(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Alfafa
My mum and hubby also told me to do more exercise, so sad to see my flabby tummy. My mum even said i look ugly with that tummy, no matter what i wear lor. So sad...
sad.gif
 


lenny,
grace is now ahhh ... 11 weeks? born on 23 Feb.
happy.gif


Re: seafood - c-sect
I started taking again in the 2nd month. Seems ok leh. But then I do have keloids :p am diligently applying the cream that my gynae gave me now, hopefully the keloid will go off.

RE: Jurong point gathering
that is the one at Boonlay or Jurong East? If it is the latter I would love to join. :p

Ida,
you have 4 kids wor. I doubt I can maintain present weight if I have 4 kids. Good job mommy!

May,
welcome back! I rem you are the nice mommy who organised the studioloft maternity shot package for us.

May, Irene,
oh dear. Nothing worries us more than our little bubs falling sick. I hope your little ones will get well soon.

Mangogal,
that's a good reminder, to praise my hubby when he does something nice. Ok, I'll try to find something to praise him for today. :p Hopefully I can do that everyday
happy.gif
 
kome, Lenny,
I hate exercising also. But am thinking I need to start soon before the pouch becomes a permanent one. I find that binding the tummy real tight helps ALOT ALOT. Because on days that I bind my belly, my belly really shrink by heaps. On days when I got lazy and didn;t bind, within a day or two the ugly bulge comes back. MUST BIND BELLY!

hmmm I say only la. My binder don;t know put where now

Thanks. I got skinny genes, but I don;t have good skin. My face is flush with freckles. That's why I need to endure IPL sessions to get them under control :p Quite painful, these sessions.
sad.gif
 
teddy,
I made my own nursing cover based on one of the nursing covers sold via the BPs, the one taht is basically a rectagular piece of cloth with neck straps and a wired semi circle boning at the top that allows you to peek down at baby as you nurse. Had a lot of time when I was pregnant mah, being a SAHMTB then.
 
teddybaby,

the sides od my nipple dun rub against the funnel when i pump.. u wanna check ur funnel size?

alfalfa,
grace is more than 2 mths old now.. so ok with carrier. i was wondering if her neck is ready for it..
happy.gif


about photography,
hubby asking me to go take pictures.. the 3 of us.. will see about that

Jurong Point gathering:
its the one at Boon Lay. The one at Jurong east central is closed already, unless u are talking about IMM. that one need to take feeder bus from Jurong east MRT Station wor..
 
sportyger,
just read the 2nd part of your post. Woooww so exciting! You must be having mixed feelings now, the joy of going back into the market place and yet anxiety over leaving your baby at home.
sad.gif
we mommies worry incessantly. Become a SAHM we worry that we lose touvh with the market and become auntie-fied. No money, no autonomy. But have the time in the world to spend investing in our baby. Become a FTWM and we have the money, status, self satisfaction career wise but ... feel guilty about not personally taking care of what matters the most. Aiiiiiiiii never ending.
 
alfafa,
It is not easy at all being a working mum. Though I am thankful that my workplace is pro-family, I do have to forgo quite a number of opportunities as a result of young children. I cannot just pack and go on a work trip without working out the logistics of who is going to look after my children at night, can my hubby cope with bringing the kid back-forth, etc. When the child reaches about 14 months old and start to know how to look for you, it is not easy to tear yourself away from the bawling kid. And people who comment "wah, good hor, 4 months maternity leave" do not know how much I have lost out these couple of months. My absence have given my colleagues the opportunity to cover my work and happen during this period, there are very significant things which I was supposed to handle. Work which will increase my visibility by leaps and bounds. Without these exposure, my performance appraisal next year will be affected as well. Oh wells, the sacrifice for our little ones
happy.gif


Hee.. Coach tote bag will be something that Starflower was carrying that day.

With time, I may hear you telling me "I don't need a diaper bag anymore. I just stuff this in the carrier pocket, this in my pocket, this hang on the carrier and see, hands-free!" Haha.

