(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

caramelle: yes.. now I'm enjoying taking care of BB..

but now got a baby and tot.. a bit challenging. but balanced off as now experienced mummy so less stressful also

Ah Ching wow gd leh tk epi less pain yet still can experience birth pain cos nt fully effective hmm I will like that... Think sm ppl tk epi dilate faster cos nt so stress so I also nt sure if I will wan to try my best to go epi free cos I v tense easily sm more1st bb is induct n emer c sect still dunno wat is real labour pain

hi mummies, am a 2009 june mummy and wld like to ask if there is any mummy who has their tod in CCC yet. My mum is currently looking aft my gal but i feel she is not learning much everyday jus waking up and watching tv, though she now attends a 1.5hr playgroup every sun, i realise she is not interacting well with the classmates nor listening or is interested in what the teacher is saying or showing to the class. Which is why I am thinking to get her in a half day CC, for discipline and for learning.

Any advice frm mummies here?
happy.gif

hi mandy: my boy is in full day child care.

my son is talking a lot more now, using new words and trying to feed himself at home..
this is the main difference I find from nanny care and CC.

according to teacher, he can sit down for his lessons and meals..
he can also hold hands with his classmates and follow the teachers instructions.

however, he only behaves like this in school.
he will 'revert' back to his normal self when he is at home..
e.g. dont listen to my instructions, cant sit down to complete his meals..

i guess it is peer pressure in school that makes them 'behave' as the teachers dont really discipline..

my son enjoys going to school alot as he gets to play and sing songs which I think really is more beneficial than watching TV at home.

CONGRATS Ah Ching! Welcome baby girl!
happy.gif
Hope you're finally getting some sleep...

Dino-Mum, thanks a lot for the info! Oh dear, I missed the reg period for CH?!! Die, I'm still happily sitting here oblivious, and today's the last day of Jan. Looks like I gotta get my butt moving and look at alternatives...

createjoy, are you having fun buying girl stuff?
happy.gif
hehehe...

Mandy, I started my girl on 2x/wk classes at JG and 1x/wk at Gymboree (she used to go to Gymboree sessions previously already). I think it's good for them to get out and interact with other kids so that they won't be socially inept. Plus there's fun stuff like art/craft, story telling, singing etc. I noticed my girl doesn't mingle well with other kids, and I'm *hoping* that with more classes and exposure, she'll learn to get on with other kids and learn to share. Why not get your mum to bring your gal to playgroup classes during the week too? The JG class my girl attends, a couple of the kids attend the class with their grandmas, and I think it's a great idea. Provided your mum is willing to go of course...

Anyone here has kids going to Schoolhouse By The Bay, or know anything about it? Hope you can share with me. Thanks!
happy.gif

Tubbymummy yup having alot fun bt alot pole buy clothes fir her also so my shopping spree is more limited abit dampen my mood bt my Sis say nw got free b happy next time older got plenty chance for u to dress her.
Jayden got bitten 3 times in 2 wks mark can stay 2-3 days i'm so mad bat it but wat to do kids r like that he also deserve it lah like to tk ppl toy haha still long way to learn wat is share n wait for ur turn

Happy New Year to all mummies!
Ah Ching: Congratulations

K is still being taken care of by nanny, thinking of getting him to sunday class at JG... maybe will ask about it in March..

Hi dolly, thanks..

anyway what is this JG class??
how come many of u are sending your tots there..
is it very good?
what things do they learn there?
is it better than gym class?

tubbymummy: I'm getting enuf rest now as I've decided to listen to my children's cues.
Co-sleeping with both of them now so night parenting has become easier for me.

I really enjoy being a parent.. now with my 2nd one.. i am thinking of trying for a dragon BB..
ha ha.. but hubby said 2 is enuf..

thks Ah Ching and Tubbymummy for the advises.
happy.gif

Ah Ching: I read tat ur son is in Eager Beaver at Yishun central. How's the place and the caregivers/teachers there? This is one of the place I may be looking at but I have limited infor of this centre and will appreciate if you can share more.
happy.gif

Hi Mandy,
The premise is new cos they moved from Safra Yishun.
The school has history abt 10 years and most of the staff there have been there for more than 5 years. Teacher/caregiver Turnover rate supposed to be low.

Teachers are ok, friendly and helpful.
my son enjoys school very much and stopped crying on the 2nd week.

Does anyone know whether there's any help line I can call regarding parenting issues?

My son's behaviour is really getting out of hand and I would like to seek some professional help..
does anyone know whom I can turn to?

Ching
Think u may want bring ur child in to kkh seek professional advise if u feel tat the child behavior is extreme such as frequent tantrums, hyperactivity etc..

My gf boy had issues on tantrums n was better after counselling...

