(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

My hubby has been bottle feeding EBM to my boy using the NUK bottle latex teat. At the beginning my boy protested very strongly but as time passes by, he got used to my hubby feeding the last feed with the bottle so not much protest anymore. I think you just have to be consistent and give the bottle regularly so that baby will learn to accept it.

My boy nowadays wakes up everytime i try to put him down in his cot/sarong after he falls asleep in my arms. Just went i thought I was making headway with his sleeping issues, he starts his thing again hmmm. Babies are really smart huh? they try to outwit you all the time.

Vogue Mummy: In case you didn't see Sharon Limb posting: TBF = total breast feeding
happy.gif

My boy start to drink normal again today, so got to leave more milk at the nanny's place

Shelisa: Neck red red: Did you try calendula cream? My boy had it once last week, I just apply it after wiping him clean and the next day it's gone.

Shirley: I dun have that much milk lah! Now my freezer only got 4 bottles! hahaha
One milktray can one time freeze 30ml x 8 sticks, so it's like freeze 240ml every 3 hours
happy.gif

Hi Dolly,

What is the calendula cream use for? I have seen it mentioned in a few threads but do not really know what its uses.

Joyce, my friend introduce it to my by giving it to me during my boy's first month party. It's like a godsend! Cos my boy's face was having red dots and pimples, we've tried corn flour and other means before. And w just one application of Calendula cream, it goes away! Plus it has a nice smell and I was told it can be eaten, so it's safe for babies
happy.gif

I use it almost wherever there's rashes, and put it on my boy's face daily.

Shirley, just to add to dolly's comment, the milk trays are sold in a set of 2 trays, so you should have enough room to freeze all the ebm if you use both trays at the same time.

Shelisa, so glad to hear that Sermaine is all ok! So what you gonna do about the poly doc? Go back and scold her..? Btw, skyla also has redness at her neck fold, so I apply the calendula cream on the fold every morning. I also apply her armpits, cos they look red too. Nowadays don't look red anymore. Her neck seems to take longer to see results.

Joyce, like dolly, I also use calendula cream everywhere on baby. Use on rash, redness, cuts, or just for general moisturisation. Calendula is supposed to have very good healing properties. Supposed to be good for diaper rash too.

qi7 & LFB, have you recovered from your diarrhoea? I also had it last week, just came out of nowhere, not sure what caused it too. LFB, it is safe to continue giving baby your bm. In fact, it is even better, cos it will contain antibodies of whatever virus/illness that you are having, making her more immune to it. UNLESS you're taking medication that has not been tested for bf safety.

dolly, I just ordered from bp the calendula everyday lotion and the everyday sunblock
happy.gif
Now can use the lotion to moisturise baby everyday!

TubbyMummy: I didn't order the sunblock though, considered it's a bit too vain for a baby boy... hahaha
happy.gif
Maybe next time when he goes out more often

hi mummies,
anyone knows the appropriate time lag to BF after taking medication?

im having an irritating blocked nose and i took medication last night around 9pm. is it safe to continue BF now after 12 hrs?

i tried calling lactation consultants and PDs but none would give me a definitive answer. bleah.

I agree with tubbymummy it's better to feed baby with BM even when I'm sick. Once I had fever I'm eating panadol and still pumping,Kaelyn's still fine.

I'm using california baby calming wash and calendula cream. I hope Kaelyn skin's better, not like Kassius. I never use wash on him and his skin's so dry I have to go skin centre for treatements and even until now the skin on his legs are still as dry. I'm trying the calming wash on him as well
happy.gif

hi papaya123,
i just got some from better toy store at ngee ann city level 4. they have a small selection of la maze cloth books which are quite good. not too sure if robinsons carry them too.

good morning mummies
anyone gg to isetan private sale tmr?

dolly/joyce
i was told calendula cream is a miracle cream when i first start to buy it
happy.gif
i tink its gd, can use it for the whole family and any rash usually just disappear overnight. i usually buy a few tubs to stock up.

