(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

hmm about tummy tightening... sometimes i do feel something like tat.. usually only for a short while. i always tot it's the baby who's like pushing hard on one spot..

First mum,
I use the calendula cream on a daily basis for area like neck and face. Not as a daily body moisturiser cause too $$$ liao
happy.gif

Fatmum,
Enjoy yr HK trip and the makan session
happy.gif

caramelle, about that craving thing, I so agree with you! Everytime I meet up with friends etc, if I happen to ask "so where are we eating", I will sure get the answer "oh, I anything also can, we eat whatever you're craving lor!"
angry.gif

I have explained countless times that in this pregnancy, I have NO CRAVINGS. One of my best friends has done that several times, until I told her one day in a rather irritated tone of voice "I told you already, I have no cravings, why can't we discuss what to eat like normal people?" I mean, there are times where I feel like eating something, but in all my life, preg or not, I've had these feelings before. So why is it that when i become preg, it suddenly becomes a CRAVING? To me, a craving is something that I DIE DIE have to eat within that day or the next. And frankly, in all the time that I've been preg, I've not experienced anything close to that.

Hi Mummies,

Brand new Medela PIS Advanced 2008 (shoulder bag) for sale. I am selling it away cos i have very little breast milk. Used for 1 week only. Just bought this yr hence still under warranty. Bought it for $599 and selling it for $400. Interested...pls email me [email protected]

Caramelle/ stickymouse, err, so far no.. mine is mostly hard all the time unless sometime abit loose. A lot of ppl press my tummy and say y ur tummy so hard huh? Then I say I drank a lot of water everyday. That y it is hard lor. Braxton Hicks??

Tubbymummy, i know what you mean. it usually comes from our ignorant never-been-pregnant friends! haha
happy.gif

Shelisa, tummy must be hard lah..later if loose you walk jiggle jiggle how? hehe
happy.gif

TubbyM,
I know what you mean. Even with my experienced mummy colleagues, they will ask me the same qn. I seriously do not have die die must have cravings most of the time! In fact, after my first trimester, I hardly have any food cravings except for ocassional cravings for some snacks which I think was just as normal as non-preggies days! It can be quite frustrating repeating the same answer to them almost every other day.

Tubbymummy,

yes, the same qns everytime. I hate most is,"why eat so little? Must eat more, you eating for 2 person leh?" Seriously, didn't they know that most bulk of fats and weight go to us, not the baby??? Then some pple can say,"you on diet ah(cos I am not stuffing myself enough!)?Cannot leh, you must eat more! Mummy should eat more!" Wah, tell you, can strangle them!!!

caramelle, haha. But hor mine is really extremly hard compare to those million of pregnant tummy i have touch before. I think this coming mon i go for my checkup will check with her to ease my mind. U getting better?? Still pain??

<font color="0077aa">createjoy, I ordered from GMarket yesterday and got an sms this morning tt the first of my orders will be delivered this evening. Cos there're different suppliers so they deliver separately unless you request a combined delivery. Will keep you posted once they're delivered. I got them to deliver to mum's instead since I'll be doing confinement there, PLUS her domestic helper will always be around to receive items.

LFB, I don't know if this answer will help but I'm not particular abt what kinda cream I use cos I do believe that stretchmark cream isn't tt effective except to keep skin moisturised so it stretches better. So I use stretchmark cream, as well as Body Shop's body butters in the fragrances tt I like - Deep Sleep, PassionFruit &amp; Olive.
happy.gif

caramelle, Tubbym~, bbjun, same experience with the craving thing! Goodness, it's like a twice a week lunch topic! Where are we going for lunch? Up to you - what are you craving for? Hey, even if I'm preggers, doesn't mean my cravings suddenly become so strong that I must demand it. Even non-preggie, I get cravings ma. Chey.

Shelisa, I think you're a bit paranoid, my dear. A preggie tummy is very firm, else it's all fat!! By hardening, it's like a cramping - a contraction of muscles... like caramelle said, a tightening. Not just general hardness and firmness and bloatedness. I feel that all the time as bump grows - bump feels tight, but it's not a hardenING and tightenING sensation. I feel like a big buffalo trying to get up from the sofa nowadays.

Yay! Tuesday is half priced Gelare waffles day! I'm going for my waffles today!!
happy.gif

Hey, you MTBs realised Cass~ has been eating a whole lot of junk these last weeks? I'm still taking a lot of "real" food.
Hope my next weigh-in isn't a disaster. kekeke!
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">hmm i thought braxton hicks would feel like stomach cramps..? Do we get those so early??

