(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

st, i think i would need ur help to place order to birthday direct for the party supplies. dunno y i keep trying to post my message but it said that my username/password is not match or invalid. but i can post here and other thread leh...or u don mind can ask her email for me? i try to PM her but no reply from her too..i worry the order cannot reach before CNY!

Areya,

No worries, not every methods will work on every bb.

After 2 mths of poti train, now every morning he wake up, he will poo & wee when we put him on the poti, & also every feeding try to wee him. At least don't have to wash his backside if he poo onto the drypers.

yuki - i actually asked Pine garden abt cutting the 2 tiered cake.. lolx... they said cn jus cut the top tier then followed by the bottom tier... shldnt topple or anything.. also dont need to remove to cut.. jus cut like that.. hehehe

envy those who cn potty train ur baby... kirs jus wun sit still... so not possible to train her at the moment.. tried making her sit on the potty, she jus got off it n startin whackin the potty on the floor -_-""" luckily we didnt remove her clothes and was jus tryin... hahaha

piggysg
ok emailed to you already
happy.gif

missycandy
ok ok then confirm can order 2 tier heehee.. cos hubby worried the cake will topple when we cut it haha.

haha so funny imagine bb kirs whackin the potty on the floor.. i think my gal will do the same too though i have not tried potty training yet.

yuki - i think kirs is boy trapped in a girl's body... LOL!!! she lurves to whack & bang stuff... as in her hands made of steel... no pain reaction when she whacks her hands anyhow -_-"

yuki - it will topple only if u cut the bottom 1st... kekeke... anyway, cn also mix flavours... some of them do that... one of my frns got lychee martini and some other chocolate flavour... guess the martini is for the adults... kekeke

advice for those ordering from Pine Garden - best to go dwn to their shop to try the flavours urself to decide... also, they do not do fondant.. only fresh sponge cream cake. so if u wan fondant, PG is out
happy.gif
also, you cn always email them for designs...

Misscandy
haha I ve e same feeling for my gal also " boy trapped in gal's body" haha and she too bang bang like not pain like tat! +++ she also look like Boy
hope they dun be so chor loh in future ....

Misscandy, oh.. when we first train my boi, he will struggle, don't want to sit. Then we carry him on top the potty, keep saying 'poo poo' or 'sheshe'.... sometimes unsuccessful, sometimes will wet my hands...hahaha... he still can't aim properly. Keep trying lor. But he likes to play w potty.

Yuki, thank u very much, receive.

pigpig - some of them were saying young chor lor, grow big wil be feminine... im nt sure if true or not... we will only knw in the future... lolx

piggysg - oo i see... maybe later on ba... jus nw i put her on the potty to try, she dont wana sit, stand up, turn ard, pick up the potty n bang bang bang -_-" with smellie poo poo in her pampers...

before the list gets lost ...

Lunch @ United Square | Swensens 1 for 1 | 22nd Jan 1215pm - Babies too!

1. missycandy
2. daphnekang & ugin
3. alfafa & gracie
4. babe & shayna
5. queenie & tristan
6. seabreeze & Shao Han
7. p3pp3r & ziv
8. meebaby & chyng shiuan
9. fatfish
10. lingmama & Destinee
11. sinmey

ilyena,

Bree is now in Julia Gabriel's playnest at Forum Shopping Mall. We had a boy who is on trial class today.

if you are keen, do call and ask them if you can join the classes.
happy.gif

Pine Garden's cakes r gd n it's a worthwhile purchase for ur guests...i got them for my colleagues during my boi's 1st mth bday.

Feedback was tat e cake wiped out (for 80-90pax) in 1 hr...

Hello momz...long time no chat...seems now e hot topic is e 1 year old bash for our LD...
happy.gif

tusky...

re 1st yr bash, you might want to consider if you want an adult or kids centric celebration.

for my boy we are having 2 celebrations - one kids and one adults.

for the kids centric celebration we are having it at a location that has a indoor children's playground. my little boy has 21 little cousins who are aged 2yrs to 12yrs so the plan is to let them go nuts while us adults lunch and catch up. inclusive of adults we are looking at 80+ guests.

deco for this is minimal cos the location is already very colorful and provided table for eating and cake cutting. so the plan simple - get balloons, banner and a cake; food settled by caterer.

for the adult centric celebration, it's is a small cosy affair, estimate 10 adults and a baby. the plan is to go to some nice resturant with a private room. if they allow deco, then we will do something. (even more straightforward =P)

thanks missy and jo! probably settle for PG... hubby dont like fondant cakes...

thinking of getting party supplies online...wonder if its in time for delivery before end feb...

Hi Ladies,

Long time never chat here. Just an update for myself. No stop working already and planning to go for a short trip before going over to help my father in law after CNY.

