(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


Grace, Kris, jtho,
yah man, totally agree with you. AIG is tons better. ANyone except for NTUC motor. Jtho, it's just the motor arm that plays bastard on a regular basis :p

Yah have to give him support now. He is actually the youngest in the family. His elder bro is the only independent soul in the family but unfortunately he's not brought up to speed on this latest case because my FIL didn't dare to look for him when this thing got messy. He quietly came to my husband instead. Wah lao. My husband another one, thought he can try get a resolution first without disturbing his sibings. I quarrelled with him last week over that (OPPs!) cos I didn't think that was the smart way to handle a messy family issue.

Anyway, later have to go help him tidy up his docs plus help him re-draft his letters and reports lor.

It's just one of those things that reminds me of this - when we get married, we don't just marry the love of our life, we marry their entire family too!
 
jtho
it ok thanks so much

teddybb
me using the sleeping position to latch bb..even during the day..cos sitting down latching my backache leh
 
<font color="119911">alfafa,
i tink ur fil noes dat if he goes to elder son, sure kenna big time. haiz, no choice ba, love ur hb, love his family. juz hope dat th ewhole issue can b resolved in a more cheaper way. btw when u go c MP, act a veri pitiful face, act as if u dunno anything n tot dat insurance shld settle, juz do anything to look pitiful. *OOPS* any MP in our thread???</font>
 
teddybaby, I put her on My Brest Friend, then I prop my laptopn on a cushion. I either read a book or surf while latchin haha

st and propsper, I'll see how big the box os Sophies is when I get there. If can fit them in, I will bring back a few more. Otherwise, I'll get more in Sept if you still want them then
 
grace:
That's for the morning session. Each side abt 300ml. Afternoon &amp; nite pump lesser, 300-400ml

St,
you burp the BB halfway when latching or at the end. Donnoe why he merlion recently when latch on sleeping position. Previously no prob.
 
anyone went to Cebu before? Looking for accomodation there for July. Really hope A turns out to be a good traveller or the rest of the year will be one big nightmare.
 
Pumpkin
the last time my hubby went to Cebu for a conference/meeting, he stayed in Shangri-La (if i remember correctly). nice place, he said.
 
Grace,
wow that's realy tip top service. Worth paying more for.

Jasmin,
yah I know how to fix it, very easy. for the waist buckle straps
(1) remove the plastic catches/devices from the straps. So the straps are "naked" now

(2) Insert the "naked" straps, into the respective sides (left/right) of the cushioned belt through the thick seam. The cushioned belt should be in place by now, just use your hands to smooth out the belt area

(3) lastly, put the plastic catches/devices back onto the waist straps.

Basically, without the cushioned belt, the current pikkolo is to be worn apron style, buckled at natural waist. Support is at both shoulders mainly. Fine for small babies. Rem to cinch the bottom tight tight before hand. This is one of th ebest features of a pikkolo in fact, the cinching. So small babies don;t have to open their legs so wide.

With the cushioned belt, the carrier now has to be worn at the hips, and no long apron style. If you were at the gathering, you might have noticed how beco was worn? Yup, follow the same once you have the cushioned belt attached. The carrier body instantly becomes longer too, so it gives better (i.e. higher) back support to a young toddler who is of course, taller than bbs. Support is now distributed between shoulders AND hips.

Will road test it sometime this week.
 
pumpkin
sure u see how leh. if can't then the next round.

Teddybb
hmm i will let him drink one side then if the let go off my nipple then i will burp him then latch him on again..maybe becos ur milk flow is too fast that is why he can't take in too much at a time so he merlion?
 
Pumpkin
i was just thinking what about we buy Sophie and post it back instead of bring them in our luggage? dunno how much will the postage be... maybe i'll check out when i'm there. if postage is not too ex, then maybe can buy 10 or 20 pieces and send to one person's addres, and split the postage. i understand that buying Sophie from Cora is only about 8 or 10 euros.
 
Teddy,

(not doing that now) but usually I have my laptop on my dining table, my brest friend pillow around my waist, and my bb latched on while her body is nicely settled on the pillow. I would support with one hand and type with the other.

