(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

afternoon mummies

any mums here hv hv hold bb bday in chalet before, is it gd, cos planning to hv one next yr.

pls throw in other suggestions. all are welcome.

many thanks.

ling lim,
if u worried abt constipiation, u can alternate with fruit cereal.. or intro more fruit puree into the cereal.. I bought babynat fruit cereal, Shermay loves it.. and she prefers gerber apple juice than healthy times..

maybe u can try other brands.. sometimes its the the favour but more to brand?

shers,
babynat fruit cereal can buy from where?
aiyo.. my boy dont like the gerber apple juice.. like too "thick".. must add water then he drinks.. zzz.. heinz one is diluted with water he is ok...

ling, baby nat fruit cereal can get from vitakidz.. at paragon or united sq.. it smells lk froot loops. lol! i feed hailey oatmeal cereal daily. she is ok. poos abt once or twice a day. =)

jaez, think some mommies will feed more water or use fruit puree mixed with cereal. see shers's reply to ling =)

yuki, actually most of us knw each other liao haha! so we dun use the name tag thingy..

feb_mum - thanks for inviting us to your place yesterday. had a good time yesterday. hope you didn't have to clean up too much.

jamie - i think i still don't know many mummies' names there. i just remember the babies' names. haha

wondering if we are organising something near christmas. our babies' first christmas!

jamie,
my boy finally poo today...and at a shopping centre when i was out kai kai, and my it stinks more than usual! but i haven't tried other food yet other than rice. what's the order of food types than i can try? i remember there was a good website about it.

hi mummies
will be MIA next week..going to krabi n(follow jamie nov foot step) next week from mon to fri with baby without bee gee nee.

shers if HT order comes..hold for me....i will back in action after dec 5/6

jamie - remind me of an old joke that i told my aunt long long ago. when we married, we are known as Mrs Hubby_Surname but we still keep our given name. but when we have kid, we don't even have a name anymore. we are just Our_Kid_Name's mummy. haha

feb_mum - i certainly don't mind going to your place if you would have us.

looking foward to the xmas gathering ! feb_mum, ur place so far wor...if got ppl from punggol/sengkang share cab with me then i dont mind gg...hehe

ling, i just stock up 4 boxes ! din knw that cold storage having this promo...how much is it ah ? sheng shiong selling $1.85 with 3 packs free...

Feb mum,

Xmas gathering sounds great. This time we must remember to take group picture.

AK,
U must bring your boy next round ! We got so many bb gals but few boys.

I baby bites ok for 6 mths old? someone told me that its not good to start giving out snacks but Im so tempted..

Btw, I have 2 cans of 400g mamil gold follow on step 2 to give away. Anyone interested?

Hi i'm from june 09 forum. any bb here have nt flip at 7th mth? my bb reaching 6mth next wk but he show no interest to be on tummy, he will flip to back very quickly & wn he not enough strength or blocked he will cry. he seems to dislike tummy time. i'm worried he continue to just lie on his back he will not learn to crawl as well!

Hi andrea u got mail.
happy.gif

hi createjoy, try to make tummy ime interesting. What I have done was to give my ger tummy time as and when I can remember. Sometimes I put her on her crib and play peek a boo with her. Or I put toys in front of her. I have those piano kind one that she used to kick when bb. I place that in front of her so when she press, there'll be music.

My ger turned at 4th mth but till now doesn't turned back which I find it worrying. Haiz. Urs know how to turn back but doesn't like to be on tummy.
happy.gif
anyway don't worry too much, bb will turn eventually but make sure u give them plenty of opportunity to turn. Hope this helps.

morning mummies !

createjoy, my bb used to dislike tummy time since birth till 6th mth...he only started to flip at 6th mth 4days...PD say this is normal as some bb will skip this milestones...eversince he knw how to flip, he likes to be on tummy most of the time..he can even sleep on tummy..give ur bb some time. jia you !

thks for the advices ilovesashimi & porky.. cos he look so happy on back like not keen on tummy at all i so worry everything will be delayed. he only flip frm tummy to back on the right side haha leftside he cannot so funny. today i gave him heinz apple puree, his expression like very sour wanna vomit out like that, can i mix milk with that??

Ive not tried commercial food. I home make apple puree. I bought those super red apple, peel off the skin. Steam and then use blender to mash it up before giving to my gal. Its a bit sweet and she has the brow movements .. so cute.. like the choc commercial. haha.. but she seems to like it after a few mouthful.

Btw, can mummies shared with me if you let your bbs drink milk first before giving solid or solid first then milk?

Ive been giving my gal solid first then milk but i read from some website that from 4-8 mths should give milk then solid so that bb milk intake not disrupted.

Wonder whats your thoughts on this?

ilovesashimi: i give my girl solid first then milk else she won't want to eat her solids.
the solids also contain milk anyway so don't think will disrupt milk intake?
happy.gif

Actually i did not add milk to her brown rice as i am worried that she may have a habit of wanting everything with milk. Its only the barley cereal that i add milk.

hi createjoy,
my boy dun like tummy time as well. till now reaching 7th mth he hasnt known how to flip as well. as wat porky mentioned, some baby will skip this. my boy is one of them n advance to sitting 1st haha.

nevertheless, tummytime is still impt to train the muscles..i set aside some time to put him on his tummy when he is in gd mood ( fed well, sleep well etc)..play wif him, place toy in front of him to attract his attention etc.. do this daily n u will find ur baby more receptive to it gradually.. now my boy can spend longer time on tummy oredi..giv ur baby some time dun worri.
happy.gif

hi mummies,
i can host a christmas lunch gathering at my place on 24 dec for those who can make it. those who are keen, can you put your name down on the list below? we will see if there's critical mass, ya?

Christmas lunch @ feb_mum's place
1) feb_mum

Any mummies like to exchange with me?

Promil Gold 2 - Expires on 14th Nov 2010
Nan Pro - Expires in Oct 2010

Promil Gold 2 -
Willing to exchange for 1 tin of Friso Gold 2 milk powder (900g).

Nan Pro 2 -
Willing to exchange for 3 big packs of Pigeon 82pcs Wet wipes that comes with container.

Negotiable for other baby products.

Deal at Jur west.

feb mum, mus confirm again cuz xmas eve la.. n i tink some mummies also prefer later date.. wat time huh? hailey fine! thx for ur help! she was ok in the nite, abit fussy the next day bt now back to normal. =)

if 24dec, think 12.30pm would be good. later date i got to report back to sch for meetings everyday liao. aiya, christmas eve most pple chiong at nite, come my place for lunch, go back rest a while can chiong again ;p hahaha....

oh really May mum? it's possible to skip milestone? yday i tried push his piano for him to play during tummy time didnt help much he still either flip back, cried shortly or refuse to lift his head up just lie there motionless!

can i have some feedback from those who place bb at infantcare? i intending to put him there next mth.. but i'm rather worried...

feb_mum, i also wish to go but need to work halfday...

createjoy, my boy is in infantcare since 14th weeks till now..he can adapt quite well

Feb_mum,
Would love to go, but work half day till 1pm.. go home pick up kids will reach maybe 2plus le.. wat time will the gathering end?

Back