(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


<u><font color="0000ff">Want To Sell</font></u>
Sorry to interrupt... as I'm unable to start a thread in WTS corner...
I'm trying to clear some of the things (mostly bought on impulse) but now not going to use.
Plse PM me if you are interested.

<u>New Items</u>

a) Medela PureLan 100, 39.3ml, EXP: 08-2011,
(Sales $16:41 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $14 for 1 tube, $25 for 2 tubes</font>)

b) Medela Contact Nipple Shields
(UP $17.20 for 2 pieces, <font color="0000ff">Offer $7 for 1 piece only</font>)

c) Pigeon Milk Bag, for 160ml, 20 pieces/box
(UP $17.20 , Sales $13.50 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $25 for 2 boxes</font>)

d) Pigeon Digital Thermometer, soft tip, with Fever Alarm, 1/100 display
(Sales $9.90 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $8</font>)

e) Pigeon Baby Waterproof Sheet for diaper change, with 100% cotton surface
(UP $25.90 , Sales $18.90 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $15</font>)

f) Pigeon Baby Nose Cleaner (with suction tube)
(UP $6.90 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $5</font>)

g) NUK Orthidontic Vented Teat Anti-Colic (LATEX) for 0-6 months Medium feed hole (2 pieces)
(UP $5.10 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $4</font>)

<u>Not Used Items</u>

h) Kiddopotamus Dreamsie Microfleece Sleeper (Washed once but never use before)
(UP: $32.90 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $25</font>)

i) NUK Premium (for wide-neck bottle) Latex Teats (2 pieces) for 0-6 months (box open but never use before)
(UP $8.70 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $6</font>)

<u>Pre-Loved</u>

j) Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe Adjustable Infant Wrap (Used once only)
(UP: $29.50 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $15</font>)

k) Medela Maternity Suppor Belt, colour: white, Size: S (for Hip size 31-34 inch)
(UP $35.90 , <font color="0000ff">Offer $10</font>)

Prefer mummies stay in Punggol/SengKang/Hougang areas. Thank You
happy.gif
 
Wah more mummies are joining this fri, that's great!
happy.gif

I agree with Pup's suggestion of isolation frm the gathering becos for hygiene and responsibility purpose
happy.gif


Kat, milk ss
I am taking oats and nursing tea everyday and it seems to increase my milk supply and maintaining well, do try it
happy.gif


Opp Attract:
Of cos men and women are TOTALLY diff la,hehe..
Yes though Men at times really push us to our nerves BUT they also need to be appreciate and praise!
I notice that our thread have more complain abt the husbands instead of prasing them? Well they are human being so if they did something sweet and nice, praise them more
happy.gif
THat is what I do, communicate and give words of affirmation to my hubby, that's my love language and he feels good too!

Alfafa, you are a pretty mummy la, always in ur lovely sundresses! BTW where did you buy dresses, I like it! Esp now need to nurse so wearing dresses are more convi, need to buy more now as I am always a pants person before giving birth, think nw wearing dresses are easier and less hassle of mix and match clothes :p

Sunshine, hey glad to see you here, hopefully you and bb Sean can join us on fri,oki??
 
Mummy Bean
u work in Jurong Medical Centre?
i go to Emerald Clinic, Prof PC Wong... Emerald clinic is just above Ruby Clinic
 
pups and jtho,

my boy when he was younger regurgitate quite often.....understand from PD that it's due to the shallow airways of boys.
 
Mummies in the west, if you are meeting up, do let me know. I'm staying at CCK and kinda confident of bringing baby out already. Though still a bit flustered if he cries but nvm la, all babies cry mah.
 
Jasmin:

agree ! ha..although will receive many wierd stares when my boy starts wailing... envy u...everytime I feel like going shopping in town I got to think twice... so in the end only manage to shop in Jurong Point only..until abit xian... :p
 
Mangogal
You taking cab to sassybaby's house this friday?

Starflower &amp; Missycandy
Sorry, i quite like the beco from sassybaby one. I had tried out on Anver and he is ok to be in it, so decided to take it.

Sassybaby
Thanks for letting out your beco. Really don't feel the stress on my shoulder already as compare to my combi carrier. Will pass you the money on firday, so paisey about it.

Alfafa
That lady never get back to me regarding the BN romper. I never go chase for it also. Nevermind about it, maybe i am fated to get the beco from sassybaby instead of the balboa sling lor. :p
 
Mummy Bean
hey, since u worked in JMC, i just wondered can i go there for flu vaccine as i'll be travelling next friday. do i need to call up first? my usual GP is in Tiong Bahru, a bit lazy to go there unless no choice.
 