Your sis's son is so cute
happy.gif
Mine is really testing my patience. Just in a short 2 hour mother's day lunch with my family yesterday, he had 3 major melt-downs which I have to pacify. Very very trying.

Vivien,
Yes. I saw gynae at 1 week post-partum, then 6 weeks later for pap smear. The next one is 6 months later.

teddybaby,
I am using PISA. Is the pain due to abrasion? Apply some nipple cream prior to pumping. It should help.
 
Lenny,
for carriers, we've only tried her facing inwards, for about 20mins, in the bb bjorn air before. That was when she was about 6-7 weeks I think. She seems ok but I do subconsciously put my hand around the front of the bjorn air to support her head. As for the pikkolo, even though her neck is still not strong yet, the high body gives her head a good support so there was no need to hold on to anything.

Re: photography
hmm ... that is a good idea. If not because I just took he maternity shots I would have gone for one family shot with bb and hubby too. Maybe I will wait a little longer. Or maybe do it with my #2 next time.

Yah IMM needs to take feeder bus. I lazy lah, would just cab over if it is IMM. Boon lay too far for me liao. You ladies enjoy yah!
 
Mangogal,
I agree man wants praises to feel good... but hor, they forget they need to praise us too! I was telling my hubby not to take what I am doing now for granted. I am on maternity leave and hence I do all the night wakings for the baby (my baby is basically an owl), but doesn't mean it is only right I do. Please appreciate the fact that I am also a human who needs sleep at night but am willing to sacrifice for the baby. He said ORH. But never hear any sweet nothings from him thereafter leh. :p

alfafa, kome,
According to my weighing scales, I am back to my pre-preg weight already. As for jelly-tummy, I ALWAYS have that tummy... no matter pre-baby or pre-marriage! And yesterday in watsons' a promoter saw me from far, waylaid me and was trying to push "body cream that can slim down the tummy" to me. I was using the Balboa which should have covered my tummy leh! She still like that. Boo.
 
pups ...
that's it. I'll go search for a smaller but still baby friendly bag now. The more I think about how you travelled so light the more I cannot stand my big diaper bag now.

Re: ML's effect on appraisal
aii such is the real world. If it can happen to you being in the civil sector can you imagine the pte sector? Told you right? my colleague who got pregnant 4 months ahead of me was seated down by our CEO and MD, and "offered" a job downgrade the moment they knew. Took away her team, her portfolio and leave her with a title with more admin work. That's why I left in a puff, when I knew I was going to try for a family.

me going upstairs to search for my bags .. all kept in closet already.
 
Pups
Me too. Told hubby that now i on ML so will try my best to do all the night feeding but when i back to work he should also help in night feeding also. Last friday i am angry with hubby lor, next day not working don't even helped to do night feeding. I told him that he is human i am also human. I need my sleep also especially i had continuously doing night feeding for 5 days without taking any afternoon nap.

Before pre-marriage i do not have any tummy coz underweight already. After giving birth to #1, i had slight tummy already and now more jialat. My hubby and mum said i look like 4 months pregnant
 
Missycandy,
Paiseh, I've to give this Fri a miss liao cos my mum need me to attend to something
sad.gif
Pls count me out ya. Hmmm... the swim diapers how ah, should I get from you another day then? Where do you stay? Pls gime your account, I'll transfer money over.

Seabreeze,
Haiz.... sorry sorry, looks like need your help to send me the purple float. Let me know how much + postage I'll transfer to your account ok - can PM me. Or you wanna arrange to meet another day when you in town? Where do you stay, me stay in Bishan.
 
Alfafa, thks oki will go metro and chk out the sundresses
happy.gif

Ya me too cant zip up pants, all fats on tummy same as you.
Sun dress wear on the go and nursing friendly!
happy.gif


Viven, ya u shld go back to do postnatal chkup and pap smear, did you go back to Dr Paul or Dr Chua?