Woww.....looks like everyone planning for 1st year birthday already. Mmmm.....i might not be doing my boy 1st year birthday.

missycandy & pigpig
same here.. my gal very chor lor.. likes to bang table and whack things ;) i really wonder if she feels any pain. And she's loud too, likes to "talk" loudly (in her own language) and catch people's attention by calling them loudly but duno what she's saying. haha

cake suggestion for mummies who want to order cakes.

1) www.etasweets.com - more ex but very pretty n gd reviews from friends who ordered from them before

2) www.havenbakery.blogspot.com - home made by a stay at home dad, with very good reviews for taste, decor not as professional but def done with love

Both have very good customer service and prices for what they offer

I am using them both and will report with reviews after trying them.
Happy choosing!

Hi, any mummies interested to buy my 7 boxes of Blue Egg breastmilk storage bags. 25pcs/box.

Self collection at Jurong West area between 4th - 16th Feb. Selling at $8/box.

If interested, pls email me at [email protected]

Regards,
Agnes

hi mummies,

any of you switched diapers to pull up pants already? what brand is reasonably priced and good? any lobangs? my gal is currently wearing fitti, thinking of switching her to pull up pants, though shes not walking yet...

pullup pants - i use it on n off for Kirs... its the mamypoko value pack if im nt wrong... lolx... its the cheapest... yellow & orange packaging.. cnt recall hw much i paid for it... but at night i still use the normal diapers...
happy.gif

moomoo...mami poko pull up pants qite gd but my concern is e thickness...my boi has sensitive skin bet anus n little frien area so may tink of switching back to Pampers...used Huggies n this problem keeps recurring...Mami poko so far ok w him too...

E birthday celeb does revve me up...yeh tks for e link p.seed...artisan sweet is charmingly sweet...tks Donroxx for the suggestn too!

Aniwae, my hb n i kinda decided to hav his 1st year bash in a club cos they org child friendly themed parties...The guests can eat, move ard n play w e facilities like swimming pool/bowling etc...wooo...w e fn rm, i intend to share his 12 mths of existence thru a scrapblog too!!!

Gifts for e families n little toys for the LOs...Org for LOs so fun!

Jus need to tink of e special cake to mark his bday...
happy.gif

ilyena,

so far.. Bree is ok.. she is a bit shy. she doesn't really venture out to play. the furthest she is from me is 1 meter then she will come back to me. she will turn her head back every step she takes.. or i should say.. every "crawl"/ "butt shifts" haha..

at this stage, she does not really focus throughout.. if her dad is in the same room, she would look for him and laughed really loud or chuckles asking him to play with her... not really into what's going on in the class. actually only one parent is allowed with exception of first class in the term..

if dad out of sight.. ya... she does focus here and there in class.. she will try to crawl out if she is blocked by babies or mommies during story time.. hehe...

P.seed
thanks for e link, still looking for cakes!!

Moomooland
I m using mamy poko pull ups too e value pack.
Another one is drypers pull up, I prefer mamy as it feels and
look "slimmer" compared to drypers and it's also abit cheaper.
Whenever possible, we ll use the pampers instead of pull ups to save $$ la, my naughty gal ll escape from us when we tey to put pampers on her!!!!

re: pull up pant
already using on my boi when he's 8 mths old...
i've tried mamypoko n huggies so far... still prefer huggies due to the material compare to mamypoko... i found pull up pant very convenient esp when we r outside n no room for chging diaper... juz tear n wear it on his stroller will do, juz a min job... kekeke

re: cake
might consider PG since so near to my hse... but will look ard for other choices since PG dun provide figurines right...

re: catering
last sat my hb's cousin customary and found tat the buffet they ordered was yummy... is 'jessy xx' can't rem the name... lolx
most likely will order fr them...

pigpig
same here lor... my boi will cross his leg and kick off my hand when trying to wear diaper for him... even when wear pull up pant he still will struggle... buay ta han...

Re: Pull ups
I've been using Drypantz on Shayna since 7 months. I find the material nice and soft, compared to Huggies Pull ups. Lasts all thru the night and medium size up to 12 kgs.

Lunch @ United Square | Swensens 1 for 1 | 22nd Jan 1215pm - Babies too!

1. missycandy
2. daphnekang & ugin
3. alfafa & gracie
4. babe & shayna
5. queenie & tristan
6. seabreeze & Shao Han
7. p3pp3r & ziv
8. meebaby & chyng shiuan
9. fatfish
10. lingmama & Destinee
11. sinmey
12. inya & violette

mummies
can email me PG's quote on their birthday cake for my consideration?
3519584.gif

babe
dryper pull up pant material is better than huggieS? mayb can give it a try... how many pc in a pack for M size?