Mummies, where to buy beco carrier? I have 2 slings &amp; BabyBjorn as a gift but the sling is giving me shoulder ache while the Bjorn seems uncomfortable for my boy. After all the "poison" from the discussion here, thinking to get Beco carrier
 
Hi
I tried on the Pupsik pouch for the 1st time yesterday. I think I bought a size too big cos my shoulder and arm ache big time after a day out slinging my baby in it. But as I have washed it before use, don't think can exchange already. I ended up stitching the pouch myself to shorten the length. Hope it works better next time. But good thing is, my baby seems ok in it.

Lochia
My lochia stopped 3 weeks ago but it suddenly came back today and the colour is dark red. Anyone experience that? is it normal?

BTW, what is letdown reflex??
 
Srumpee
My lochia also head wire like that. It stop for 2 to 3 weeks already than suddenly came back for 2 days than stop. After 1 week or so came back again. Now no more so should be ok as i told my gynae before and he said its ok lor.
 
just called up my GP, flu vaccine out of stock
sad.gif

anyone knows which clinic still got stock? got to get it done by this week.
 
Jasmin
if u want Beco and if u going for the gathering this friday, think u can get it on the spot... Pumpkin Seed has arranged for the supplier to do a demo at Sassy's place...
 
Ann,
Boys have shallow airways? Oh, didn't know that.
happy.gif


Scrumpee,
For pouch slings that are a tad too long, you can actually twist the part on your shoulder a fold or two to shorten it a little
happy.gif


Letdown reflex is when breastmilk is suddenly released from the nipple.
 
I just called to order some Nepia diapers. Quite happy with their service as I am able to exchange my unused NB size diapers for other sizes.
happy.gif
Their M size and L size diapers also cost $15. Its quite worth it as the supermarkets are selling it more.

Alfafa, okdoo will give you a sms on that day to bring my camera.
 
mommies,

guess what I did earlier. I was talking to a specialist recruiter for this industry that I have always wanted to get into. An ex colleague highly recommended me to the recruiter so he texted me on sat night to ask for a resume. Didn;t want to shoot in the blind so thought I'll give him a call first. My friend ah ... left out the significant detail that I am a new mother leh. I could tell from his long pause that he was taken aback by that news. Cute lah my friend. Guess she wanted him to give me a chance before brushing me away. How easy they discriminate once they know that you are a new mommy with a very young baby. Thank god the conversation went well shortly after and he sounded much more positive in the end, but the thorn in the flesh is always ... "I'm not sure if given that you are a new mother, you will be able to ...."

Aiiiiiiii

this is a long shot lah but I can't help but feel some stirrings of excitement in me. As much as I am mentally prepared to be a SAHM, and have embraced that thought, I just couldn't resist this opportunity, no matter how remote it might be. Because this opens the door to an industry that I used to serve. Have always wanted to be a part of it rather than be outside serving them.

Anyway, will see how lah. No harm keeping my options open.

But hor ... wah lao ... this little episode has surely got my adrenalin running again. I am surprised by it myself. Guess I am still hankering after the marketplace after all. :p
 
Jaz Ho - I kind of suspect u are that jaz Ho as u say u stay in CCK... I move out from CCK liao lor... hehe... still in contact with Boogie? ;p Me still playing car these days... Hahaha... ;p
 
alfalfa,

which idustry are u going to or previously from?
i really miss the days going to work in my biz suits, court shoes and carrying my laptop around with conference calls etc..

haiz.. i am still trying to tune to be a SAHM..
 
alfafa, it would be great to give it a shot on the job. You never know what the outcome will be.

I will be going back to work again after a long break of a year. My new job starts on the 8th june and I have like another month with my baby before starting on the new job. Actually quite looking forward to it although I know I will probably miss my baby very much, but dont think I am suitable to be a SAHM hee.
 
Pups,

opps not called a tote ah? hahah paiseh. I thought tote bags are small. So it's called a soho. Anyway, whatever it is named it just looks damn small to me lah. Don't know how you managed to pack all these baby stuff in.

Alamak why you hubby never teach your boy? Man! Must we write fdown instructions for everythign we want them to do? Hmm clearly they need us to! LOLs

My sis's #1 so cute. He's in primary 2 now and apparently he was really psyched yup since Sat. He even told my sis that he would sleep earlier (he usually sleeps past midnight) n sat so that he could wake up early on sunday morning to give my sis a surprise. So cute these children, they tell you first that there will be a surprise. Haa and you know whgat, he really did. He slept early willingly and woke up at 6am to make a confetti surprise for my sis. ... I could tell my sis almost teared when she recounted this fabulous story to us. I almost teared too. Ahhhhhhhh motherhood
 
sassybaby
Yeah, I'm that jasz ho who's still in contact with Boogie. Hehe.. S'pore is small ya. Get to meet up this Fri le, so exciting...
 
