(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Pumpkinseed,
what a brilliant idea!

Ok ok let me dig out my WTG, WTS, WTE stuff as well. But I have a feeling alot of my stuff are more for MTBs and for newborns :p
 


hoho,
For the Balboa, the first time I used I didn't place my baby in it ideally and I also felt that her head is like too low in the pouch and she looks all crouched and squashed in it. But the second time, I managed to place her better and her head is outside the pouch and resting on the cushioned edge of the pouch. She definitely looks comfortable. I managed to achieve this by not putting her directly into the centre portion of the base... meaning, I pull a bit more of the base towards myself and the inner edge of the pouch is a bit higher than the outer edge. But this is fine cos the inner edge is just against my body which I can fold a little.

I have yet to try other carrying style cos baby is not ready for it. Will try other styles eventually
happy.gif
Once her neck is stable, I think I will want to do a forward facing! I used to carry my boy in a "kangaroo style" when using the MIM sling and he certainly looks like a joey looking all around him from a pocket on mummy :p
 
<font color="ff0000">RE: Neck Float</font>
Saw u all getting neck float.. was there a BP here? Or u all ordered from BP thread? I am interested to get one, any extra can PM me?
 
Wow.. this thread is fast… no time to read, only read current page.

<font color="119911">misscandy</font>,
wow, u organise the gathering (so happening wor but the plc is too far for me)? so many mummies and bb attending wor...

<font color="119911">Queenie</font>,
read yr blog, yr bb got so much interesting action wor..so cute.

<font color="119911">May Wong</font>,
thks for the tips on boost milk supply. did not know bananas also can boost up. apple also can loh.
 
Have question to those who have been latching on since the birth:
I started latching on only in Week 6.
She now latches on for 3-4 full feeds a day, the rest are formula. Sometimes, it really hurts when she latches, especially in the beginning.
Is she latching on wrongly?
Do those of you who are tbf experience the soreness until now or has it disappeared?
Do you still use nipple creams?
 
Daphne,
try the Singaporeexpats.com website for property rentals.

Koala,
Huggies ultra, Dry comfort and dry are their product differientiation for the diff tiers of diapers. Ultra is Premium, Dry Comfort mid tier and Dry economy tier. Two key factors are breathability and absorbency. It's true, I've tried all 3 and I like ultra and dry comfort best.

Starflower,
wow wow wow you are da (wo)man! That is so cool! Hey I nominate that as our Mar09 Mommy Anthem.

Misscandy,
yes yes nametags pls. Alias + real names. Thanks!

Prosper,
glad to hear that you will be continuing. Don't hesitate, feel free to vent here whenever you wish to! Hmm when I carry bb against my chest I have my arm coming through between her legs and my palm firmly against her back, so her legs are already opened.

Do post a pic of you with your pikkolo!

Daphne,
so happy for you, girl! Here's wishing you the loveliest of times with your hubby and Ugin.
happy.gif


Grace,
I think most of such nursing cvers only cover the front. Unless it is the poncho type e.g. obuba type> But then that doesn't come with the curved out part that allows you to do your thing more efficiently under covers. I mean, I need to be able to see to insert my nipple into my baby's mouth afterall. If only someone can come up with one that combines the two. I don't wear nursing tops too so my tees will ride up when I nurse. This is why I mainly wear tube tops/dresses now. Just tug the front down.
 
pumpkin seed

i've been doing tbf since birth og my girl. initially it really hurts as bb is still learning how to latch and u are learning how yo latch her.

after the 1st 2 weeks, your nipples will toughen up. bb's mouth should be covering the areola, the dark skin around nipple. that's where the milk will be sucked out by bb. She is probably not latching properly. Nipple should be all the way into her mouth under her soft palate. you should just feel a tugginh sensation on your nipple and not pain.

The soreness you experienced should only last at most 2-3 weeks.

Try holding your breasts with thumb and index around your nipple area to help her in latching. She should take the whole nipple and most of the areola in. If this still doesn't woek, you might wanna try consulting a lactating specialist from any hospitals or the breast feeding forum. They offer advice foc.
happy.gif


Hope this helps. A bit "lor soh" la.. heh
 
btw, saw the peachmomo URL

ahhh ... no offense to peachmomo but I think her calendula cream is not cheap. BP here was selling round about $17.50 per tub + separately chargable delivery. GMarket is even cheaper, $17.90 inclusive of delivery.

