(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs


bobo,

his IFC give him 1 for breakfast.. i tink the initial reaction is dont like for new food.. after a while i tink they shld be okie.. Denson still can take it plain.. he dun like sweet stuffs.. i hope he continue like tat, next time no need to bug mi for chocolate.. haha..

keep properly in fridge is okie de. but dont keep for too many days though.

i tried giving denson chee cheong fun.. not bad, he quite like it too.. i give him, oil n light soya sauce only.. n i dilute the sauce then pour over the chee cheong fun.. he can eat 1 roll leh..

i m so happy, he is finally crossing e 10kg mark.. but my poor back.. i m still glad to carry him...
happy.gif
 
Talking abt toilet trained reminds me of the show 'jon & Kate plus 8'. They commented tht it is easier to toilet train girls than boys.

Maybe I'm lucky, hav a mil who is patient enough to help me with this.

By the way, I delivered on the 28nov. My birth story might sound funny. Haha looking back, I also find it amusing.

Missing my #1, aaden. He is staying with my mil. So sad, last night we went back to mil place to see him. He was already going to sleep but when he saw us was so happy. Think he thought tht can go home.
 
oh, i gave them tissue prate (or some called paper prata) the other day.. cos they dun really chew food that well.. so tot the flat flat de easier to eat. hmmmm~ thnx, will prolly try regular prata oso.

but arh.. all these, wkns still orite.. we can go buy. but wkdays.. quite difficult la. ):
 
joyce, congrts! so u doing confinement at ur own hs & ur boy staying wif ur in-law during this mth ah no wonder u miss him so much.
 
Donkeymani

think gals are really easier to toilet train. Hehehe. I picked poo and cleaned pee for 2 weeks for my boy. I thought I needed to do the same for my gal but apparently she understood the concept of toileting faster.
 
Hi,

I am looking for:

a) 2nd HAND RAINFOREST JUMPEROO.
b) BRILL KIDS FLASH CARDS

Please email me if you have 2nd hand jumperoo & Brill kids flash cards for sale. thanks.
 
Hi babyja : I guess it's the running nose that trigger his rashes ..hopefully by this week can subside. Cannot bring to infant care too
sad.gif
looks like he cannot have his 15 month jab this fri ...
 
Donkeymani

no la. Now still too young to go without Diaper when they sleep co their bladder is still too small. Even my boy still has to wear at night sometimes. Many of my friends' kids only totally diaperless about 4-5 years old. The day is easier to train and can train earlier.
 
bobo,
That's the thing lor .. those stuff can mostly give during weekends when go out. Normal days quite sian to go all the way to coffeeshop and buy, and he only eat abit nia.

Wanted to try pancake but din realise there's no premix de? Those available at ntuc still need to add milk and eggs .. abit mah fan. I thot i remembered doing pancake as a test when i was a Brownie, and i dun think i add in egg & milk. Anyone knows if there's a ready pre-mix pancake thing? Just add water can liao?

jul,
Hahaa .. ya, they r really like a sponge. Ovann surprised me just now by feeding coalie. I was giving him some french toast and while picking it up from my plate, he dropped a small pc on the sofa. I told him 'u've dropped some'. He picked it up, walked to coalie, muttered something and gave it to coalie. I was very very surprise cos no one has ever taught him to hand feed coalie, and i din tell him to give it to coalie too. Aaaww ... it just melts my heart to witness that moment.
happy.gif


But on another note, he's been throwing tantrums lately ... scream & shout when things dun go his way
sad.gif
Sianz ..
 
my boy still cant walk alone leh , he love to walk when we hold his hands but once I loose him he will stand there cry and call me support him . (he scare fall down )

How har to train he walk alone . he can only let go if he is on a mattress .
 
Karen

looks like he can walk alone just lack confidence. Perhaps u should build his confidence instead? Will he walk if he holds on to anything? Try giving him different things to hold and reduce the size till he's confident that he won't fall?
 
Mashy : yes can see he no confidence , yes he can walk alone when he hold on like wall or sofa .

sometime he will not hold and walk a 2 - 3step , and he will feel so happy and hug me .

HK Tour : Think of going HK next year before my boy reach 2 year old .
Do you are think shld I follow tour or free & easy better
 
Thanks! yah doing confinement at my own house. Aaden is at my mil place since I delivered.

It's so different. A toddler who is able to show his affections versus an infant who sleeps, drink and cries.

