(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

reverie... ic ic. actually i found the people at JG more "stuck up" then st james =P guess it also depends on who we met. at st james, i met a very nice lady and another who was more experience but also quite nice. but definately only send your baby to somewhere you are comfortable with =)

missy... hmm ya that is true. maybe the community centres in singapore should start a "how to speak with accent" class =P

asure79.. your baby is so cute! love her big smile =)
and wow how did you get so many bottle of nursettes?

smartie.. welcome =)

asura
bb c so cheeky!!! hahaha

welcome aboard smartie!!!
yr bb ger or boi? DOB??

aiyo... christmas in 2 more wks...
that's fast... then approaching end of the yr...

hi been reading e entries on speaking w an accent...frankly speaking, aint we a bit post-colonialism? Some ang mos in SG kinda of stuck up cos they still think we like their sia ren (lower class) ...
jus a comforting thot, donno if itz true; my hb says usually those ang mo who live in SG is tat they cant 'survive' in their cty, so kinda seek greener pastures here...He used to befriend an ang mo guy taz super bad attitude, cursing n swearing n complaining abt pple...aniwaez...we jus b confident n outtalk them...we oso got accent wat 'PCK accent' leh...
happy.gif

Hi Lenny...has Bree started her play sessions in JG? Costly?

Welcome smartie pants!! Care to show a pix of ur LO?

thanks everyone for your compliments... Baby C is very cheeky... hee.. Was just telling my friends that parenthood is a different type of joy, comes with lots of responsibility and sacrifices. But it is all worth it!

donroxx,

I went to parent craft at the beginning. My milk supply was slow to come in. Parent craft was very generous in giving me the samples as I told them that i need more milk to standby for me to feel secure and not give up.
Anyway, do u want them? I recall that u stay in AMK and ur son is drinking enfalac A+.

Hi ^.^

Letting go:

- 2 unopened tins of Enfapro Stage 2 900g at $30 each;
- 3 opened tins (partially used) of Enfapro Stage 2 at $20.

Use by 14-Mar-2011.

Pick up at Simei/Bedok.

Please PM me if interested.
Thank you!

Hi smartie, welcome.. actually im a March baby too..hehehe...

tuskywoolie, u r so humorous..lol when reading ur post

Asura, ur bb is really cute!*pinch pinch* by the way, i stay at amk too..so did u bring baby C to polyclinic for immunisation? yesterday on leave to bring baby for development assessment..the doc ask if im interested to attend the weaning classes..anyone attend this kinda classes before? anyone interested to go tgt?

alfafa, thanks for the useful info!!

PigPig, added u at fb.

Morning mummies,
I just saw tis thread, about the CARTER WAREHOUSE sales.
Its confirm date will be on 17th Dec-20th Dec, guess this year they decided to start early than usual as past year they only hold the sales for 3 days.
Details below:

17-19 Dec 2009
9am to 8pm
43 Tampines St 92
Gimmill building

Up to 90% off
Prices $3-12 Cash only!

Link:http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/598156.html?1208757246

Do bring along cash, if Im not wrong for the past year they don't have nets.

Am going on that friday, anyone going on friday afternoon?

Hi jasmine, i would really want to go..but tampines is really too far for me..somemore Fri need to work...sigh..gonna give it a miss then..

Jo,
U stay AMK right? Where U work? Maybe U can go after work. Or U can go on Sat or sunday. They will top up the sales items daily.

Jasmine, my workplace at bugis..gonna rush back after work to take care baby..still thinking if wan ask dh to go this weekend. would really like to get sth!

recently bought 2 customized t shirt from little bhubu..really loves it!already ordered another pc for christmas!nowadays..all $$ spent buying for bb's clothing n necessaries..nth for me.. sigh..

Jo's mummy,

Ooh...we have quite a number of AMK mummmies..
happy.gif
Maybe should organise a AMK mummies gathering..
happy.gif

I brought my bb to GP for immunisation. Find polyclinic too troublesome cos must be on working days and not much savings. Never boterhed about development tests, i think as long i think she is fine, there;s no need. U can use the tests indicated in the health booklet as a guide.

Hi Asura,

Which GP you go? AMK area?
Ya also the pneumococal vaccines, it is now available at polyclinic. the doc say it is only 1 injection and it is only S$160 before gst. Found it so cheap as compared to wat other mummies posted here..dunno should i get it done at polyclinic or GP...

Asura... Aiyah am I too late for the enfalac? If still have leftover, can i "chope"? just need a few bottles only cos my boy takes formula only when the human bottle is not around =D

jo's mummy,

I go to 338 Family Clinic. Only 1 injection? I think 1 injection is for 1 yr and above or something like that.. BB C took more (cant remember how many).. cos i gave her when she was 2.5 mths old.

Hi mommies, do you want to do up something special for your baby's precious photos but have no time and patience to do it?

Or are you looking for a special gift/cards for that special someone?

