(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Dolcevita,
Wow, next time you must inform me if there is collection in punggol plaza. haha...cos it is very near for me too.

Anyone planning for playgrp for Punggol/Sengkang or the "far east" mummies? But i can only make it during weekend cos i'm a FTWM.

Reira,
Have fun with house planning. TIring but fun. Looking back those days, it was damn exciting looking for appliances, furniture, lightings, decorative stuff.

Even when i dont adopt the baby led weaning, i am cleaning aaden like mad while feeding. he will get it all over his mouth, on the ikea high chair cos he likes to "bite" the sides.

Mummies,
Seems like i have not been "working" hard. I do not really blend the porridge or any other stuff that aaden takes. What we do is chop the veg finely and cook it for long is ok leh. WHat we do with fish now is that just mash it with teh spoon and it is fine. he likes the canto congee type of porridge.

Fruits wise, i have not been very adventourous. At this moment, pear, apple and papaya. So all these i do it by the spoon leh...:p

Re: Egg pudding

Dolce, i m ordering.. picking it up from her place directly.. shld b pickin it up on fri.. inviting some friends over on sat.. u wan i can pick up for u n send it to ur hse ah... let me know k..

ordering more next week for another grp of friends.. i haven finish my hsewarming for various grp of friends.. haha..

reira

haha, baby led weaning is messy. i only let my gal do that with toast. i've switched to the ikea chair for feeding. Also gave up like u. :p i use the jane activa for day activities like showing flash cards and sing songs. Think it'll be more useful later when convert to table and chair.

The sofa actually cost $180. Then 20% off. add $50 for delivery. It's heng suay lah. Sometimes u can get good sofas but sometimes not so lucky left the old ugly ones only.

Puroland: my bb has been sleeping with us ever since he got a high fever two weeks ago. Now he has recovered my hub could not bear letting him sleep alone in cot haha my bb now loves to sleep side and sometimes head pointed downwards scare he cannot breathe kiasu parents we hehe

Joycec,

If you are keen, can let cookies ( the seller ) know your orders, so that if there are enough orders for collection, she will inform you guys... =)

Reira the high chair very chio (pretty) le .. Now I having ikea high chair usually I got a very large plastic bib to cover bb whole body then not so messy

babiesmeme: we tried to let her sleep between us but she will sleep with the 大 shape then end up me and hb no space...kekekek.... sometimes she move so much that she "slap" us with her hands and legs! hahhaha

reira> i love crab. in fact i wanan eat crab now!! yummmm

joyful> where u stay? maybe can pickup from u instead =x or where is tat person who sellin the egg pudding's hm

puroland,
i let bb sleep with us on my bed cos he wakes up alot of time if he sleep cot..but he really take up alot of space...my king size bed become single bed! Haha

re: gathering
anyone interested? Preferences?
fat bobo suggest 11th
el nino suggest weekdays
im free on 10th lunch or tea

reira,
ur new house near mrt? Yeah..u b nearer to me liao!

pris,
thanks..he is better but need test again to confirm the food causing the allergy
any advice on e veg i posted? Thanks

felicia,
thanks..i also blur..dunno which one safer esp my boy so allergic
sad.gif

Heng i neva buy wean machine, was thinking bout it

sharon
other than 10th, 11th is ok too but weekday will be preferred since alot of mommies are working, are you back working already.

joyful,

you can check out the meltz ice cream too. i had it at a friend's place. it is pretty nice, tasted the guava ice cream. Didn't know tht they sell it here at BP. Plus it has delivery, prehaps good for your housewarming?
happy.gif

We should get together some day since we stay in punggol as well. Bring our boys out to play. haha...last week, i so sian that i brought my boy out to compass point since HB was out with friends. haha...

Gin,
when i go out with bb i will go to wheelchair toilet but with bb in stroller :p

<font color="ff0000">Re: baby day out</font>
babymaking,
i will be out of town on 17 Apr so have u register for me? can transfer? any 1 wan to take over my slot?

Reira

Thanks for the recommendation! i bought the Thermos Foogo already. Lucky there was 20% off.. made from BPA materials.. its so nice!

hi joy
have emailed you the template, please fill it in. you may like to liase with piggytoh with regards to payment as piggy needs to cancel her booking.

