(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Reira,
the bumper mat is v heavy n bulky leh so if u gals collect from 1 place gotta take note of how u goin to carry home wor... cos dunno can put in car anot.. better check with SSW if th emat come in box or wat..

Piggytoh, I totally agree with you! I get jealous if my baby prefer someone else but when too sticky, I buay tahan too.

Anyway I think its just a phase coz I think by the time my girl reach 7 or 8 mths, she should be more ok with daddy.

Irene,
ya lor so now i v bad wkend i dun go to my IL house at all so my bb will be with me 24/7 lol~~~
maybe try to get ur HB to spent time with ur gal more lor cos i do have friend their child 1yo still v sticky to the mummy wor..

Wreen-oic
happy.gif

reira,

my colleague is interested in the bumper mat oso.. but she is lookin at the mickey mouse design.. this should be the LG Prime one..

Staying at Jurong oso..

can help me ask for the price.. at least 12mm thick..

3464371.jpg

3464372.jpg

I think LG Prime's better, apparently i heard tt Parklon's quality nt as gd, and doesnt withstand wear and tear as well. But its all hearsay. Im buying LG Prime, anw, since might be planning to haf number 2, might as well buy a more expensive 1 tt can last longer..

Kitty:

Ur in-laws quite extreme.. i think u mus haf a hell of a time trying to reason out wif her. The older pple haf their own set of thoughts n values, generally they r more stubborn n thre's no room for negotiation/communication 1. Like i told my MIL..if can, dont gif bb pacifier.. cos i dont really wan her to rely on it. den, i go to work, come home, bb sucking pacifier. Wad to do.. we dont wanna be labelled as rude n unfillial rite.. *suck thumb*

Piggytoh, I think it will get better. When they are older and understand what we are saying, then I can leave my girl with daddy while I go out short while.
My son used to be sticky to me too but as he grows up, he is more ok to let me go out for a while.

Car Seat Direction

Which direction should we face the carseat ?
Im having it rear facing now..Any regulation that it should be rear facing or front facing and any age limit ?

Kitty, ok will chk wif hotel..shd b ok to keep in their fridge. actually is 2 days event in sentosa but i try to siam for 2nd day & opt for back to ofc to do setup for 3rd day meeting which will b held in my ofc.

Bumper Mat

Rei, though i oli use in the evening (not everyday somemore) cos my gal refuse to sit in bumbo seat for long so i rotate wif bumper mat..sometimes she sian liao then i put her in cot & switch on cot mobile to keep her entertained :p

dolce,
my bb carseat is rear facing...and i place it at the passenger seat behind the driver...

but for my #1...the carseat for #1 is front facing...

didn't know if there's any regulation for the "facing"

RE: bumper mat...

i saw this in the infant care that i am enrolling my boi into...

but personally i have 1 at home that i previously bought for my #1...

i bought bcos i want to define a area for #1 to play her toys...mine is a parklon 12mm one...

Joyful,

Nat also like to sit up now but the car seat oni has two position, the sit up position is too straight up so we are still using the "liedown" for her.

720mum,

I place Nat's carseat rear facing, in the middle passenger seat. As its still "lie down" position, having it behind the front seats cause the leg space for the front passenger to be greatly reduce and its kinda uncomfy..so we put it in the centre....

I might change it to front facing if there is no regulation, so that Nat can see the scenary......

dolce,
me also find that my boi can't really stretch his legs...but my boi's carseat only got the "lie-down" position...
***headache***

dolce,
i think if i dun remember wrongly y its rearin facing is becos our bb neck still not strong enof.. if lets say *touch wood* accident need to e-brake they will have the impact of being throw forward... thats y the sales ger told me when i went to buy the carseat. she told me can change front facing when he turns 1... i was like wah so long meh... am thinking of changing my carseat front facing b4 CNY.. hehe

kitty,
oh i have not ordered yet and maybe weekend then got time to look at the BP threads. Work keeping me busy so can only come in read a bit while pumping.

