(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs


Mashy,

Pls add me too.

Nick : ohyeah
BB Order : #1
Gynae : Dr Yvonne Chan
Hospital : TMC
BB Gender : Boy
EDD : 19 Jul

Thank you!

So glad to see all July's MTB here.
 
Hi ohyeah,
You weight yourself about same time? Using same weighing scale? Ate salty food? Water retention may contribute to the weight diff too.

Typically we are heavier at night then in the morning (if i didn't remember wrong). Think it's because of the moon's gravitational pull. And diff weighing scale may give diff reading.

Prob should monitor for a few days more, if really uneasy about t, then go check with your gynae

My weight also fluctuates by about 500g to a kg each time i measure. I attribute that to water reention +)
 
Princess

Think maybe we shld just leave an email address and not phone numbers?? Wat do u think? I dont want some weirdos start calling us up in the middle of the night rite!!! Kakakakakakakak
 
Hi Yan and Princess, am not sure if you have heard about this website that helps you to look for nanny. My friend engaged their services and she gave very good positive feedback so thus recommended this guy called Adrain who is like an agent to me.
 
Mashy: did you find out why it leak? Cause some mothers don't find it leaky but some do. strange though....

PPrincess: you mean those sold in S'pore are now BPA free? I had a friend that told me those sold in S'pore are not BPA free and have to get from US. So, I was just wondering if here have BPA free then I will just get it here..but now Mashy said they are leaky....hmmm....

BTW, anybody went to BabyMeadows at Katong Mall? Is it worth going?
 
koko

couldn't find out why coz even new bottles with new teats leak. No matter how i screw it, pop the teats out, also no use. And after a while, the milk accumulate in the tiny crevices of the teats and i have to use toothpick to get them out. Sometimes also no use.

Have a friend who happily told me hers didn't leak and the next day, her bottles started to leak. Hahaha. Even new bottles she bought also same thing and now she has changed to a different brand.
 
babymeadows got 15% off strollers. they have cots, feeding stuff, baby clothes. went there twice. nice to look at, but not worth going all the way there cos stuff quite normal price, i.e. got discounts but not much. almost bought baby cots there. but lucky waited till taka fair, cheaper at fair
 
mashy - oh is it ? i thought nursing pillow and breastfeeding pillow are different. any thoughts about buying pillows 2nd hand ? some ppl say better not to.
 
bestberries

thot of that too coz i tried the one at parents' craft room in tmc and i find it very comfy and easy to breastfeed that way. why better not to?
 
HBB, i muz learn fr u to cook the fish papaya soup. But only scared no time :-( Hee, then last resort to rely on my mum... Wonder her recipe is the same as yours.... shd be more or less the same.

Sheryl, so gd your bb so active today. Mine not so active. I'm still trying to relax myself today to count his movements after the strenuous exercise i had yest.

Friend of zoo, think this mar hol seems like a fam week. My sis oso brought her children to zoo today while my bro brought his to birdpark and sentosa yest. Lucky the weather turns better in early afternoon.
 
Hi xman,
the website is www.88nanny.com I hope you find it useful.
happy.gif


Note: Please change the 8 to b.. cos i am unable to post and it shows error if i type 2(b)s,
 
HBB

Do u keep the fish bone in a bag when cooking? Coz i scared i accidentally swallow a fish bone. But wondering where can i get the bag to contain the fish while cooking.
 
koko
i saw the BPA free bottles at kiddy palace abt $15+ each. u may want to check them out
happy.gif


jamie
u know the charges for the nanny? bcos i actualli did email them to ask for some info. but no reply at all!
 
Mashy: Oh dear...i've got 2 new Avent bottles which a friend gave that's why i'm considering to get 2 more but BPA free....this is tricky...hmmm...

Those bags for fish bones, I think you can get it from Daiso. Alternatively, you could get those that bags for coconut juice, I think it works the same way.

Bestberries: thanks. I was just reading this month's motherhood mag and saw their ad, that's why i'm wondering if its worth a trip down cause its rather far from where i'm staying.
 
Princess
I try call this Adrian that Jamie introduce and update you again.. The reason why i didnt want to get an agent is because not sure how high their fees will be.. Anyway if really no choice how much also have to pay.. so long the nanny is good..
 
Jamin,

thanks, I just called and the guy who answered the call said he's very busy and will call back me later.

pprincess,

maybe u try to call them to ask?I read from the web it's starting from $550 but different nanny may different, as some got cert one which is $50 more exp.
 
koko

where to buy the bags? daiso have? I went there before but couldn't find.

Maybe u can use the avent ones to store BM instead? I've a couple of free avent bottles too and i'm intending to use them to store BM. Just get the sealing disc that Elijah's mum posted above. I've plenty of those from my #1.
 
xman
i lazy to call tats why email them. hahas! somemore cannt call during work also bcos my office phone are all recorded. like veri paiseh to let them hear this kind of conversation. yeah, i read from the webbie the charges is so, jus tat wan to know whether include the agent fee or not
happy.gif


yan
thanks. i will also need to check out new nannies. sigh. so long yet so fast! kanchiong liaos.
 
