(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Jac,
Yes, if a few of us ordering, the domestic shipping will be waive. My hb will help to carry the items back. (so international shipping is free)

We have the same thoughts... I'm buying some winter wear so that my bb can wear in the plane, travel from airport and the few days at home. (it can get quite cold in the house too!)

our singapore version of taobao:
http://www.gmarket.com.sg/
(arrgghh! My shopping cart is also full already)

I can recongise alot of the things are available in taobao also. Just slightly more expensive in gmarket.
happy.gif

reira

thank you...baby can only sign up after one month for prudential rite?

eh...how to do the bold thing???cant seems to figure out.

cherrios
I got my menses too last week , and it's 6 weeks after my delivery. I was quite shock that it's fast and I'm breastfeeding too...
sad.gif

pacifier
anyone letting baby use one?

These few days I noticed Zachary won't sleep in the afternoon,night (till 11pm) unless someone hug him, walk around after 30mins then he will sleep.

Or, I let him suckle till he zzz.

Make me so tempted to just give him a pacifier.

mere mum
you are welcome. =)

pinkmama
we just let him try pigeon one (got from newborn kit set) but he dont want. he want me. often he end up vomit milk cos silly boy over drink. haiz... when i see him vomit so much milk out i heartache cos vomitting hurts!

Reira

same case as you....my gal wont slp after milk...got to cuddle her n walk ard for half an hour or more then she will fall aslp....if not then will drink milk till she over drink and vomit milk...i let my gal use pigeon pacifier...let her suckle till she fall aslp...so no more over drinking n vomiting... =)

meremum, i sent you the form already. If you did not receive, please PM me again in case I miss your message on the forum. Thanks.

mere mum
=( he did it again. changed his diaper and he woke up. then cranky for a min but ok right after i nurse him and went to lala land after 14mins. i wonder how to cure this need to suckle to zzz. i dont fancy pacifier, prefer if i dont need it. i wonder when he start this bad habit!

My baby too had problems sleeping last night. Refused to sleep even though we fed her, changed her, sing to her, rocked her. Tried the pacifier, but she doesn't know how to suck on it yet. DH was so exhausted trying to get her to sleep.

Finally until 1plus, BF her again coz she looked hungry then she finally slept. Cluessless as to what she really wanted before she slept, coz we tried bottle feeding her earlier and she didnt sleep and just kept crying.

On my hand so heart pain coz no idea what she wanted and also frustrated coz I didn't get any nap yesterday so was super tired!

joai, sharon, its normal for babies to fuss in the evenings/nights. They will settle down eventually around 2+ months... gotta hang in there.

morning all

New school term after a week of break for Kai, he will be celebrating his birthday in school and dinner out with family.

How's everyone doing?

Any good swimming classes in JW for a 6 yr old?

i just borrowed some books from library. One of the books is entitled 'The idle Parent'. haha, i read the intro already like it coz it encourages parents to be more idle so that kids can be more independent. Less interference, let them occupy themselves and make up their own games & their occupy their own time. hahah.

Kai is super independent but swimming is an important surviving skill so thinking of starting him. Once he can swimming, we can use my neighbour's pool in Oz anytime we want too.

Morning mummies, today is my 4th day without CL and my breast milk has reduced to half. I'm busy doing these :

washing baby clothes (bb vomit milk to my clothes and her clothes, shit overflow and dirty her clothes and the mattress
sad.gif
)
washing adult clothes, hanging clothes, folding clothes.
cooking soup for myself but need to watch out for the fire.
pumping milk, always pump halfway, bb wakes up, got to stop and carry her.
throw garbage bag, the rubbish chute is quite a distance away.
washing bottles, sterilizing.
mopping my bedroom floor.
changing bb's bedsheets n pillow cases everyday.
feeding baby every 2 hours including night time.
changing diapers, washing her buttocks
cooking porridge for elder son on wkends.

everyday, my legs are wobbly by afternoon cos i've climbed up and down the stairs more than 10 times... staying with my inlaws n my room is on the 2nd floor... I'm so tired. I don't know how many more days i can survive. My breastmilk is diminishing.
sad.gif

"sorry for the long complaints"

Joey, hang in there. Why not get a playpen and stay put below on the ground-floor?

If bb does not have skin sensitivity, do not need to change the bedsheet and pillow cases daily.

As for clothing, can use washing machine. Instead of pumping, why not direct latch her.