Reira,
No they dont use any bumper mats just let the older babies crawl on floor. For younger infants, crawl on mats like what we used to have for PE last time. Becoz at home, i only put her on playmat which is getting too small for her. For tummy time just use the waterproof mat from pigeon and lay it on the bed. But my hall also too cramp. Have to get rid of the coffee table then can put the mat

Yes, Janice is right. Only face front when baby's neck is strong. Rear sitting is to prevent them from injuring the neck when we braking etc.

dolce

should be rear facing now coz their neck is still not strong. Some car seats say till 9mths. Most advocate till 1yr old. So u see your kid's dev. The longer u put rear facing the better.

hello everyone

i would like to know if you all had put ur child in infant care?

wad is the price range like?
and the hours?

im planning to put him in there cause i will be working next month. and my working hours is 11 to 9pm..

anyone can help??

dolliepollie

since your working hours is till 9pm, not advisable to put in infant care coz it ends at 7pm. Even those with extended hours also till 8pm only. Maybe find a nanny instead?

think NTUC has a free nanny matching service.

dolliepollie,
i will be putting my boi into infant care next mth...
timing of most infant care is 7am to 7pm...
mine after govt subsidy for working mum is approx $500 per mth...

errh...since u planning to place bb into infant care...is there any infant care with vacancies?
cos i know usually need to queue for place...

for mine...i got to queue and actually i intend to put my bb in this mth but no space...so next mth got place and i fast fast place deposit...

dollie, think infant care may not be suitable for your working hours. Agree with mashy that nanny is better. Most nannies charge around $600+ these days I believe for 5 day week.

dolliepollie
I was planning to send my boy to infant care also last time, like 720mum said after subsidy ussually it is about 500 per month.. in fact cheaper than nanny, but there's only one problem with infant care, baby gets ill very often. The infant care at my place accept 12 kids at one time and 3 teachers only, but usually only 1-2 infants and the rest are all toddlers, so a bit risky lor one sick all sick de..

so end up i hired a maid instead. And last week my 3 years old niece was having a flu and almost recovered so we thought that's okay and we went out to shopping center together for 3 hours only, and during the car ride she kissed my boy, end up my boy got the virus from her and was sick immediately after we reached home.. luckily not really serious..

i am still considering sending him to infant care once i start a new job although i have a maid at home but no one supervise her, but this is the only reason holding me back lor..

dolliepollie,
infant care ctr opening hours mon to fri 7am to 7pm, sat 7am to 2pm. closed on sun and gazetted public holidays, half day on eve of xmas eve, CNY and new year. MCYS granted them extra 5 and half days per year off, the date will depend on each individual ctr.
some infant ctr may extend to 8pm. Govt subsidy working mother S$600 for full day care for sporean infants.

ur working hours may not be suitable to put bb to infant care, u may want consider get a nanny, or if ur hb can pick up ur bb before the ctr close.

Reira

Thanks babe. U ladies go ahead first k? dun wan u to miss the deals. hehe.. i will check with the rest again =]

Joia
=] whoopss sorry tot u have already place your order. hehe.. let me know if u wish to share. meanwhile, i am checking out on the LG prime ones.. the designs are so cute!

i aso can check email for a couple of times at work too.. pumping is the great time to rest and do ur own stuff.

Sophia
yeah i know exactly wat u mean. its tough to be tactful all the time to the inlaws and yet be firm about our decisions. as for the pacifier thing, i told my inlaws saying that the teeth wun be nice next time then they kept the pacifier and let my boy suck his juicy thumb instead.. =p

donkeymami

great! hope all goes well at ur event at sentosa. =]

Felicia
Can consider sending ur maid together to ur inlaws/parents place if available?

Reira,
ya zipper bag easier to carry my 1 is the 2100 x 1400 n it come in a box with zipper bag inside i cant imagine carryin the box anywher wor too long n bulky keke..

Dolce,
for car seat hor mus see ur bb devt 1 usu rear facing is til 9kg as advice but i alr put my bb forward facin cos his leg abit long so the lyin down position abit small for him n his neck is v strong so far he quite enjoy forward facin can see more thing if neck not strong also can put neck support pillow..

babyswimming
Reira, the last time you posted something about swimming lessons for 6 months old babies...are they aquaduck? have you started?

Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 5:51 pm:   
LAst call for HAPPY BELLIES

weishy (1 brown ricen 1 oatmeal)
joeey (1 brown ricen 1 oatmeal)
JAnice
kikilala
April (2 brown rice n 1 oatmeal )
Ktmum (1 brown rice )
kitty (2 brown rice)
Sbb (1 brown rice also?)
Michelle( both are nutritious depending wat bb like to eat,I give both for variation loo ,they hv to try everythingnif nt will be picky eaters.)