Minnie24, Sung,
you are welcome. Let me know if you need help with the VS cards.

AnnMelody,
babe, PM so I have your email addy. Can't send the cards to you without it. Tried posting it on this thread so that anyone can just download but then the file size is too large. :p
 
pumpkinseed,

So you have latched her on for coming to 5 weeks? I think that for most cases the nipples should have toughened by now actually. It could be a case of your baby not latching properly. Her lower lip should flare downwards and should cover most of the bottom part of the areola. Her upper lip should be flared upwards. Often my baby's lips are not opened wide enough so what I do is I use my finger to gently pull her lower lip down; and spread her upper lip higher.

I was on TBF for the whole of the first 4 weeks, then went on TBF again after the 7plus weeks until now. It did hurt during the first 2 to 3 weeks esp when I was nursing about 12 times a day. But nipples have toughened since. That said, round about 7plus weeks she started having the habit of suddenly jerking away with my nipple still in her mouth and that was when she pulled off a little piece of skin. Man that hurt.

The medela cream was my life saviour.
 
<font color="119911">Pumpkin Seed</font>
did u let bb latch onto the aerola instead of nipple? if not, nipple will be sore and even bleed.
 
nametags - i will try to do it but no gurantees.. =P worse come to worse il jus bring the cards with safety pin and you all jus write urself.. WAHAHAHA! or il jus write la.. =P ermmm im nt sure if i shld do for the babies becos i do not have all the babies names... =P

pumpkin - very good idea on starting thread for selling items!!! hehehehe!

fenugreek - my fenu has been reserved by starflower =P

afcai - where do u live? mummies are going frm all over the island... can always share cab with someone.. hee hee =P

catering - i actually placed order in the noon and its already confirmed but no worries for those mummies who are not joining us for eating... Its not very expensive so i think per pax is less than $15. no problem =)

cindy/jtho/daphne - paiseh ah. a bit too last min for the meet up today. when cindy smsed me i jus woke up.. then need to bathe n feed baby.. by the time i was done was ard 2 le.. ahahahaha... way past ur lunch time! =P
 
Thanks for the advice! Was a bit upset today because I felt like I was doing it all wrong and had a chat with her Papa about giving up.

MS has gone up ever since I started taking Fenugreek pills. I think her problem as the pulling. I will also try opening her mouth wider. When she is drifting off to sleep she tends to suck the nipple only and not the whole areola. I thought she was doing it right initially because my breasts felt soft after she latches on. Going to try the Medela that missycandy is giving me.
Will try and focus on how cute she looks while feeding too. Motherhood reallys stretches you to the extremeties of patience and perseverence!
 
Starflower,
cannot leh, needed between 45min to 60mins before. I have Medela PIS, dual pump, but then I needed to massage my breasts due to the slow slow trickle so I ended up just using one side at a time. The first 15min is really quick, but then it would slow down drastically after that. Breasts still felt hard after the first 15min so I know I still had to continue pumping. Imagine! I used to pump 4 times a day and that meant 4hrs! That's why I went back to TBF

Queenie,
Actually the closest resemblance to a connecta is beco with the same carrying styles. Pikkolo is actually quite different. Wow I'm not surprised that the lady has 11 different carriers. It's damn addictive. BTW, you are amazing. Still juggling sch (still taking exams somemore!) at the same time the role of a new mom. Good job, mommy!

Asura,
take lotsa pics! You are the first mommy here to bring bb on a long haul flight. Brave mommy.

Mummybean,
oh dear. What happened to you? Are you ok now? Must really take care of yourself esp now that we are mommies. Aiii mommies are not allowed to fall sick one
sad.gif


Teddybaby,
re pain using Medela PIS. Shouldn't be painful leh. I suspect that you've got the wrong size breastshields.

Tuskywoollie,
my bb is still poo-ing everyday wor. But certainly in much lesser frequency than before. Sometimes just one major major poo a day. Kanna once when I was out with some mommies at Vivo city. Then because I have not changed her diaper for about 6 hours ( I know .. bad mommy!), when her big big poo came it went all over. Very trying moment.
 
misscandy,
would it better to just use address labels? those that can just stick on to our clothes. Safety pins a bit inconvenient since we sometimes have to carry babies close to chest or shoulders? Faster too
happy.gif


You input that into the buffet cost yah? so we could all share the costs.
 
