiled soup. Steamed fish for Sam too. But she mashed the fish into the rice coz she says there's no taste in the rice. Aiyoh.. soemtimes I dunno how to get through to her. Just let Sam enjoy the taste of rice lor. I personally like the taste of plain rice.

I asked her to give him rice for lunch instead of dinner so that he can digest the rice ratehr than make him so full for dinner. She said dinner must be 包, lunch no need. Why all contrary to doctor's advice one ah??? Supposed to eat more for breakfast, less for lunch & even less for dinner as a matter of health. Sigh...
 
Jul,

you r right but even so,I dont follow that too..probably more of habit..that dinner is the only time we can unwind n relax abit and also the only meal we can catch up with friends or family members thus tend to eat more or have a more suptumous meal..hahaha

Reason y they say dinner must be "bao" could be that dinner is the last meal of the day to tahan thru the night till morning so must eat something more filling so baby wont be hungry at nite ?
 
Good morning ladies.
I started to have this problem 2 weeks ago till now. My girl doesnt sleep well in the night, turning left, right, flipping around 360 degree. 2am, 4am, sometimes every hr. I suspect she is hungry after 10pm last feed which I hv add more scopes to thicken the milk. I've to wait till 5-6am then feed her milk. Anyone having the same problem. Normally she sleeps through but these 2 weeks really very tiring for me.
 
Bb

she may be having a growth spurt. Feed her more solids in the day.

Jul
we also tend to eat more at night. Hehehe. I don't like a very filling breakfast. I usually eat something light.
 
mashy, till now she only can manage to finish half a bowl each meal. Her meal time:
9am: half bowl oatmeal or equavalent
12noon: half bowl porridge
4pm: half bowl fruit or cereal
6pm: half bowl porridge

My helper has to feed her at 6pm before daddy & mommy come home from work. Otherwise, she wont want to eat her dinner. In-between milk feeds. Should I add another solid feed at maybe 9pm/10pm to replace milk?
 
magmag
to bring up the plane, i think its easiler to pack the milk into those little container for 1 serving type. quite troublesome to try to scoop from ziplock on the plane, esp during turbulence...

I'm also for business trip tmr morning... so sian...
 
dolcevita, mashy

I agree lah. Asians tend to do the reverse. I'm also guilty of that - eating a lot more at dinner, followe by lunch, & breakfast is the smallest meal :p

Actually I prefer a good solid breakfast with porridge, toast, eggs, ham, grilled tomatoes etc - the American breakfast! But I have no time haha

BB

R u giving your gal the 'recommended' milk to water proportion? I think I remmeber you mentioning that you gave her thinned milk to slow her weight gain?
 
BB

It would be better if you can share all your gal's meals, incl the milk feeds so that we can have a better idea?
 
How much rice are you all feeding now huh?
My boy took 1 hr to finish 1/3 bowl lor. so long leh and I wonder if he will be full or not.
sad.gif
 
jul,
No thinning milk for a long time. In fact, she drinks more milk per feed now: 210ml. May I know what time you feed your baby dinner? I think maybe 6pm is too early?
 
BB:: NEVER give extra scoop of milk powder to so-call thicken the milk leh!! the child will have problem to digest the milk and will eventually hurt the liver also de! that's what my CL nanny stressed to me..again n again!

one can give lesser scoops.. but not more ya!
 
fatbobo, my gynae's senior nurse told me this method. She said she used to work in the hospital for many years. At night all babies (drink bottle milk) are fed with thicker milk. She said it's a practice in hospitals. Anyway, I've been feeding her one extra scoop only during the night time last feed.
 
kiki

Er.. Not that much. Yest Sam took maybe 3/4 rice bowl? For porridge, he takes close to 1.5 rice bowls. But he eats in max 15min.

BB

Sam's feeding is like this :

7.15am : milk
9am : breakfast (bread with cheese/butter, sometimes buns, sometimes cereal)
12pm : porridge lunch
2/2.30pm : a bit of fruit
330 pm : milk
6pm : dinner
9pm : milk

The timings ard there. He used to be very regular when I was not working, but now leave to MIL, his schedule a bit haywire liao

Sam also drinks abt 225ml of milk. Sometimes he won't finish, so I give only 200ml.

Yes, never give more than the recommended scoops of milk.
 


Bb

why not give her supper? Bread or cheese or some biscuits? Children can eat supper. I give my kids supper every night. My gal can still drink milk after that.
 

Back
Top