(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


Clio, Haha, humanities is definitely not one of my best subjects Haha. I teach bio. Haha.

Hazel, u checked see if u got my money yet?

Ai.. think I tonight no need koon already. Trishelle slept almost whole day! Wah see. Must be very shiok cause ppl take turns carry her... Haha.

Wow. The list for gathering grows longer. Bah.. I want to go! Missy, worse come to worse bo Sian liao. Body language? Haha! Joking.
 
mummies
anyone of yr bb hving green stool??
initially my boi is hving yellowish stool during confinement, aft tat his stool is greenish... wondering is it norm...
 
prosper
ya lor... bz w bb... now more or less can consider more settle down liao aft CL went back... phew...
wat abt u?? i oso miss u all!!!
 
sun....
ugin has been fine and loud at times..hehee he's like all babies.can be quite a handful..but overall he's a darling..
happy.gif

how have you been?? been a long while..
we have had some gatherings after our preg..this is the 2nd big gathering ..this time at sassy's..
join us if you can..
happy.gif


lenny and cindy..
no worries...i jut wan to look see look see .anyway we are the west end girls...anytime can meet...;)
 
sun...

geen like mustradly? well according PD...it's okie...nothing to worry about.. the only colour to be worry about is..
black. red and white...

ugin is now on mustard thick stool too...and now it's 2 days once kinda too...
 
cindy,
wah bio! hint hint--your new plce in Bt Timah, govt sch or indp school ;) there's only 2 JCs in BT right?
happy.gif


sunshinebaby,
are u breastfeeding? I had the same problem with my bb too--green poo. initially i thought she had a fright (you know old wives tales tt if babies were scared ttheir stools will be green?)
did a search online and it says it is due to baby having too much foremilk and insufficient hindmilk.
the la leche league for breastfeeding mums website described :

green poop can be a sign of too much foremilk and no hind milk.
Mother may experience:

Strong or even painful sensation when milk ejects
Frequent spraying of milk from one or both breasts
Excessive leaking
More than one let-down per nursing session
Repeated mastitis (breast infections)
Baby may exhibit:

Fussiness and/or gassiness
Frequent stools, often green, curdy and mucusy
Gulping, gasping and choking while nursing
Excessive weight gain
Apparent lack of "comfort" nursing
Discomfort when breastfeeding, sometimes so intense that baby goes on strike
Possible early weaning (often close to the first birthday, sometimes sooner)

apparently it was due to the fact that i change breasts for bb to feed on before she had a chance to get the hindmilk.

i didn know breastfeeding also must ensure foremilk hindmilk etc so cheem. after i let my bb drinnk as much as she wants before she unlatch, she revert bk to golden yellow poop.
 
kayle stool sometimes green too. every 5 days poo once. wah sian, not everyday makes me kinda worried.

sun, my mum says green stool means bb is being scared.
 
prosper:: haha trishelle also near there la. 3 to 4 days then poo once. heh! but not green le usually dark yellow. AND VERY VERY SMELLY WAH LAO.

clio:: hah no la, me not so loaded stay bukit timah, new place in tanjong pagar loh. i figured tanjong pagar to bukit timah still nearer than tanjong pagar to bedok so decided to ask for transfer la. Haha, yes Only HCJC and NJC haha you can guess. bedok also only one JC, so u can also guess where i came from. haha!

daphne:: sorry babe, yea anytime before june 29 i can meet up with you!
 
prosper...

dun have to worry..i was also worried when ugin slowed down on his poo session..

from daily to 2 days once... then i asked my PD...she said that baby has digested the milk so nothing to poo...and the body is asborbing the milk....therefore the period of bowel movement can range from 4-7 days...it's not to cause any alarm.
 
kome was fast in grabing the carrier. see u at the gathering with ur new toy... hehe
so excited to collect my pikkolo from alfafa tmr..
 
so must take a pict with all carriers..hehehe
regardless a piikolo, beco . mim sling, balboa. pupsik.....hhehee arms also a carrier...hahha

prosper
sometimes i wonder maybe it has been too long for the olf folks since they last have ababy they LOOK after...coz they tend to have forgotten about babies....like my dad more funny and ridiculous....he said that babies born deaf..so dun hav to worry about loud noises...( yah everyone knows it's not true)...i reminded him that why when my niece was born like 13yrs ago...how come we were told not to make any noise and be silence??????? gggeeeezzzzz
 
hi ladies,

looking forward to sassy's gathering...may bring abel along...keep fingers crossed...

