#03-09/10 Harbourfront Centre

Date: 2nd May
Time: 5pm-5.45pm
Minimum pax: 8
Maximum pax: 15

Play & Learn 2 (Trial fee: $40.00)
Class Description:
- Enjoy playful "baby games" and songs
- Children learn cause and effect and discover how to make things happen for themselves
- 45mins play sessions

Will confirm with u gals when to make payment

1) baby ja
2) sharon
3) janice (if end of may, pls exclude me)
4) sandy dee
5) babys (but if sundays b4 1pm, may not be able to make it, will be in church at AMK)
6) jul
7) Sophia (Fine anytime, preferably sundays)
8) fatBobo + baby Mattea ([email protected])
9) fat hb of fatBobo + baby Keona ([email protected])
10) Patricia ([email protected])
11) zen ([email protected])
12) Puroland ([email protected])

Gymboree Play & Learn 2 Trial class
1 Maritime Square

Play & Learn 2 (Trial fee: $40.00)
Class Description:
- Children learn cause and effect and discover how to make things happen for themselves
- 45mins play sessions

1) baby ja
2) sharon
4) sandy dee
5) babys (but if sundays b4 1pm, may not be able to make it, will be in church at AMK)
6) jul
12) Puroland

BabyS, my girl didnt cry in the nights but she is teething. Saw white white thing emerging from the front bottom left.
happy.gif
I hope she is alright. I've no chance to use the teething tablets yet.

Jul/claire,
now my gal is using iliadin from pd too. with this she can sleep better in the nite. maybe clear a bit of blocked nose

pris> baby so young 7mths can visit beach? keke. my boy got flu recently. doc say dun let him catch cold agn. scare beach too cold for him =p

kiki,
mine is oso a make up class so i am just submitting my name. so not paying you right. mas from kindermusik knows abt this.

Kindermusik trial class
Tanglin Mall Studio
163 Tanglin Road
#03-11B Tanglin Mall
Singapore 247933

Date: 9th May, 1pm

Min pax: 6
Max pax: 12
Price: $30 (there should be a bit of discount, will inform soon)

1) kikilala + boy
2) babys + girl (but if sunday i cannot make it leh.. got church. count me in if u rearrange for saturdays or sunday afternoons after 1pm..)
3)janice + boy
4)peg17 + girl
5)
6)

peg, claire

pd gave me something to drop into the nose. dun think it's iliadin but guess it's something similar. prob is, sam will turn his head left n right n keep avaiding it. so i either misaim into his eye, or end up on the cheek, or squirt too much into the nose n make him choke. sigh.. <font color="ff0000">any tips on how to apply nose drops???</font>

<font color="aa00aa">thanks everyone, for all the concern. hope sam can get well soon. can feel that he's significantly weaker n less active than normal.</font>

Gymboree Play &amp; Learn 2 Trial class
1 Maritime Square

Play &amp; Learn 2 (Trial fee: $40.00)
Class Description:
- 45mins play sessions

1) baby ja
2) sharon
4) sandy dee
6) jul
12) Puroland
13) pegsfur ([email protected])

BB: Maybe my baby's wierd, but she drinks from a cup. I think she feels that bottles/sippy cup the flow too slow. She's breastfed, so for her now it's either open mouthed cup or boob. Good thing about cup is that she'd drink very fast.
Sunshine: Was in Manila. If u're in LA - presume no helper? Isn't it very xiong? I was maid-less for awhile, super busy, no time to come online.
Pris: Where're u now?
Jul: I also had trouble w nose drops. I'd get my helper/hubby to hold my baby still (she'd scream of course) and just drop into her nose. Sometimes she'd choke, but no choice leh.. i always tell myself after that she'd feel better.

Jean, in Sydney. My boy is tbfd also but he loves to drink from straw. Ok. I need to go prepare dinner and later teach my 6 yrs old to bake swiss rolls.

parenthood
Mummies, thanks for sharing your views/experiences and encouragement.

