(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Ah Ching, haha I'm not really ready for no. 2. But she's here already! Born 22nd Feb. U did confinement yourself rite? how u managed to cope? Feel so tired taking care of bany. Mil only does cooking, baby taken care by me. Luckily my mom taking care of the elder one during weekdays. ECM put in cooler bag will rain warm rite? Think it works the same way. So nice of your boss to let u bring baby to work.

Re: weaning
I also feel lost after I wean off RX. Guess it's part of them growing up. They will still feel close to us after that. Managed to wean RX during the hong kong trip. Guess she was tired and at that time she absolutely loves bottles. So we let her have a bottle to play and watch TV till she fell asleep. And after 4 days of that she's weaned off!

Congratulations tofeecat.
so you're a Feb mummy, do you want to join the Feb mummies facebook group.
It's a very active group with abt 100 members and is a closed group.

I think i just took things easy during confinement since I have to take care of 2 kids. No. 1 goes to CC during the day so I kinda cope.
only thing is become very challenging when No. 1 returns and I need to bf.

EBM will be warm in a cooler bag but not very warm lei.

Anyway, will not be bringing BB to work, cos there's no place to put her plus office very dusty due to renovations going on.. sigh. Now planning to put her with nanny as I'll be returning to work next Mon.

toffeecat: Congrats! Happy to hear that
happy.gif

dolly, thanks!

Ah Ching, will you gal refused if the EBM not very warm? Ya i guess it's not good for baby to be ard reno works . I'm also taking it easy for now. Started off pumping 4 times a day after latching. Now reduced to 2 times. Cos like no time to rest. Hope won't get lazy and can resume after confinement.

Thanks Bluedream. RX seems quite happy and excited to see mei mei when age saw her at the hospital and when she came back from my parents' place. Kept saying mei mei and baby. And runs to the room when she hears mei mei cry. When I'm feeding mei mei she come over and point to mei mei and look at me saying mei mei. Then I'll saying her. So far so good. Only thing is have to keep a lookout when I put mei mei on the bed in case RX climbs up to play and accidentally step on her.

Hi toffeecat, yes take it easy.. resume your routine when things more settled.

my gal does not refuse EBM whether warm or not lei.. I not sure. I leave the EBM in warmer and feed her when she wakes, so it wont be too cold.

My son's reaction is like RX only after 3 weeks. Now he even tries to stuff the pacifier into her mouth when it drops out..

but it is very dangerous to put them too near each other. The other day he wanted me to read him a book while I was breastfeeding. He accidentally hit mei mei's head with the corner of the board book when trying to push the book to me..
mei mei cried so loud.

Thanks bbjun!

Ah Ching, it's great that your boy has accepted mei mei. Ya lor, we just have to pay more attention when they r near each other. Can't wait till they can play with each other. Then again can't help having the feeling that they grow up do fast. Anyway forgotten the part about losing sleep. Hope she starts sleeping through the nite soon. what do u do when mei mei is awake? Can't believe I'm still clueless. I just grab a toy and talk to her abt the toy.

hi toffeecat: have started work already.. so i spend less than 2 hours with mei mei.. cos nite time she's sleeping.
when she's awake, i also no energy to play with her.
usually i just leave her in the bassinet to entertain herself, cos i dont want to carry her.
afraid she'll need me to carry all the time then no time to take care of kor kor liao.

if she cry out of boredom, i'll carry her walk from hall to kitchen back and forth and call her name.
ask her qtn like where is kor kor? whether she's miss me when I am at work etc.. la.. nonsense basically.
but i notice that she likes to look at human face. so I'll just carry her so that she can see my face and she'll be quiet.

btw have u joined the fb group.. dunno what's your real name cos i think they din update the nickname list

Ah Ching, yups just joined. First one listed under W. How bat u? Think RY not really interested in my singing or talking to her. She will look puzzled and then start crying after a while. Haha. Mostly have to be carried to quieten down and everyone kept saying not to carry her.

toffeecat: i agree.. try not to carry. my gal cry i also leave her alone.. so now night time it is easier for me.. just leave her on the bed.. give her tutu then she sleep..

yup! we moved in on the 18th April.
Love the new nest and love the new neighbourhood.
Trey loves to play at the playground. Windy.

--- On Tue, 10/5/11, Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]>
Subject: Outings for the Underprivileged Children
To: "Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network)" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 11:22

Dear all

We are still short of sponsors and volunteers for the outings arranged for the Underprivileged children, below is the updated numbers :

No. of Children Sponsor : 12
No. of Volunteers : 6

We hope to have about 45 children and 35 volunteers to come along for this Ice Cream Making Workshop, for those who can help, do get back to me by 15 May 2011 so we will have sufficient time to send out the flyers to the children.