green poo...really green or greenish yellow? like paste or watery? One way is to give e breasts = emphasis to reduce such texture...

how to quicken pooing...try to move bb's legs in a cycling motion in e air...massage his tum tum w oil oso helps...when e farting increases...u noe he is up to big biz...i see his poo...very happy cos like us, itz a good feeling to let it all out...heh heh
happy.gif


sassybb, e connecta is very cute on ur bb gal...
happy.gif
exp...? Can b used up to how old?

btw...where is e meeting place in S gdn? Do update, thks.

Yes...we hav many Mama days to celeb frm now onwards...kudos for all e sacrifices u hav impressed on ur bbs...May God bless all of us w gd health n wisdom to bring up our totz...
 
daphne,
sorry didn't check my hp just now. :p
Yah lor, I was tempted for a sec too. Almost wanted to buy it for myself cos I really like the carnival print. But then like what you mentioned, no point getting anothr dark coloured one ... so I managed to resist the temptation.

the sales page is here
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/2438650.html?1241953941


re: name tags
yes yes ... just white address label with black markers are good enough ... eh? babies too?! Hahaha

Kome,
good deal! Guess it's a blessing in a disguise that the balboa deal fell through. And you get a BN old navy romper out of it too.

prosper,
yah yah so exciting. I brought her out the 2nd time in the pikkolo, again she fell asleep in it. Btw I realised I didn't even need to put her in forward facing, cos when she is awake and hold her head straight up she can actually see the surrounding very well (see pic). Besides I tried putting her forward facing (actually supposed to wait till their heads are strong, her is not quite there yet) only to realise that the carrier body is too tall i.e. 3/4 of her head incl her eyes are covered by the carrier, which upset her instead. Hmmmm I know there are different ways to troubleshoot ... to shorten the body for smaller babies but I forgot where I saw that from. The cinching device works great too, esp for small infants.

This pic is clearer I think, to see the buckles and all. Taken at Vivo just now

2439270.jpg
 
tusky,
amen to that.
btw, thought sassy's pic is that of beco pony express?

OOoooh interesting info on the poo quickening part. I shall try that!

Re: green poo
my girl is always giving either greenish poo or yellow mustard ones. Another reason why poo might be green is when babies ae put through photolight theraphy for jaundice.

Agnes,
I do everything under the nursing cover, so I don;t have to dash to the nursing room/ladies room. It's really easy esp because I tend to wear tube tops/dresses. Simply loosen the shoulder strap on one side to the extent that bb's mouth is level with the nipple, then I toss my nursing cover over my head before giving my breast to her while under the coverage of the nursing cover. Very discreet.
 
Kome,
For distribution of weight, a carrier that spreads the weight to both shoulders will be more ideal. /though Balboa is well padded, the strain will still feel like you have been varrying a sling bag across your body for sometime.

Queenie,
Hope you are feeling better.

starflower,
Yes, do what you can to take care of your wrist. The last time, both my wrists were so badly affected and when my son was 6 months old, I had work trip to go for. During the trip, I use a bag that was sling diagonally across my body and when I wanted to remove the bag, there was so much pain in my wrist that my colleague had to come to my rescue and lifted the bag up foor me!

pinksorbet,
Do try to gain confidence in latching on the go. For my #1, I brought ebm when we were out cos he suckle far too slowly. For #2 now, I just latch her outside and going out is hardly any logistic nightmare. Can travel really light too! You ask Daphne and alfafa, they were trying to peak into my handbag to see what I missed bringing out! :p

Ida,
I still drink coffee. :p There is a limit to how much we can consume. Just don't exceed the limit (which is very generous actually)
 
prosper,
speaking of which, what time are you coming? can let me know in advance? message me an hour before can?

