(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

piggytoh
mine is purposely kick away loh.. but he asleep liao then ok, but miidle of the nite still can see the blanket under him..

deebee
i bought javier's sleepsuit from mothercare.. 12-18months.. they have even bigger size too..
 


baby ja
is it! ok i go take a look. do they come with booties? as in the feet wrapped together with the whole piece of sleep suit?
 
april
me too.. set 25 degree with falan blowing.. my monster got sensitive nose so pd advise better not to set lower than 25 degree.. then put humidifier... but my humidifier still at in'laws' house.. havent bring over.. hee..
 
deebee
yup, they have..

photo of my boy wearing..

4021385.jpg
 
Sleeping Suits
I find mothercare sleeping suit a bit thicker. i bought from OG (18months the biggest) and some BPs here, the sleeping suit material is thinner, more suitable for Singapore weather especially if the air-con is set at 25 degreeC. If the baby feet are not cold then no need socks. My girl will squeeze herself at a corner n make soft noise if she feels cold.

1 yr old cake.
The mickeymouse layered cake very nice! The PG means Pine Garden? I'll try the cake in the coming weekend. I heard Lana Cake is good, anyone try it? Need to pre-order first though. I'll try both if I've the time before Aug... thanks!
 
piggytoh> the mickey cake is so cute la. how big n how much is tat? but maybe i will only get it for my boy 3yrs old bdae ba. 1yr old, dunno anything =p

wah. less den 100. sounds good. den maybe i can get pg for my boy's 1st bdae. within budget wor

deebee> my boy wears socks 24hrs other than bathing wor. dunno y. de chinese sinseh i brought him to (yu guo) told me to let my boy wear socks. cos he olways got cold
 
Hi Pris, I know. I went there last yr lunch at an Italian Restaurant n thought I can grab a Lana Cake back to try, too bad the cake must preorder, service was not very good but friends say the cake taste like can "fly in the sky" wonder if it's so good. Heehee... the one month baby cake I tried 3 shops, hopefully one yr old baby cake dont need to try many...
 
BB, my dh used to pre-order and pick it up for me once in a while when we were in Sg. I also love Hilton's walnut cheesecake.
 
Lana cake is the famous chocolate cake right? tink shop at Bt timah, yes they hv attitude problem. Jane cakeshop at Jalan Kayu oso have nice chocolate cake juz like Lana Cake.

we talking all the cakes today, i feel like eating cakes now. hahaha
happy.gif
 
BB,
yes PG refer to pine garden.

Michelle,
the mickey cake is 2kg.. the price depend on which cake u chose.. the range is $32-$36/kg. u can chose 1 layer 1 flavour.. but the bottom layer seems bigger dunno if it is heavier haven ask into detail yet:p
 
re: t-shirt
sorry got no time to post on thread
ryan is not v cooperative today
im consolidating into the goggle spreadsheet now...not all orders inside yet (those email n sms ones)
will finish it by tml nite
meanwhile pls refer to the spreadsheet
 
Pris, maybe u come back Singapore can give baking lessons... heehee... I'll try Lana cake when I've the time to drive there. Parking is a problem there. It has been 3 yr I never stepped into Hilton, the last time went there was to pick up my wedding rings... the buffet there is good too...

piggytoh, thanks. I'll check out pine garden cake this weekend.
 
Hi Sharon, thanks for the time to organize the customized T-Shirts. Hope those nuisance complaints wont affect u too much. Hugz... I saw the prices r up. R we supposed to pay now? Do let us know
happy.gif
 
Hi ladies, nice meeting up with those who went Gymboree Trial yesterday. First time meeting you gals, thus very shy. Megan was not cooperative and keep wandering away ... like the sheep who lost her way ... haha. I thk I will sign up for classes only after she knows how to walk and be more cooperative!
 
BB - if u are looking for chocolate cake, u can try awfully chocolate

irene - count me in for the trial

piggytoh - the moo moo design is cute. i love it! If Yan can improvise from there it would even be better....
 
hello, abit off topic hoh..
i wan to ask ar.. anyone using Peg Perego Pliko Switch? and as for car seat combi prime long?
thought of selling my current peg perego p3..... any advise?
 
and er,
anyone thought of giving organic goat milk to bb when they are 1yo? i saw in cold storage S$18.90 only. cheaper than my current karihome...
 
Sharon, thanks for compiling the bash tees order.. really a tough job..

Piggy, keep me posted if you are organizing a trial gym session, i guess by oct/nov, the kids should be able to walk.

Pauline, PP gym sounds great, super near, if there is a trial, i will be happy to bring my girl over..

Re: Cakes vs Cupcakes
i am deciding among the 2 too and kind prefer the cake as cupcakes rather exp and not too well receive by the older generation..

Re: Cakes
my fren got her twin bday cake from PG, not bad, worth considering. "Jane" chocolate cake is nice?? i must try it out, staying so near but never eat their cake before. any other recommendation on cake??
 
