(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">Zen</font>, Kotex has the maternity adhesive pads too. It is like 10 pcs for $8plus at NTUC/Supermarkets/Pharmacy.
 


ladies,
i got to go off for work alreadi. tok to u girls tonite!
happy.gif
 
<font color="0000ff">pegsfur &amp; Zen</font>, I think we have to expose our kids to animals from young so they do not ill-treat animals.
 
<font color="0000ff">zen</font>, I used Kotex before, it is ok to me and I have not tried pureen, just gotten a packet. Will ask dh to buy more if I run out.
 
Zen,
I prefer Kotex maternity adhesive pads than Pureen. Pureen is comforty but i feel it is very thick for sg weather. For me, if i feel alot of stain, i will change very often to keep myself 'dry'.
 
pris
the wired underwear... tmc gave 2 that time..one they put on for us immediately after delivery... the organic milk tea arhh? i dunno whether it works or not? but some mummies drink this, instead of funegreek to stimulate milk flow (especially if the mom is allergic to fengeugreek)...

oh i got a 1.5l thermal flask, will be instructing maid to boil red dates drink the moment i go into delivery... so that after delivery, i can have hot red dates drinks instead of hot water :p...

reira
yes i got mine rasberry tea from drugstore. reason being.. MOM sells tea leaves.. wheras drugstore sells tea bags.. me lazy person.. tea bags is easier for ready consumption..
 
<font color="0000ff">smurfy</font>, Thanks so 4 pieces extra that I got should be enough to change and wash.

My mum will be using the slow cooker to boil honey dates tea for me so I think she will ask dh to bring it for me when he comes to the hospital.
 
<font color="0000ff">kikilala</font>, So sorry have to trouble you so much, coz I am on bedrest so cannot move if not I will get my bro to drive me to pick up.
 
I have alot of questions to ask about TMC, do they provide us the fish soup daily? I am thinking of asking my dh to go to the cafe to order extra hahaaha.
 
little dreamers - confinment shampoo and Postpartum care http://www.littledreamers.com.sg/catalog.html

ohh dunno what u girls think.. but me, being me, just want to have good confinement care... will be getting some of these for use after delivery, u girls might want to consolidate orders for free delivery...after purchase of at least $150.. me will just pay for the extra $8 courier charges for the sake of convenience.

Warming Body Wash for Confinement (to bath after finishing the usual packets of herbal baths bought in medicial halls)

Warming Shampoo for Confinement (to shampoo my hair)

the above two products contains ginger and such lor, will help to warm the body...

Healing Bottom Spray (there's a few kinds of perineal care products, chose this coz easy to apply, after urinating, clean the under area with water... then pat dry with guaze dressing (dun use cotton wool otherwise will stick)... and spray this bottom spray).. hoping that it will help heal the perineal area after normal delivery.

Dry Confinement Powder (some mummies got this, and comb their hair with these, but this time round, i am not getting this lor... coz messy with fine powder in the room...)

Healing Bottom Spray
 
pris
what's honey dates? i onli know black or issit blue dates.. and the usual red dates leh.. i think they serve fish soup daily lor :p.. it's always out of stock in their cafe.. when i go visiting the gynae..will go there for lunch.. never had the opportunity to order this all these while.. always sold out.
 
<font color="0000ff">smurfy</font>, I have heaty body then red date coz me to have constipation, so my mum is using honey dates to brews the red dates tea instead of red dates.
 
pris
issit? kekee maybe i missed that out..tot of sharing.. the thread here moves too fast.. most of the time, i just speed read..
happy.gif
.. today's and tomorow on mc, sleeping at home, so can post more here hahhaha :p
 
pris..
i wish i have a heaty body... mine's cold.. like a cold blooded animal.. so i know i gotta do my confinement well.. otherwise my body will get worse in future..okok,,
going back to sleep somemore :p
 
smurfy
i read from the web that i can drink rasberry tea during and after labour right? is red dates longan tea better to be drank after labour?
 