But my bb is recently changing the way he moves.. kind of a vibrating motion - shaking like that.. super fast, about 7 movements in 2 seconds.. anyone got those??</font>

<font color="0077aa">11_Beans, yes. It actually can start from the 2nd trimester, just that uterus still being small at that point, we don't usually feel it as keenly as we would in 3rd. It feels like contractions, but does NOT increase in intensity and goes away when MTB changes positions or stretches gently.

>>Vibrating bb.. I posted abt that too... weeks ago, but no one really answered. It makes me gasp sometimes. But I guess it's ok cos he's doing alright...? No idea what it could be. Maybe they're shaking their legs... *grin*</font>

Hellooo ladies
happy.gif

thanks fatmom and ahnet...

Tightening and contractions - these are painless, it is a regular pulling feeling. Don't wait till it hurts because that means baby is oredi on the way. Baby kicks are not regular, they kick once or twice not rhythmic kicks.

Cassey - u are becoming a sweet tooth junkie! Be careful of sugar intake.

BTW, there's a Robinson's warehouse sale at Expo for members on Thurs 19th March.

Good Morning all mummies.... Today feel so tired... Yesterday night woke up in the middle of the night and can't sleep already.... Now keep on yawning.... Hope my boss wouldn't mind... haha

<font color="0077aa">sweethalo, I know! Everyone's saying "must be boy, must be boy. Boy the mummy will crave sweet things, what." Ermm... ok. WHO CARES?! I just want my sweet stuff! That's why I haven't been managing regular savoury fare, I reckon. *oops*

>>Haven't done a glucose tolerance test. Hmm... Might have to ask for one at the next visit. But hey, other than what I post here, I don't really take a lot more sweets.. So maybe I'm not taking THAT much? Just that I'm very honest...? *hopeful eyebrow raise*

chidori, I though hiccup is supposed to be a sudden short sharp movement? I posted here last time too...? I don't think it is leh. Why would it vibrate after a hiccup...?</font>

Cassey, same.. now whenever i stand up from a seat, it make me feel like im dying, my tail bone will be pain and the 1st few steps i walk like sprain my legs like that. but after that ok.

cassey,
i thot hipcup is like a series of vibration at same location for a few times with a few min?

anyone knows if post natal massage at this price is reasonable?
$300 for 5 days
$350 for 6 days
for 90mins massage and jamu binding
1 training session on baby massage and 1 baby oil

<font color="0077aa">Shelisa, for me it's just the getting up and off cos of the shift of centre of gravity with growing bump. Tailbone ache comes when I sit down, usually when my butt first makes contact with the sitting surface. *ouch* It's all part &amp; parcel. Just 2-3 more months to go.

chidori, is it?! *oops* Than it must be my misconception. SO THAT'S WHAT IT IS! No wonder the sites say it feels different from the other movements! I was sharing here that it's like a rigorous movement &amp; contraction thing and sometimes it pushes my breath out in a whoosh and makes me gasp. Maybe it IS a hiccup... Hmm... CUTE!

>>Massage package. I think it is reasonable - although there ARE more affordable packages available.

*Okie dokesie... off I go for my Gelare! See ya later, ladies!*
</font>

Shelisa, my buttocks hurt when i'm sitting cos i'm slouching. if i sit straight, my tummy seems to be in the way and baby doesnt like me to sit straight as he will wriggle here and there...

cassey, gelare waffles sound gd... been quite long since i ate that. now i feel like having B&amp;J waffles with ice cream though. brownie sounds gd as well... yummy... ha

wow waffles.... nice....

chidori, i find the postnatal massage a bit ex... $60 per session... but if it includes arms, thighs and bb massage, then it should be ok.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">lovelytulips, I've found that sitting on a cushion helps cos then your thighs are a bit lower than bum and that gives bump a big more space. On top of that, it helps cushion the site of tailbone (butt) ache too. Mayb you can try that and let me know how it goes?

Calling audrey, you doing ok? I'm clearing leave most of this week so won't check work email.
Hope you make it to the talk on Wed!

Amendment to waffles &amp; junk food post: I actually meant I'm NOT taking a lot of real food...</font>

<font color="aa00aa">doesn't feel like hiccups leh.. cos too fast liao.. hiccups i think i felt before, very rhythmic, maybe 2 times in 3 seconds..
this one, 7 times in 2 seconds.. haa

i read somewhere it could be bb crying, but i dun think so lah.. why would bb cry??
and docs always say it's cos bb's nervous system not so well developed yet so he moves like that..