At Aimee Creation, we provide customisable scrapbook layouts and premade scrapbook and handmade cards to suit your every mood and needs. Below is some of the samples of our products. For more details please visit http://aimee-creation.blogspot.com

3350108.jpg
3350109.jpg

To celebrate our opening, receive a <font color="red">$5 voucher</font> for every $60 nett spend before 31 Dec 2009.

Hey mommies, anyone given barley water to your 9 mth old? May I ask how: (1) how much barley to use and cook for how long? (2) mix it in milk or drink as is? (3) how much to let baby drink? Thanks

Hi Asura,

Ya, i intend to give it to baby Jo when he is 1yrs old, so only 1 injection..is it too late? i know the earliest is better..

Hi Nancy, i gave barley water without sugar to baby Jo when he is 8mths. just boiled like normal we drink, no specific qty of barley n water but not too thick..just gave him like 4-5oz. no need add with water or milk..drink as it is..

jo's mummy,

I gave my bb early cos i brought her to US with me when she was 3 mths old. I was worried about air=borne illnesses so KS give early. Else i might just wait until later.

hello mommies,

been silent reading here..
so many mommies are planning for the 1st yr celebration.. make me kancheong leh... kekekeke

jo,
The sales is next weekend not tis weekend hor. If not U go all the way there and its not on yet will waste the trip there. Sales date is 17th Dec-20th Dec which is next week.

Asura.. np =)

Nancy.. i give my baby barley once in a while. as for recipe, i did not measure leh, the estimate is 3/4 chinese spoon barley boil with 3 mugs of water. When water starts to boil, continue boiling med-small fire for 30mins. switch off n remove barley seeds.

irene - hee hee hee.... if u r goin to hold the party outside... better book the venue 1st... some hot places snapped up le... hee hee... some cake companies/personnel also booked up... im still deciding on who to choose for the cake... but being KS, i've 'booked' 2 ppl le... lol... might end up with pine garden.. ha ha... deco cn always decide later... no hurry on that... but i have olredi bought balloons... ka ka ka... guest list also more or less materialising... hee hee

hee same same i also booked 2 people. but that is because i need 2 cakes *faint* (actually need 3 cakes but over my budget haiz)

hi mummies
can i ask u about ur bb sleeping time? how many naps in a day n how long? and front he last nap to bedtime how many hours he can be awake?
really headache these 2 days my boy so difficult to be put down to sleep..he will cry n scream..i dunno whether he's overtired or he's not sleepy yet..because he keeps changing..last time when he was 7 months old..he can last 3 hours between last nap to bedtime. recently is 3.5 hours...but these 2 days why keeps screaming n cry when i put him down at the same time..

miss83.. my boy's a little haywire.. he sleeps at 1am, wakes at 9am or 11am. naps are usually 12pm, 3pm, 6pm (optional depends on his mood) and 10pm. naps can be 30mins to 2hrs long.

think our little ones are feeling uncomfortable due to teething thus not sleeping/eating well.

Miss83,

Bree naps twice a day.. a short one in the morning 30mins - 1 hrs and a longer in the afternoon about 1.5 - 2hrs..

Bree will now sleep at 12.30pm.. then wakes up at 2.30pm.. if she is tired later in the afternoon.. she will take another 30mins short nap

her bedtime is between 7pm - 8pm then wakes up between 6.00am to 7.00pm

i am trying to rework her schedule to encourage her intake of semi-solids.. she kinda know that if she don't eat much.. i will bf her and she won't go hungry..
Cracking my head now..
sad.gif

donroxx
I'm so tired with this teething..really struggling with meal time..and now is bed time n nap too..the molars really giving me headache!

miss83

my boy naps variable times but on average 1-1.5 hr in the late morning, and about the same in the afternoon. we brought his bedtime forward so he sleeps by 8.30-8.45pm, if he has a good night he doesn't make a peep and wakes at 6am for milk, then sleeps some more till 8am. he kind of has a 3 hr awake limit in the day, but think the trick is to just watch his signals as opposed to counting 3 hrs on the dot. It's not only teething/snotty nose (cos he is running a cold since last week) that bothers him but now also depends on his mood. if he is excited but doesn't wind down, he will really fuss. some more he is so easily excited got to really know how to watch his signals closely otherwise can very easily mistake him for not being sleepy when he is tired like hell. Like bedtime routine, I got a naptime routine for him as well to wind him down. Seriously helps.

good luck with your LO!

fireangel
i did that too..last time it's surely dead 3 hours he will yawn..so put him straight to bed (with routine too-story books, milk n prayer)..but I've to admit lately we didnt watch the signals anymore..we go by timing..but today he actually havent yawned by 4 hours..but we put him to bed anyway..and he screamed and fuss..could it be that he has extended his awake time..or did i miss the signal?
sad.gif
*confused*

miss83,

dunno abt ur boy, but i used to think that he has stretched his hours too, and then realised that although that is true to an extent, his signals are also very subtle now. like if he yawns, he is seriously tired and will crash at any point. before that stage the first thing that changes is his behaviour - like he b ecomes less calm, and then starts rubbing his ears, and then when he rubs his eyes, it is really time to go nap liao. sometimes he doesn't even show anything except behaviour change only. it gets more difficult as they grow older and become more aware, so i also change naptime routine, to adapt to him. and THEN to complicate, if we put him down too early when he is not tired at all he will definitely fuss, but not as much as when he is put to bed too late.