<font color="0000ff">kikilala</font>, Thank you! I will pm you. Then let me know the amount. I will tried to tt you the amount when I am near ATM or if not if I delivered I do it at TMC coz I cannot walk too much.
 
reira
yes.. i tot more ppl drink the rasberry tea during 3rd trimester itself so that to have an shorter labor coz it will prep. the uterus for delivery? for the red dates drinks, it;s more of the chinese beliefs that red dates water will warm the body and remove the wind.. and as part of the confinement practice, red dates water is drank daily instead of normal boiled plain water for during the whole confinement period.
 
Hi Ladies,

good afternoon!!!
How are you all today???
happy.gif


Very soon going to be august liao le. really looking forward to august cos i be on maternity leave than. haha..
 
smurfy
from what i read on the web, rasberry tea helps to prep uterus for delivery. some webs says that it is good to drink that during labour also.

sbb
Hi sbb! haha yah 4 more weeks till Aug! 5 weeks till my EDD~ time flies!
 
i am back.. had KOi smoothie i ordered no sugar but still too sweet for me wor but they v generous with the pearl... :p may try the Passion Ai yu the nex time..

Kiki,
yes i received ur PM:p now no mood to work thinkin of my loots keke.. now i am runnin thru the item i bott too bad so many item OOS keke...
 
helo mummies!

so happy my boss approve my request to work from home.. today is day one, so still gotta work on the discipline part, to work and not be distracted. hee...

re papaya soup for all... my mum's aunty colleagues say all can take but i'll tell my mum if my dad and husband drink and they get engorement, not my fault!!! heee...

smurfy: all those products are TCM one ah? interested in the shampoo.. cos my mum is thinking of letting me only dry wash for 1st 2 weeks.. i think i will be uncomfortable leh....
 
hi ladies,

I m new here, i m Aug MTB too, i get a lot of info from you all so far, thks vy much.

Regg Kong,
Like the booties u make, are u knitting or crochet? i only know crochet and i make high booties only so far, do u hv the pattern for me to follow? this is wat i make so far.
2631803.jpg
2631804.jpg
 
BBnGG, your gynae very good to you.
I was at delivery suite from 7plus evening till next morning 8plus. No water no food.
The 1st thing after I delivered was to ask my gynae can I drink pepsi!
 
piggytoh,

Thks for the comment, the army booties i make for my sis son, and the red 1 i keep it for my daughter..m trying to make more design and trying to do a small biz to earn extra milk powder money..haha
 
mashy,

thks ya..i purposely make for baby boy 1 as request from my sis, coz she have a same converse shoe in this army style, she wanna wear together with her son when outing...
happy.gif
 
Irene, yah he is really nice cos the staff nurse reject my request for breakfast at 7am after I check-in at 6am.

Then my gynea came at 7.30am to check on me and ask me whether i enjoy my breakfast. So I told him the staff nurse says I am not suppose to eat till I have given birth then he call the staff nurse in and ask her whether she is trying to strave me. Wahahaha... super funny lor then the nurse went to get the menu and ask me what I want for breakfast.

Then my gynea still can recommend me which meal is good. Comical lor... like going to restaurant then waiting to give birth.
 
bbnggg

that's nice. I had to starve when i delivered my boy. I was only allowed some bread after my gynae saw that i won't be delivering anytime soon. The starvation is in case u need to go for c-section...
 
piggytoh,

Thks for the suggestion, provided there is ppl interested to order for their baby, so far i got only 2 order from friend, maybe till i hv more design first.
 
bbngg,
haha ur gynae is so funnie... ya lor esp when u dunno how long ur labour goin to last of more than 10hrs how to tahan?

magmag,
ya maybe after u add more design u can start a BP?
 
piggytoh,

as i m new here, a lot of shortform i still dun understand, wat is BP? and i read from forum there is ppl saying abt "loots"..wat is that?
 
Dreams

I had a strange one last nite. I dremed that I delivered my boy. Everything was fine, we went home, settled in, things got along peachy for a few days, then I realised I FORGOT to BF him! It was already almost 1 week after delivery, so that means I missed the priod for milk ss, which means I had no more m,ilk EVER to feed him! I was crying &amp; crying in my dream for being so stupid! Weird huh???
 


Oh dear.. my colleague’s hubby came back from malaysia with another colleague of his and is suspected to have H1N1.
And her wife is sitting 2 seats behind me… scared~~~
 

Back
Top