U know, i was never really into kids and motherhood and i was the type who doesn't know how to coo &amp; go googoo gaga over babies. In fact, i relate better to dogs than to babies, becos i know the huge responsibilities and sacrifices i have to make if i were to have a kid. This sort of explained why it took me abt 7 yrs after marriage to agree to have a child. It was after my 2nd miscarriage that made me yearn so much for a bb. And so now i have Ovann, i think i shld just concentrate on giving him the love &amp; care he needs
happy.gif

sunshine g
Hey, really appreciate your encouragement
happy.gif
A mother taking care of her child is such a 天经地义 thing that no one wld expect a word of encouragement or to be told that i've done a good job. You really boost my morale and i guess i just have to work on it
happy.gif

jul
Hope sam feels better. For me, Ovann actually keeps quite still when i drip the nose drop for him leh, so no problem with me. How abt u give him his fav toys to distract him?

Kiki,

count me in for the trial class at kindrmusik.

Kindermusik trial class
Tanglin Mall Studio
163 Tanglin Road
#03-11B Tanglin Mall
Singapore 247933

Date: 9th May, 1pm

Min pax: 6
Max pax: 12
Price: $30 (there should be a bit of discount, will inform soon)

1) kikilala + boy
2) babys + girl (but if sunday i cannot make it leh.. got church. count me in if u rearrange for saturdays or sunday afternoons after 1pm..)
3)janice + boy
4)peg17 + girl
5) april + boy
6)

peg/babyS/Janice
I called up kindermusik, they have slots for trial this sat and sun at varies timings. can call them at 64671789 to arrange directly.

since not so many people can make it on 09May, then I wont arrange for the private trial...
I'm going out of town after this weekend and the earliest available weekend for me is 09May.

peg/ janice/ april: then do we wanna continue to arrange for a private trial then? i have about 3 friends who might be interested in going also.

kiki: how do we go about arranging for a private class with kindermusik?

actually i dont mind a later date, as long as not sunday..

pegsfur

planning for number 2??

i was thinking after all the hassle and the problems my mom's been giving me... im stopping at number 1. Before i had trisha, i nv thought wad kinda mom id make. I presumed id jus pass my bb to nanny/mom to take care n carry on my carefree happy life with husband. Turned out? I wanted to be in bb's every single milestone and i cant really live 1 day not seeing her. She's constantly on my mind everyday.

Im not sure if anyone of u have experienced such feelings... Having brothers and feeling neglected being a girl. My mom's bias-ness is quite "open" and.. its cos of her that i told myself. In future, regardless if my bb is a girl/boy, id really wan to give her my 101% love n concern. Recalling bk, i dont even think i rem the last time my mom gave me a kiss/hug. THat's hw bad it is..But she can cry when my brother left to Australia for studies, praise them as if they're angels and all. I felt deprived of motherly love when i was younger. I feel like they raised me to not want to be like them. Im extremely loving n affectionate to my little girl cos i feel, there is no such thing as inequality in my world. No matter if she's a girl/boy, it doesnt make a difference to me.

Ironically, my mom told my brother..."if u give birth to a boy i'll sure b very happy"

(There we go again....)

jul> wat i do is usually hubby will one hand hold babies both hands. de other hand clip his head in btw hubby's hands n body, den i faster drop into his nose. everytime my boy c my hubby catch him, he knows de nose drop coming, than will scream liao. haha. very funny =x

pris> haha. hubby oso say wan bring my boy to suntan. cos my boy is so fair. he is olways being mistaken as a gal when we go out. pple will ask. how big is ur gal. grrs -_-

pegsfur
I'm like you... even after delivering my boy, I told my hb that I miss my doggie in the hospital. I'm not immediately going totally crazy over bb when he arrived, when my boy needs to be hospitalized for jaundice, my hb wanted to cry and I told him that he is over-reacting! But I guess motherhood is slowing growing into me now.
happy.gif

I'm reminding myself constantly now that I cant get too attached to my boy. i dont want to turn into those MIL that we so often discussed abt. :p

babys
just need to call kindermusik and inform them that you are interested to arrange for private trial. no.: 64671789

any babies from 6M to 15M can join.

kiki and pegsfur: I am the opposite.

I've always loved babies.... as for pets.. hmm, ok lor.