Cassey u check with your doc before? i started feeling it on sunday morning and throughout the rest of the day.. my hubby felt it too..

dun think there's a problem, just quite curious whta he's doing in there hahaaa.. will prob ask my doc when i see him again next friday..

these days, my tummy feels too small for bb.. he's growing really strong i think.. his kicks kind of jut me awake in the middle of the night.. haaa.. wish my tummy couod expand more sometimes.. dun wanna squeeze him too much in there.. lol</font>

<font color="0077aa">11_Beans, no. I don't check stuff with obgyn unless it's a cause for concern. So I just am wondering what the fella is doing in there. Hmm... Maybe peeing?! Heehee... you know how sometimes you shudder after emptying a full bladder...? *kekeke*

*OFF OFF! Else I'll be late!! Bubbye!* </font>

Cassey, yup 2-3 more mths to go. Will juat make my man to massage for me more often then. Enjoy ur waffles, that 1 of my fav too!!

lovelytulips, that so cute of ur darling. For mine is whenever im very busy, she will kick and disturb me. So i will just say 'mommy sayang, gd ger ok, but usually she will kick even more'
happy.gif

Hi Ladies, sorry for missing in action for the past few days...

I have been suffering from Restless Leg Syndrome for almost every nights and cannot get enough rest throughout most nights. Guess that baby is growing bigger each day and causes quite a few discomfort to me. Am feeling so lethagic everyday and unable to sleep at night... I never had any pregnancy discomfort during my first and second trimester. Well! my uneasy time has come... *sign*

Cassey, I have PMed you already
happy.gif

sweethalo,
yupz.. see u in class
happy.gif

blurmom,
sorry to hear that.. is it the baby movements that disturbs u? think someone was mentioning that her gynae gave her some medicine to take such that she sleeps like a log and cannot feel the baby movements at night..

tiny bubu,
haha.. but that's better than mine who likes to kick my bladder. Horrible! N he has a habit of doing that minutes after I empty my bladder.

Gg off soon too!

blurmom : i think chidori was talking about me.In my previous post, I mentioned that because i hadnt slept in a few days (due to baby being super active at night), i fell asleep during a meeting at work and started being extremely cranky with everybody! so dr adrian gave me medication to make me drowsy and let me have a good night's sleep and it doesnt affect the baby. Baby will still be kicking you like mad at night but you'll just be so sleepy that you wont even feel a thing.

mummies : i'm in my 28th week now. i was thinking of doing the 3d scan at TMC but wondering if now is the best time or should i wait till baby is slightly older?

3D SCAN = $188 (before GST)
4D scan = $279 (before GST)

chidori/tinybubu, my gynae did prescribe me some "good to sleep" pills to overcome my Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) however the medication don't really work on me anymore
sad.gif
Baby's kick is not that disturbing as RLS... I went to bed around 11pm then waking up at wee hours - desperately wanting to walk and exercise my legs so much.
My brain/body is totally restless apart from my legs! My skin are drying up badly, I had been scratching them while I was sleeping... I get very low moral with all these going on...

Welcome,Bbaugustine! Pardon me for the late respond...

same... me been feeling damn pek chey the whole day. bathe alrdy stil feel very warm and hot.... jus feeling very very very sian..........

ahnestsan, the weather seems to be turning warm these days even though it rains on and off..... it makes it even more humid i feel.

anybody having water retention???? just looked at my feet and realise it's beginning to swell...... gosh

tiny bubu, i think they have a so-called time frame that u can do it right??? maybe check with ur gynae???

Cassey, thanks for the info on body butter. I bought a tub(with many more other toiletries!) and went home. I bathed with my passion fruit body wash and slabbed a generous amount of passion fruit butter on me. Smell fantastic!

Anyone suffering from endless toilet visits in the night? I am like going to toilet forever and last night, I went 5 times! Gosh! I had a bad night, needless to say! Sigh. Anyone in the same boat?

hi-five! LFB i luv tung yi too and i also endless toilet visit. usually from 1am to 4am i will go at least 5 times. then 7 am, 9 am, 11am... sometimes 15min after the previous one...
sad.gif

Createjoy,
terrible to visit toilet so often hor? But no choice lah, this is one of the symptom. Yes, Tung Yi rocks! I have to curb my craving when I was in 1st tri, crossing 2nd. Now the thought just sent me crazy! But I only eat the green packaging ones, cos got FRIED ONIONs! Ha ha ha! Ke ke ke!

LFB/Createjoy, YAH! Same same lah! I keep going toilet at wee hours... But there is nothing we can do about it... Sleep, Pee, Sleep, Pee...

Back