Cindy,
waaaaahhh yah man you really huan dao zui zui zui like what clio said. OMG. Hope this new set up will give you more time to rest too. Still haven't log on to my internet account to check hahahahha

Daphne,
Ugin was such a dear that day at vivo. It was the stupid lady who slammed the cubicle door that caused him distress lah. Not his fault. Sayang Sayang Ugin
 
pups,
OMG I so am imagine myself as a teach volunteer next time. And also the obsession over baby food. I have a friend who self declared herself a qualified nutritionist after having researched extensively on semi solids and solids for her 6 mth old. I think I would be the same given my tendancy to obsess over things. Hahaha

Hope last nght was not too siong for you? How is your #1 today? I'm sure he gave you a big kiss for Mother's day.

So cute. Twice I looked at my baby and asked if she could wish me a "Happy Mother's day" and twice she replied with giantic smiles.

Awwwwwwwwwww actually brought tears to my eyes *sniff sniff*
 
<font color="119911">ida, jo,
i will make a reservation for 8 mummies n 8 bbies (stroller space) 1st, if anymore joinin, will get more seats.</font>
 
pinksorbet,

yah yah I vouch for pups. She came with a baby in a sling and a coach tote bag! I couldn't believe my eyes. I was too polite to ask if she brought diapers, changing pad and all .. only to realise later that she brought all that and a spare change of clothes too! She champion ah
 
irene,
I'm using allerhand shoulder bag, not the smaller messenger bag. The one with horizontal stripes. Super big and roomy, with plenty of pockets. Some come with insulation which are great for bottles. Really think it is a good buy esp since I bought it at $70, virtually new 2nd hand. Full set too, not the bp ones with lotsa stuff missing. Saw it selling at $140 BN at the mother shops.

Excellent esp if I was bottlefeeding and need to bring thermos, cup to warm bottle, cooler bag etc etc. It is a bit too big for my use now though, since I do direct latch. I should learn to downsize everything to a small tote bag like pups. Have not mastered the art of downsizing yet. :p
 
Irene,
oh before I forget I think I saw someone selling her allerhand at the WTS section. Not sure which model is that.

Jo,
hahaha don;t be shy lah. Motherhood is truly a universal ice breaker. Because doesn;t what what race, religon or culture, we all face the same challenges!

Starflower,
When I was bottle feeding I followed the kellymom web site advice, can save for the next feed. I would put the rest of the milk back to the chiller quickly and use within 2 hrs. No problem so far.

Ida,

Re coffee. Thought I read that it is ok to drink coffee, just not too much. I would think that 1 cup a day is fine.

Sportyger,
do me a favour. Can text me on fri morning to remind me to bring your camera along?! Thanks!

Mangogal,
heee yah my new toy. So fun! Haven't got around to trying the other positions yet cos she is stll small. But so far I'm loving it!

Agnes,
Read that by attaching the cushioned belt, one can potentially go up to 10 11kgs for forward facing. Probably depends on the wearer's frame. Think for me sure cannot one.
 
alfafa..
you can only master like pups...lets say after ou have junior no 2....hahahaha...
meanwhile lets stick to the you-want-what-have -what policy...hahahahhaa
 
starflower,
my hubby warm and friendly meh? It usually takes him a while to warm up to people, completely opposite from me. I am very much a sanguine &amp; an extrovert, though a less bubbly one.

Sassy,
the way your little girl gazed into your eyes is just so heart warming hor? She must be quite big now. Don;t they just grow too fast?

Pinksorbet,
don;t salute us. On fri we help you try on the slings ok? A simply sling/pouch allows you to nurse on the go too. Hands free as well and allows you to go to the loo. In fact, it's much easier to go to the loo with bb in a sling than a carrier since the former does not ave baby's legs in the way

Yah lor. same here. Always looking for bb things. That's why I still make extra effort to try to doll up some what. Dont want to always smell of soured milk and day old perspiration by the time my hubby comes home. :p
 
Daphne,
but but ... the bag very big leh!
I also want to travel light. But then ... yah big bag easier to just dump and go. hahahah easier to fish for things in a hurry also.
 
oh yes,
corene, ladysol,
welcome! Look forward to seeing you guys and your bubs this fri.

And not forgetting, Misscandy darling, thanks for putting in so much time and effort to organise this giantic gathering. muak muak!
 
alfafa - Oh ya... She is 17 mths today... She is very loving little girl now. She know how to express herself now. But very jealous over the brother.