see how yours go lah. each bb is different. what works for mine may not work for urs
happy.gif

fireangel
i agree..i agree..
nap time is still ok..bedtimes used to be ok..but these 2 days dunno what happens..very unusual..maybe you are right..he's not tired yet then make a fuss when we put him to sleep..

miss83,

if bree naps later in the afternoon.. its about 4.00pm to 4.30pm... then bedtime will be about 8.00pm that day..

normally after 5.30pm.. i try not to get her too excited.. else its very difficult for her to go to bed.. she will cry and scream to let go before she sleeps..

when her schedule runs.. i will try to get her back on time.. meaning.. if i want her to sleep earlier.. i will play with her to wear her out or take a walk with her..

if i need to drag her time.. i will slow down in her activities...so she will stay awake longer..

each time is 10 mins diff till u get to the time that u want..

i use her bath time for her to wind down.. if she is not too cranky, i do massage her as well.

just wondering too...
how are ur bb appetites? my boy refused to eat porridge..he only takes cereals..but these few days, cereals also very fussy to take..if it's because of teething..why is it so long? we are waiting for the molar to show up..cant tahan anymore with him being grumpy and no appetite..and then the waking up at nap n night *sigh* really really tired and under pressure here

Jo's mummy,
Gonna bring my baby for the same assessment end of the month at polyclinic. Will most likely take the pneumococal jab at the same time too. I stay in Yishun (own hse) half of the time and CCK (mum's hse) half of the time. So went to CCK polyclinic cos my mum can go along. Also went for the weaning talk in Oct with hubby. Quite useful though many things I already knew fm books n internet. But useful for him to know. Haha.

Re: Barley water
We give baby water only when we see that his urine is yellowish. My mum says must only give chinese barley (the bigger sized ones) cos the normal barley is too cooling.

Anyone let baby watch VCDs/DVDs? My baby used to like Baby Sesame. Now, he likes Mickey Mse Clubhse. Heard that 'My Baby Can Read' is quite gd for word recognition.

Brought baby for his 4th swimming session at Hwa Xia yesterday. Realised that after each swim, he goes super tired (can nap for 2 1/2hr).

jacqueline
i let my bb watch baby einstein everyday> i think it's good for him to learn and it has some classical instrument too as a background music. He likes to watch anything that has song or watch ppl sing n dance. i dont think he will like bb you can read, that's why never bought for him

Hello mummies,

It's been a long time ^^ was so busy with visitors and now Im preparing x mas
happy.gif

Looking for an advice for baby food !!! coz Im running out of idea.

Our routine is like this

7am wake up Breastfeeding
8am BF - oatmeal 2 tbs + fruit 1 cube
9am - 10am Nap
10:30am Breastfeeding (one breast)
12 noon Lunch - meat or fish porridge 140 ml + fruit 1 cube
1:30 - 2:30 Nap
3pm Breastfeeding (one breast)
5pm Dinner - cereal 4-5 tbs + vegi 1 cube (usually spinich or green bean or brocolli) + fruit 1 cube
7pm Breastfeeding and then sleep

Im giving some variety for lunch but dinner is so boring. Im wondering when we stop giving cereal and giving something like porridge or meat / fish puree???

Thanks for your advice in advance
happy.gif

Thx miss83. Baby doesnt really like baby einstein. Nowadays, he wants to move about and we hv to be ard either sitting beside or carrying him. Cant just leave him in front of the tv like b4.

Inya,
Can add pumpkin (esp organic ones), carrots. Can give steamed or baked fish but remember to smash it.

Jasmine, thanks for reminding me..if not i think i will go this weekend :p so blur...

Baby Jo sometimes can hav long nap for up to
2hrs! surprisingly..sometimes only 30mins
sad.gif

but i tell my MIL to make sure not to let him sleep at 6pm, if not he will stay awake till 10pm or later..i will then b very tired!

Jacqueline, polyclinics have pneumococal already? i tot is next yr then only have..im still thinking if wan to attend the talk o not..bcos its a saturday and also my MIL's off day..feel bad if leave Jo to him on sat!anyway if going i will b going alone, cos dh is working on sat...so do u think it is necessary to go?

Inya,i also feel boring giving baby Jo porridge with fish+broccoli / fish+pumpkin, the polyclinic doc advise me to try Jo on egg yolk little by little to test if he is allergy to egg, as the Rubella vaccines contain eggs element.the egg yolk must be fully cooked! and not to mix with other food except cereal/rice. also will start to add meat to his porridge.

Back