(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs


ok confirmed ... al the bp prices are cheaper than mims n mothersenvogue. i just did a random check on a couple of items.
happy.gif
 
alfafa- saw yr earlier post about the flash cards...could i trouble u to send me as well? thanks..

mummies, do u have any baby lotion to recommend for baby massage?
 
alfafa, hope they serve me well... need to go buy some clothes before i get back to office, i can't fit in most of my tops le...
sad.gif

Jeans also... Pants also... need to spend money again
 
pinksorbet sure thing. Can ping me so that I have your email addy?

for baby massage, there's no need ot buy expensive baby massage lotions that cost $20+. Just get the Johnson and Johnson baby bedtime oil at $5+. Purple coloured bottles. It is also meant as a massage oil.

irene,
maybe buy some solid coloured (at least not too flowery lah) tube dresses + classic cut cardigans to wear over? Good enough for office, good for even your next pregnancy (initial stage lah) and good for you to nurse now somemore.
 
Baby Monitor,
Hey anyone has recommendations for baby monitor or looking to sell theirs (good condition)? I'm looking for one
happy.gif
 
alamak ... I sian to re-type my wts, wte, wtg posts already lah. Let me try to recall bit by bit

WTG
BN Huggies Dry XXL44 - for Ida
BN Dryers sample NB2 -
Opened Sealer NB48 (5kgs, used 5 pcs) - for Pumpkinseed

WTS

BN Avene thermal spray - $15
(for bb and adult. think many mommies say good for baby's rash so I bought a set at recent metro sale $29.90 for two. According to the sales lady usual is $26+ for one. I only need one bottle)

BN jumbo box of Avent Ultra Comfort breast pads 100 pcs (not 50pcs box) - $25
highly rated. sold in Singapore online shop (see here http://www.motherswork.com.sg/index.php?manufacturers_id=12) for $20 per 50pcs!

Opened jumbo box of the above. 60+ pcs left. - $15 - giving one pair to Pumpkin to try.

1x $50 kiddy palace voucher, expiry one year from now. Either exchange with someother voucher (don;t know what either you propose lah) or sell at 10% off

can't rem what else liao
 
Ann,
the one I'm using one of the best sellers on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handheld-Monitor-Screen/dp/B0007OD8SU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1242275131&sr=1-5

Really good. For bb monitors, things to look out for are

(1) reception/static
(2) how far is the coverage
(3) how many channels (in case one particular channel is always jammed, you can change channel)
(4) whether there is night vision
(5) colour or not? (mine is colour for day and B/W for night vision)
(6) does it come with battery AND plug in or either one only? (take note, batterys only is not practical. But DC only is also bad cos then your parent set is not mobile)

Some of the above factors may or may not be important lah. Personal preference.
 
Toking abt the padded tube bra..i am wearing it now. very very comfy.. i bought it from Tom and stephanie at $15.90 2 days ago. wanted to get 2 pcs but black out of stock so only get white. I love it so i am going to get red too.
I saw Irene posting the website is the similar.
 
oh it's ossible to teeth early? my girl has been drooling like mad since 7-8 weeks. It is so bad that she wan wet the front of her romper. My friend said it sounds like teething but then when she heard how young my bb was she said it couldn;t be.

so maybe it is after all?
 
kris,
no problem Doesn't work every single time but still the best position by far for me lah. Will be happy to show you

... oh yah I suddenly recall someone asking me if I burp baby when I nurse outside. Forgot to reply. sorry. Yes I do burp her but probably not as often i.e. I don;t burp midway, only after her feed. I will adjust my clothes back up while under the cover, then once I am done I will remove my cover before lifting bb up to burp.
 
Irene, i shall get the tube bra from this website, cheaper.Tat day bought 1pc to try out. So now can really invest 1 more..

Re:weight lost
I lost all my pregy weight but still can't fit some of the bottoms. But this weight still not my ideal. Going to lose another 3 more KG..