When my husband wanted to adopt a rabbit, i remember telling him "Cookie (the rabbit) is yours, i will only play with her once in a while.."

In the end, i am the one more kan cheong, i play more with her, i buy the food and treats and i am the one who insists on bringing Cookie to the vet when she shows any sign of being unwell.

Needless to say, I was the most upset and affected one when Cookie died. when Cookie got really sick when i was on 2nd week of confinement, i didnt care about how tired i was, the large amount of lochia i was having, or even my daughter (which i left to my mum), i just know i wanna get cookie to get help ASAP and brought her to the vet. The vet see my tummy, thought i was in early trimester, still advise me not to walk too much. She was so shocked when i told her i just gave birth last week.

When she died that day, i was so so distraught!! thank God I didnt go into depression or blame shayna for taking attention away from cookie..

ALAMAK!!!

i just called kindermusik... they said they are only conducting private trial classes util the end of this month!!! no more 1hr slots available after that to arrange for trial....sigh..

but we can still sign up for trial classes on our own. 45 mins, $30 one parent per child.

sophia
I'm not so sure leh ... now that i'm taking care of Ovann all by myself, i dunno how to cope if i'm preggy now,u know, all that morning sickness, heartburn and tiredness. But the other side of me wants to have a no.2 so that he/she can keep ovann company. And if i want, i need to do it fast cos i'm already 34.

kiki/
Hahaa .. same! I made arrangements to have my mum or sis to take care of my dog while delivering bb. And my sis will constantly send me mms of my dog, showing wat is she doing rite now.

Ya, maternal love is definitely growing now but to be honest, i feel that i still dun hv that kind of bond with ovann compared to with my dog leh :p It's kinda strange.

baby s
I remembered when u talked abt cookie when she passed away in facebook. I was still thinking if u'd go into depression but thank goodness u didn't. I'm not sure if i'd be that strong if i were u.

Jean,
I tried to give my girl the avent mug but she doesnt know how to drink from it. It has been one month, maybe I can try again and see if she can drink from it. Your girl drinks very fast from cup? Hmmm...

sophia
luckily i grew up in a family of 4 sisters, but I fully understand the "Male bias" treatment as my grandma and my aunty are like your mum.

looking as an "out-sider", sad thing I noticed is that my grandma and aunty dotes so much on their sons but in the end they have to also see the "face colour" of the DIL. I've also no doubt that their DILs have a lot to complain about them too!

just to side track abit...
My MIL told me today that I should sacrifice my job/career! how to response to such selfishness... she only think of her son.

pegsfur

Oh my, it's hard right? *pat back* i tried taking care of trisha alone for 4mths, subsequently, i really wanted to strangle myself. Cos when i fell sick, its really TOUGH to look after yrself and the baby, so i totally und hw hard it is. U get deprived from gg out with frens, movies with hubs or shopping for clothes, etc etc

u had morning sickness? I suffered appetite loss thou. I shrank to 42kg ironically.. Yeah, the tired-ness is a killer. i hated it.. i told my hubs i felt breathlessly tired constantly. i really "pei-fu" those ppl who can still work whilst preggy.

Yup, mus plan fast. rabbit yr and dragon yr very "HOT"

im gonna put baby-making-plans on hold... I got gestational diabetes that time. ITS A PAIN. at age 23 i have to do that eeky prick finger test and the horrendous sugar-syrup drink test. And i technically had yeast infection from start till the end of pregnancy.

*shakehead*

better not think of number2.

night-marish for me.

kikilala

To b honest, i jus started my first job in November..and similarly..my MIL has told me a few times, "dont work la..stay home and take care of the baby"

I totally und how u feel.

pegs: yeah ... thank God i didnt ... everyone around me so worried i'll go into depression... plus my milk supply then was so pathetic.

i dare not think about 2nd one now.. i cannot imagine going thru morning sickness (even though my MS was only extreme tiredness) and manage shayna...

BB: maybe try again slowly lor.. i bought the pigeon magmag cup for my daughter. she was only one the stage 1 teat for a month then move onto step 2 (sprout) after that. Maybe she likes water, or maybe the teat soft.. what do u put into the bottle? water? milk? juice?

