(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Epidural
i search for quite alot of information on epidural and heard feedbacks of it, it wasnt good after ur birth becoz there might be side effect, so the best is not have it if mommy can tahan.. i think same with Pethidine jab... without drugs, the recovery is faster..

wishaboy: She is in Pei Chun Public School, taking higher Chinese. Oh ya, better train your dd1 with Han Yu pin Yin cos the 1st half of the yr is strictly on it. I send my girl to Eduplus to train her HYPY prior to P1 also.

Epidual: I'm hoping I can bear with the pain and not to take this. Can save money also.

Next Wed going for my detail scan. maybe will go for a hospital tour also, then can decide which bedded to choose. Anyone know the timing for the hospital tour in TMC?

Thanks Minnie.. the 11 timing clashed with my scan timing..
sad.gif

Irene : Pei Chun Public Sch , it's a good sch , u work as PV to get her in that sch ? Yes I send her to Chinese Enrichment course and there do teach her HYPY and her childcare also teach her so hope she's ok . My going Red Swastika Sch also taking higher chinese which I quite worried though I can teach her chinese but I only take normal chinese last time .

Epidural : Yes can tahan can save $$ ... all depends on your pain tolerance .. can only decide by then .. but if u already dilate half way think better tahan all the way as quite wasted as like my SIL took it very late and so did not even enjoy the pain free and she delivered liao so wasted lor ..

anyone going for the antenatal classes in Mount Alvernia??

missycandy, i went for the hospital tour on Saturday, still looking out for you. I m the one wearing pastel blue top with white leggings. I have not enrolled for the classes yet, have you?

Epidural,

I haven't thought about it yet.. haven't discussed about my labour with my gynae.. maybe later stage after my FA scan.

Wishaboy,
thanks for your advice.. i will go search for Vit C at home and take tonight.

Wishaboy: We went through balloting, was kinda lucky actually. Our thots is just try to ballot, if not will enroll her to the school just a few footsteps away from our house. Cos that school will not be fully filled.
I heard the Subjects will get more difficult when they reach P3 or P4. P1 to P2 should be still okie. That’s why I’m quite worried when she could not catch up in the 1st semester.
Nowadays, being parents are not easy. Haiz…

Lenny & Caca,
Do rest well and enjoy your trip.

Ok.....i have decided to try for natural birth without epidural if possible. I wanna save money. Hope i can tahan.

kome,
i met a friend during lunch just now. she's now expecting a 2nd child. she told me that during her 1st pregnancy, she can feel her baby kicking her since week 16. but now in week 25 of her 2nd pregnancy, she still cannot really feel her baby's movement. she went for her check up this morning and her gynae said her baby is very healthy and of a good weight. both are boys also.
so, i think, we shouldn't scare ourselves...

Irene : Woo u are luckly to get a place thru balloting as it's not easy to get into that sch . Ya , P3 will be more difficult as got another subject Science so it's impt they get the 3 subjects Chinese , English and maths well . Really stress being a parents now .. last time our parents where got so stress up ..

Jtho
Really.....Phew feel more 'An Xin' after seeing your post. This few days i actually gt the tiny feeling that my son just rub against the wall(Don't know how to descript). Hope that are not my imagnation

Re: epidural
May i ask for those mummies who gave birth b4 w/o epidural..hw long is yr whole delivery? I tink if few hours still bearable..i can't imagine the contractions lasts for > 10hours..tink i will faint ah. my menses cramp aldy so bad that i rolled on the floor with hot pack..bad till nauseous, shiver with cold sweat liao..can't imagine the real contractions come. hmmm...

St
By next week think I will be around 22-23 weeks ba.My 3D is arrange together with DS I also dunno why this is my gynae arrange wan so I just go lor.Is there any special reason you wan to go for 3D.Mine is included in package so I go if not I will not specially pay for it to go cos I think quite EX le

Sporty ger
I op for no epi cos can save $ and also ppl say some ppl take le will vomit after that.Last time during my gel I din take and I manage to survive so I hope 2nd wan also can now already keep telling my DD#2 to be good gel quickly come out dun let me so pain haha.Like joyce say some ppl op for Pethidine when I deliver my op I did op for that but when the drug took effect I can deliver my gal le so that time I not much strengh to push Thats y my gal took a little more time.

Wish a boy
Yaya quite ex but he is good la.I paid 2k for the package.Which hospital are u gg I will be gg to Mt A for hospital tour on 13nov.Ya he still charge for off office hour delivery so now I keep telling my DD2 better come out like when I wake up in the morning take breakfast than gt contraction like that during offive hour.HAha hope it works.It did work for my gal #1.

Kome dun worry everything will be fine .Thanks for wishes.