Well baby grace gonna be a heartbreaker in no time. Just a snap, they grown. Really quick. Now i am looking for Kinder to send her in 2011. N my god all on waitlist. Really hell of a lot of KIASU mummies out there... I think I am going to enroll my boy now for 2013. Hahahahaha... ;p
 
alfafa..

dun have to worry...with your new toy on your body..the big bag is no big deal le..hehhehe..sling it in..and you have wah-lah...everything you need for gracie even can provide for the neighbour's baby.i always afraid to have short of stuffs....when out with ugin..so i make sure i bring enough...hehe KS syndrome..haha
 
I meant that for sassybaby lah

17 months today (ooh happy birthday to your little darling btw)
going to kindergarden in 2011 ... and already the kinders are akll full?? huh enrol our newborns now for 2013? Noooooooo

daphne,
me too. KS mommy that;s why I got such a big diaper bag wit zillions of pockets heee
 
Alfafa - What daphne say is true. Hahahaha... Join the 2nd time mummies club and u will relise ur bag will be as empty. I bought a messenger diaper bag when my ger is born. But now I dun even use it for my boi anymore.
 
btw,

just curious. Are all your husbands complete opposites of you? Mine is wor. I am a Sanguine Phelgmetic while he is a Melancholic Choleric. I notice that my couple friends are like this too. Complete opposites. Makes sense actually, cos his weaknesses are my strengths and vice versa. That said, there are times when I totally do not appreciate the differences lor. Sometimes really want to pull his hair out.
 
Hahahaha... Thanks btw... I hope i can enroll my ger in Chatworth Kinder, if so then sibling will have a priority... And if so, she got it I will not need to enroll my boi for 2013. But for now, I will call in to chop for 2013 1st. Hahahaha....
 
sassybaby,
hahaha yah probably
my sis said the same today as well. She said after the first baby she learnt to play it cool for her 2nd and even more so for the 3rd. :p
 
wow I never think that far leh.
I just assumed that I can put her in one of the nearby church nursery schools. :p
Maybe those will be more available since they are in the neighbourhhood
 
Well well... for a start i also tout so, nearby church nursery school will do. But then again, my HB is born is sri lanka but brought up in UK. So he definately hate the ley, lah, lor, meh, huh...
And Chatsworth is a so call British system school... thats is y... and in 5 years down the road we will all be moving back to UK for good.
 
Yes, we are totally opposites too. He's the slow &amp; steady one &amp; I'm the kanchiong one!!!

Alfafa,
Where do you live? My #1 is currently attending Far Eastern Kindergarten @ Gilstead Road (Near Newton)..my church's kindergarten... =) Can consider when Grace is 3years old...heee~~

Gathering on Friday
Sigh...so many mummies going....really wished I can go.......

Pups
Did I happen to see you at the lift this morning?? heee~~
 
sassybaby,
oh no wonder. Yah I won;t want her to speak singlish too if I were an expat.

Grace,

just saw your FB message. heee half the time I don't know who I am confirming but I know they are all SMH mommies! if only we can discreetly put our nicks next to our FB names. Lols

My hubby is the kah chiong, quick tempered and anal type, a real fussy pot; I'm the classic procrastinator, bo chap and take my time type. hehhee opp from you two.

Eh? how come you are not joining us?
 
Alfafa,
No worries....I think most of us are like tat....until we meet up with each other... =P

As for the gathering, wun be able to make it..but now may try to drop by bcos need to collect my Beco from Pumpkinseed... =P
 
oh great. Hope to see you in the flesh. Then like that might as well stay and join us

me also zzz soon. Think I play one round of spot the difference on FB first. nitezzzzzzzz
 
alfafa,
that is not even a tote bag! It was just a normal handbag. A medium soho. Haha.

Eih, my boy has no idea what is mother's day and his daddy din teach him to say anything too! Humpf!

Hubby's character and mine quite different. An ex-unimate ever commented we are there to complement each other. Ha!

Daphne,
if i am going anywhere with you around, i am confident i can downsize further. Hee

Grace,
yes. That's me
happy.gif
 


Pups,
Wow...u look good...!! =P
So went out early for Mothers' Day lunch?

Baby's bag
Good thing my #1 is toilet trained so less 1 set of diaper for her. For #2, I bring 4 diapers, wipes, an extra change...hmm...why is my bag still so big....heee~~ Need to repack it....
 

Back
Top