Ching
My gf brought the son to a GP and assess then got a reference to go KKH so to get a subsidised rate. Coz its more of long term counselling and oso therapy thus can b quite costly in the long term. Her boy tantrums can b quite bad such as wen he dun get his way he will even bang his head on the floor till the adult give in to him.

If your son is not so extreme i guess its not necessary. Her boy was around 2yr old wen she started him at KKH and now he is around 4 tis year he is much better and with school it oso helps according to her. She sends him to Pat schoolhouse which she say they are very patient with him and feedback to her on his behaviour as she has address this concern to them.

Hope tis helps..
happy.gif

Hi Sylvia, my boy behaves perfectly fine in cc and when not ard me..
his behaviour just becomes very aggressive and prone to crying when ard me..
think he is jealous of his new sibling..
so thinking of getting some professional advice on how to deal with it..

Ah Ching, i cut down Alya's tv time and find that she's better behaved. my hubby is always babysitting the tv in my room so end up tv is always on.

now i take her to the park and draw with crayon, i find she's more patient and can sit still for a few minutes.

caramelle: Yeah, I also suspect my son watching too much TV..
but no choice.. cos in confinement now plus my BB gal on TBF..

any suggestion what I can do with my son when I bfg..
I tried reading with him but he'll throw the book at my BB.
Or he'll try to snuggle with me, squeezing his BB sister ending up hurting my BB.
That day he kicked her in the head while I was trying to bf and read to him on his mattress..

so now when I bf, need 1 hand to guard my gal's head..

I wish someone can enlighten me sigh..
maybe my 2 children's age gap too close, as older one still dont know how to manage his feelings.

Happy CNY to all mummies.
happy.gif

Btw, we are having a gathering at 1pm this sat (12th Feb). Venue will be lunch at the The Ranch Home @ Dempsey Hill #01-14/15(Home to Ben & Jerry’s & CA* California) thereafter gogobambini (just nxt door to ben & jerry). Come and join us! :p

Ah Ching,
ur son case is similar to mine. when my #2 was born, my #1 was only 17mths old. #1 can barely say what she want except calling daddy, mummy, simple words, etc. then she likes to throw tantrum and bang her head onto the door many times when i close the door to shower. but now she has outgrown of all these nonsenses after i put her into CC when she turn 2 yrs old (she is now 3yrs old). when i bf #2 last time, she will hang around me and play with my iphone. when i was not watching out, she threw the phone onto #2 head. *ouch* thank god that #2 was not badly injured afterall. so u gotta becareful when #1 hang around #2. they will just "accidentally" hurt the younger one without knowing. so maybe when u bf, u can let him play with your hubby or other helper at home? then after u r done with bf, u spend time with him alone so that he don't feel neglected becos of the younger sibling. u can also engage him to do simple things like go and take diaper for meimei, etc. we used to think notti age start at 3 but it's no longer true. it start at 18mths till they are older and can rationalize things out. my #2 now will lie down on the floor when we refuse to give her what she want so i have started disciplining her. haiz...

superbee: finally found a zhi ying ren..
my son will also bang his head on the wall sometimes.. sigh..

so is this behaviour normal? What can I do to improve the situation?
I dont have a helper at home and my hubby is overseas now.. so it is not possible to leave him alone when I bf or have one on one time with him without interruption..
I hope he get use to his mei mei soon..

how do u discipline your younger one when she lies on the floor..

Hi Hi,

Mommies that need more info in parenting may find this link userful:

http://wonderfullymade.com.sg/parenting-resources-workshops-talks-in-singapore/

I heard much about Focus on the Family Singapore. They conducted courses on parenting if interested.

I too have 2 gers of my own but they are 6 years apart. So the issues i am facing are kinda the opppsite. My younger ger (19 months) tends to bully the sister (7 years) :)

Either way, we mothers must stay strong and positive and nuture our kids in the best way we can ... Jia You ...

dolly: know that you've worn nursing tops..
are the tops really useful?

which designs are more convenient for nursing?

or nursing shawls will provide better camouflage?

wow, thanks for sharing Ah Ching and Superbee. i will need to take note when my little one comes out then. currently my arrangement is to have my mom take care of RX half the week during my confinement while my mil does the confinement for me. am still wondering if RX will be woken up during the nite by little mei mei. but i don't want RX in another room cos of mei mei.

Ah Ching, are you thinking of bf in the shopping centers? previously i only brought like 2 tops. one is lifted up from below. the other is access though the side. my preference is from the side cos more convenient cos more convenient as no need to lift up the cloth (maybe cos i butter fingers :p) haven't used any nursing shawl cos shopping centers got nursing rooms. guess maybe the kind where u lift up from below will have some excess cloth to cover more so better camouflage. no sure if got other designs. when i went back to work, i just got some spaghetti tops from Giordano and wore buttoned up shirts to do expressing. covers the tummy easy access over the top.

