(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Sweetmama,
tt great..

Sharon,
actually i stop for wks be4 i decided to try again.. dunno leh my friend 1 3yo still dunno how to pee to toilet bowl leh if no diaper he will hold his urine so i doubt peer influence work on all wor...
 


baby s,
I oso saw a preggy mum taking a smoking break with a big tummy. She's at least 6 or 7 mths cos tummy very big. I really wonder wat all these pple are thinking.

piggy,
I haven't start ovann on toilet training cos i oso dunno how to start. I tried to put him straight on the toilet bowl when i see tat he's going to poo, but he thot it's fun cos i was saying 'nnggg nnngg...' and he din manage to poo. Only did it when he wore back his diaper. hiaz ...
 
darn, i discovered a painful pimple like lump at my arm pit.. i think its like a pimple.. dont think i need to go for mammogram bah, cos it hurts. (i heard breast lumps or nodes dont hurt)..
 
Piggy

I sent her straight to the toilet bowl. And with a book. She also stays there when I show flash cards from my iPhone. She has been pooing in the toilet bowl unless she cannot tahan and we didn't put her on the toilet bowl. I usually try after her milk or when her fart is very smelly. Haven't started the pee training yet but she does pee when I put her there after milk or a meal.
 
Babys

my hb just had a pimple on his eyelid! It got so swollen he went to see dr. At first we thought it's eye infection then last night we discovered it's a pimple coz of the white dot.
 
PEgsfur,
Kyler too fast liao when he make the nnggnng sound v fast he poo lol~ but tt time in Jap when i ask him to nngg he will really try n gave some output so funnie...

Mashy,
ya will try more ways to keep him in the potty.. hope will succeed soon..
 
Baby S, it could be a cyst. i got it before.. mine is too big that i was sent for operation the next day.
sad.gif
quickly see doc before it grows
happy.gif
 
sweetmama: i only discovered it 2 days ago.. quite sudden and painful right from onset..

So far it hasnt grown bigger or more painful but getting a bit more reddish.. so going to monitor too..

dont mind me asking, where was ur cyst
 
BB, take care and rest well.

Sharon, the CC helps to do toilet training. So between at home and the CC, usually they will be trained by around 2 yrs+.

sweetmama, wow, impressed with yr toilet training skills. I have no patience, so always wait till when they are older to train as its easier.
 
hahahha, same area! the arm pit...geee

i had an operation..you can tell it is that serious.

yup, i agree, quite sudden, i think that is because it was not painful so it is difficult to realise.

i've a minor surgery twice
sad.gif
for cyst. yuck.
 
Mich,

my gal's toilet training is very easy, i started with putting her on the toilet bowl and potty. (either) without pampers. i'll bring her to potty every 15min. as she grows to understand, i'll ask her if she wants to shiishii. if she said she don't want, then i'll not put her to potty. but last time when she said she don't want, 5 min later, she pees on the floor. hahahah

so, she knows it is not comfortable. so as days passed, she knows she has to go to her potty. she cant say shishii so she say ngggngg. so pee or poo, she says nggngg.
 
Piggytoh/mich,
I'm a lazy mummy..I think I will let CC teachers do the job
Hee

Sweetmama,
Thats fast! I'm reluctant to train cos lazy to clean up after pee accidents...
 
hee

sharon,

just use a cloth to wipe ..hee, i kept wiping until one day my gal herself took the same cloth to wipe her own pee. geee...
 
sweetmama, Isaac doesn't sit still anywhere, whether its the potty, or highchair etc... I dun know if I will have success making him sit long enough to pee...

sharon, when they turn 2 yrs old, it will be very easy to train. Takes only 1-2 days. I try to help the CC cos I wanna save diapers hee hee
 
Mich

he's a boy. Stand and pee. Get daddy to demo a few times. My boy learnt from my hb. Hahaha. I also didn't bother training my boy till he was older coz he couldn't talk till 2.5yrs old.

