(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Pumpkin
hahaha... ya, not just the French postal system. i remembered 2.5 yrs ago when i was there, my SIL n her husband was preparing for their cafe opening and there were so many registrations, paperwork, procedures to do... and worst is, all handled by different depts, and at different location...
my SIL was so frustrated then and commented how efficient Singapore is, having all related depts within the same building
happy.gif
 


Pumpkin Seed
Pls let me know your account number to transfer for the sophies. Thanks for helping us to take back.
happy.gif
 
jaszho not joining us...

Kopi session @ JP Bakerzin
Date: 19 May 2009
Time: 2pm

Attendees:
1 Jtho
2 Daphne Cros
3 Missycandy
4 Lenny
5 Cindy?
6 Mummybean?
 
teddybb
at least u better u still think of pressing the bell haha..once bb got off the nipple i try to latch him back but can't then he cry haha then i ask the nurse to bring him back cos he cry i got scare liao
bad mummy...
by the way his white and green colour appear even before his 1 month till now so long liao..

at least ur LC came on the 3rd day mine didnt come at all and i deliver on weekday
 
Hi Pumpkinseed,

i spoke to hubby and he mentioned he wanna get more stuff.. think i pull out la.. cos i paiseh.. you have to go through all the trouble of buying for so many mummies..

you can take me out of your list la..

for the sleep workshop, i am also keen and hubby will be going with me. Brianne is due for injection this friday, 22nd May 2009.

if the workshop is early next week, i won't be able to make it if Brianne got fever due to her vaccination.. i hope u dun mind..

if late next week should be fine.. thanks again for coordinating all these..
 
st, mine was Tbf in hospital. Nothing else. No water no glucose, no Fm.

Pumpkinseed: thanks babe on the sophie. Update us on payment k! Was still thinking of troubling u to get another for my #1 cause he always wants to take his sister's stuff Haha! But next round I guess hee. Muacks.

Jean, me on on tuesday. But might have to go back school for a meeting, if its not tmr, count me in! But if tmr raining, we go weDs!
 
Daphne,
My girdle is from MaidenForm (US Brand) from Isetan. Think it's retailing for 100+ but I bought it for about 20-30% less. They have a variety there...you might wanna take a look. I bought the normal ones without wire but paid the high price because I luv.....the material. So far no regrets. But if you are looking for streaming your waistline, you might go for those wired ones which are more effective.
 
teddybear, 600ml is a lot...

alfafa, hope your FIL's matter can be settled soon. 20K is not a small sum.. your hubby and family must be very stress and upset over this matter. and ya.. marriage is not about two persons, it's about two families.
 
anyone else still interested?

\blue {Personalised Rompers:
Who are interested? Seller to give 10% off if we have 10 or more orders.

1. Irene
2. Sassybaby
3. Serene
4. minnie24
5. Pei
6. hoho03 (is it sew or iron on?, will get 1 baby and 1 toddler size)
7. ST (1 set of romper and Bib set and 2 additional bibs)}
 
Kopi session @ JP Bakerzin
Date: 19 May 2009
Time: 2pm

Attendees:
1 Jean (Jtho)
2 Daphne Crosailo Kang
3 Candace (Missycandy)
4 Lenny Susanty
5 Cindy (elita)
6 Jaclyn Mummybean)
7. Pauline (Minnie - only if it is not raining)
 
Kopi session @ JP Bakerzin
Date: 19 May 2009
Time: 2pm

Attendees:
1 Jean (Jtho)
2 Daphne Crosailo Kang
3 Candace (Missycandy)
4 Lenny Susanty
5 Cindy (elita)
6 Jaclyn Mummybean)
7. Pauline (Minnie - only if it is not raining)
8. fiona (prosper)
 
pumping milk:
my bb is on TBF and i'd been using the Avent manual pump(ngiao to invest during preggy coz not sure if i'll have bm). I'm thinking to buy a dual electric pump since my ss seems ok. The main purpose is, my wrist, finger is super tiring and i even having finger cramp in the mid-night.

calling mummies using the electric pump, can adv which brand should I buy and let me know if u have pump to let go ..
 
pssssssssst

thanks to meerkat, annmelody, pumpkin sharing their success with baby whisperer and gina ford. I started trying the baby whisperer's E.A.S.Y method

last night, or more accurately this morning because last night was a mess. So far

11.45am E(at)

12.15am A(ctivity) she usually dozes off for like 15min or so while at my breast but this time I kept tickling her to keep her awake. In the end she managed to stay awake until

1.40pm S(leep) hahahah she started getting a bit cranky at 1.20pm and had it been in the past I would simply have put her back to my breast for the lack of better options/knowledge. She would then doze off for a short short while while at my breast again. This was how I "cultivated" her bad habit of snacking and comfort suckling. Anyway, because I read this book and am dying to stop her comfort suckling, I noticed that I just fed her a full feed at 11.14am to 12.15am, so she couldn't be hungry at 1.20pm again. Which means it has to be sleep. So I picked her up and did the shhhush/pat method and true enough, her body went limp against my shoulder within a couple of mins. After another 5mins of shushing and patting she softened like marshmellow ...

she's still napping now at half an hour later which is a major feat cs she hardly naps during the day. Usually 10 - 15 mins of "shut eyes" only.