Lenny,
I was in corporate sales before, servicing the metals and mining industry as well as finance industry. Won;t go into specifics here lah. I don't miss business suits leh. Wah so stifling. Good thing I was in an agency so we are more liberal with dressing. In fact I recall the people there are all very fashionable one. hehehe Only when we need to meet clients then we'll put on a suit. That is very rare because most of our clients are from overseas.

sportyger,
yah lor. A long shot but I don't care lah. Makes me happy to think about it. I didn't bother to look at the papers because I want to be a sahm actually. That's why declined my ex boss' offer also. BUt then I really really really want to get my foot in into this one in particular wor. Die man. NOw I can't stop thinking about it. Hopefully something will come out of it lor. :p

Lenny,
tell me about it. Well the best part is I thought I am totally "tuned" already. But clearly ... not lor. Temptations temptations. Like what I posted yesterday, even my dressing changed. I would never be in a floral dress before one, just not my style, I like more structured pieces with good details. Now ah? what details? the lesser the better so my bb would hurt her skin when I carry her. Tink Pumpkin also mentioned before, all her silk clothings have been sent to her friend's place for possibly long term storage.
 
lenny,
mine is pikkolo, not beco. POsted a fair bit about beco yesterday because there was one lady selling her latest model beco in a very pretty print, carnival, at a huge discount of $130 only. Extremely good deal for a beco which I consider to be very good as well. Just that I want more bang more for the buck by getting pikkolo as it has two more carrying styles than a beco - hip carry and forward facing.

I myself just bought a brand new pikkolo last weekend at $225 (incl. cushioned support belt, 6mths warranty and a free huggalugs worth $24). I love my pikkolo!
 
Vivien
I did go to see my gynae for follow up, but after checking my womb and everything is ok i will not be going back anymore. Coz his consultation sooo........expensive lor. Each time i go have to fork out at least $150 lor.
 
vivien,
I saw my gynae twice post delivery. The first one was while I was still at the hospital. The 2nd one was at his clinic one week post discharge, where he took off the stitches. He did mention I should come in for xyz before but I didn't. heeee
 
Hi Idlecat, i'm interested in your 2 tubes old medela purelan 39ml.(this is the big tube 37g one right?)
May i collect fm u on friday at Sassy's?
 
kat,
I also sometimes have that type of sharp pain in breast and am doing TBF too. Think like what pups said, its the breast filling up?

Any mummies using medela PISA and feel the base of the nipple painful when pumping? I have already "upgraded" to 2 size bigger breast shield and at minimum suction, but still feel painful. Is it norm?

Alfafa,
Where do u buy sun dresses from? Me still get fit into pre-pregnancy clothes as they are mostly very fitting. But sianz of wearing pregnancy clothes leh. Do u wear tube bra with them?
 
Vivien, I went back to my gynae twice after delivery. One was 1 week after birth and the 2nd time was 6weeks. Had to do my pap smear and also took my hep A and B vaccinations.
 
annmelody,
you usually use a stroller? if so then better not get one. i don't like to use strollers that'shy i am willing to spend on carriers. hmmm ... excuses excuses :p

bring your mim sling along this fri lah, we help you to get comfortable using it again. so many exp mommies here, esp pups, cos she can help you with toddler carrying styles which most of us have not tried yet.

kat,
thanks
happy.gif

i heard that fenugreek is good too, but no harm making a quick call to the PD just to check lah. yah i get a stinging sensations every now and then in my breasts too. think like what starflower said those are the let down indications. normal.
 
mango, teddy,
same here, preferred pants in the past also but i can't zip up my pants yet :p

or even for those that i can, i will end up with fat rolls spilling out of my tight tight waist bands. skinny people w fat rolls v ugly one

i got 6x sundresses, n even the pinkish orangy dress in my last pic from the recent metro expo sale at $10 a piece. waaaa so happy. i actually was not a floral dress person before but now, anything goes as long as it looks nice, is cheap and can nurse easily in them. like baby doll dresses with elasticised bands around the chest. yah i buy normal tube bras but in bigger sizes. bought a lot at the sale at $5.90 to $10 a piece. tube bras are by default nursing bras lah, just pull down can nurse liao
 
clio,
i'm blessed w skinny genes. heeee but i do have a postnatal bb pouch, just that it was hidden by the carrier. even my mom noted my belly after i took off the carrier. the last 1.5kg of weight all concentrated at my belly. sian. mom n hubby asked me to do more abs exercise ... lagi more sian!

babe, the trick is to wear more sundresses. pretty, feminine, versatile and can hide the buldge v well
happy.gif
 


cindy,
i'm free lah ... just lazy. am a great procrastinator rem? ok i log in later, i promise.

waaaa i sound like the ad, the one w the gambling addict daddy telling his little one.

nursing on the go? ,aybe try again with sweet trishelle? the key is to wear nursig friendly tops n a good nursing cover. most people cannot even tell i am nursing until they come close and see the tiny legs sticking out from under the cover. v discreet one.
 

Back
Top