Hi Ah Ching, I haven't logged in for about 3 weeks & you've delivered! Congrats! Time to prepare for 1st mth celebration!

I've seen someone use a nursing shawl to nurse her baby as she was walking with her other family members. It did seem well camouflaged.

Hi Superbee, sorry I can't make it on 12 Feb as I have another event.

Ah Ching, I'm still wearing nursing top now on weekends. I will bring along the shawl too. If I'm having meal, I'll use the shawl to cover, cos my son like to use his hands and legs to stretch and pull my clothes when nursing! The shawl can double up as blanket if he sleeps in his stroller

thanks toffeecat and Ann

dolly: you're still nursing in the daytime? wow salute u.
my son is growing out his molars.. i think ask me to nurse him I also scared.. seeing all his teeth.

you mentioned u were using PIS right.. I''m using freestyle now but feel that got many parts to wash..
PIS got many parts to wash?

toffeecat
I'm thinking of getting nursing top cos may need to nurse my Baby while on the way to work..
maybe gotta nurse on the bus. cos quite troublesome if need to pack bottles and how to heat bottle on the bus?

I think must try a few designs then will know whether practical or not..

toffeecat: It's good to plan for the future like what to do when BB arrived..

my son does not wake up when mei mei cry in the middle of the night. 3 of us sleep together. initally maybe the elder one will keep waking up but after a while will be used to it.

i used to sleep with my son but cos afraid he'll crash mei mei now I sleep on the bed with mei mei.
He'll be very jealous and keep waking up to get me to sleep on the floor with him.
So throughout the night I'm moving up and down the floor and bed.. very tiring..
but now my son is waking up less. hope he return to sleeping thru the night.

ah ching
check this article - http://www.babycenter.com/0_head-banging_11554.bc
if he only do that at home and not in school, that probably shows mayb he is seeking attention and venting his frustration. unless your son does banging his head everywhere regardless of location(school or home), then it might be autism related? every child has different ways of venting their frustration. my #2 will bite her own hand when she is angry so my fren say hers is pent up frustration... haiz... i also dunno how to help her....
when she lies down on the floor, i will use food to distract her to get up the floor. or i just grab her from the floor and distract her with other topics...
maybe u can try bf b4 he come back from CC or after he goes to bed? have u tried to let him play on his own with his fav toys? my #1 was trained to play/be alone when she was younger so she will play with herself in the toy room or watch tv/dvd alone. that gives me some time too.

annticipating
join us the nxt time.
happy.gif

toffecat
when's mei mei due?
happy.gif
for me, i separated #1 and #2 since #2 born. #1 sleep in the room with hb while #2 sleep in another with me & maid during confinement. after confinement over, my #2 can sleep thr longer hrs so i only pop over to bf her. back then #1 was a light sleeper and will wake up middle of nite. there was a period where i tried to put both of them in the same room cos my maid left but all of us din get to sleep in the end. cos #2 will wake #1 up so bopian we decided #1 sleep with me and hb sleep with #2. well it doesnt work for me but maybe it work for u?
happy.gif

Ah Ching, I slapped Ken (lightly) when he bite me, will tell mama pain pain also, so he never bite now... and yeah, still bf

I tried both PIS and freestyle, all got many parts lah and they are not interchangeable, so no need to bother
happy.gif

Superbee: my boy only misbehave at home.
The teachers all gave good reviews abt my son. Says he can be a politician in the future... ha ha..

My son used to play on his own while I do housework etc.. he loved to read on his mattress when I am taking my shower.
But now he'll throw all this books and toys out of the play yard.

I think he is trying to get my attn.
Cos when I am not carrying mei mei.. he will just leave me alone.. instead of trying to get me to do this and that for him.

I found a way to end his tantrum.. I just switch off the TV and ignore him while I busy myself with other things.
He calms down quickly.
Then I'll hug him when he calms down.. I think now still need to trial and error find diff ways to manage his 'frustration'

Check w those of u bf at night only aft going bck to wk hw did u mgm to do it without block duct or becm no milk leh cos day time lg hr no feed ,hw is it possible ? I think aft wk cm hm bf bb next time but dun intend to pump in office

createjoy: I cut down on the feeds one by one over a few weeks. this will prevent blocked ducts.

are you askng for the No. 2 or for No. 1..
think preggy will have no milk leh.