Mummies, any opinions on which is better in terms of cost and value for money - Raffles Medical Clinic at Tampines One or Tampines Polyclinic?

arrr.... kena red eye, tonight might be my first night without baby
sad.gif

Sent a can of formula to the nanny as well,just in case not enough milk at night. My supply seems to have dropped, can't pump as much as yesterday

wah seems like quite a few mummies kenna red eye...

btw, anyone who is on tbf has spotting or kenna menses? i was spotting from ytd... den jus nw seem to be a bit more blood, suspect it might be menses... i tot on tbf shdnt haf menses one leh?

<font color="cc0099"> Just dropping in with a quick line. Happening days on my end
happy.gif
Haven't found time to log on much at all.

Kyle's 4 months old Friday! Had his vaccinations Mon. Thk God he's a tough "little" bub.
My little man is now 64cm tall and ...wait for this... <font size="+1"><blink>a whopping 7.92kgs!!!!</blink></font>
That's 75th percentile for height and 90th percentile for weight. *gasp*

sweethalo, Noah's growth spurt must be over by now right?!

caramelle, hope Alya is sleeping better and continues to make improvements.

Ash~, how are your wrists?

Ahnet~, yes. TBF not common to get periods back so soon but I got my first at 6.5 weeks. Gynae verified that it was my first period. But haven't had any further cycles thereafter. BTW, had biopsy done and by God's grace, results were alright - "just a virus", nothing life-threatening.
happy.gif
</font>

ahnetsan: Other than Blurmom and I, got other mummies kena red eye meh?

Just thinking is it my immunity dropped, just started work 2 days only leh

Cassey: Looking at the percentile figure, seems like your boy a bit big horizontally leh!
happy.gif

Chris: Yeah, since it's baby safe, I'm contemplating using it as my hand moisturizer as well, nowadays my hands dry dry, wonder if it's due to the constant washing

cassey,
haha wat happening days ar? heehee

wow! Kyle's almost 8kg!!! still on total breastmilk mah? and wow, he's 4 months in a few days time!!!

well, my spotting started ytd leh... dunno why... must go back gynae and ask whether it's menses ar? hmmm, shall monitor for another day or two... weird weird de leh...
dun understand hw come suddenly got spotting leh...

initially i was thinking whether its due to me opening my legs too wide on the bed...cos when i carry Jarius, i tend to be very chor lou one, will anyhw sit and anyhw spread my legs when i bf him, den i tot skali is the wound split and den bleed a bit....but den i thk thk, cannot be right, the wound shd be healed by now leh right?

cassey,
glad dat u went for the biopsy in the end! and glad all's fine!
happy.gif

btw, anyone started bedroom activity? me still scared scared leh, dun dare to try...

dolly, chris38, I use the calendula cream as my day time moisturiser!
happy.gif

dolly &amp; blurmom, get well soon! dolly, did you bring baby home?

papaya123, the Lamaze cloth books that Firstmum mentioned, I saw them at Robinsons (Raffles City) today. I also know they sell it at Mothercare (Harbourfront). Price is $12.90 upwards (before any discounts). Robinsons having sale now, but sorry, didn't notice if the Lamaze products had any discount. Also saw some other brands of cloth books at Robinsons (Sesame Street, Sassy, etc).

ahnetsan.. finally someone asked the question!!!! tried at 2 months after giving birth, unsuccessful. i no mood, tired, irritated but husband very interested. in the end, it was painful so didn't continue.

tore badly when gynae did pap smear so didn't try... the last try wasn't successful too. a bit tight. very difficult. gynae say breastfeeding will make down there dry so might need lubrication...

by the way, i'm going to isetan private tomolo!!! gonna leave baby with husband. hehe.

is there any way to increase the milk flow rate??? i'll be able to pump like 30-40ml from each side in the the first 5-10 mins but after that very slow... always need 45 mins with lots of intervals in between to get 100-140ml of milk... barely enough so still need to top up with FM...