How did your ptm go? Mine is still usual
complaints, he didn't wanna do work. Only like to read.
Now with H, so different. I'm always so surprised by her fast development.
 
toilet training

My MIL insists on toilet training Sam to save money on diapers. But her method is not very systematic. She goes "sssh shh ssh" when she feels like it. She says that if it coincides with Sam's peeing, then he'll know it's toilet training. Er... ???? *scratch head*

Anyway I gave up! Sam's with her 5 days out of 7, so I don't wanna kill myself then puke blood every day. I'll let her do whatever weird method she wants. And she blames me for not toilet training him! Ugh. Sanity wins for me hands down!
 
mashy, ha ha ha, ok I forgot that boys stand and pee. I'm too used to bringing up girls
happy.gif
I heard good comments about C from Teacher Shirley leh... like he is a smart boy, who reads well and better than the rest of the class. And he is considered to be one of the top 4 students in class. My PTM is ok, some slight improvement in Serene's behaviour. Previous complain is that she is very stubborn. But now seems better. I asked Mrs Tan about the HYPY. She says she was planning to teach in K2. But if everyone wants an enrichment class, then it won't be taught in K2. And also, all the teachers are changing this year, can only pray its not disruptive.
 
Mich

sure or not, he top 4? Teacher Shirley had to show me S's work to show how lag back he is in his writing leh. She says he's very knowledgable and smart but that's about it lor. And she said he's very dependent and will movr only when threatened or given ultimatum. When I said maybe wanna delay his pri sch one year, she also said maybe not bad idea. Sigh.
I saw S's work. So immaculate. My boy's is like trash. Now
I'm making him finish his Chinese writing which he didn't. complete most of it. I'm wondering how to get him to be self motivated.
 
mashy, yes, very sure. I asked Teacher Shirley her strategy for teaching, and she told me her class is divided into 3 groups. Top 4 students (of which C is one of them) = she will teach them more stuff since they have learning capacity. Middle 4 students = she will teach at normal K1 level. And the others = she has to backtrack to nursery level work.

Being knowledgeable and smart makes a big difference leh... he probably just needs some time to work on his fine motor skills. You were saying he is probably not motivated cos he can't write well. SO when his writing improves, he will also have the confidence to do his stuff. S is a girl ... and girls are always more immaculate in terms of work. I remember when I was in kindy, all the boys coloured out of the line but the girls will very carefully colour within the line.
 
Mich

both my hb and I agree that while C may be smart, he is eccentric. Even we don't understand him. He keeps behaving like he has a strong potential to be autistic. I keep having to assure myself that he isn't. Even his occupational therapist agrees that he is a little weird but still not considered autistic.
 
Mich

then I think the top few should prob include your gal, ren Cher and one more can't remember which one. Think they are in the same enrichment group with teacher Karen.
 
Mich

heheehee, I never asked such chim questions. Just things like can he cope etc. Dunno leh, she kept saying he is like worlds apart even with Keith who was born a few days earlier. Behaviour wise worse than the nursery kids. Sigh.
 
mashy, the ones in the same S&D class as C and S is Ren Cher and Keith. Dun be discouraged, what he needs is a little more time to get there, especially since he already has the brains!
 
mashy

I also sometimes wonder if Sam is autistic, the way he behaves
sad.gif
It's like he does whatever he wants, then doesn't respond when called or talekd to, & throws the most terrible tantrums when things don't go his way.

But as time passed, I gathered it's just a combi of ME & his bad temper :p
 
Mich

not really too. She's also very active and pp says she has endless energy. Hopefully she'll be better when she's older. But find she's more teachable.
 
Mich

was just talking to hb abt this. He said there was this joke abt the fat laughing at the stupid guy and said, 'I may be fat but I can slim down.' hahaha.

