(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

jul:: i noe dat sort of feeling.... there was a (long long) period when both my girls just simply refuse me! not even to pat them!!!!!
very hurt! *ouch*

sharon:: thanks for checking it out (rgd tees)..will try to 'study' the designs n revert soonest.

joeey:: guess for u.. u had to carry your #1 first..den #2.. cos he's heavier n more stable.
for me..hehe...i oso owas (have to) carry both at same time..but at least their weights r quite equal..n size too..... but they girls will smtimes start to push eachother when their in my arms (n they r so strong!!!)...n that's super challenging le! often end up strained arms or back..cos hfta balance me..n them!
oh plus ur so small size... muz be tough for u eh?
 


jul,
the book on Bringing Up Boys can buy from bookshops like Borders, Times, MPH, Harris. i have another parenting book which i read - What to expect The Toddler Years - very useful too.
happy.gif


sharon,
thanks for coordination the Tees.

bobo,
i also dunno how to carry both, just force myself that i can do it, i think i bend my left knee, use my right leg to lift both up first, then straighten my left knee. at least, when they come up they dun push each other cos, they know Mummy not stable, wait they fall haha ...

Re: delivery
just read the archives, i also wana share my experience!! :p
my #1 was pulled out by foreceps, and i was so scared my #2 will also need foreceps that i kept pushing before my gynae came. When my gynae came, and was time to deliver, i really push hard and gynae said, got 1 more tear. It didn't bother me much as i was glad my #2 does not need foreceps.
 
pjpj,
for #1, my epi level was high and i didn't had the strength to push after 13 hours in the delivery ward. so gynae no choice, had to use foreceps. i remember the midwife was using her hands to push the baby out from my stomach :D

for #2, i told the nurse to reduce the epi level so that i can still move my legs abit and push. i was in the delivery ward for about 6 hours. no la, i'm not strong :p
 
joeey:: i duno.. for me... prolly cos im heavy n short..so weak knees.... i prefer not to put weight on either leg first..n stand up by pushing on another (leg). will hurt the knee de. n becareful, dun bend the waist..will get hurt oso.
try to squart..grab both.... n stand up with both legs.
 
joeey

There's this other book about "strong-willed child" by James C Dobson on Amazon. I think I need to read this! Hmm.. US$4.99 shipping. Worth or not?
 
Amazon

Er.. anyone bought books from Amazon before? How does the inetrnational shipping work? I just choose all the books I want, then ship directly to me (cheaper than shipping through vPost right?)?

Is there a max no of books when they will charge me the surcharge for bulky package?
 
bobo,
hmm, my left knee was quite painful ... okie, will try your method, squat and stand with both legs :p

jul,
i've never order through Amazon before, i ordered books from thebookpeople, i use vpost to ship. Now, the exchange rate is favourable to us , good time to buy online
happy.gif
 
Jul,
I jus bought the very same book for a fren for S$23 at a bookstore. If you are buying online,pls count me in,I want to buy another copy. Very good read.
 
hi morn,

<font color="ff0000">re:bhubu tees</font>
those interested pls email me by today
else i will just send in my own orders
thanks
happy.gif
 
mashy,
oic...your boy is borned in Jan 2006? My boy is borned in Oct 2005.

If your boy is in 2006 then delay lor but if in 2005 i think you shud not delay.
 
Celine

ya. He's Jan 06. I'll talk to his teachers at the ptm and see what they say first. When I last spoke to his English teacher, she said he can go with the group coz his reading skills are very advance. But now I wanna check his maths too.
 
mashy, if for me I would put him in 06 batch, he will be the advanced student in this batch rather you worried he will catch up with 05 batch.
 
Celine

that's why now we're thinking of delaying one year. But if we do that, I've to think what to do for his extra 1 yr. Can't keep him in the same sch else he thinks he's retained.
 
joeey, bobo

#1, #2 will fight for me. always wanna carry be the 1st to be carried in the morning. Usually #1 will win... poor #2. Sometimes I carry both at same time.
After so much "exercise", i realised i m losing weight.
 
Ladies,

Where can I bought not too expensive tricycle or cars that are suitable our toddler's age? went to kiddypalace but the models like a bit orbit kind.... cost $75.90 somemore....
 
happi,

u jus went festive hotel for your daughter's birthday? saw the pics in yr FB. is the family room v big? is it big enuff for 3 of us + grandma &amp; grandpa? thinking of bringin ethan there again. the other time we stay in normal room. i totally forgotten tat i've the genting card &amp; hv discount! my sil went &amp; only paid $200+! i paid $300+ for a twin room! stupid me.
sad.gif
 
sharon, thanks so much for organising. But the price really very steep now (saw on the BP its like $17) so think I'll give it a miss.

mashy, its a good idea to give C an extra year so that its less stressful for him. If I can choose, I would give S another year also... I would rather not stress her.
 
mashy,
actually he is not delaying 1 year lah, he advanced too early...else you put him in another preschool for K1? or put him in montessori where he can progress according to his learning pace and learn new things?
 
mashy: he may be advanced now wth his classmates, but dunno how he will be if he's kids from 2005...

Zen: giant has cheaper ones, not bad too.. i spent $79 on my girl's tricycle.. now she rather push it then sit... waste money. haha
 
Celine

actually by default he is with 05. We need to explain to moe later if we delay by one year.

Babys
it's compared with the 05 batch. If compared with 06, it's even more advanced already. I think not many in the 06 batch can even read. He is now going thru the dictionary. That's why I wanted him with the earlier batch at first coz he can judging
from his English capability and I want him to learn more when he is younger rather than later play catch up.