Here I am still cuddling baby and using my phone to surf while waiting for her to fall into deeper sleep before putting her back into her cot. Quite sure she will wake up once i do that. I am so tired of this nightly routine!
 
alfafa - ok! tmr il go get the labels frm popular. =P but i think the sticker wld also peel off eventually somehow... haaaaa anyway il scout ard popular tmr.. jus nw cldnt becos moment i entered, kirsten started wailing away -_-" went out to change her diapers... then stepped back in and she started making noise again... zzzzzzz
 
hey mummies, i bought the swimmers frm Cold Storage today. they are having promo! $14.95/pack of 12 of S! arghhh shldnt have gotten from my frn! bleahhh.... anywayz, il absorb some, so per pc is $1.20 instead of the $1.30 i said earlier. =)
 
May,
you are welcome. No lah, just that after doing some research (actually that is the understatement of the year), I realised that there are even more comfortable carriers out there, so I gave up my baby bjorn air. However I must concede that BB bjorn air's mesh material is really very suitable for local weather.

Misscandy,
wow you baby so cute! She can turn very well? Hahaha love the pics.

Kome,
*sayang* such is the reality of a salaried working in Singapore. There is virtually zero employee protection here. Workplace discrimination happens ALL the time, even in civil service.

Irene,
no problem Glad you found what you need.

too much to read already so pls excuse me if I have missed out on your responses.

Tuskywoollie,

you and hubby makes an excellent match too? Yah lor my hubby and I are really exactly opposites. Which is enduring and useful usually but utterly frustrating at other times. You know what I mean lah. Your hubby is choleric sanguine? WOW that is an extreme extroverted personality. Hahhaa their type quite extreme one right? I rem reading in the book, that as a boss they will probably greatly increase the productivity of the team they lead but when they leave .. they will leave behind a trail of destruction i..e the staff all become dead dogs liao.

Re: SAHM vs FTWM

can't rem who was involved in this discussion. Always a dilemma for us mommies lah. For myself, I have always been the ambitious type. Not because that I covet bigger and better roles per sem but because I am the type who's constantly seeking to self improve. So I cannot stay in the same role once I feel that it has nothing to offer me. So by defalt I am always looking for higher and higher positions, or, if I am interested enough, a drastic lateral move. So for me to become an accidental SAHMTB was a huge moral DE-booster. I have since come to terms with it and am mentally prepared lah, just that the sudden contact from the headhunter suddenly rekindled my excitement for such work again. jiat lard. Now cannot stop thinking about it.

Aiii what will be will be lah. God will provide.
 
Missycandy,
Just my suggestion..
I have organised gathering for my elder gal's thread before. We bought sticker labels from popular, get bigger one which enough to write two rows. Will get some markers as well. When reach there, every mummy will auto take 2 stickers.

Baby - Baby's name with Mummy's nick
Mummy - Nick with real name

So next time, when we see mummy's nick in forum, we can rem baby's name as well.

But of cos, just suggestion as there might be additional cost. hehe.. hope it helps. =)
 
Gathering @ Sassybaby's Serangoon Gardens
Date: Friday 15th May
Timing : 1230pm - 430pm
Food: Lunch will be catered. Around $15/pax.



confirmed attendees -

1. missycandy(candace) &amp; Kirsten
2. Kris &amp; baby - not eating
3. Seabreeze(Jasmine) &amp; baby
4. keron&amp;jeris(kris) &amp; Kayla - not eating
5. Kome(Yvonne) &amp; Anver
6. Pei &amp; Mikaela
7. Daphne &amp; Ugin
8. prosper(fiona) &amp; Kayle
9. alfafa(hazel) &amp; Grace
10. starflower(lorraine) &amp; Keenan
11. Laurel &amp; pumpkinseed
12. sportyger(yvonne) &amp; marissa ann
13. Queenie(emily) &amp; Tristan
14. Idaarshad(Ida) &amp; Akmal Rizqin
15. Jo/mickeymummy(Jolene) &amp; Eddric
16. tuskywollie ( Yr name pls? )
17. devil(lin lin) &amp; Charlotte
18. fatfish(evon) &amp; baby
19. mango &amp; baby
20. Jaszho(jasmine) &amp; Javen
21. pups &amp; Kaeris ( Yr name pls? )
22. limusfamily &amp; Rachel ( Yr name pls? )
23. corene &amp; Elijah
24. Ladysol &amp; baby ( Yr name pls? )
25. Annmelody(ann) &amp; baby - not eating
26. vernice80 &amp; baby ( Yr name pls? )
27. lipstar &amp; ethan ( Yr name pls? )