Sportygal, ya I also need to go for my hep b vaccine too
 
Lenny:: got your pm! mummybean and may, hehe can pm me your nos too? Lenny, i replied your pm with my no. Maybe we can organise one gathering in June.. but jean is only back on 21June and mummybean is gg back to work on 22 june. HAHa how how?

alfafa:: seems like they wanna go jurong pt which is boon lay le. but i think they won't mind gg IMM at jurong east.. we shall see how.
happy.gif


missycandy:: hehe, u count me out for food first, hubby still sitting on the fence, don't know to let me go or not. SIAN LA.
 
Pups, haa my hubby do praise me as well, but gesture also counts like he cook branch yest for mothers day to appreciate me
happy.gif


Seabreeze, thks for the float, will pay u this fri
happy.gif


Koala, aiya so sad u cant join us...there will be other chance and other mini gathering
happy.gif


Alfafa, ya give a shot to the job opening, it seems a very good opportunity! However, u got to plan of caretaker and the prepare the transition to go back to workforce as a new mummy role.
Even right now, I am preparing my gal and change some habits and add new schedule before I go back to work in early July.
 
alfafa,
Haha. I am sure you can find something in your closet. Else, there is such thing as mini diaper bags ;) Was tempted to get one last time but didn't. Even though my handbag serves me well, I do need something bigger if I want to bring a book with me to read as I sip coffee outside with baby! Woah! I better enjoy such lifestyle whilst I can. I am reporting back to work end-June. Bummer. But ok, I still have my job. I shan't complain :p

Kome,
Hubby did help me out before but then again, I think I rather do on my own. Haha. When he helps me, baby cries longer than usual cos he needs to heat up milk (no breast to offer), constantly stuff pacifier into baby's mouth.... and the most important factor that deters me from wanting his help is, after just one night of looking after, he needs 3 days to recuperate. Oh wells... I think I will just do on my own. But when I am really tired and go back to my room to sleep in the morning around 5 - 6am (I room in with baby at night for faster reaction), when baby cry after that he will take over. Cos I am a dead log by then, cannot hear the cries and he had sufficient sleep to get him through the day already.

mangogal,
Your hubby is indeed a keeper! Haha. Sweet
happy.gif
 
cindy - ya okie. =P

kome - cnt confirm. she said will try to get it to me by thurs night so i can bring to the gathering. anyway she olredi placed her order yesterday with the supplier... =) oh ya yes i have received ur payment. hee =P

koala - oh my.. no worries... eh... if u nt going u still wan the swim diapers ah? see when i swing by bishan il meet up with u to pass to u? or u wan me to mail to u ah? or maybe i can pass to Jaszho ? if im nt wrong she also stays bishan... might be near u? hehehe
 
pups, lenny,
I just recently bot and used the 30mm size breast shield as I suspect that the standard size of 24mm that comes with the medela PIS is too small and causing pain. But now it seems even with the large size still pain leh...don tell me I need XL size of 36mm?? Can I just check that basically u gals don feel any pain at all when pumping and side nipple don rub against funnel??

Kome: Thanks for the link!
 
idlecat - ur pm not activated lehh.. i want the thermometer - can pm me as well

alfafa.. i never minded coz i have been natuarly on the big side all the time sice school days something that never changes - once i went on diet and took slimming pills after my divorce in 2003 - my frens asked me to stop coz when i was too slim.. my face became too slim and haggard - aiyyooo

for me... i travel light also to nearby places and when u know for a short time.. if not... will bring more things lah.. i will bring my pump around too as havent master to latch on o/side...

koala...i have told yan.. so when she had the things -then i let u know to send me ur address... u wanna send me the milkbags ar>
 
teddy - that time i also same case. cn see the nipple being squeezed badly. pain! got the L but also experienced some pain but after awhile it went away. u have to look at ur nipple when pumping... by right, nipple shld not rub the sides of the funnel leh... if not sure cause pain n abrasions in time to come...
 
teddybear: I'm also using the 30mm size and the sides do rub against the funnel.