Piggy
luckily not yet, as today was out the whole day. could you please liase with joy about pymt. so she pay you instead of paying me?

el-nino/fat bobo
sure, there's space available, you can email me and i will forward the template and pymt details to you, but <font color="ff0000">please email/tsf payment by tuesday 3pm latest.</font>

weishy
not a problem, will take your name off the list. hope you settle your moving issues soon.

jul
rec yr pymt and details but details incomplete, have sent you another email for details.

Gin/sandy
rec both of yours in good order.

reira
nice furniture shops to consider XZQT, barang barang, when they have warehouse sales. cellini also has very good buys esp living room furniture.

pris
yeah suddenly a lot of events. in jun there will be another baby fair at expo.

felicia
thks for that info abt the weaning machine, was tempted to get it.

i think the best buy i got was the philips steamer/blender - used it regularly, for preparing food for ZAC, being able to steam and blend it in one go (without having to trasnfer the food and take out more kitchen appliances) is a real breeze. and you can control the texture of the food by controlling the blending by doing it in spurts, so ZAC don't get puree all the time.

the only complaint i have is that there is no timer and it doesn't auto off, so have to buy a timer.

metro is having a promotion, $199 including some avent freebies, think it's the avent via storage cups. still a very good buy.

<font size="+1">Baby's Day out Event </font>

$12 per family

Get a Baby Bag filled with goodies worth more than $100 with every registration!

Entry requirements - have a baby that's 12 months or below 12mths old

Event details
Date: 17 April 2010
Time: 2pm – 5pm
Venue: The Little Skool-House At Tampines-Junction

It's Baby’s Day Out! Look forward to talks by a pediatrician and a child development expert.

What’s more, develop your baby’s cognitive ability and motor-skills through our hands-on activities at the gathering!

Highlights:
Talk: ‘A Strong and Healthy Child’
by Dr Ang Ai Tin, Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist, Thomson Medical Centre
Talk: ‘Importance of relationships to infant and toddler development’ by Dr Melinda Eng, Senior advisor, Curriculum, NTUC First Campus
*Baby crawling contest
*Photography sessions for babies and families
*Learning &amp; Developmental Toys Corner
*Exercise with Baby
*Chopsticks Oriental Healing Massages (for daddy and mummy)
*Craft Activities (for baby’s older siblings)

Those keen to go, pls leave down your name, and email address (i will email you the information required for registration)
1) babymaking
2) mystifiedjan - [email protected] - rec pymt
3) el-nino -
4) gin oh - [email protected] - rec pymt
5) sandy dee- [email protected] - rec pymt
6) eboey - [email protected] - rec pymt
7) joyful - ? previously piggytoh - rec pymt
8) Cheerybabe - [email protected] - rec pymt
9) jul - [email protected] - rec pymt, short details
10) Juliet - [email protected]
11) puroland - J***@gmail.com - rec pymt
12) DolceVita - [email protected] - rec pymt
13) Lina - ck***@yahoo.com - rec pymt
14) Reira - na***@msn.com - rec pymt
15) Fat bobo -

Still waiting payment from
Juliet - [email protected]

AND new registration
el-nino
joyful (details only)
fat bobo

<font color="ff6000">Anyone else keen? do let me know and tsf pymt by latest tomorrow before 3pm</font> Thanks

thank u babymaking..

Baby's Day out Event

$12 per family

Get a Baby Bag filled with goodies worth more than $100 with every registration!

Event details

It's Baby’s Day Out! Look forward to talks by a pediatrician and a child development expert.

What’s more, develop your baby’s cognitive ability and motor-skills through our hands-on activities at the gathering!