Mich
not much diff in terms of stress I feel. It's just stress now or later. Coz the pri sch syllabus is very advanced. The good thing is he will try so long as he gets praised. He's now making very good progress with his speech and he has been practising by himself. I'll talk to his teacher again on the maths part and see if it's normal progress. His Chinese has also improved since I sent him to berries and he can finally read a Chinese book just now. After some praises, he wanted to read more.

I dun think I will send him to Montessori coz it's more play based and not what he needs now. He needs more self discipline and able to complete work by himself.
 
mashy~~~
muah ~~~ i am oso starting to get stressed for my #1.. he is turning 4 at feb next year.. cannot even trace a line... a-b-c oso always mixes them up.. argghhh i dun wanna think of addition until he figure out his 1-2-3. arggh.. i think the onli thing he is good in.. is talking non-stop.. and creating his own story.. but all these are not going to help him in pRi One..n i think he lived in his own world....

eg.
SOMEONE and anyone "what is your name?"
him' i am a bird" or watever thing he fancied at that moment..can be a airplane..medicine, girl. mummy. pig. whatever.
and i often have to tell that someone and anyone.. "ohh he is just imagining himself to be a xxxxx "
 
Morning all.

My son got 3 scratches on his face from school yesterday and when i asked him who did it, he said "Caden". When i called the school, the teacher told me this boy wanted to snatch his toy and my son refused so he scratched my son. When i asked if that boy was Caden, the teacher said yes. Hmm, initially, i still thought my boy anyhow say a person's name ...

I was glad the teacher knew what happened so now they try to separate Caden and my son, just in case ...
 
smurfy,
i think kids learn very fast. they know their names, just that they want to test your reaction, if they say something else ?
maybe each time he reply different, you can correct him by saying " My name is ... " Then ask him again, "What is your name ?"
 
i tried to teach my son to remember our names, in case he gets lost in shopping centers or what, he can tell the guards his parents' name, ya, i'm a wierd mummy ... :p

What is ba ba's name ? "Edwin"
What is mei mei's name ? "Edeline"
What is mummy's name ? ... Mother Pig ...

*faint*
 
mashy,

wow, your son can remember telephone numbers and home address ah ... good memory!

i dunno who teach him, i was reading the 3 little pigs story to him almost every night for the past few weeks, so maybe he associates me as Mother Pig. We try to correct him by saying my name again but sometimes he still forgets :p
 
Smurfy

when my boy was 3.5 he also
couldn't trace a line and he couldn't speak very well. But he knew his abc, shapes and numbers very well. I guess each has their talent.
 
joeey: sorry i couldnt help but laugh at what he said ur name was..

i think he knows lah, just that he doesnt want too...
 
smurfy, think your boy is still too young for addition? I didn't try teach my girl that until she was in half way through K1 and even then she didn't quite get it at first... they need to be able to understand the concept of how numbers relate to each other before they can do addition.

mashy, I have no idea what they are teaching for maths in school. I suspect they are not teaching enough. But I have to agree that teacher Karen's speech and phonics class is very good. I feel that S has made progress in reading and speech as well.
 
Mich

I also think so. Maybe coz teacher didn't teach that's why he doesn't know. He's actually very good with numbers that's why all along I thought he would hv no prob with it. I'm goin to ask them during ptm. Apparently they are still not going to teach hypy in k2 next yr. It has beccome under enrichment. I suspect wang laoshi doesn't know hanyu pinyin.
 
mashy, no hypy in K2??? That's bizzaire! When they reach P1, they will be doing ting xie in hypy. If they dun learn in K2, they won't be able to catch up. I'm definitely gonna bring it during PTM. Under enrichment, meaning they will start an enrichment class for hypy?

Is berries teaching hypy?
 
mich
of coz he's too young for addition... 1-2-3 oso dunno... 5 becomes SI(4 in chinese). *pengz*

for #2, i am starting her to doodle when #1 colors kekek.. the advantages of #2.. earlier exposure
 
Talking abt teaching them their own name.
Im also teaching Nat to pronounce her name..
I will ask her, "whats your name?" and she will reply " Dat Dat " instead of Nat Nat...so funnie..
sometimes she will add in "Ah" in front..she loves to say things with "ah" in front, so singaporean..hahahahaha...

Massage Cushion,

Previously some of you were mentioning about this back massage pad/cushion...forgot which brand did you all buy and how much was it ?
Thanks..
 
Mich

ya, the hypy was labelled under desired enrichment for next year. Going to confirm if it will be taught. Yes, berries will teach from 2nd term. If u wanna sign up, better call already coz got long waitlist.
 
mashy, S is already attending a hypy class since July this year. I couldn't get her into Berries so I signed her up for this other class in AMK. So far, its been ok, so dun think I will change for now as she is familiar with the teacher and its quite reasonably priced too.

Regardless I feel that hypy should be taught as part of the standard K2 syllabus. I will ask about it as well.
 
Mashy &amp; Mich

I also get to know most of the K2 doesn't teach hypy. That way when they move to Pri 1 they have a hard time on that.... My frd's gal actually had a hard time copying with it.
 
Hi Mummies, I have some baby weaning food to let go.

1) Nestle Graduates Puff (Peach)
Each: $6.00
Buy two at: $10
4813225.jpg


2) Nestle Cerelac (Rice &amp; Mixed Vegetables)
Each: $4.00
Buy two at: $6
4813226.jpg


3) Nestle Cerelac (Brown Rice)
Each: $5.00
Buy two at: $8
4813227.jpg


Further offer: Buy all 6 items above at $20.

Interested Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
 



Back
Top