Maybe you can mop alternate day so you will not tired yourself out.

joeey

tips for making your housework light:

1) Don't change bb's bedsheets and pillow cases everyday. Instead, use a nappy cloth and cover over the bedsheet/pillow case. U just need to change the nappy cloth.
2) Don't pump. Direct latch. Then u won't need to waste time pumping and washing/sterilising bottles & pumps
3) Get part time help to do the moping of floor and washing/ironing of adult clothes.
4) Get your hb to throw the rubbish. C'mon, can't he do something simple like that?
5) use the washing machine for bb's clothes.

joeey

tips for making your housework light:

1) Don't change bb's bedsheets and pillow cases everyday. Instead, use a nappy cloth and cover over the bedsheet/pillow case. U just need to change the nappy cloth.
2) Don't pump. Direct latch. Then u won't need to waste time pumping and washing/sterilising bottles & pumps
3) Get part time help to do the moping of floor and washing/ironing of adult clothes.
4) Get your hb to throw the rubbish. C'mon, can't he do something simple like that?
5) use the washing machine for bb's clothes.

mich,
thanks but how to pacify fussy babies...i worry if we carry too much then he will get used to it n demand to b carried
but yet see him cry cannot dun carry
my arms are breaking fr carrying him

hi dear all,
my legs n arms breaking too!
bb finally sleeping nw, he was vry cranky since 7am!nw i am pumping tats y get to log in here...

just to share:
i bought bb to see PD on last sat(instructed by MIL) and to find out some questions/ problems that i am facing,here are watthe PD told me:

BB is 5w5d as of last sat, he is 4.97kg - doc say he put on wt too fast, she said bb should inc 1 kg a mth.
i am feeding him 120ml per feed nw, doc use total ML/WT and saying i am over feed him!( abt 150/wt) for bb ard my bb age, should feed 80-150, mine consider on high side.
now i start to reduce the water to 100, after added FM will get 110ml and he still finish all and look hungry, crying cos nt enuff! haiz
btw, i have started to take the med to inc BM ss, no side effect so far and seems ss improve!

Reira

I dun fancy pacifier as well. Initially told my hubby tht we must not give bb pacifier. But now i give in to her need to suckle to slp... = ( if not most the time i'll be awake feeding her...n cleaning her vomiting cos of over drinking...

meremum, i emailed u already.

regg, wow, your baby is of such good weight! But if he's hungry, then no choice but to feed rite? My PD was telling me to feed my baby 110ml at 5 weeks as she says the 90ml I give is not enough... hmmm every PD has a different opinion.

mich
yalor
and my bb still have alot of wind in e stomach.. last nite he was like a monster! cry n awake from 10pm -1240am.. then 1am feeding again.. till 130am i get to sleep
sad.gif

joeey,
reading ur 'complaint' list. make me think i am next. my CL is leaving this wed. i ask my hb to take leave for my 'transition' period to get used to the new daily routine.

kikilala,

Thanks for organising the spree again!

for the RMB item price, do we have to add on the 平邮 & 快递 amt, before divide by 4.6 to get SGD?

peg/joeey,

Same here ... Mine ends this coming sunday ... and today i already broke down & cried again when i think of it cos this morning Ovann has been crying even though i've changed his diapers and fed him .... i suddenly felt very helpless and wonder if i can survive without my mum helping.
sad.gif

pegfur,
soon we in the same boat. mood swing i guess dun think too much. now i keep peeping how my CL handle my gal. hope i dun panic when the actual day comes.

peg,
Ya, we in the same boat ... really hope i dun panic or lose my temper/sanity when dat day comes
sad.gif

baby bonus/cda account
Do you submit the photocopies of your bank book and ic for the baby bonus/cda thing?

Hi Aug09 mummies, I am also a Aug09 mummy : ). Have been reading this thread for a lot of tips and encouraging words but never got around to posting until now. Hope I am welcome here.

My baby girl will be 4 weeks old in 2 days time. Have the same problem as some mummies here - she tends to overdrink and then puke her milk up. My CL says that sometimes although she seems to want to drink, i.e. mouth open wide and twist to her left or right like looking for my nipple. it is not always that she is hungry. so what she does is try to pacify her first. sometimes she settles down and actually fall asleep! so now i also try to first see whether can pacify her first. esp when she just fed not long ago. like just now she had 50ml and another 50ml barely half hour later and yet she still open her mouth big big. we carried her for a while and she fell asleep.

want to check with mummies who fully latch. i do that in the day but sometimes timing difficult to control. my baby will suck on one side and then sometimes sleep for 3 hours or more. this means that if i do not pump the other side, sometimes may have to wait for 5 hours or more before she latches on that side. seems like i cannot avoid pumping because i try not to go more than 4 hours without latch/lump. scared supply will drop since now my supply is actually good. anyone has the same problem or your babies latch more often so no issue for you?

pegsfur,

for me if after change diapers and fed bb and bb still cry i will try the following :

- burp the baby
- apply 'ru yi you' on your bb tummy

ladies,

me too.. my confiment nanny is also leaving soon.. at least u all hav yr hubby in the evening time so not so bad la.. me alone.. hope i can handle.. oh, i'm also tinking of order tingkat for myself.. any good recommedation..

ktmum,

welcome on board!

My bb girl also have the same problem, even immediately after fed she will open her mouth wide to her left and right looking for nipple. If i continue to feed her, she will throw out. i just try to pacify her becuase most of the time she just want and confirm latch on and then go to sleep.

for me, bcoz i am going to start work soon, so i only let her drink EBM, after she had the EBM, if she still want more, i will latch her on on one side and pump the other side.

Back