I had used 24mm, 27mm and 30mm. All also rub against.

I find that as I progress to a bigger funnel, my nipples also expand and eventually will still rub against the funnel.

Initially, felt dicomfort, now maybe nipples seasoned liao, ke ke, so now ok. No way am I going to get XL size.
 
Hi all, I decided to come out from lurking. hehe.
2441195.gif


I had posted here briefly when I was pregnant. I was in the list of pregnant March mothers. Then disappeared. Now reappeared.

Thanks to the mothers who encourage me to post and not be shy.

Mine is child #1, a cowboy.
2441196.gif
Nice to meet you all.
2441197.gif
 
postnatal check up: Had one a month after giving birth. Had pap smear done. Next visit is supposed to be a year later, for pap smear.

tummy:
alfafa tks for the reminder. NO wonder I was wondering how much my tummy seems to grow bigger. Cos I had forgotten to use my tummy binder
2441240.gif
. Wearing it now.
 
*clap clap clap*
welcome! wow you so fast know how to post cute icons. I still don't know how

can't talk now, reading only
happy.gif
bb duties
 
Anyone knows any baby massage to get rid of wind?

Also, what fruits are good/bad for moms who are breastfeeding? I heard that eating apples are good. I love pineapple but don't know whether it is good to eat too much. Any advise/info is much appreciated!!
 
hey mummies,

been missing for a long long time liaoz...really admired u all..can surf net and take care of bb at the same time..I am usually so sianz after caring for bb that i just log in to check mails only.

<font color="ff0000">missycandy</font> - oh i can attend this fri gathering at sassybb's place. Count me in. btw what time ah?

Will most prob take a cab down. who else going down from SengKang?

I need some help on sling. hopefully some kind mummies can share experience
 
alfafa: Thanks for the welcome. Oh.. cos previously I was very active in singaporebrides forum.

TO post cute icons, first got to have them saved in your pc. THen, click "upload attachment" below this box, browse to the folder where you had saved the icons (eg. My Pictures), then click "upload" then ok liao.
 
Fruits: I'm not too sure. I eat the usual fruits that I like - apples, plums, pears, oranges. Not sure about exotic fruits...

vernice: I can post only because I pass baby to the maid in the afternoon. Bad mummy, me...
 
anyone's baby fussy before his feed? my bb suddenly this whole wk always cry and refuse the teat..before he can latch and drinks from bottle very well..and suddenly since last saturday was very cranky..now he sometimes want to latch..sometimes also refuse and cry..but if bottle feed will surely cry..I'm so stressed as it happens on every feed and now it takes 1/2-1hour before he finish his milk..
is it because of nipple confusion or due to wind?
I even called mrs.wong but she said nipple confusion won't last that long, usually only a few days...but if it's due to wind...when is this phase finally going to an end?
 
alfafa/pups - i think i'm still not confident of nursing on the go even though logistics wise realli can cut down and hence more convenient oso, cos thinking may look strange since i definitely will display those looks of discomfort when trying to latch bb on! and passers-by will think what i'm up to man... hahaha...besides i tink next time when bb has teeth i won't dare latch liao...i realli hope can go for the gathering too but i tink hb will make noise la, since he doesn't want to bring bb out at this point of time...cos swine flu ma....but if in future got gatherings hope to meet up with u gals lo, then can learn from u all =)

Re: Maternity leave
Seems like some mummies are ending their ML soon...it seems like a flash to me...jus remember those days when all of us were still discussing abt who will pop first, now its time to discuss who is gg back to work first...how fast...