TBC attendees -

1. Cindy &amp; Trishelle
2. Wintertime(summer) &amp; Wilber
3. pinkdemoness(daphne) &amp; Elixir
4. p3pp3r(Joyce) &amp; Ziv
5. sinmey &amp; baby
6. sun96(Regina) &amp; Bryan

--------------------------------------------------

Huggies Swim Diapers (S) 22pieces

- missycandy 2
- starflower 2
- alfafa 1
- seabreeze 2
- prosper 1
- sportyger 2
- daphne 1
- ida 2
- jaszho 2
- koala 2

5 more pieces. Who else wants? 1 piece is going at $1.20. =) Currently cold storage is selling $14.95/pack!
 
pups,
wow you best ah. Using your phone to surf?? hahaha but quite true lah. I would have died of boredom if I didn't have my laptop always infront of me when I latch her on, which is like all the time during the day. At night though she wakes up for feeds and falls straight back to bed so no issue with that.

You damn poor thing. Hope your #1 didn't give you more problems today.
 
misscandy,
yup we write down on our own. Most efficient in this way. Just need to have a marker. If Sassybaby has then we don't even need to bring one. If not no worries, let me know and I'll bring mine.
 
re: baby massage

Oh I just saw the discussion on bb massage. I'll be more than happy to share my bb massage routine. I was taught by my jamu massage lady. My bb loves it when we try it on her after her bath. Even my hubby became a convert after she smiled happily at him when he tried it the first time

ok got to go.

ciao bellas
 
I will bring my coloured markers.
Then we can colour code the baby's name, nickname and mummy's name.
Gosh, this is how OCD I am about colour. Went out today and realised A and I were super colour co-ordinated, right down to clothing, bag, carrier, her hat...

Which reminds me, I'll post up my Maxi Cosi and Peg Perego Prima Pappa for colour swop.
I need everything to fall into my colour scheme!
 
pumkpin - no offence but u remind me of my mum =x hahahaha! she is very ocd abt colour!!! im nt sure if u r exactly the same but she dresses in 1 colour(diff shades) like currently shes into orange.. so her tops n pants n bags n shoes/slippers, hair scrunchy, watch are all orange!!!! if not then all pink... last time it was red! -_-" even her hair has orangey tint to it... WAHAHAHA... aiya im so bad laughing at my own mum =X but i mean... its a bit overdone la.. =x
 
omg, give me some credit!
At least I match a few colours instead of sticking to just one colour.

What are we all doing up at this hour??
 
wow juz back at 11pm from friend wedding dinner. and tristan finally juz slp 2 mins ago. tough man. moreover hb not ard tonight.
poor tristan cried juz now despite i have EMB for him. my bro told me he refused his 2nd feed of EBM.
his 1st feed is using Avent #2 teat. and 2nd feed is using Avent #3 teat. do u all think that could be the reason he refused his milk?
my bro told me coz i latch him too much le.. hais.. sad..

vernice
haha good.. to have a break come in forum chat chat when u wan.. keke ya lor.. muz keep updated ..

afcai
haha. thank u ! ya lo.. but i nw lazy to upload his daily pics. haha.. lazy mom.

pumpkin seed
if pain means latching on wrongly.. i experience soreness in the 1st 2 wks. i apply nipple creams back then. now nipples seem toughed abit liao so nv use nipple cream anymore.
happy.gif

don be upset ya.. jia u jia u! wow. u are brillant to come up with the thread..
happy.gif


alfafa
haha ya the lady have so many .. but oni beco our babies can use.. now finally i figured out the differences between beco/pikkolo/connecta. but im thinking if beco will be warmer then the other two carriers coz it have the Y insert (not detachable)
haha i juz back to sch .. this wk is the 2nd week. tryin hard to put in effort.

missycandy
ya address label is better..
happy.gif
haha u nottie girl. luff at ur mom:p
 
queenie,
how nice if they can morphed the best things of all 3 into one single carrier hor? The ease of beco's back carry, the versatility of a pikkolo, the price of a connecta. Can call it Bekkolota or something. Sounds like a Red Indian bird. Lols

me addicted to spot the difference, hell's kitchen and the ultimate time waster game - restaurant city.

but i tink I will go zzz now lah.
 
alfafa
haha ya lor.. im still torn in between the 3 choices. hb told me this aftnn tt he prefer connecta and pikkolo bcoz don have the Y insert. argh.. i feel like buying beco (2nd hand) and pikkolo .. LOL im mad. ought to be shot. hahaha..FB Games.. RC i play until dozed off.. buay tahan., haha
 
good morning mummies, looks like i'm the first one to post this morning :p
I wonder what's wrong w Keenana, fed him 100ml at 1.30am, should last 3 hours but he woke up again and finished another 100ml at 3.45am.Anyway just latched him at 6.30am &amp; now pumping the excess...