1 tin think 10 days or so if giving day n night

Just called up n the boss says stock will arrive in 10 days time

Janice-cos vivo not so convenient to some so babymaking suggested the spree
happy.gif
. Even wreen's also cheap
happy.gif

Janice/kiki-may I know which one u guys WANs ?

JAnice (1 rown rice n 1 oatmeal)
kikilala
Ktmum (1 brown rice )
kitty (2 brown rice)
Sbb (1 brown rice also?)
Michelle( both are nutritious depending wat bb like to eat,I give both for variation loo ,they hv to try everythingnif nt will be picky eaters.)

Kitty
haha that's really the last thing I will do. Their house is smaller and much older, dun even have a place to put a playpen or cot for my boy, and no space for bomper mat either. think it is really going to be very troublesome if i were to do that. Plus my mil is working, only fil is at home, he said he can come to my house, but in fact he cant help with anything at all, my maid will be more busy then cuz need to cook lunch for him..

and besides all these, if they were to help us look after baby, they will not follow our way de, they sure will want to use sarong and pacifier just for their own convenience sake.. haiz long story lah sometimes i rather trust the maid, at least she only follows my instruction.. I really do not understand why the old folks cannot put our baby's benefits at top priority. Just like my mil say she wants my boy to stay one night at her place, i told her off that no way unless my boy is older, if not imagine he dun even have a bed there, at night wake up sure will cry and look for me de, if they cannot handle then how? Eventually my boy is the one suffering mah, if they think this way they won't insist on it de, go there stay one night just for them to easily play with him mah.. again only think about themselves..

haiz too much complaints.. i better stop this and think positively, no matter how they are hubby's parents..

felicia,
i totally understand...u r not alone!

karen,
i can recommend my agency if u wan..

dolliepollie,
u can try drop flyers ard ur place or use agencies?

Re: bb facing forward/rear facing

altho the bb's neck is strong enough to hold themselves up, it's not strong enough to withstand impact. For safety sake, it's still better to face the rear at this age.

When I had a car accident, i really understood the kind of impact. My whole body was stiff & painful for a few days (couldn't turn my neck at all, couldn't bend), not to mention my spine got compromised. Imagine what it'll do to a baby. What's the point of having a car seat if u don't face it properly and it can't protect the bb.

My advice for those who has switched their bb's car seats to front facing at this time, it's not the time yet. Pls put it to face back again for their safety.

Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 3:51 pm:   
JAnice (1 rown rice n 1 oatmeal)
kikilala
Ktmum (1 brown rice )
kitty (2 brown rice)
Sbb (1 brown rice also?)
Michelle( both are nutritious depending wat bb like to eat,I give both for variation loo ,they hv to try everythingnif nt will be picky eaters.
Eunice (1 brown/oatmeal/multigrain each)

LADIES~~~~Pls SMS me ur contact numbers tks 8223-7104

collection-meet up for lunch or meet up at vivo/Harbourfront
I can go chop seats first heheheheh :p

Mashy,
like wat u say be it baby or adult when ther r accident it hard to predict wat kind of impact it will be even lyin down can injured. somemore if bb leg is long i tink no gdd to put them in the car seat this will bent their leh.. tt y when buyin car seat the sales also got say 9mth is only a guideline mus see individual bb development.

hmm reading the quandary abt infant car seats - zac has long legs and if rear facing, his legs are pressing against the car seat, in the event of an accident, his legs will be facing the greatest impact, so not too sure how infant car seats work to promote safety.

In the end, we reverse the car seat to face front ward and so far because the car seat can recline, he's still in a lie down position but front facing.

Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 5:51 pm:
LAst call for HAPPY BELLIES

JAnice
kikilala
Ktmum (1 brown rice )
kitty (2 brown rice)
Sbb (1 brown rice also?)
Karen Toh (1 brown ricen 1 oatmeal)

Janice-cos vivo not so convenient to some so babymaking suggested the spree . Even wreen's also cheap

Janice/kiki-may I know which one u guys WANs ?

Back