(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

brought my boy to see doc on sat for flu & cough. he onli weighed 6.7kg. same as last month. he din increase his weight at all though he started on solid. he's been eating quite alot too. i'm getting worried. anybody's baby same as mine? still so light?
 


zen
did your pd say anything abt it? Could also be becoz he's not feeling well, that's why not putting on weight. Whenever my #2 falls sick, she immediately slims down.
 
claire,
i went to GP. the GP said if he's eating well & pooing well, then shouldn't be a problem. told us to monitor next few weeks. if still dun increase then maybe hv to go PD.
 
Zen, is your bb taller than last month? I heard bb after recovered from sickness will grow taller. Dont know how true. Well, if you are worried, the best is to call your PD and ask him. Sure will make u feel better.

Felicia, my hb and I missed baby's first flip. We put her on the bed and hb working on laptop and I was watching TV and she suddenly laughed. I looked at her n she smiled. Later my hb asked me if I flipped her, I said no, we were very sure she was laying on her back. It was only seconds, so I predicted her first flip was very successful. Subsequent ones, she struggles n very unhappy keeps making noises.
 
zen

my gal is only 5.9kg and she's older than yours. For my case, coz my boy already tested low growth hormones, so my PD said no need to worry so long as she meets her milestones.
 
hi sharon,
I got no problem on nuk premium teat onto avent bottle. Its fine and my bb can drink faster onto the avent bottle like 15 min for 180ml milk than the normal nuk teat. instead i pass the normal nuk teat onto the cute nuk bottle to my nanny somehow my nanny is able to feed my bb to finish the milk in less than half an hour for 180ml milk. For us we will take an hour! I think is the tactic la hahhaha
 
hi sharon,
I got no problem on nuk premium teat onto avent bottle. Its fine and my bb can drink faster onto the avent bottle like 15 min for 180ml milk than the normal nuk teat. instead i pass the normal nuk teat onto the cute nuk bottle to my nanny somehow my nanny is able to feed my bb to finish the milk in less than half an hour for 180ml milk. For us we will take an hour! I think is the tactic la hahhaha
 
mashy,
yup, been wanting to get the new one
but... i see the packaging clearly and it state made in china...that's why never get..

while the green one(very lovely green--abit translucent) is fully made in japan...

i just passed my gal teether to my boi...
 
aiyoh, I just get a red and orange teether, yes its made in china, should have get the green one hehehehe but this red and orange teether is nicer though hehehe
 
babiesmeme
Are you using silicon teat?
I tried to fit the big premium NUK latex teat onto avent bottle.
cannot leh, it will leak from the part where the teat joins the cap.
sad.gif
 
hi kiki,
i using silicon teat ok leh. perhaps your present one is spoilt? you get a new avent bottle to try hehehe. you will be suprise how fast they can drink compared to the nuk wan, think the teat too small think my bb will put the whole teat into his mouth!! hahaha
 
babiesmeme
the silicon teat can fit as there's like a "stopper" ring around the teat to prevent leaking...
the latex one cannot... my boy prefers the latex one.
sad.gif
 
Ladies can u open our thread page?me can't le.using phone now so troublesome


Babyja-wats ur name in fb?I add u in


Cloudme-humm then u ask Reira to add u?cos only 3 of us can unless u add me [email protected]

Kiki-times flies
happy.gif
soon he wi be crawling Liao


Mich-before having kids I hv cats so it's real good.which I use it 2/3 times a week depending on e damage they hv done.

Helper once every week or 2


Porridge container-I'm using thermos so far nt bad bought from bp here too. But heavy to bring out.no choice if u wanna keep it warm
 
Zen, is your bb taller than last month? I heard bb after recovered from sickness will grow taller. Dont know how true. Well, if you are worried, the best is to call your PD and ask him. Sure will make u feel better.

Felicia, my hb and I missed baby's first flip. We put her on the bed and hb working on laptop and I was watching TV and she suddenly laughed. I looked at her n she smiled. Later my hb asked me if I flipped her, I said no, we were very sure she was laying on her back. It was only seconds, so I predicted her first flip was very successful. Subsequent ones, she struggles n very unhappy keeps making noises.
 
Food container:
i tink Tiger, Le gourmet n zojirushi is quite popular..

For those who started solid alr when u bring bb go out.. do u bring the dry cereal along with u so can mix when it time to feed??? or puree??
 
piggytoh:le gourmet nto good cos i hv :p

yup brign along too n mix outside.btu up to u though if u prefer all mixed n bring also can.see wat kind of food.apples sure cannot.
 