Re: sleep position
I don't like it because BB has the tendancy to merlion. Increases the chance of backflow which can cause ear infections easily.

It's just not a natural eating position to me. I mean, I cannot drink lying down so I don't see how bbs can without eventually choking.
 
kris,
yah lor. he was scared to go to the eldest son. Indeed, love your hubby, love his fmily. What to do.

Thanks moms, for listening to my rants.

ST,
no leh. Not white nor green. WHat happened?
 
jasmin,
just take note that because it is no longer worn apron style, when you put the plastic devices back it should be facing a diff way. Ahhhh very hard to explain this. But you will know what I mean when you put it on beco style. heheheh I made the mistake myself at first.
 
I'm not too keen on posting the Sophies back to SG as French postal system is quite inefficient. Not sure what experiences you have had with them, but mine haven't been favourable at all.(I am ok with this company though as they will send to me by courier, signed for). Plus we will almost def incur GST that way.
I am not sure how much airmail will cost as well. It may add up to same amount as where I am getting it from.
But if you want to organise getting from Cora and mailing it back, you're welcome to. I can't though as I will be there for few days only - it's too troublesome for me.
 
hmmm hopefully when my bb wakes up in a while I can try to swing her back to the correct sequence of EASY.

Will try it again until it works! Hopefully I can make her take a full feed plus be hard hearted enough to refuse letting her snack/comfort suck. Oooooohhh bet it's going to be crazy day for me.

:p
 
Alfalfa,

I understand what you mean cos my ILs are the same.. they are very dependent on each other.

even a simple dinner out of home will require major logistics to ensure that all are fetched to go to one destination even if it takes driving across the island to and fro. my ILs will not take public transport to meet halfway.

I also damn sian..
 
alfafa77
hmm i also dunno what happened ..can't remember when but it's been there very long time liao leh..some say maybe bb caught a cold or got scare.

cos when BF him at hospital sometimes his clothes fall off (the one to swaddle him) so might caught a cold there??
 
alfafa, I managed to balance her using only the Breast Friend... did it wrongly initially that's why she was not latching on properly. But now, I found a comfortable position for both of us such that she latches on comfortably and I have 2 hands free. Hmm, maybe I need to take a picture!

teddybaby, I sit on bed or couch
 
bf sleeping position...

e nurses showed me e sleeping position but like alfafa, simply not natural...h'r by putting bb on brest frien...itz e burping part i need to accomodate...e easiest shld b tum tum down n face out of e pillow eh...?

teddyb2...unbelievable!! fenugreek tat good ah?! wow look @ all e $$$$ u can save frm just bfing alone...ur ms very precious yor...

so bet beco/pikkolo/connecta/bjorn, pikkolo most ex?...wow e Mar thread really full of lobang...tink our hbs will wonder why we so hook on chatting...cos our eyes r itchy n our hands r willing to let go $$$...hmmm...tink we may oso attract a lot of other salespple offering their wares in here leh...
happy.gif
 
alfafa,

Woah.. Yr FIL sounds a bit like my dad. Stubborn like hell. Anyway, if u need help on the insurance part, can PM me. My hubby is in the general insurance biz so maybe he can help..

Sleeping habits:
My bb is also like urs. ESA type. But I heck care lah.. so far he can sleep for 6 hrs straight although praying hard hard for him to sleep from 9 - 7 am. Haha..

pumpkin, jtho,
My bb loves the swing and rocker too.. I hope it wont be a habit that is too difficult to break later on.

st,
Is it dried mucus?
 
those mummies TBF during at the hospital stay did u really did not give bb drink FM or anything just let bb on empty stomach?
 
ya, having lots of milk can also be problematic, but I guess its a nice problem to have
happy.gif
Now everywk, I pass many packs of frozen EBM to my nephew

Alfafa: Thanks for sharing. Oh I din know sleeping position increases tendancy to merlion. He used to be ok with this position until last 1-2 wks

Pumpkin,
KIV me for the sophie teether if u can bring back more. Thks!
 
teddy,
for nursing on sleeping position, maybe wait for a few weeks before trying again. my #1 and #2 also merlion when nursed lidat. but once #1 is older, she's ok on the sleeping position. in fact, that's the best position when they get heavier n it becomes difficult to carry them to nurse.
 