Hi Donroxx,

Thanks for your suggestion on kid centric celebration. Can recommend any place that provide the indoor playground for the celebration ?

Hi Moomooland,
I only tried Drypantz pull-up sample, so so, yet to try others. May try Mammypoko for pull-up.

My boi has very sensitive skin, he got eczema at all joints. Poor thing, he always scratches his joints till bleeding, has been seeing PD, still the same. PD gave cream contains steriod which not very good for him as will thinning his skin. Don't know what to do
sad.gif

Hi piggysg,

have you tried the california baby's calendula cream? my son had small red bumps all over his limbs recently due to sensitive skin but they went off soon after i started applying the cream..

saw so many BP on ladies clothings, anyone here buy before?? How's the clothes, is it the same as the photo they posted?

Irene, bought from clothings from the BP. the clothes do look the same as in the pic but of course i don't look as the models in the pic. So.. it will be better to try on the clothes in the shops rather than buying from BP..

My thoughts only la. tried a few times buying and er.. dun drape on to me that well leh. There was this floral dress that i bought, look so nice in the pic, but i look pregnant when i wore it!

Ann,
yes, I did try california baby's calendula cream, but it didn't work. He oso have red patch like ring worms but PD say it isn't, is eczema. He go eczema once I stop bf on the 6th month. I really envy other babies got smooth skin. Now trying Cetaphil both cleansing & intensive moisturer (perscribe by PD). Now, i let my boi wear long sleeves & pants so that he will not be able to scratch on his skin. Hope he will recover before CNY.

Piggysg,

Active eczema is best treated by steroid cream cos the underlying problem is inflammation that the steroidd treats, but u have to apply it thinly and diligently. Obviously if u apply a thick layer or apply it when the skin is normal then after a while the skin will thin but for active inflammation it is ok as long u stop once it is much imprpved then let the moisturiser do thre rest of the work. Use the steroid and moisturiser at separate times llike half an hour apart so that u dun dilute the steroid or it won't work as well.

My boy also has eczema. I find that if I put moisturiser until the affected areas are totally greasy it works better. Try dexeryl cream to moisturise
happy.gif
its popular with dermatogy patients.

Areya,
Thanks for the advise. I will get the dexeryl cream. Yes, if I apply steroid cream, it recovers within 2 days, once I stop, it recurs... b'cos he scratch it.. dun know is it really itchy or become a habit. If I hold his hands to stop him, he will cry.

irene/northvirgo - agree with nthvg, some of the clothes are okie.. but some really cannot make it... half the clothes i bought are fine, half either too small, too big or make me look like aunty!!!! the price is tempting but be prepared...
happy.gif

piggy - *hugs to ur boi* i had one poly mate who has ezcema.. quite poor thing, she always wears long sleeves and pants... the lucky thing is, the face nt very affected... but its all the way up to her neck... i think on bad days, it does affect her face... its red and can looks very drying and peely... there is one brand my exboss recommended and its aderma... nt sure if you wana try... its green colour packaging... they have shower oil(smells very nice) and barrier cream as well as creme... contains omega 3 or something... i havent used it personally la.. heh... anyway, long term steroid is not the way to go... hopefully it gets better in time to come...
happy.gif

I also have eczema and strangely, its coming back w a vengeance recently.. I think Eddric confirm will have it.. For him, moisturiser works better than steroid cream..

Talking abt 1 yr old birthday.. Im having a huge headache over my guests list. A bit regret giving in to the old folks on a grand celebration. Now working myself half dead over this party. Crossing fingers that it will be successful

piggysg - my gal also has ezcema, at the folds of her arms and behind the neck and on her back recently. wonder if its the weather...suddenly very cooling and sometimes very warm...

when she gets cranky during bedtime, she will tend to scratch her head, and pull her hair, sometimes if nails are long, she tend to scratch till blend...haiz...these few days have to give her milk in order to sleep....dunno why...

piggysg - i wonder if our babies have the same problem...if its really itchy or they are just pek chek coz of teething...i really dunno...

sunshinebaby, think PG cake is the best choice for u since u stay so near (me too)!! u don hav to waste money for the delivery or waste time to collect cakes from other bakery shop..for the figurines, u can easily buy it from www.babyterroronline.com or www.birthdaydirect.com, however, u may consider Cupcake Divinity which provide all the cake toppers & figurines, if u hav vehicle can collect from them at Hougang Ave 7/Fernvale Road(if im not wrong).

Alternatively, this also have very nice cake www.creativeculinaire.com

Irene, i agree to Northvirgo & missycandy, all the clothings looks nice & prices r tempting, but do not expect very good quality, do always check ur measurement & the measurement provided..

Back