Re: Gym Trial.

i notice there is a bb gym at Harbourfront, not sure how's the cost and if they provide trial. i am thinking of checking them out, anyone keen?
 
bb/april> haha. i find lana cake overrated leh. ok la. it's nice. but not nice until can fly lo. moerover the cake quite ugly. one black piece of shit =x

piggytoh> hehe. no details on the webbie. tink i shuld juz email them? can i have their email address??

sharon> hehe. take ur time. thx for coordinating.

ml> same. have not brought my boy to all these classes. tot i wanna let him learn to crawl n walk properly before going for this classes. den he can better appreciate. else i think i'm the one doing the exercise. but than again, he's in ifc, so basically they have all that in sch too. maybe can try out diff ones

lawshe> where is this jane chocolate cake?

haha. ya. i was oso wondering isin't it gymboree? =p
 
Michelle,
Jane cake at Jalan Kayu. they hv 2 types of cakes oni, chocolate fudge cake and durian cake. near my house I can take stroll to Jalan Kayu. I came to knew it when my elder son is 5 years old, so i use their cake for my son bday cake, since he love chocolate so much.
as u say not nice looking lah...
 
morning ladies...

Eunice,
no worries la since i abit free mah.. if u gals all ok with cow den i will need to check with Yan got extras charges anot cos the cow looks like more work n ingredient involve.

Michelle,
here u go:
[email protected]

Lawshe,
oh i be orgainisin the Playdays la... which is in the west leh i tink may be too far for u.
 
sharon> oo. jalan kayu ah. next time ask hubby bring me there to buy

april> haha. so it's de kind of cake tat is totally black oso one? =p ok la. buy n eat myself lo

piggytoh> thx. will email them =p
 
morning mummies..

re cakes or cupcakes: i'll be having cupcakes plus one small cake on top tier for candles and cutting..

anyone know where i can buy those clear plastic cupcake tiers ah? PH is suppose to sell it but when i weent to hougang branch yesterday they only had a lacy expensive one..
 
Morning mummies,

RE: isetan sale...

i only saw ...the meat mincer/grinder ...
this is currently the one that i am having in mind ....

RE: cake
those pic of cakes are nice...
i think i will get a simple one to be fair for my #1...cos her's only a simple cartoon character...
 
deebees,
my boy still wear socks if we switch on air con otherwise he just wear long pants/short sleeves
happy.gif


pris/bb,
I just went greenwood ave for lunch recently, walk in to Lana to buy the cake without any preordering leh. But I agreed with some ladies that Jane's station chocolate cake is comparable nice too.
happy.gif


dolliepollie,
I bought afew cakes for my family members' birthday b4, so far the favorite is passion fruit meringue. But their customized cakes are on the expensive side at least above $200+ depending on the designs and most of them are made of fondant which I personally dun like still prefer fresh cream. :p
 
piggy,

Quite ex hor ... alamak .. now looking for venues for ovann's bday. Seems like we r left with only chalets (which i dun particularly like) and CC. Where r u gonna hold kyler's?
 
re: PG Cakes
I ordered from PG b4 for my #1 boy 2YO birthday, I think for customized cakes their price is more economical thou the designs are limited.

My Boy's Thomas the Train Cake:
4022957.jpg
 
re: 1YO birthday celebration
I am also having headache dunno shud celebrate big or not for my boy... want to plan a simple one for just closed family members but worry my MIL want to invite this and that in the end got to invite the whole village *sigh*
 
Pegsfur,
i dun like the east side chalet wanted to book Chervon in the beginning but no more room.. so thot of safra but too ex liao... n finally find a ideal place... at Jurong west sport complex the room nice, cheap n with a toilet attach in the room as well but..... guess wat.. reserve for youth olympic practise till Sept... so now waitin for my friend to help me book her condo function rm... venue is the biggest headache..

Celine,
me too goin to make it a proper yet simple 1.. only familes n close friend... :p
 
Celine,
The cake look very nice !!

Piggytoh,
Thanks for providing their email. Ive just send them an enquiry =)

Our discussions here abt bday bash and cake/shirt ordering make me kinda excited and very much looking fwd...heehee...
Thanks all who make this happen =D
 
Eunice, I like awkfully chocolate too but a bit too much chocolate, heehee...

Michelle, hahahaha... quite true leh, a piece of sh*t.

Sharon, thanks thanks for the link. closing date is 30 May, I'll go through it tonight. I hv a quick glance, got the mooncake hello kitty mold, must buy ah!

Celine, u r so lucky to get the cake without preorder. I'll check out Jane's station too. Thanks.
 
Re: venue
I wanted to hold it at chalet too, @ Loyang but its all fully booked during that weekend.
So now we are holding it at my husband's studio =P...gotta tone down abit on the guest list.
We are thinking maybe to split into two sessions bah, one for relatives n one for friends.
 



Back
Top