My hb was joking abt trying for a baby gal, told him off. Siao ah, talk abt this during my confinement.
 
karen:: if he's ok to walk on mattress.. let him walk to n fro on it more first.. may not be the correct way to train him to walk on his on.. but mattea started to pick herself up in the bed ard 10-11mths..den dash across the bed (although she had yet to try to walk on floor.).. then keona started to take her steps on the floor ard 11mths.. n abt 1-2wks latr, aft seeing the meimei taking few steps.. mattea dared to try on the the floor..n took even more steps than keona, n she started to run before keona did.

like mashy suggestions.. let him hold on to something, his comfort pillow/blanket/bolster/watever....

when u let go his hands n he started crying.. dun go immediately to pick him.... tell him to go towards u n u will give him a big hug? he will slowly gain confidence that him standing there..wun fall..n that him taking a few steps, will not fall..n will be in mummy's arms.. n slowly build even more confidence to take on more steps.
 
pegsfur

Aww.. so sweet! Ovann's feeding his jiejie haha

On a similar note, Sam's been driving me crazy lately with his vacuuming antics. He used to vacuum all the time, with an adult helping him to push the heavy vacuum cleaner ard. Now he's promoted himself to supervisor!

He will insist that I follow him & he'll point out the places that he thinks are dirty. I need to make the "voom voom" sound, VIGOROUSLY vacuum, have to hit the skirting a few times to show that I'm really getting into the corners. He even hiam when the vacuum cleaner is too far away n he'll go push it closer to show me that it shd be closer. And if it's too close such that the hose makes a loop, he'll pull it away n tell u that it must be done correctly! No skimping on vacuuming under the table, bed, curtains etc either. He'll point under the bed, under the table, into the corner, etc & ask me to do a gd job! And he'll only want me to do it, not the maid! My poor back!
 
bean

Hmm.. How abt putting ur babe on a carpet or playmat or those AC mats to walk? Then he won't be so afraid to fall down & hurt himself? Do u have a push walker? He could use it to support himself as he tries to walk?

breakfast

Hmm.. Sam only eats either bread with some cheese/butter.. or cereal if I can't get bread for breakfast. So boring hor? Oh if we go to Mac's on weekends, he gets hotcakes. That's abt it.
 
Aiyoh I bought a LOT of stuff tdy!

2 dresses, 1 pants, 3 pairs of earrings, & 1 PP pants! Gotta chop off my hands!
 
Jul

hahah, tis the season to be shopping.

I'm still waiting for my maidenform bras and benefit cosmetics from my overseas online purchases. I also wanna start buying clothes and shoes! Coz now close shop already, can change my wardrobe already.
happy.gif
 
I bought some frozen prata from NTUC and will heat up slowly over a wok.
end up very crispy and my boy can eat about 1/4. (consider very good cos he dont like to eat)

very good for breakfast or tea time.
happy.gif
 
jul
no need to chop off whole hand lah. just index finger on the right so cannot click on the mouse.
~ just kidding!

I misplace my dbs token... sian! cannot buy anything for the time being...
sad.gif
 
mashy

I shd wait for post-Xmas sale. But hand very itchy lah. Need some retail therapy to 'escape' from Sam haha

kiki

Haha nvm u can still use Paypal to shop haha
 
Jul : yes he like the push walker but we adult scare as my MIL and FIL cant take it to support him as they suffer backaching after "push walker training "

he enjoy we suffer hahaha
 
bean

Erm,.. u mean need adults to support the push walker? I thought it's very "not smooth", purposely made such that the wheels won't roll away very quickly with a push?
 
Karen

U mean u will hold his hands to hold the push walker? u should just let him fall a few times. I think maybe coz u all scared he fall down so he thinks falling is a scary thing. If u just ignore the falling and not so kancheong, he prob won't think too much abt it. Just step aside and let him do his stuff.
 
karen, why need to support him when he's pushing the walker? just be ard.. it's ok they fall..as long as not let go of hand n fall backwards...... try juz let him roam ard... n if he fall, let him pick himself up oso... he will gain confidence de. else everytime got ppl back him up...it will take awhile for him to hv confident to take on it himself. :)
 
mashy , fatbobo : he push super fast , I scare he whole body fall and face down leh . The wheel like very fast leh .
maybe the push walker is an 10 year ago as my neighbour pass down to me one . I scare my boy see so I hide it as I feel is very dangerous
 
hw abt paste some small bitz of blue tac or something to create some friction?