Today is an awful day for me. Dunno wat I ate yesterday. Kept having the runs since yesterday night. Vomitted twice and now running a slight temp. Hubby is not in town somemore. Im so scared to carry my bb, just in case.. Aiyahhh got to go toilet again..
 
tusk,
No, i did not take any fenugreek. In fact, I still took alot of dang gui during my confinement, which many ppl says not gd for MS.

Pumpkin,
Oh wow, if u don mind, can take a pic of how u BF her on nursing pillow with 2 hands free and email me? I pm u my email. Thanks!

st,
I TBF BB during hospital stay. I think he got some of my colostrum cos can see white stuff from his mouth after his feed. Anyway, they have reserves when they are born and their stomach is very very tiny
 
interesting EASY!
can someone repeat what each letter stand, sorry..

haiz, my bot at most is 3-3.5hrs straight.

only last nite, his last feed is 6oz, he zzz fm 9.30pm - 4am.

i m now experimenting to give him 5oz in day so test if he can slp long.

my boy needs to rock, carry then he will slp, sometime, he will open his eyes immed. once we rch his room. Faint!
put him down, last than 2mins, he CRY!
any solution?

alfafa,
take care, hope u r not too stress up!
happy.gif


teddy,
600ml!!! any secret recipes??

st,
i do supplement with FM cos he got jundice and milk supply is not that much yet.
so dun wan let the bb go hungry, n we wan the jundice level to go so that we can go home.
 
teddybaby hahah ok but will have to wait til someone can take a pic for me.

By the way, to all those who are b-feeding, be careful not to eat too much of any one item. Like what happened to alfafa and Grace... I had a similar problem, except mine was lemon juice, orange juice and grapefruit juice. Too much citrus. Caused my poor girl to have diarrhoea. She was crying at every poo
sad.gif
 
oh man, looks like we all want the sleep workshop to happen soon!

Update from Tammy: she is just waiting to confirm her doctor's appointments before confirming a day and time with us for next week.
 
teddybb
do ur bb need to latch quite long at one breast before he got the colostrum?

for mine i latch quite fast at one side cos i scare sore nipple so not sure if he got the colostrum. and no LC came to me to teach me how to latch too
 
st,
your BB shld be 2 mths now, can't be catch the cold in hospital then then now like that. Maybe check with PD.

Actually, I can't remember how long he latch at hospital liao cos like things happen in a daze as I was c-sec. Like u, I din have any LC coming in to help until like on the 3rd day cos weekend they not ard. I was struggling on my own esp at nite as hubby not ard too and once nurses help u to latch on, they will go off. When BB unlatched accidentally, &amp; I cant latch hin back gotta press for nurse to come help. But right now, I only latch him on one breast at a time so he get the hindmilk
 
Pumpkin
i know wat u mean about the inefficiency of the French postal system. and yes, like wat u said it will probably end up more ex if we send back by airmail... well, i guess mummies who want Sophie but not in time this round, will have to wait for Pumpkin's next trip. or if i am able to squeeze in somemore into my luggage when i come back, i will come online to see who still want...
happy.gif
 
pumpkinseed,

can u PM me your account no and HP no? once i transfer the money to you, i can text you.

will need your HP no to arrange for collection. Thanks so much for helping us get our sophies..

I will PM you my HP No. as well Thanks
 

lenny, if the workshop is next week, are you still coming?

Whoever is coming to the sleep workshop can pass me payment for the Sophies then.

jtho, my 'best' experience with the French postal system was when I went to Vietnam. Sent a postcard to our friend from there. She received it only after she came back to Singapore for a visit and saw all our vacation pics already. I think that was 1.5 months after we sent it. Really couldn't believe it. I think we will tear our hair out living there, especially as we are pampered with how efficiently most things in S'pore work.
 

Back
Top