Hoping she can sleep for at least 1.5hrs i.e. wake up at 3.10pm. *crossing my fingers*

now got to go help my hubby with his reports. Back later. Thanks sweeties for your encouragements!
 
alfafa - I really empathise with ur situation at the moment. Not easy to be a daughter in law in some way... Dunno how to explain. Been thru that... Btw, hehe b4 I forget again... account no please??? ;p

Pumpkin - sleep talk change to next week?? I tout of going since my boy cant have his injection today as my girl is down with a cold and PD suggest to give the shot on sat provided touchwood he dun come down with the same symptom like the sister.
 
sinmey, i'm using ameda lactaline personal dual electric pump. No regrets buying it.

SSC.. one question here, why no one buying the Baby Mei Tai Carrier, it's about the same as Pikkolo right? just tat it's using tying method rather than buckles?
The price is around USD36 cheaper.

Mei Tai Carrier
 
alfafa,

it's 3.10pm now. Did bb Grace sleeps till then? If yes, then the EASY method is working!!
happy.gif
For me, I don't follow any method, just want her to sleep after every feed! Hee hee but failed most time. When bb is awake, I also don't know how to entertain her. Sometimes I try to play with her, end up overstimulating her and she's overtired and doesn't want to sleep!! Counter-productive lor
sad.gif


re Beco,

Will be going to Ashley's shop tomorrow to try a Beco. She's offering a special price of $200 (same price as at sassy's place). Any mommies interested?
 
alfafa,

Great to the EASY method works for your BB. For me, it really reduces the guesswork of what the baby wants.

Sinmey,I'm also using ameda lactaline personal dual electric pump on loan from a friend. Great equipment. Pumping time is only around 10-15 mins.

Pei,
Where is Ashley's shop? I am keen to a baby carrier as my boy was already around 4.7 kg after 1 mth. Think he sld be around 5-6kg now. Now just undecided to get a beco or Pikkolo. Pretty set on a pikkolo due to the aesthetic reason but not sure if it is the right choice.

Fellow mummies with a beco/Pikkolo, which carrier will be better for heavier bb?
 
meerkat,

I also can't decide bt a beco or pikkolo. Think I will get a beco now and a pikkolo later cos the latter allows hip carry for when bb is bigger
happy.gif
 
pei, let me check with the seller.
the romper and bib set, not sure she will consider it as a set or not, cos it's on offer in the BP thread.
 
pei, meerkat: go with me to the Picotin Fair after you go to Ashley's place. It's just nearby! She doesn't have a shop, it's her apartment/showroom.
 
st, i also wear nursing bra at home...afraid of sagging and leaks, so save the trouble...

Teddybaby, i think we can officially crown you our QoM ~> Queen of Moo of our little march forum. 600ML in 1 pump! Wowowowoweee......
 
For hip carry, if you have a Beco now, may want to consider getting a Ellaroo Mei Tai when baby turns 2. I saw this lady carrying it the other day and her 2 yr old looked very happy in it. Pretty and compact too.
 
Official titles for Mar09 thread:

teddybaby - QoM (Queen of Moo)
Daphne Cros - QoG (Queen of Gadgets)
alfafa - QoD (Queen of Deals)??
 
pumpkin,

oh, didn't realise it's her apartment. Do you know the name of the development? Oh, the Picotin fair is tomorrow? I have half a mind to go previously. Now am even more tempted! What time do you intend to be there? PM me your hp no, if I am going, I will give you a text
happy.gif
Meerkat, lenny, u gals coming??
 
pumpkin and pei,

Yes, really tempted to go picotin fair. There is also a Beco demonstration by BEBE LOVE during the fair. Pei, since both of us undecided, why don't we go picotin fair first and then see how?

So what time and where should we meet? Can PM me your hp numbers?
 
pumpkin seed, thanks for the offer abt the sophies. I think not to let u exceed ur limits. Thannks for ur kindness. maybe next time ba
 
mummies, those babies sleep through the nite, do u wake bb up for nappy change?
Kayle usually last feed is 10pm. after feed i will change her diaper and can sleep through till 8am. But i nv change nappy for her. Is it ok for so long. Cant bear to wake her up leh. But scared will get rashes.
 
pei & meerkat,

i would want to see the beco demo too.. will likely go picotin fair. need to confirm with hubby when gets back to Singapore on wed night.
 
So sorry for the confusion, Picotin fair is NEXT week. Am very vague on dates these days. Sigh. This is what happens when you stop working.

Prosper, I don't wake her up. She doesn't get changed from 11pm-8am. Oops, is that being a bad mummy? I use Mamy Poko, wipe her really clean at 11pm and 8am, put a thin layer of Mustela Barrier cream. Has not had rashes since the CL left.
 
Lenny, the recall was for the previous version of the Beco. This new model that we all bought addresses this issue. ie. Problem fixed.
 
PumpkinSeed
How long of fenugreek do u take before it takes "effect" I heard some need 1-2 bots before they see improvment.

TeddyBB
Wow 600ml. I need to pump for @ least 2wks man!

Alfafa
Really true tat we dun marry Hubby only, we also 'marry' his family..Hope ur IL's get over this soon.

Re:pap smear test
Mummies, is this painful?need to see DR for 'result' on another visit or same day can get 'result'?
 
sung - i got the GNC lechithin, the LC at TMC advised me to take 2 in the morning, 1 afternoon, 2 in the evening. after one week, then take 3 times a day. How did you get yours in powder form?

btw - i kena blocked ducts again over the weekend..haiz...now fevers subsided but pain still there...hard to get rid of blocked ducts beneath breast ya?
 


lenny,

The recall was in 2008 and limited to USA and Dom Rep. It should be OK now isn't it?? Any mommies know anything about it?

meerkat,

I arranged for tomorrow because she is offering me the same price as at the gathering last fri at sassy's place. That special price is only valid for a week.
 

Back
Top