but really, the most, prolly is just be near..very near? but dun hold him.... dun let him rely on adults. even fall down oso ok de.. they are more shock resistent than we adults.
 
haha.. on second tot.... NO...
wait the blue tac stick to floor... cant push at all.

bahahha~ sorry.. me with my silly ideas!

but ya la... find smting to 'slow down' the torque?
 
bean

Cannot be leh. Sam has 2 push walkers which he actually didn't need coz he already started walking. It's super hard to push! If u push & let go, u will notice that it comes to a stop. I think u worry too much. The walker is made in such a way that when u press the weight down at a certain angle, it won't really move. To prevent the baby from falling.
 
jul : think my walker is 10 year old already so once push like dunno go whr or my boy dont know how to brake ? as if u stand still the walker also will move forward
 
bear/ cloudme,
Ok, i just went another ntuc outlet and found the pancake premix. Tks!

jul,
Hahahahaha .... sam is making me laugh with the vacuuming! He's so cute!!!! I know there are toy vacuum cleaners at kiddy palace .. dunno if sam can make do with it? I actually wanted to buy for ovann cos he also wants to help me vacuum these days. Maybe i'll get one for his x'mas pressie .. ha!
happy.gif


Bean,
I know wat u mean ... ovann's push walker is quite 'slippery' too. Like wat mashy say, u shld just let go and let him try. After falling a few times, he'll know how to 'adjust' his speed and strength le. And ya, ovann fell quite alot of times also
happy.gif
I think hor, maybe u r too protective lah .. heheh
happy.gif
 
BEAN
my boy's walker is super hand me down also. Someone pass to my sis and her son already primary 1, so at least 7 years old...
happy.gif

in the beginning my heart also nearly stopped when my boy push it. I'm also worried that he will fall forward but it had never happened till now. I can see that he will learn to control it with his back strength... so can help him to strengthen his back also.
 
thank all mummy : yes I really scare he fall forward and have "BAO " at forehead . He want control it by himself he keep pushing my hand away haha .

He push like no brake haha keep going forward . Ok I will try to put the wheel with something to have some fiction , hope this help
 
joycec,
share ur birth story...let us relive those days
hehee
happy.gif


bean,
ryan used the fisher price walker...its seems slippery initially, like keep going forward cos he dunno how to control the strength yet...just like him explore himself...once he grasp it then he will be able to control it
ryan fell so many times too

recently he had his first bad fall...abrasion n bleeding at his knees...but its ok...its part of the learning process
happy.gif
 
Karen

don't worry. Bao will heal. They are made hardy for such knocks. My children dunno how many knocks already. It's part of growing up. We can't protect them from all knocks else they will never grow up strong. I know some boys are more reckless than others but your boy seems very cautious, so don't worry. You will be surprised what he can do.

They learn to brake and it helps gain better control of their legs. My gal is now climbing all over and even getting onto the little tikes picnic bench by herself.
 
Joycec,
congrats.. i cant wait to pop manz.. simply dun miss carryin a big tum tum everywhere i go....

Jul,
kyler breakfast also v borin cereal nia cos tt the only way to make him drink more milk...
 
BEAN

Uh then i dunno liao. Coz sam's walkers dun seem slippery to me. But maybe coz he already knows how to walk? He spends quite a lot of time carrying the walker sigh

Dun worry abt bao lah. Sam has countless baos. Every nite i will take out my zam bak without fail. He doesn't seem too stupid yet haha.

PEGS

Fil bot him one of those toy vacuum cleaners. Initially he was quite happy with it. Then he got tired of it. Not sure whether it's coz he managed to tear the hose part out from the brush. Or coz it's too light n non-challenging?

He likes the magic clean wiper thing too. Anyone wants to hire pt maid? Discounted $8/hr coz underaged child labour so charge lower haha
 
I also use fisher price push walker .. Initially my boi also push forward very fast so afraid he fell I will tell Jin to piut both his hands on the handle with mine and I push with him then I slowly let him try his own to adjust his push strength .. I was with him all the time behind him in a "huggie" I go round both my hands protecting him from falling .. And now he can make turns on his own with one hand and another hand with mine
 


Babiesmeme

your boy also can't walk yet? Why are u still holding on the walker for him? My gal now runs with the walkers. Hahaha. she's so stable now there is no fear of her falling down. She also pushes her bro around in his scooter.
 

Back
Top