Piggy,
Thanks. Will check out both kindy. I've a tough time looking for good christian kindy. so far only know of CGM at cck. the rest are like catholic kindys.
Sweetmama,
If you put yr kid in CC, then dun need nanny already rite? the money to nanny can go to CC instead.
RE: Child's Development
Actually I think it also depends on kids. My sil's son is taken care by her inlaws & attends a normal playgroup. He can speak very well before 2 years old. He can even read story books & memorise stories & rhymes without his parents forcing him to memorise. He just read & remember. My sil also just sending him to PCF kindy next year even though both parents are high income earners. This boy's fren even more amazing. He can speak v well at 18mths. I saw him at my nephew's 1st birthday & was amazed.
I know of another girl who is turning 3 yrs old next year. She's still speaking like a baby. Couldn't make out what she says at all & next year she's going to school. I heard from her mum that her son was also like tat. Only started talking confidently & more after he went to school. Now he's even better than his peers.
I think whatever we're giving the kids now, is just to let them have an earlier headstart. It doesn't mean that they'll be far more intelligent than their peers. I read somewhere that those children who dun have an earlier headstart in academic will still be able to catch up with their peers when they reach certain age, some even better than those who attend enrichment since young.
I've seen parents making the kids attend classes all day long, 7 days a week, hoping their kids will be those top scholars one day. In the end, it backfires. The kid couldn't cope & did very badly. Some kids couldn't handle emotionally & mentally & break down; having social problems & parents still dunno.
I think everything in moderation is the best. Just do whatever you think is good for them & don't get too caught up in the kiasu syndrome of s'poreans.