In the event we are unable to get sufficient sponsors, we will cancel the outing and will refund those who have sponsored so you can use the funds to reach out to others instead.

Thank you

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, 5 May, 2011 11:09 AM
Subject: June Holiday Programme for the Children

Dear all

We will be resuming our outings for the children from the low income family this June after taking a break last Dec. This coming June, we plan to bring the kids to downtown east for an Ice Cream Making Workshop and have Ice Cream Buffet there as well, below are the details :

Event : Ice Cream Making Workshop + Ice Cream Buffet
Date : 18 June 2011 (Saturday)
Time : 10am to 2pm (Tentative)
Venue : Downtown East
Meeting point : Daybreak Family Service Centre
Blk 855 Yishun Ring Road Training Wing
(5 mins walk from Khatib MRT Station )

Targeted number of Children : 45
Volunteers required : 25

The cost for each child is about $35.00 which will cover the cost of the event, including lunch and cookie packs for each child. We hope each of you can sponsor at least one child for the trip, we will also need some volunteers to join us for the trip to take care of the children and help them out during the ice cream making workshop when we are there.

For those who would like to sponsor, you can mail a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle”, indicate “VRN June” and mail it to :

Maple Lifestyle
195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace
#01-32
Singapore 168976

Please let us know the details of your cheque such as bank, cheque number and amount via email if you are sending by cheque.

For those who preferred to funds transfer, please do email me separately for the account number to transfer.

Do remember me to update me so I can consolidate the sponsored funds, we will stop accepting funds once we have enough as per our usual practice.

And for those who are keen to volunteer, do provide me with the following particulars :

1) Name
2) NRIC
3) Contact Number
4) Email address

The cost for each volunteer is $38.00, we will likely be getting McDonald Lunch for everyone, if you are a vegetarian, do inform us and we will pack lunch separately for you.

We hope to be able to get your support to sponsor up to a max of 45 children from the low income family group for this trip.

Regards
Charles Tan
Volunteer Resource Network
Email : [email protected]
URL : www.vrnetwork.org

Hi,

Am posting for information as they are short of sponsors and volunteers for the event. Pls liaise with the organiser directly if you are interested in helping out..

Thanks a mil! =)

Item Name: Chanel shoes
Url:www.chanelshoesshoponline.com

There are so many brand shoes, but you should not miss the

Chanel shoes. Nowadays, most of people like other excellent

shoes. You can chance to try it, you find The Chanel Shoes is

a good chance, you will never leave it. You can choose what

style for you,there are plenty of styles for you. And you

never worry match different ocassions.

Yeah yeah, this thread very quiet...
Found that everytime we went Paragon, Ken will come down w fever, HFMD... so far happen twice

Ah Ching.. fine! Thanks! Buy anything? I got another pair for Ken. Boys design not so great.
BTW, if anyone has booked the BBQ set using Huggies receipt from Asprin few months ago, it's ready for collection!

Sorry to interrupt.

Oh, what a noisy zoo tickets.
=============================

May I know if any Mummy has 4 tickets on 23 Oct, Sunday, 11am that you are willing to exchange with me? I'll be most grateful for that. Or else I will just have to sell these 4 tickets and my kids won't get to watch the play.
sad.gif

I'm willing to meet you anywhere to do the exchange. THANK YOU!

Please PM me for my hp.

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning to sign my 2 girls up for Julia Gabriel holiday programmes.
There is a 20% group discount if 4 or more children register at the same time. It can be a different programme and venue.

If anyone is interested too, please PM me so that we can all enjoy the group discount.

Information for the holiday programmes. http://www.juliagabriel.com/pdfviewermm1ab.html

hi! dolly! thanks for dropping by! yupz...time passsed so fast! i think back the days when my girl is just a baby and laugh at how lost i am. any June 2009 FB group I can join?

Hi mummies,

Sorry for interruption.

Any kids going to Sunflower childcare? I have 2 sets of uniform and 2 sets of PE attire for sale. All BRAND NEW. Size is M. Letting go at reasonable price.
My child is not attending the childcare but I have bought it during the trial period.

PLS PM if Keen! Thank you!

i got a question to ask..

i'm thinking of pulling my son out from Sembawang StarLeaner..
First of all their fee is not cheap then the headmaster giving me headache, keeps complaining about my son for not being corporative and keeps asking me to send him for professional advice for his misbehave...

i'm staying in woodlands, any good full day CC recommendation?

Back