Yan, pprincess,

Have u ladies considered infant care?
I am deciding bet infant care and nanny. Actually i am more in favour of infant care as at least there are more than 1 caregiver at any one time to sortof keep an eye on each other. What if my appointed nanny turns out to be a baby-shaking psycho?? Sorry, heard too many baby abuse stories!
 
enchante

I was also an advocate of infant care until my own experiences changed it all.

I've bad experience with infant care. Not that the caregivers weren't good. But the amt of virus that goes round is terrible. My boy was sick throughout his 8mths stay there, being classified as asthmatic coz of that, and smaller size than all his peers. Regretted sending him there. So bo bian, i quit my job and stayed at home with him. So much better now.... Will never consider sending my #2 to infant care at all.
 
Mashy,

I am new here.Pls add me too.

Nick :Baby_juno
BB Order : #1
Gynae : Dr Chua Tse Meng
Hospital : NUH
BB Gender : Boy
EDD : 28 Jul


Thank you
 
enchante

I did consider infant care but hubby not favourable to it.. hmm.. coz he feels tat being in an open environment with so many other babies, toddles and kids very easy to get sick.. Also i was planning on getting someone who can look after overnight services for me at least for the first 6 months so infant care is out and they r very strict about pick up timings..

Princess
I update you once the guy call me back coz he was busy when i called him.. If 25% is just a one off fee i really dont mind if he can get me a good nanny at a location thats convenient for me too..
 
enchante
agreed wif wad yan and mashy said. moreover, they dun give 1 to 1 attention, thou dey haf cert. dey onli can gif abt 1 to 3 attention, which is rather bad. wad if at least 2 of them requires attention at the same time? or if 1 or 2 requrie more attention? they will neglect the rest.
pls the cost of infant care realli put me off. im single and only earning abit over $1k after cpf, hence not possible for me to use my 1 month's pay to pay for the infant care. at least $500 to nanny, i still have balance $500 for my own meals + transport and some to buy diapers necessarity etc.
 
mashy - i meant buy 2nd hand nursing pillow cos some ppl say got bacteria... no offense pthots, just sharing some views. wow, 73 MTBs in jul, think the shops should start having their sales early.
 
pprincess

infant care is good for those with strong kids and and yell for attn type. I remember that time there was a little gal who was practically crying all the time and the caregivers have to carry her all the time. That one really worth the money. My boy very guai as a baby and didn't make much noise.
 
Mashy: you can try those shops that sells crockery...most older estates would have those shops.

If not get a muselin cloth and put the fish bones in there then tie it up and throw it into the pot. But I think the bag is easier.

Wow, we have 73 MTB and the ratio of boys vs girls are quite close. At one glance, i thought I saw more boys but its just 5 more only :)
 
RE: Infant care

I would choose infant care over nanny if I don't have a choice. However, there are some criterias that I would look for. Eg no air-cons, cleanliness, hygiene practices, etc

Children bond to get sick when they are in a group but that's how they build their immunity, too.

With an infant carer, they are trained to care and play with the baby unlike the nanny unless you can get one that is trained in infant care.
 
hello mashy

I'm new to the thread.
Pls add me to the list.

Nick :Gemini19
BB Order : #2
Gynae : Dr Adrian Woodworth
Hospital : TMC
BB Gender : Boy
EDD : 22 Jul

Thanks
 
Re: Infant care.
The husband also want to put our bb in infant care... MIL working, my mum lives too far away, don't want hire maid and leave stranger alone in our home with newborn bb, afraid get bad nanny... My biggest worry is still bb will get sick easily. I don't mind taking leave to take car of bb when she is sick, but heart pain....

Try so hard and do so many things will bb in tummy to make sure bb will be born healthy, then send to infant care and get sick... Bb unable to communicate well, won't be able to tell me where she's not feeling well.... think already make me want to be a SAHM....


Hi Yan,
Congrats on your bb boy!
 
Lamagier
Thanks so much.. i was hopin for a boy actually so after tis can close shop...kakakakakaka.. At least i can answer to my dh family already..

I did want infant care but dh strongly against that idea so end up no choice find a nanny is the only option left.. Also infant care timings really to fixed already, for workin exec very hard to accomodate sometimes esp with the overtime work and sometimes traffic jams at peak periods.. so must really work out the options well..
 
Wow so many baby boys here, on my side, all my friends are having baby girls.. Nothing wrong with that but tts kinda like overwhelming!!
So its good to know that there are still many baby boys around here!! heehee

Yos Yan, hope you managed to get a good nannny ya! Good Luck!

Hi Lamagier, I tend to agree with koko, cos I think infant care nowadays are pretty professional, and babies do build their immunity as they grow.. So dun worry too much ok!
happy.gif
 
kitty
ask ur mum roughly wat goes in her fish soup!!mayb gt something else I dn add cos I cook this base on very basic ingredient whn I was overseas
share w us k? hee...

mashy
I dn wrap fish bones in bag cos they r pretty big pcs so far no chance to swallow the bone 'touch wood'
if use fish steak den dn need worry bout bones aso

e bag cn buy a those hdb champalang shop. I tink bout $1 or so onli
 


Mummies are the greatest!!

i think most of us will be willing to scarifice for our kids...

I hope I have enough reasons to quit my job and look after my kid on my own..

but financial commitments somehow restricts it..
 

Back
Top