Idlecat, i will transfer to u tonite ok.. Thanks alot. Btw sorry huh always spelled ur nick wrongly.my eyes getting smaller.
happy.gif
 
afcai,

hahaha so funny how can baby be born with one tooth? Me visualising now ... damn comical.

Re: baby talking smiling
BB is yakking away sooooooooooooo much now it's hilarious. Hubby thinks she will be a very talkative girl when she grows up, like mommy. hahahah She smiles alot too. I think I'm blessed with a happy baby. heeeee so shameless hor this mommy

Oh yah btw,Her poo still has some suspicious looking pinkish material but we are unlikely to bring her back to stool test liao. Cos PD already confirmed that she didn't kenna any infection. Besides after I cut down on dairy products her poo slowly returned back to normal, just a bit of pink spots at times. Lab test is about $80 each time. :p
 
Kayle also drooling and loves to lick her fingers. Whatever things near her month, she will lick it.
also when i burp her by placing her on the shoulder,her mouth will rest on my shoulder and her tongue will stick out to lick my shirt.
 
Good link on the bras alfafa. I'm going to order from her! By the way, will call you later about sharing cab.

2 more things for sale:

2455927.jpg
2455928.jpg

Bonds socks, Bonds Pink romper, Country Road cardigan top. Al brand new with tags. Size 0-3 months (Aussie sizing so should be able to fit up to 4months here)
 
prosper,
in fact yu might want to buy more. The thing about these tube bras is, they are comfortable largely because there is no strong support (no underwires or fixed cups), but this also means that they will wear out faster than usual. Once the easticity goes, the tube bras will not be able to hold up the boobs very well liao.
 
pumpkin,
yah no problem. She used to have more varieties, including the tube bras from MIMS, but sold out I guess. I love the sleepbras (the one with deep V wrap style) and tube bras.

the country road cardigan is for baby meh? thought looks more like for adult?
 
alfafa,
wow, the baby monitor looks really sophisticated! i never knew they came with image (suaku!), i was only looking for sound haha... thanks for pointing out what to look out for, really helpful
happy.gif
I tried scanning through the WTS but didn't see any listing so have put up something under WTB.
 
hazel, no next pregnancy for me le. Zac is my 3rd child le... enough... actually sometimes I'm thinking why i butt itchy go give birth again... cos my girls are big le.. one 7+, one 3 yo. go out dun need to bring anything.. haiz...
 
alfafa, ya man. U know when i first wear on it, i decided to go back to get more. really so so comfortable..and then some more i love to wear tube all the time cos most of my top r really really low. SO this tube acts like dual function: bra cum tube.
Going to order more more pieces

BTW wat is WTS,WTG,WTB??
 
oh yah ...

so it should be me first then pumpkin then prosper right? Btw, is it ok if I leave house only at about 12.30pm? :p market closes at 12.30 paiseh
let me know if cannot

Pumpkin I will bring the sealer diapers and one pair of avent ultra breast pads. anything else? Btw you don't need to try my medela cream already right? So I won't be bringing them.
 
Haha....Irene
Although i only have 1 elder son, but me too sometimes wondering why i go give birth again and start to suffer again. Haiz......all because of guys. Wahaha.....

Prosper
WTS = Want to sell
WTG = Want to give
WTB = Want to buy
 
alfafa, should be either pumpkinseed or u first. i will be second pickup.
Do u all think very troublesome, if so i will go down myself...
 