Highlights:
by Dr Ang Ai Tin, Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist, Thomson Medical Centre
Talk: ‘Importance of relationships to infant and toddler development’ by Dr Melinda Eng, Senior advisor, Curriculum, NTUC First Campus
*Baby crawling contest
*Exercise with Baby

Those keen to go, pls leave down your name, and email address (i will email you the information required for registration)
1) babymaking
3) el-nino -
15) fatBobo - [email protected]

i will trf to u tmr cos i left the tokens in the offc. thanks thanks thanks agn..

oh yes,mystified Jan and dolce
just realised that both of you did not state whether your babies are joining in the baby crawling contest. Do let me know if yr babies are participating.

so far we have 3 babies taking part - karen, reira &amp; sandy's babies

looking forward to cheering them on, my zac is still not crawling!!!

mashy
yeah, it will be more useful as a table and chair. living my boy on his high chair is good also cos i wont worry he might fell down if struggle. ikea one looks very fragile. dont think i can leave him alone in the high chair and walk away.

sharon
yup my new place is near mrt. roughly 10mins away.

babymaking
Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have any idea roughly around when XZQT and barang barang is having warehouse sales?

Reira,
i went to XZQT be4 even durin sales also quite ex wor... i bott mine from sea house the price quite reasonable wor.. u can go check check..

el nino,
im back at work...if u all meeting during weekdays n near my office, i can pop by for a short while
happy.gif

reira,
oh..good good...next time i join ur spree then i can collect myself liao
happy.gif

joycec,
my hb also got company function on tis sat 10th, so i tot of bringing ryan to meet aug babies
ryan gets v excited when he sees other babies...tink he will enjoy playing wif them!

piggytoh,
ok thanks. is it sea horse? i am planning to buy the storage bedframe. super cheap and good haha

sharon,
this time's spree u can also collect mah. i will frequent admiralty once my renovation starts. prolly weekend will go also (with hubby).

Reira,
hahah ya sorry typo... i bott a half leather half PVC big L-Shaped sofa only $700+ the small 1 i tink ard $500-600 outside half realleather all v ex wor.. those 699-899 mostly PVC material.. which is v hot so when u buy be careful
happy.gif

re: gathering
happy.gif

anyone interested? Preferences?

fat bobo suggests 11th b4/after kindermusik
el nino suggests weekdays next week
joycec suggests punggol/sengkang playgroup
im free on 10th lunch or tea

reira
i bought my L-sofa from seahorse too during the sale on end-dec to jan.. top real leather and bottom PVC abt $700+..

piggytoh
tink we have the same sofa huh?? hee..

baby ja,
haha u bott from seahorse also huh? keke they got quite a few design for L-shaped wor simple n nice... n most imptly price reasonable:p

Reira, I am planning to change my Serta bed to Seahorse too! Serta too soft for the back and so expensive...

I heard great reviews for Seahorse beds. Cheap and good. LOL.

piggytoh
yeah, went sofa hunting and saw this.. bought it during their sale on end-dec.. reasonable price but bad point is that the L too short for HB.. hee.. they say the sofa b4 sale was $2K+ wor.. muz b markup one..

Furniture
I thought barang barang closed down already? I personally find Lorenzo is very reliable n I love the designs. Example, I bought a L shape sofa in Aug 2008, didnt use much cos house vacant. Around Aug 2009 I saw a small patch peeling after my friend sit on it to play playstation for full 24hr. I file a complaint and they came to investigate. They change a new set for me. Another case, I bought a dining table. The legs of the chairs a bit not nice. Nobody will notice except me (I'm very particular one), but I file a complaint after having it for a month, they came n change new set for me, but later I notice still no nice (after 2 weeks), I complain again, they change for me again. Geess, I love their service.

Baby Day Out
One family for $12? Can bring maid? Is it too late to join har?

babyja,
hahah ya i tink mark up.. tt y i bott the bigger L-shaped sofa... big n spacious.. cos when i look ard for sofa most PVC sofa was soooo ex compare to seahorse 1...
happy.gif

bb
not too late for bb day's out, interested , pls email me at [email protected], i will email you the template. Pls tsf $12 by tomorrow before 3pm.

piggy
no worries, a pity u can't join us.

bb
oh yeah, forgot barang barang closed down already. Lorenzo is good, i like their furniture too.

