(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs


jacqueline

http://www.compassvalemassage.blogspot.com/

It's $38/h, or $50/1.5h. It's home massage so u have to go to her place at Sengkang. But she has an aircon room, where there's dim lighting, music, proper massage table etc. See if it's convenient for u. I find her not bad.

zen

How much is the Mamy Poko at NTUC? I tot that time they were selling $21.45 for 72 pcs of S diapers?
 
reira

Oh issit? Kia & Hyundai same co now? I din even know haha.

pink

BH is like the womb practising for childbirth right?
 
pinkMaMa09

what causes BH (Braxton Hicks)

BH contractions is a process of tightening of uterine muscles for maybe 1 to 2 mins, because our body is trying to prepare ourselves for birth. However, not all expectant mummies have or feel these contractions. The main reason is because of thinning of the cervix tissue.

BH contractions sometime are hard to distinguish from early signs of preterm labour.

If you are the contractions feeling more then 4 times in an hour, it would be better for your to call your gynae as it could be pre-term labour and NOT BH.

For BH, once you change your position the contraction will go away, also false labour will not grow consistently longer, stronger and closer.
 
pink

my dosage is 1 tablet 3 times a day. But i haven't been taking them. I take only if i get contractions. So far so good. Side effects that i had was heart palpitations.

Reira
No idea leh. Maybe when their fingers are strong enough to bang it? haha.
 
Morning ladies
happy.gif


Today is a happy day cos bb's dresser is finally going to be delivered today! Can start to pack bb's stuff in le
happy.gif
Then I'm having really sore back at my right hip, luckily i've booked my massage today. Hope it feels better
happy.gif


Speaking of BH, the worst one i had was when i was in 4/5 mths ... tummy just suddenly got tightened, and it felt heavy & crampy from the tummy all the way to the back. That was when i rushed down to gynae's clinic 1st thing in the morning but it was ok by the time i reached there. Scared the hell out of me cos i've never experienced anything like dat.

reira,
All my pillows are moo moo design de
happy.gif
 
JTS, ~~~forgotten all about it since Mon
i saw the bb crawling mat...
similar to those BP ones at bugis pasar malam...

hmmm, think its the similar one that tas order from taobao...

from looking at the seller...think the mats are from china...
cos the seller look like from china...
din check the price thou...
 
just called the cord blood bank to donate the cord blood. going for interview tom while waiting for gynae's appt.

cloudme

maybe that fellow bought from taobao then sell it here. :p
 
piggy

u can just call them and arrange lor. I'm meeting them at TMC.

From what i understand, if my donated cordblood is available when i need to use it for siblings, it's 2.6k only. If for own use, it's free (coz likely the cordblood already have some genetic probs). If use cordblood that's from others, will pay 26k. So thought since i'm not banking the cordblood anyway, might as well donate it. If sway sway need to use, the price is not too ex.
 
Mashy, where will the interview be conducted?

I donated my boy's cord blood too the last round and I did the interview at KKH. Now with a toddler, I don't want to go down to KKH specially to do the interview.
 
Mashy, thanks for the info! I will call them and arrange them to meet me at TMC next week when I go for gynae checkup.
 
Mashy,
icic wah mus go so far...

Irene,
ya lor not wise to go with toddler.. i also thinkin of donating cos i heard if touch wood really anything happen they wun recommend u to use back ur own cord (tt means gene no gd) so no pt signin up cordlife..
 
mashy,

ya, it is really a good idea to donate their baby's cord blood if is not going to deposit it.

Actually i also wish to donate my baby's cord blood however, i failed for their first requirement, which is "Family history of inherited or acquired blood disorders or immunological disorders, e.g. G6PD Deficiency in father, mother or baby's sibling."

I only know i am a G6PD carrier when the PD told me my new born baby (my #1) is a G6PD baby.
 
Piggytoh, yah lor..I see must spend so much to store and I was hoping not to use it so might as well donate it and do some good karma for my kids the moment they are born.
We need to inform our gynae we are donating our bb's cord blood. And then when you are in the delivery suite, the nurse will come draw 3 tubes of blood from you.

Why not you call SCBB up and see where they can meet you?
 
Irene,
ya tt wat i tink also cos after i done a research i find tt the cord blood storing a lot of restriction n if things really happen may not be able to use so might as well do a gd deed by donating it.... ok i will call up n check..
 
piggytoh,
wait i am confused...thot if we stored their own cord, if they have some blood diseases it will definitely help...what do you mean not suitable sometimes?
 
celine

yes, have to draw blood.

piggy
u gotta check too if your gynae is charging u for harvesting the cord blood or not. Some gynaes charge. Apparently mine doesn't when i asked the cord blood pp.
 
celine

actually if bb has blood disease, chances are the cord blood will also have the same genetic prob, so cannot use. Cord blood is best for siblings. Not for themselves.
 
Celine,
no if *touch wood* ur baby have blood diseases it may mean the gene of the blood is no gd so they wun recommend u to use back the blood cord.. i find it is more useful for ur child sibling... also if ur child only kena the blood diseases at older age the cell in the blood cord may not be enough to save his/her life also..
 
celine,
not every disease can use cord blood to cure....i read up quite alot n decided not to store
plus the small quantity we store, might not even haf stem cells inside the cord blood

sjirley,
im planning to donate too
 
I always thot banking the cord stem for him will be some extra insurance for him+sibling. Obviously I did not do enough research..
 
Celine,
no tt y i din sign up cordlife... actually if u notice most of the reported case is saving life of sibling... cos cordlife is commercial mah they will only tell u the benefits
happy.gif
 

I just called SCBB and they will meet me next week at TMC when I go for checkup at my gynae's clinic.

Mashy, my gynae doesn't charge for extracting the cord blood too.

celine, yes!!! Extract 3 tubes of blood in the delivery suite from YOU. That time they didn't take enough still to my ward later on and ask for more! Hahaha..I just tell them help ourself lah.
 

Back
Top