Prosper,
Want to sell (WTS)
WTexchange
WTgive lor

Irene,
actually 3 is nice mah. 3 is a crowd. I have two other siblings myself, likewise my hubby. So when the whole family gathers together the ambience is really nice. But yah lah, I also don't think I will have #3. Too exp plus no energy to have 3 in singapore. Hubby already 33 this year, and I'm turning 32. Our first kid only. :p
Aiii that's why I don't think I can wait for too long before I need to try for #2. Want to close shop before I hit 35. :p

Ann,
that's cos in Singers they usually only carry the sound only monitors. In fact no point locally cos there are soooo limited in options. You end up compromising on wht you want. NOt as if their prics are great too. I think having the visual part is VERY VERY IMPT. Because at night I feel more relieved to be able to check on her via the monitor, even though she might not be making noise. Or sometimes I leave her upstairs to play on her own (her cot toys), I can at least see what she's doing from time to time.
 
kome,
good choice lah. If not your elder son will be very bored, not to mention stressed out next time. Cos one is to two (parents).
happy.gif
 
Ann,
doubt it. You can consider joining the AMazon sprees they have in the spree section for cheaper shipping. You can PM the organisers.
 
Hey prosper and alfafa, if we 3 share, should be alfafa, prosper then me. Makes more sense geographically I think.

Yeah cardi is for babies! But she alr has 3 that she uses... and um, this one doesn't match LOL
 
hazel, though Zac has lactose intolerance, i still take diary product a bit.. like ice-cream... but I din take milk le. I was thinking having bit of diary product also can help him train his stomach to take diary products also???

which one is the sleep bras?

You can still have 3 la... next yr one more.. then 2 yrs later another one... 2 yrs gap each...
 
Alfafa,
hmm, come to think of it, actually i don't really need visuals lah. cos ashton is actually sleeping in an adjoining rm (i knocked down part of the wall to put in a door) so i can hear him when we are sleeping at nite. The monitor is to hear his cries before we go to bed cos we have to close the door if the aircon is on and he'll have to scream quite loud to be audible from the living room .. and by then he should be pretty upset! He sleeps in another room in the day so no issue.
 
Alfafa
Haha......must be firm not to have 3rd one already, now i so scare and no more strength lor. So tiring now and i don't wish to go thru again lar.
 
pumpkin, prosper,
ok sounds good. i'll email you guys in a bit. so we will have all the addresses. btw, errr so is it ok for me to leave at 12.30? will message prosper once i am in a cab. probably reach at 1.15 or so?

kome,
i die die don't want #3, cos i would be past 35 by then. bo lard liao

ann,
if so you can get away with locally sold ones. just that i kiasi mama. cos if she doesn't make any noise for too long i will get worried also. heeee so from the monitor i can tell that shes ok. there were times wen she opened her eyes big big and didn't make any noise, just loking around.
happy.gif
 
irene,
zac is pepper's, mine is bb grace. heee
i don't think we can train them to take diry products, cos their intestinal walls are simply no mature enough for now. but i also don't know when they will be able to.

next year cannot have more man, can die of exhaustion

makan tme liao
 
Alfafa
Although i am 30 yrs now, but hubby and me machiam like 40 yrs old already no strength. Wahhh....seeing both of us like wanna die already looking after this 2 make me more firm not to have any more.
 
Mummies going for tomorrow gathering
Anyone wanna try out NTUC or Mamy Poko diapers? I can bring some for your to try out. NTUC is M size and Mamy Poko is S size.
 
hi mummies
happy.gif


hee kris, you were very early, i only reach at 1plus ikea :p

st, no lah, hee photo at hosp was for my son when he was just born. d studio gave a voucher for free 5r family portrait which we used yest. photo quite nice but studio very old like 70's :p
 
How often u all give bb drink water? My pd says now can give liao. I dunno how much and how many times a day?Is 30ml of water alot?
 
oh ya i rem my pd says can give juice. dunno if i hear it wrongly. after consultation, my hb and me stratching head, dunno pd say give or dun give juice. Any advise?
 


Ida: <font color="ff0000">My WTS: Brand new Avent nipple cream UP: $22 Selling: $15</font>

Also, mummies, I need help with Balboa sling. Bought one, but struggling with putting baby in and out. After I manage to put him in (with help from hubby), I feel that his legs are very uncomfortable. When hubby takes him out, 100% cry loud loud
2456464.gif
... (baby, not hubby
2456465.gif


Pups is not going liao tomorrow. Any more mummies with Balboa slings going tomorrow?
 

Back
Top