XZQT is considered cheap for classic, simple designer like furniture. i saw a 3 seater for less than 1.5k during their warehouse sale. i like their clocks, so tempted to get one.

i am sold by seahorse matresses - but i really do not like their customer service at the shops - it's like..u dun buy also nevermind kind of attitude.

fitflops
btw any mummy here has these fitflops - i came across them for the 1st time today and i thought they are great but expensive. anyone knows where selling cheaper? spree perhaps?

babymaking,
yes...2 sprees goin on now at bulk purchase section
im looking at it too..i saw at suntec for bout $120 for the electra...BP sell $70
so tempted but so ex!

sharon
sorry saw yr sms but didn't reply cos zac was getting my attention and then totally forgot abt it, how come they charge you higher? becos the warehouse sale over already? do you have their contact number? i want to check with them about other items.

Fisherprice toys
any mummies here interested to get Fisherprice toys? i am thinking to get the following items, i am wondering if any mummies interested - we can try to do a bulk order to get better discounts.

FP Laugh and Learn Activity Table (bilingual in english and mandarin)
Retail price $149.90.
FP Little People Ride On - Race Day / Circus OR Music Parade
Retail price $79.90
Fisher-Price Roll-a-Rounds: Swirlin' Surprise Gumball Machine - haven seen this in retail yet but USD $22.99

Sob sob, today ended up with strawberry milk after pumping... The woes of breastfeeding. Sigh. Think coz bb has been teething so biting on my nipples. But nipples so abused from all the pumping until I don't feel the pain until I saw the blood in the bottles. So sad that I had to dump the milk
sad.gif

Rei,
I got my furniture from OM too. Prices not that cheap but liked their design.

As for the shop in AMK industrial area, I think it's the one I bought my bb cupboard and single bed from. Had a very bad experience due to dishonest staff. We went to complain and she said we cry father cry mother. What kind of customer service is that? In the end, the boss came and settle the matter and gave us discount.

sharon,
I don't mind meeting on sat. Any place in mind? My choice is somewhere accessible by MRT. Haha in the end last Saturday ended up with just me and michele in city square mall. Weekdays also not good for me, need to work leh.

DV,
I think it was Jul that was looking for a chest freezer. And the seller is Liz from this thread
happy.gif

Puroland,
My bb still sleeps in her cot. Somedays sleeps in her own room, somedays in our room when I cant take the frequent night waking. Intend to let her sleep in the cot for as long as possible before letting her sleep in the single bed I bought for her. Will lay the ground with another mattress and cushions in case she falls.

babymaking,
yup...call 62644206...emway pte ltd...they distribute fisherprice
i dunno lei..neva ask them y so ex...i say will consider n call them back

joia,
no idea but prefer somewhere wif mrt too
happy.gif

Puroland

My sumo bb gal sleeps in her cot during the night only. Day time she can only sleep on the bed. Its odd but not too sure why. Maybe at night I on the aircon for a while, and she sleeps fine in the cot. Very rare but recently became often, she screams in the middle of the night and I had to cuddle her on our bed and then she sleeps. Anxiety I think.

Mommies, are you the only ones that can cradle your little one to sleep or your guy can do it too? My bb gal hates to sleep in my guy's arm. *groan

babymaking, thanks for arranging, my bub will join the crawling contest &amp; hv emailed you

Baby's Day out Event

$12 per family

Event details

Highlights:
*Baby crawling contest
*Exercise with Baby

1) babymaking
3) el-nino - [email protected]
15) fatBobo - [email protected]

babymaking
i have fitflop and love it. bought it from spree during VS sale (about $35 a pair + $75 off $250 i think) and cost be about S$60. walkstar III strawberry. :D

awhile ago i was making spree for it cos some website having promo but didnt manage to catch the offer D:

el-nino
ok sure

dolcevita, joia

yeah it's me looking for freezer
happy.gif
thanks!

gin

sam does't have any particular pref for me lor

joia

ouch! take care yeah

piggy, baby ja

is the sea horse sofa hard? both hubs n i like hard sofas. hubs keeps complaining abt out sofa but i heart pain the dump it unless got cheap option. $700+ sounds good!

Jul,
erm hard ah... personally i like firm sofa but soft leather la.. i chose the italy leather which is soft if u like hard hard 1 maybe can chose other leather?

Back