What is that wetbag spree about? Is the wetbag something to store wet wipes or what? The prints are so pretty, but no idea what i would need it for...

Baby massage- i'm tempted to sign up Keenan for the baby massage classes at Mt E.Think i'll wait for the H1N1 flu indicator "Green" before i step into the hospital with him unnecessarily...
 
alfafa,
I replied your msg at about 2.30am yesterday but don't see the post here! I think it got eaten up in cyber space. I was saying that both my babies have sleep issue and this goes on like forever. My boy was still waking up at least once a night when he was 2 years old. He is currently sleeping on my bed now so we don't have this issue (previously in his own room), but my next problem is how to boot him back to his own room. Duh.

Anyway, #1 didn't behave too ideally again. Tried to push back his bed time by making me read books after books to him. I actually dozed off while reading! It is horrible dozing off when reading aloud. Your eyes either skip words, skip lines or worse still, you hear yourself reading out words you don't see on the page. Don't know what happened, he is clearly very tired but refused to sleep. This happened to him during the first week of baby's arrival... why is he reverting to it again? Insecure again? But we have been giving him all the attention he needs! *major sigh*

Queenie,
2 nights ago, my baby also rejected the bottle and only wanted to suckle direct. I think that resulted from me only latching her for 48 hours without introduction of bottles.

Starflower,
Good morning! Ok, I hardly feel as sunshine as I sound. Only 3.5 hours of sleep last night, cos once again, I knocked out so badly that hubby took over the baby at the next awakening.

Wetbag is a bag that you can keep anything, everything inside. It is called a wetbag cos the material is such that it can help contain wet stuff in it without leaking. So, you can put wet/soiled clothes, lotion, etc in it and then put this into your diaper bag. The wetbags can be used as a outing bag on its own also.
 
morning mummies!

thanks lenny
happy.gif


thanks kris, i'll try it once i get my nursing cover at home. glad to know it can b done
happy.gif


tuskywollie, i got dis fm BMSG, not sure if it's same as wat you referring to. if yes, can just order from them online. dis help me greatly, last time always nipple pain when using medala electric. with dis n my ameda pump, now ok.

2449693.jpg
 
gtg, hee going tk bb with photoshoot with hb today, free family portrait after tking my little one's photo in hospital, excited!
happy.gif


ciaos mummies, enjoy your day!
 
morning mummies!

baby's nanny suggested that i try latching on again today onwards to try to see if can boost MS... a bit worried as baby is already 9 weeks plus, hasn't been latching on for almost a mth already, so forgotten how to latch on liao...
wish me luck!
 
alfafa77:

thanks for asking
happy.gif
Actually feeling lots better... ya lor...after yesterday I realise the fact that mummies cannot fall sick or our little ones will suffer... can't wait for friday to come to fetch my boy back... miss him so much...

jtho:
Gambatei Nei for latching ur boy. I rem during BF...latching my boy was a night mare for me... so understand ur worries... u can do it...!
happy.gif
 
Mummy Bean
good to hear that u're feeling better now... we missed u yesterday at JP
happy.gif
hopefully we can arrange another meetup in JP next week before i fly off.
and thanks for your encouragement... i will try my best to latch my boy
happy.gif
 
jtho:

ya I miss joining u girls too.. was complaining to my hubby why so sway...ha...and din wanna spread the virus to the babies... sure...let's arrange for a hi tea date or lunch date next week...I am ok with any days except wed as I having a baby outing too with my gal frens... hope to see u then ! meanwhile, happy latch on !
happy.gif
 
jtho,
You can do it!!! You'll be surprised tat bbies are very clever too!!! I din latch my boy from birth till after 6 weeks...&amp; he's doing a good job now!!! =P
 


jean, Jiayou! U can do it! Jean I realised I don't have your number Haha. Wanted to sms u to thank u for the ride home but don't have your number! Hah! Muacks. Thanks babe!

Mummybean and missycandy, no probs la, always got other chances!
 

Back
Top