Zen don't worry, my girl is one that is slow on putting on weight, but her pd says its alright as long as she drinks her milk, pee and poo normally.
 
weishy,
oh legourmet no gd huh my friend told me not bad hmm..den i gave it a miss now i lookin for sales to buy either tiger or zojirushi 1 dunno BP 1 cheap enough anot.. but i thot puree mus gave hot or fresh if not might have bateria etc???
 
huh... I got le gourmet one, but havent use it yet.
its a free gift, so no complains..

piggytoh
I will bring 1 serving of cereals out, then ask for warm water from resturant.
sometimes will bring 1 banana along (together with the skin), then just peel and use spoon mash when bb wants to eat.

btw, the fruit seller ask me dont give baby the big banana, must buy those small ones wor...
 
babiesmeme
my boy started using bottle when I return to work (3 weeks ago)
Rejected bottle initially, I bought all sorts of teats for him to try... finally he seems ok with the NUK premium latex size 1medium
He will drink his milk ONLY if he is sitting on the itsy bitsy bouncer... so fussy!
I have so many different teats at home... waste $$
sad.gif
 
BB
haha your girl so cute.. in fact we missed our boy's first flip also, only my maid got to see that cuz both me and hubby were working, but since i was working from home, she dared not to disturb me as i was having meeting, so after my meeting she quickly told me baby flipped twice.. then put him down and show me lor but so funny he didnt manage to flip and need a bit help from us, so i asked my maid if the previous 2 times he did it on his own, and she said yes.. so i just wait till hubby came back from work and try to show him, and from there he can flip very well on his own, maybe he just want to show to his daddy ba... haha

Dolce
Your girl girl can sit up very well hor.. haha the line on Nat's thigh at new born was because she doesn't have much fats back then, and now the line on her thigh is because she has enough fats.. haha my boy is the same.. Their limbs looked really long back then, now with all the fats look very diff liao.. I am wondering if my boy will hit the 10kg mark at 6 months sia.. haha..

pigeon teether
so cloudme can we still get the green one at KP then?
 
babiesmeme

i use the baby detergent then sterilise with the bottles. But i only sterilise & wash with detergent once a week. Usually just use plain water.
 
Kiki,
ok ok thanks for ur advice.. cos i keep thinkin puree like v difficult den fresh 1 how to make outside hahah unless buy jar 1 haha banana gd idea hahah
happy.gif
 
felicia,
i have seen it in kiddy palace...last year...

this mth haven't step into kiddy palace yet...so can't tell u...

think if they sold out then will have no more old stocks liao...

they are being called the "lip trainer and the gum trainer" on pigeon's website...
i got both...
3556315.jpg

3556316.jpg
 
mashy
Sure thanks so much, i still have 30 dollars taka voucher dunno what to spend on, just nice..

you very good leh, i never use baby detergent so far, think should go get one liao, and even milk bottle i also use plain water to wash then sterilize.. think my maid is also wondering why i never instruct her to wash baby's toy everyday sia..
 
I dont know whether its too early for my bb to have it cos he only coming to 5 months but he keeps on sucking his hands until red red hahaha
 
pigeon teether
thanks cloudme and babiesmeme for your advice. true lor the red one looks alot nicer to me, haha..

my boy also stuff everything into his mouth de, so now give him teether or rattle also not much a difference, maybe he is not really teething yet..
 
felicia/babiesmeme

at least with the teether, they don't put their fingers in their mouth that much since there's other things to put in there. Hahah.
 
piggytoh:ya no gd le for me.yes BP already cheaper liao.
ya hv to serve fresh n warm but sometimes ppl hv diff styles
happy.gif


depends on how many hours u will be away from home too.


kiki:hee too long hours cannot loooo
happy.gif
few hours oki
happy.gif



banana:yup choose those small ones from japan or other countires.think big ones are more "liang" ????

also bananas cause phlegm n constipation if excessive.
 
piggytoh
I saw the BP for zojirushi is cheaper than I bought from taka, i bought the 0.5l tuffslim at $34 at taka, BP selling at $28. can you still locate the BP for food warmer
 
El-nino,
i tink i saw 1 jus over leh.. but every once in a while it will open BP again...

Weishy,
my boi eat banana sure PS 1 hahah i tot banana high in fibre shd aid constipation mah no?
 
El-nino,
i tink i saw 1 jus over leh.. but every once in a while it will open BP again...

Weishy,
my boi eat banana sure PS 1 hahah i tot banana high in fibre shd aid constipation mah no?
 
donkeymami> okie. u update me k? i started my boy on apple puree from heinz today. cos he have been vomitting out milk after every feed. i suspect he's going on a milk strike. n when i feed him apple puree, nv vomit. so no choice got to start solid liaos. if keep buying heinz very shiong oso =p

haha. ya. i oso heard is jul, but i think is quite ok la. since one bottle finish in abt 2wks time? got more den 2mths to finish =p

mashy> banana causes constipation? gees. tot it's de easiest fruit to mash. think can try papaya instead =p
 

Re: baby fall off the bed
omg my bb jus roll himself off my bed n knock himself on the floor i checked his skull saw a tiny cut n a bit swell on the cut v worried now..is there anything i can observe? after the fall he cry out loud n i try to calm him down now after his milk he is asleep liao... my heart ache so much...
 

Back
Top