(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs


petrina

hahaa, it only goes to show how expensive raising a kid is. THink of the amt we spent on milk powder, diapers, wipes, toys on them etc.
 
What are the chances of passing it on to my kids?

A) If the father is unaffected (healthy) and the mother is a carrier (no clinical symptoms):

One daughter out of two will be a carrier
One son out of two will be G6PD deficient

B) If the father is G6PD deficient and the mother is unaffected:

All daughters will be carriers
All sons will be unaffected

C) If the father is G6PD deficient and the mother is a carrier:

One daughter out of two will be G6PD deficient
One daughter out of two will be a carrier
One son out of two will be G6PD deficient
One son out of two will be unaffected

D) If the father is unaffected and the mother is G6PD deficient:

All daughters will be carriers
All sons will be G6PD deficient

E) If both father and mother are G6PD deficient:
All daughters will be G6PD deficient
All sons will be G6PD deficient
 
Carefreelife,
icic ok thanks...

Jul,
wah the diaper u buy all belong to the better quality 1... but v wasted to use it for NB leh..
 
mashy,
oh...
doesn't that put the bb at risk if really need external blood?
when parents dun know their bb's blood grp, how to tell doc?
 
petrina

A lot hor? I keep buying coz I keep getting tempted by the diff brands mah haha. But I shd stop first & see which BB can tahan. Then after that, I can buy in bulk haha.

mashy

U got 2 leh, I only have 1 wor haha.

So calculating, I have abt half of ur amt, which means we're both equally KS lah haha.
 
All mommies,

i'm on leave today...intending to pack the hospital bag and aso was thinking of washing the clothings that i hav bought for bb...is it true that all bb clothes have to be handwash and nt machine wash?
 
cloudme

coz now whenever u need blood tranfusion, the dr will still need to test the blood anyway, even if u know the blood group. That's why they removed the blood group from our IC. Remember they used to put that in our ICs until recently.
 
Jul

but my boy doesn't need the wipes anymore lor coz he's toilet trained. We hardly use them nowadays and it's more for wiping hands or when there's a big mess.
 
piggy

Yeah that's why I dun wanna buy any more NB diapers, coz I already have the expensive brands liao.

I worry that NB bb sensitive skin, so I bot the better ones first. I intend to start trying the cheaper brands like Petpet, Fitti etc after the expensive ones are finished.
 
bubblymummy

i threw everything into the washing machine to wash. Whoever gave u that idea that we need to handwash bb's clothes? That's prob from before the invention of washing machines.
 
bubblymommy

I intend to use machine wash for everything.

mashy

Haha ok u win then.

Which reminds me.. I see some wipes that state for "wiping hands & mouth". Is there any diff b/w these & those bum wipes? Is the bum wipes better or the mouth wipes better ah? Then can interchange use or not?
 
Jul,
eh i tink hor the better brand shd keep for goin out n nite time after confinement mah... NB they change the diaper so frequent really v wasted leh..
 
donkeymami, my #2 is gal! so my gal will hv a 50/50% to be a carrier.

but if your are a carrier, you still can eat fava beans.
 
piggy

Hmm.. u have a point too. Maybe I can buy a pack of Petpet for day use lor.

But since Petpet no sale, I shall wait till nearer the date lah. Scully Babylet is sooo fat until need S size, then it'll be wasted liao haha.

petrina

Oh u were saying hosp gives 2 packs of Pampers NB diapers? I tot they only give 1 pack?
 
Hi all,
Been busy with wrk, last nite wrk till 930pm
sad.gif
 
jul

errr, when my boy was younger, i used hanky to clean his mouth and hands. But as he got older, i got the pigeon hand/mouth wipes. Then as he got even older, it's normal wet wipes. Now, i don't bother, just use tissue. If too dirty, will send him to the toilet to wash with water and soap. ahaa.
 
Mashy & Jul,

My sis-in-law juz gave birth says my mil handwash all the bb clothes...

but i lazy so was thinking of machine wash...since my washing machine can use warm water to wash...
 
Jul,
i buy size S i dun buy NB cos no pt n hosp will gave a pack of NB unless ur baby preterm or wat tt it takes longer for them to hit 3kg n above...
 
mashy

Haha I see. Ok I will modify as I see fit then haha.

bubblymommy

Well it's up to your pref. Just like I nvr handwash any of my clothes. They all go into the machine (with laundry bags if they're more delicate). But I know many pple who handwash their clothes. So.. Really depends on how koot-lart u wanna be?

My confinement lady will handwash the BB's clothes. But when I'm on on own, I will machine wash.
 
bubblymummy

then u get your MIL to handwash all the bb's clothes lor. hahaha. But since she's not going to help u with that, just use the washing machine.
 
piggy

Oh.. Since I have already 2 packs of Nepia, then I dun buy anymore liao lah. Worse come to worse send HB out to buy lor.
 
geee,
suddenly i got so many things to do...

still left with 2 bags of bb clothings to wash,
sun the beansprout husks (sew the casing),
wash my front botton gowns...

and now left with 8wks b4 i reach 39wks...
 
cloudme

still have time. Just dump the front button gowns with the rest of your clothes to wash together lah.

I've just washed 2 batches of bb clothes. Next week will start on the bedsheets & nappies. If have time, then will wash the sling, stuff toys etc.
 
bubblymummy

at least your MIL doesn't tell u to handwash the clothes. Mine did. And she's not even the one doing it! So i heck lah, told her what's a washing machine for, and threw everything inside to wash. hahaha. Pp handwashed it previously coz there's no such thing as a washing machine or their washing machine are the old types that can damage the bb's clothes.

She even tells me to handwash my own clothes during my confinement and not mix with my hb's. As if i care.
 
oh yah, tell u gals something. that day i told my ILs that my c-section date, then they ask why that date etc lah, then i've to explain abt childcare arrangements for my boy easier on sat coz my hb will be with me at the OT. She gave me that look! Yes, that look like why must my hb accompany me into the OT! Luckily she didn't say it, else will sure kenna from me.
 
mashy

Actually hor, my MIL also told me to go to the gynae myself when I was smaller. B/c HB wun have that much leave to spare to accompany me all the time, esp in my 3rd tri when I can't walk.

I know she means well, that she wants HB to save his leave to help out after BB is born. Not that she dun want her son to drive me there, but being sensitive, it feels like she's telling me to go fend for myself hee.
 
jul

they're always looking out for their precious sons only lah, never for us. She kept asking why i don't work, why i don't take up a job at home, etc.
 
Just got back from grocery shopping for my office! Hiaz .. buy milo, buy coffee and buy disposable cups. Stole some time to buy subway sandwich to take a few bites b4 going for my massage
happy.gif
 
Pegsfur!
argh! massage...i want but no time to arrange.
going for gynae scan at 4pm later, cant wait to see the little one since the last visit 3 weeks!
 
mashy

Aiyah I guess also cannot blame them. Their don is they give birth one, we are outsiders mah. If they put us b4 their sons, either they are weird or their sons are super jialat case, which makes us darn dumb to marry their sons muahahaha.

pegsfur

Huh? How u do grocery shopping when u preggie ah?

Enjoy ur massage later!
 


Back
Top