Sg
Different ppl is different wan when I deliver my gal I reach hospital I already 4cm dilited than like 2 hrs later I fully dilited already but I din noe will so fast already when first midwife come I already say I dun wan epi so gt to tong.U gt to keep telling your baby now must let you not pain for so long quickly come out contract a while can le haha dun let mummy so pain.

caca, cos feel like keeping the clips (with movements of baby) and some pics to give.

compare the prices for NUH and TMC..NUH one is much cheaper.

caca
hope mine will be tat good not to let me suffer too long.. i decided to be on drug free totally... no jabs no gas... have to pray really hard for tat, i am sure GOD will send angels to assist me on tat... =)

caca1983, yah lor diff. pple diff..my sis tolerate the pain till > 10hrs..and she told me heng she request for epidural..yah will nw tell bb to be good and dun let mummy suffer too long.
wah..so envy..u took like 2 hrs to fully dilate. u really young mummy leh..like give birth so easily..i tink recover also fast ba. =)

St
Ya like my gynae wan they actually will give u a cd if u wan to keep for the 3D scan but for that need to pay a $30 its not ex but not too cheap also just wondering issit ness to spend this $ still thinking.

Joyce
Ya I think now start to keep telling baby must be very important.My friend say she also tok to her baby wan than her labour also very short onli I think like 3 -4 hrs onli when she reach hospital already 6cm dilited . So I think toking to baby reali very important.

Sg
I think we need reali need to tok to baby also we need to walk abit more think that will also help in giving birth.God will be there for us hope everyone will have a great delivery

Re:epi
i hope to go on natural delivery without epi.. hope i can tahan tt.. my first bb and i hear scary tales.. i hope i can survive through...

Haizz, i am getting so stress up at work. hopefully next wk will better.. hope my stress level don't affect my poor darling inside me.

been MIA for weeks liao cos very tired, trying to spend more time with my gar etc....can't catch up the thread liao...recently, my bb is quite active, can felt that bb is dancing in my tummy. hope this thur will know the gender when
I went for my scan.

anyone know whether we can still go dentist when we are preggie?

<font color="#41A317">SG</font>
re:epidural.
for me, I did not take any epidural bec when i think of the cost (actually dunno how much does it cost but my frenz said very ex loh), i forgot the pain. :p:p:p my whole delivery is 6-7hrs (the moment doc burst my water bag then to the moment my gar is out).
stictching took another 15-20mins. then got to stay at delivery suit for 5hr bec very low bp.

my contraction very slow like 10 mins apart and the mid=wife, MO and the medicine student just kept staring at me and asking me how...I said nothing leh.

think to me contraction is like leg cramp (I got the very jialat leg cramp nowsday).

i also cnt feel baby movement yet.. into my 18th week... sometimes i will shake my belly and ask bb to move but stil dont feel anything *shrugs*

keron - hmmm u went for 12 session also? i was with my hubby... wearing white polo tshirt &amp; black shorts... hmmm i saw one lady with blue top but nt white leggings leh... didnt notice... paiseh... hee... but i noticed the lady in the delivery room whom wanted to faint? felt giddy and cried... she said stuffy... dun tink that is u.. becos she is wearing yellow top... =P

have decided to buy babyplus... =) hopefully cn get it by end of the week.

missycandy, i was at the 12pm session too.. remember got a lady feeling giddy and crying, hahahaa... confirm we are in the same tour la.. i tink i m the only blue colour top with long long hair, also standing beside the lady with a boy in the delivery suite.

guess Mt A is really good in terms of their services and confinement food. Maybe we get to meet up during the buffet gathering which the MTBs were saying during the earlier posts since most MTBs are feeling better already...

keron - hahahahaha.... ya poor thing that lady... and her tummy was smallest.. =x hmmm... lady with a boy... ooo u were standing near the toilet? i dint get to see the jacuzzi for water birth... forgot abt it... yeh.. nt sure if we cn choose the rooms we want.. im eyeing the single bedder which was previously double bedder room... more spacious than the older single bedders... hee hee.. which one u lookint at?

ladies..
I had my DS today..thank God everything is fine...it's confimed: i'm having a PRINCE
happy.gif

baby open leg very wide hehe..
baby shy-shy at first...but after a while he was very active..legs and hands moving around..and amazing thing...his lips!!! his lips like chewing something.. so cute..
happy.gif

so happy today...tmrw got to see gynae..

missycandy, i did not get to know any single bedder which was previously double bedder room leh... but i m more interested in the single bedded room, definitely not the deluxe room.. my hubby pitied those that are staying in the 4 bedded room, so squeezy and somemore if the rest of the 3 mummies brought their kampong along, i dont tink will get sufficient rest. Not sure if you saw a lady whose timmy was TOTALLY flat and jumping ard during the tour.

Tomorrow i will make the call to book the classes, hope we are in the same slot, most probably will be weekend classes, let you know again tomorrow....

keron - ya.. actually i wanted to opt for 4 bedder... but when i saw the layout... immediate turn off... hubby say single bedder better... hmm... the single bedder im talkin abt is the 1st one we saw... the one bigger than the other single room further down the hall... the one with lcd tv... the feature wall is brown colour... looks like double bedder room.. but has only one bed... with another bed for hubby to sleep... the lady said that time short of single bedders so they converted a few double bedders to single bedder wor... hmm... i guess i will call tomorrow to book slot as well ba... hee hee... we are also opting for the weekend classes... prolly the one later in the pm/evening...

hmmm flat and jumpng ard??? didnt really notice wor... hmmm... saw a few big tummies... at 1st when we were there, hubby said my tummy is the smallest... than when saw the rest, mine is nt too bad liao... whahahaa....