cassey, where do you get the percentile data from?? health booklet??

ahnetsan, my cousin's menses started 1.5 mth right after she gave birth, she was on tbf. for me, remember when i had my first boy 2 yr ago, i only had my menses after 9 mths. was so happy, save a lot on sanitary pads. think this depends on ur body &amp; hormones.
for my 2nd boy, menses started last week as i'm on pill, hubby can't wait to start bedroom activity.

my bb is an angel today. bottle feed him during daytime and he finished his milk. hope he remains this way when i go bk to work

anybody's baby sleep through the night now?
sophie's bedtime routine begins around 6.30pm everyday.
she has a warm bat followed by a simple massage.then she drinks around 120ml and goe to sleep before 7.15pm.
she only wakes up around 4am by squeaking to alert me that she's hungry.after she finishes feeding,she immediately goes back to sleep and only wakes up around 7.30am.

wondering if this sleep pattern is normal or should i be worried?

TubbyMummy: Yeah leave my boy at nanny place tonight
sad.gif

amk_gal: wow, you actually pump for 40 min! I find it very painful, and yeah, milk flow not so fast after 15 min or so.

Chang: Wow, so good, but I heard we can get pregnant even without menses

tinybubu: you've an angel! My boy last feed is around MN, then next feed will be ard 4. If he feeds anytime earlier, his next feed will shift as well. And he wakes around 6+ too

halo mummies, just wanna say a few good words for designerdaddy. I've previously engaged designerdaddy to do up some design for my boy's shoot... like his work and he is organising a bp here...pls give some support if you are interested!!

designerdaddy, glad to see you posted in this thread =)

Bluedream, i thinking of giving 1 or 2 spoonful of cereal to start off once Shane hit 4 months. Porridge i think wait until 6 months bah.

Cassey, we got big boys ah... my boy oso weighed over 7 at month 3 week 1 during his vacc. U start your boy on solid?

just to update mummies:

Re:Refuse bottle feed on 1 weeks to 3 months
Now my baby start accept bottle feed liao after i changed the bottle to NUK for him.

Bluedream,i read from book,start from liquid first.. like fruit juice.. but don't give too sweet one..

amk gal
u went isetan sale? i went too... regretted din buy more fisherprice toys. gd discount - 30% off

hayoki
u can find at bp.. i saw one or two selling... saw pple at selling at wts section too. fyi, watsons is selling that for $29.90, bp ard $19

Hi,

I'm also interested to get the calendula cream as many mummies found it good, do we get the california baby calendula cream or any brand will do?

dolly, it's true can get pregnant even without menses. heard that woman very fertile in the 3rd &amp; 4th mth. my fren got preggy again when her dotter was 3.5 mths.
bluedream, better not to let bb start solid too early. better to start bb with porridge or cereal when 6 mths. heard that bb easier to be allergic to certain food if start solid too early.

hello to all mummies..

today my son turning 3 mth
happy.gif

wondering any mommy got experience yr baby keep drinking an hour per feeding as las few days Nesher keep crying for milk even though i fed him an hour ago 180ml FM. &amp; he be starting during 8pm onwards every nite so i decided to pump &amp; can only manage to get 140ml-160ml BM &amp; fed him &amp; it las him 2-3 hours &amp; he wan milk again.. give him 100ml water he finished up but still awake &amp; cry &amp; will stop till he get his milk..
nvber like tis b4 as in daytime he be drinking every 4-5 hrs 150ml-180ml. it only at nite he start his nonsense

Annie,

mine is exactly opp of urs even though same bday.

really envy nesher can take so much. mine we hv to try all means to make him drink 120ml BM per 3hr.

nesher's 3mth bday nt tmr? 19th?

hi hayoki and apple,

you can get it from Gmarket under the baby care section. but if you need it urgently, can pm me for the seller mobile # as seller stays in the same block as me and i have been buying from her directly. i paid 19.50 per tub wo postage. i think postage is like $1.

Back