I dare not move onto the straw though i know she can, cos i am sure she'll bite the straw and use as teether.

General Statement

Im nt sure if u all will feel this way. But, i feel in the oldern days, cos of the CHUAN ZONG JIE DAI purpose, pple generally prefer having BOYS that some literally gave-away/dumped baby girls.

But, these days.....

Girls = After getting married still close to their NIANG JIA, ability to do household chores, take care of bb and work, will still dote on parents

Boys= Generally cant do household chores, complain bout lifting finger to do anything, more attached to wife and kids after married, lesser tendency of wanting to care for the elderly/spend time with them

I wonder if its bcos boys are more spoilt? Or its inculcated in them that all they do is bring the bacon home n no need to do household choreS?

N nw with our even MODERN day, we WOMEN are made to split bills cos we work.. likett household chores can split also nt huh?

when is dragon yr huh?

I am planning to.... avoid that year! sure very stressful to get space in school lor...

my friend (whose kid is one), already applied for her son to be on the nanyang kindergarten waiting list! aiyoh..

sophia: yes! split chores also!

unless they dont generate dust/ hair/ skin cells, dont use the toilet, dont require clothing to be washed, etc...

baby ja,
can suggest spilt into 2 classes? I would prefer both parents to go in as well..i can only email u tonite cos i accessing forum using Hp now

Sophia,
my mum worse I got no bro n my mum is the Bo chAp kind can u imagine since k1 I was expected to go home on my own n my mum can cook 1 meal when we wan simply heat up on our own for all 3 meal lor den she nv bother to cook food we like she only cook food she like n told us if we dun like can dun eat
sad.gif

I tel u workin mother worse lack of sleep n everyday gotta drag ourselves to work despite feelin extremely tired...

kiki,
sigh some mil r like tt lor only tink of their own son .. Mine opp they love to take care of my son so v encouraging to ask
me continue workin... But if my hb can afford I rather dun
work leh..

Pegsfur,
I wan #2 leh but I hate pregnAncy n confinement on the other hand I scare I might needto ttc v long again 4 #2
sad.gif

BabyS, I put water inside the mug. I'll try the mug soon. I tried the straw, she can suck a little but no time to let her practise.

About MIL.
After reading some ladies' stories about their MIL, I feel like going back and give my MIL a big hug &amp; kiss... ... some of my friends only have one child cos they couldnt stand their PIL.

porridge or cereals?

hi mummies, just wondering..which is more nutritious? i started off at 6 mths with plain cereals. then introduced porridge with simple ingredients such as potatotes, carrots, fish, spinach.
ever since my baby started on porridge, i have not touched the tin of cereals!
should i alternate or is it ok to feed porridge for all meals?
cos i feel that cereals don't taste as nice as porridge....

Sophia,
haha not all man r like tt la my hb took initiative to do all housework n he is filial to his parent n I am the 1 who not close to my own parent n I seldom go back 1 so I tink it the environment n culture in 1 family how u bott up ur BB
happy.gif

Deebee,
I gVe both leh cos cereal got iron, probiotic etc while porridge dun have so the nutrient value diff..

Sophia,
ya lo my childhood v chiam 1 haha tt y I married quite early also even my mil treat me much better than my own mother lo.

jul

hope your boy gets well soon. My gal is also sick. flu and fever. Her nose is constantly drippy and blocked. Poor thing. But unlike Sam, she's still so active. She just destroyed my boy's train setup and made him cry.

piggy

well, there's always a worse mother. :p

My mom never cooked for us. We were to go downstairs and buy our own food. From young, we lived on chicken rice. We (me and my bro) went to watch movies on our own. When my bro &amp; I had accidents, she was nowhere to be found. I remembered how i bled the whole afternoon from my head until the blood on my shirt dried up before she came home from her gambling sessions. I had nowhere to go then coz she left me at the playground alone and I sat at the mamashop downstairs to wait for her to come home. When she came back, instead of comforting me, she scolded me for getting into trouble and possibly getting her into trouble with my dad. I'm pretty glad that she's no longer around else I think I'll have no end of trouble.

While I disliked my interfering MIL, she was at least a good mother to my hb and I respect her for that.

Back