miss83:: CONGRATS!

missycandy:: for mt #1, i opted for single bedder but don't have vacancy and worse, the double one also no vacancy SO END Up got to stay in the 4 bedder one. A little very no privacy esp mine near the toilet and when others get visitors it's so noisy and crowded and when wanna BF, also scared ppl PEEK in. sighs. but this time i'll still go for mtA cause the nurses are really sweet and nice and FOOD IS YUMMY. hope can get the single bedder this time. heh~

sunsun:: may your little bb be nice and sweet! HUGS. morning!

jtho:: 16wks in a stretch not too good for us haha. cause originally if can break up the weeks, ie, no need take consecutive hor, i can don't waste the june hols. E.g., if i go in early march, then i will just take march, apr, may, june is hols so don't waste my hols and then take another month in july. But now, wasted loh!

Congrats Miss83. You can start looking for name and do some shopping already.

I have told the nurse that i will be deliver at Mt A &amp; getting 4 bedder one. She had make a note on my card.

sun,

When you going for ur DS?
Me also hope that bb is cooperative. Been talking to bb quite a lot. Esp now when i can feel bb's movement quite often.
happy.gif
Think it is true that when we are not moving, bb would wake up. Went for course on thurs and fri, bb was moving or kicking or punching quite often when i was sitting still.. haha.. my grandma say bb is naughty, so early kick mom already...

morning mommies
congrat miss83 for your little prince...

counting down for my DS which is the day after tomorrow... thursday will be a full half day for me and hubby, first touring TMC, then DS and then see gynae...

wishaboy, yup.. last time, go home, wanna study go study, if not play on your own, so long we dun disturb them and dun fail exams. now, results not good but passed, also worried... haiz...

SG, from the moment my gynae burst my waterbag, it take 2 hours for the baby to come out. this if for my #2.

Joyce, same like you, wanna be on drug free totally this time round. I hate that gas.. make me drowsy only.

Hi mummies,

i am really confused now.. i know oour Fetal Anatomy Ultrascan (FA)scan or also referred as detailed scan is to check baby's major organs and body development.

but where does the 3D or 4D scan comes in? i mean the purpose of it..??

Lenny
I think 3D/4D is to let you see more clearly on your baby's features. My gynae said don't require it.

Lenny
My hb did ask my gynae before that is it necessary to do the scan and he said no. Unless we want to see details of the bb's feature.
If i remembered correctly, my gynae charge about $150 or more for the 3D or 4D scan.

asura
mine will be done next wk... u can feel bb very active? i dun tink i can feel huge movement fr my bb yet lei... so envy u...

miss83
Congras On ur little prince &amp; DS result.

Cindy
So u will be gg to Mt A how many bedded I will be gg for my hospital tour on 13 nov maybe after that than make decision.Most pro will be getting 4 bedded.

Kome
So u alreday op for MT A 4 bedded haha see if we will deliver on the same day and get to meet in the room haha.

Joyce
All the best to your DS on thursday. Do update us on ur little bb.

Idlecat
Congras on ur little princess.

Lenny
3D is just more clearer pic of ur baby lor.If u wan I think some gynae they will provide u with a cd so u can go home and watch like my gynae he provide but must pay for additional $30. My DS will be at $130.

St
Its not cheap u must see izzit ness.If your gynae have maybe u can ask ur gynae cos I think its if u reali wan to see ur baby clearer haha.

Sun
If u are having ur #1 than I think so ppl feel movement much later.When I have my #1 I think I onli feel DD at 20 week But for this time round baby already active at 16 weeks now 20 week already super active esp in the nite, so every night I will tell bb now I tell u good nite is slping time when come out le must remember when mummy say good nite means go to slp haha hope she can understand.

caca,
gynae say it's not necessary unless if i want to keep more pics and to see my baby movements in my tummy...

actually me more keen to see bb's movements
happy.gif

Caca
So you also opt for 4 bedder at Mt A? Haha....actually am hoping that they can upgrade for me to 2 bedder instead. Hope we can meet each other too and talked.

Hey girls,

I'm resting at home today, trying to cover from the common cold and whopping cough which is so bad that there is a strain on my upper stomach and mid-back. GP gave medicine which seems to be taking effect. I tried to recover the 'natural' way for a week but the cough got really bad that I decided to see doc yesterday evening.

Lenny, you might want to see a GP too apart from taking the Vit C?

St
If u wan to see bb movement y not u ask ur gynae gt give CD if u go for the 3D scan lor than u can keep. But for me if my gynae wan is not included the package I think I will not go for it cos abit EX lor can save for the baby buy things.

RE: 3D Scan

I asked my gynae about this after my detailed scan and she said - You wan ah? Expensive you know?

I said - Well we were thinking that since this is our first child, it would be w good addition to his photo album.

Then she jokingly said - First child got 3D, the next one should have 3D photo too! It's only fair.

I like her la, she can be funny at times. Anyways, her nurse said that it's too early for a 3D scan (I was 20 weeks then) so I think they'll give me a scan appt when I see gynae on 18 Nov.

Back