Superbee, no.2 coming anytime this or next wk
happy.gif
edd is 22nd feb. now still staying with pil so only 1 room to ourselves. so no.2 will sleep in the cot and RX will sleep with me on the bed and hb sleep on the floor. tentatively the arrangement is like that. been trying to convince my hb to let no.2 sleep with his mom but think he doesn't want.

Ah Ching, hope ur son will accept mei mei soon. been giving RX more hugs after i ask her to sayang mei mei in the hope that she will accept mei mei better. think a shawl will be a better option if you are bf on the bus. really peifu u! is it possible for the infantcare to feed mei mei when u rch and u pump at work instead? would take more time though i guess.

toffeecat: u ready for No. 2?

I'm going back to work next month, and wont be putting BB in infantcare or nanny.
Boss allow me to bring her to work, ha ha
also, since BB bf 1.5 - 3 hours, I calculated BB maybe hungry when I am on my way to work, after sending kor kor to CC..
so afraid may need to bf on the journey.

another alternative is to heat EBM, put in some container, and feed EBM on the bus..
but not sure if EBM can remain warm after 2 hours?

createjoy,
i only bf after I come back work n fetch Aisha. Tat is abt 6.30pm onwards. So far I get blocked ducts if nv bf in the early morning ie. last feed abt 1am ish or come home late ie. 9pm onwards. So far, blocked ducts not too bad coz I will nurse straight after reach home. By then, Aisha crying for me also. I stop pumping at work when she turned 1 coz too lazy to bring icepack & EBM to & fro work.

Sometimes in the middle of night, no milk n still keep sucking until I quite fed up. (coz she will cry if I let go). So I bring her to kitchen to make milo or take yakult to give to her. Sometimes, she will drink if really thirsty but sometimes, not. But usually she will go back to sleep eventually. She still don't take milk from bottle (at home but at sch she will drink - smart hor). So even if I try to sleep in my bed separately, end up going back to her room many times a night. haiz...

Wow ah ching ur boss so gd? But then y no. 1 that time u can't brg to wk?
Aiyoh I scare I no time to bf with 2 kids n wking... Caramelle share ur schd further he many time u feed a day?
Masg lady-anyone can recommend?anyone bj with origin jamu?nw they got promo like nt bad bur I nt sure mkt rate. 5 days 400+ , 10 day 700+ got qt a few freebies to go along

createjoy: I was SAHM unitl my boy was 11 months old.
I started work in April last year then preggy within 2 weeks.. ha ha..
my boss very nice cos he needs me to go back to work, as difficult to find responsible employee like me.

But I'll put gal with nanny after 1 month in office, cos by the time she'll be older and prob demand more attention..
Lucky there's a nanny right above my office, cos my office is HDB.
So I can latch her before drop her and latch when pick her up.
Anyway I only work 5 hours a day.
I din have any massage so cant share abt massage lady..

styliciously: U need to go cold turkey for Aisha, if you want to wean her.
That's what I did with my boy. I refused to give him the breast and did other things to distract him.
Eventually he slept thru the night.

Wa Ching salute u! How u manage tis schedule I really don't know.. But very tiring rite coz sounds like it! But u know for sure ur bb is in safe hands n u get to see the child anytime u wan which I believe alot of working mums don't have such luxury of. So ur hard work do pay off la.

Very peifu mummies here going for 2nd child. I still phobia over the times of nitefeeds n whole process of bf!

sylvia: Now I am doing it all over again, I find that the process is more enjoyable than the first time.

I'm glad my boy has a sibling. He seems to accept his little sister now and request to kiss her and hug her.

So if u want a second one, just go for it

hi, sorry to disturb

can you kindly help vote for my 2 lil ones... thanks a bunch..

Please click on the link below n "like" the page "singaporemummy"

http://www.facebook.com/singaporemummy

Then (album 5, photo 101 )

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=196785520350645&set=a.196491317046732.54304.166984169997447&theater

n this (album 5, photo 97)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=196785477017316&set=a.196491317046732.54304.166984169997447&theater

THANKS n have a nice weekend ahead.. =)

yo june mummies,

anyone of u decided or deciding on the CCC or kindergarten for your little one ? can share wat are the criteria to look out for? can pm too! TIA

Just came back from a 2 weeks holiday without K.
First time separated from K for so long!
Brought the freestyle and pump everyday, but supply dropped right after 1st day.

styliciously: I put K at the nanny for the last 2 weeks. Anyway, K no longer want to latch (he tried but refuse after a mouthful) for the whole night .... so maybe he's kinda weaned off?

good for you dolly.. wean him lor.. no need to pump pump pump and can wear nice clothes instead of nursing wear and nice bra.

dolly: me too felt lost when I wean my son..

I also have to get new clothes but cos I din get back to my pre-preg size.. cant fit into all my pants and tops.. sob sob

Back