Re: Foods to avoid during breastfeeding
I'm thinking of eating sting ray...is it ok? miss it so much when i was pregnant...now that my confinement and pregnancy has ended, i wonder whetrher its safe to take since i'm bf-ing...
 
miss83- my bb is fussy before his feed oso...i tink thats jus him...i have to keep coercing him...he drinks, stops and makes noises, drinks and than stops and makes noises again...the cycle goes round...there was once i thought it seemed to be nipple confusion too, but like what mrs wong said it doesn't last that long...now he can drink from bottle and latch on too...no problem...jus that he will fuss before each feed but ultimately he will drink too...i guess its wind ba...

Ida- do u bring a manual or electric pump outside? I'm still thinking whether to buy a manual or mini electric one...since i really don't feel like bringing my Ameda electric pump out...heavy heavy...
 
teddybear,
When the shield diameter is right, there will still be a bit of contact with the sides after awhile. The nurses at TMC parentcraft taught me to apply a little nipple cream prior to pumping. Anyway, I am using the supershields (angled shields) now and so far so good.

Lipstar,
Finally see you here again
happy.gif
 
thanks for the bday wishes

as for the gathering sorry leh really cannot attend. maybe when bb is bigger, my Dad scold me once when i bought bb out to CP (he said bb still small lor)
 
re: fruits
i eat everything except durians.

<font color="ff0000">lipstar</font> - hihi my maid don handle bb...my mum helps out but still sianz

<font color="ff0000">idaarshad</font> - wa ur confinement so long!!!!
 
teddy &amp; lipstar,

thanks for asking about the funnel. I'm also using the original shield that comes w the PIS advanced &amp; nipples are rubbing against the funnel. Always wondering if i should change the size, after reading what lipstar wrote, think i wont bother coz it doesn't hurt (&amp; i apply heaps of purelan) and no want i want a XL size funnel...

Maternity leave
Major reorg happening in my dept. Gg back to work in June...kinda apprehensive..arrangements w mum already settled..wonder if i'll miss baby since i'm gonna be seeing him over weekends and once during the week only...hmm....maybe i'm short of some motherly instinct here...
 
<font color="ff0000">starflower</font> - so fast back to work ah?? i only going back on 1 aug. time flies ah...


<font color="ff0000">pinksorbet</font> - i guess a bit of stingray is fine ba but not too much since got chilli. my mum say can eat tuna wor
 
jtho:
actually jurong medical can't take flu vaccine as they dun accept walk in. Usually referrals from polyclinic. think u got to try GP clinics... did u try call Pioneer Mall clinics ? they have 2 GPs there which are quite good...

Lenny:
Send u my no already...hopefully we can arrange one outing soon...

Cindy:
send u my no. ha..ya lor... we check with jtho and see how..maybe can meet next week before she leave ?
happy.gif


Alfafa:
ya...I think being a SAHM and FTWM is both equally confusing... I also wanted to opt to be a SAHM but afraid after sometime when baby able to go childcare I can't return to the working society and no spending power... but being a FTWM means I need to sacrifice my time with my BB but like u say I can gain status and financial power... so I am still in a dilema whether to quit my current job a not after my ML... haiz...
 
starflower:

same here... I will only see my bb in weekends too...and once in weekdays..as already made arrangement with my in laws... I already started to miss my BB at the thought of it..but like what some mummies say we will have more couple time and personal time with this arrangement.... Hopefully I wun miss my boy too much then and affect my work...
 
pups: Tks!

teddybear: Just now I went to pump milk and observed. Basically, it's only the bottom 1/3 of the nipples that rub against the funnel, shouldn't be the whole side of the nipples rub against. Cos I remember from the medela box, the sides are not supposed to rub.
 
vernice - i started eating tuna even when i was preggie...hehe

Re: SAHM vs FTWM
Ahhh....i was thinking whether i could be a SAHM but i don't think i can...cos basically i find it hard to deal with bb's cries at home...the thing good about it is i get to see my bb everyday cos i know once if i go back to work i will miss my bb so much...and besides being a FTWM i get to have my own income to spend...my hb's income cannot support the family alone...
 



Back
Top