I hope he will mature a bit more. Still very childish and thinking is still very much of a 3-4 yr old. Definitely not like any of his peers. When I talk to my niece who is just 6 mths older, can really tell the difference. He is like a baby next to her. I dun understand why intelligence and maturity are not tied to each other. He is already reading beyond his age group but still behaves like a toddler. Sigh.
 
Jul

I think it may be a boy thing. Then again apparently there are more autistic boys than gals. Sometimes I wonder if there's a screw loose inside. Hahaha.

That's why I say, if I have another kid, I want a gal. I find boys are a different breed. They should probably be brought up by gorillas or some animal. I can't pinpoint what's wrong with my boy just felt he is so unusual. He can be sensitive like a gal then active and reckless like a boy, yet at times he's slow like a snail and I wanna whip him to hurry him. U know, he gets bullied by his younger sister more than the other round. His sister will smack him on the head if she doesn't get her way.
 
mashy

U're so funny! Gorillas indeed
happy.gif


Yeah! I also wonder sometimes whether there's something wrong with Sam. I'm most prob just paranoid but boys really do behave weirdly at times! The older generation say that boys are like that. They usu live in their own world, heck care abt their mums, are insensitive to our feelings, yet they're more timid than boys haha

Don't see Sam so tiger-tiger at home & with familiar people, he doesn't really terrorise other kids outside who bully him. In fact, he idolises older kids! faint...
 
bb, congats!!

mashy/mich,
yr preschool starting streaming so young? still got top 4? middle 4? :p

re: potty training
i intend to start this for my boy too but dunno how...haiz
 
celine, no there's no streaming in pre-school... its just that the teacher feedback that she divides her class to cater to their learning abilities. Faster ones they teach more, slower ones they slow down. This happens in every classroom... not very abnormal..

mashy, wow, H looks like she won't be bullied. That's good, you can "fang xin" when she gets to CC. She will know how to defend herself. Btw, is she going to CSL? Did Mrs Tan reserve a space for her?
 
Mich

oh have u met the new k2 English teacher? Teacher Lisa. First met her at caeden's birthday party and thought she's assistant teacher or temp teacher. So much for first impressions. Sigh. Hope she's a better teacher than she looks.
 
mashy, I told Mrs Tan maybe I'll send Isaac this July. But I'm still thinking about it. Now my FIL picks them up in his taxi, but my FIL will be retiring the year Joy is in K2. So maybe I shouldn't send Isaac there or I may not be able to pick them. So may want to find a nearer CC for Isaac.

I had a glimpse of teacher Lisa. The one with short hair and specs, is it? David says she is more "mature" than teacher ching eu.

What are your plans after H goes to CC? Go back to work?
 
Mich

that's still another 2 years more. Or u want to change once serene finishes k2? Do u have any near your place? I find their price too irresistable. Hahahah. C's therapy is costly so have to save on the cc. So long as no major complaints we'll probably let them stay there. This year starting a lot of enrichment for c too and my hb is already starting to nag abt cost. I gotta get some money from march.
 
I hv 3 tins of 900g Pediasure for sale as my boy change brand.

Letting go at $32 per tin but if u take all 3 tins then can sell at $30 per tin. Collection at buangkok mrt.

Vanilla favor expire Jan 2012 x2
Strawberry favor expire Sep 2011 x1

Serious buyer and no neg pls!!

Contact me via pm.. Thanks
 
Batam

Anyone broguth their babes to Batam? What to do abt the food & water huh? I know the water quality there's not great. Maybe I'll have to pack distilled water again! Gosh! But food wise?
 
sharon

Oh u're gog to Bintan?

I only brought Sam to Malacca when he was abt 9 mths old. I packed rice, rice cooker, food, distilled water & FBM there lor. Haha machaim like moving hse.
 
Jul

I brought my boy there when he was 18 mths. Ate the food there. Remember to bring mosquito repellant. Sticker no use. Get 'off' brand or the j&j one. Everytime I come back from there, I get fever which I suspect is dengue.
 



Back
Top