(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Inya,
have replied your email.

Mangogal, please advise. I have not received your payment.

Wintertime and Strawberrys,
guys I'll have to drop your registration if I still don't hear from you by tonight. We might still have vacancies available if you do want to join, but for the time being, I'll assume that you are dropping out since I haven't heard from you.

cheers

huh Alfafa, didint receive??
sad.gif

strange...ok I chk tonite, so sorry!!

mummies

FYI
<font color="0000ff">
Baby Fair
Thu 11 Mar to Sun 28 Mar

Calling all mums, get the best deals on all the baby necessities from diapers to strollers to baby clothing and toys for all mums and mums-to-be. What’s more with every *$50 same-day purchase (maximum of 5 combined receipts), made at Babies’ Section, Children’s Department, Level 3 and/or Takashimaya, B2 and stand a chance to be one of the lucky winners in our Baby Fair lucky draw and walk away with the following prize:

1st Prize: S$3,000 worth of Baby products
2nd Prize: S$2,000 worth of Baby products
3rd Prize: S$1,000 worth of Baby products

*Terms &amp; Condition apply.</font>

Seabreeze - Congrats on your #3. I hope your MS will be gone soon..

Scrumpee - Wow! A Princess! Congrats! I feel guilty towards my boy too.. Cos now he always wan me to carry him and with my big tummy, feeling weak and no strength to carry him.. :p

Wishes on facebook - Thanks so much for your BD wishes! Really touch!

Re: cereal/steamed fruits/food for travel

My boy is on a variety of cereals at the moment, but have not given him adult ones yet as the ones here contain some level of salt, and needs more work to prepare compared to just adding milk/water ;p

Have never steamed any of his fruits since the start, but u might wanna intro fresh fruit slowly if he's used to steamed fruit. Maybe mix both and as he starts to accept the taste reduce the proportion of steamed ones until it is totally fresh? Or maybe its not so much the taste but the temp?

I did bring jars for my boy while we were on holiday for a few days, and also packed cereal that only needed water to be added. Hotel had kettle and provided free flow of bottled water so was ok. Tbh he only gets his savoury meal for lunchtime, and sometimes we give him some of our food (the totally no oil and unseasoned ones not the ones wiith sauces) at our table. I used organic jars like hipp and heinz organic, which considering he never had jar food before then, was quite ok with. I sometimes warmed them up to make the food more palatable (can ask for hotwater fr wait staff to immerse the jar or someth). Saying that, if u r anning on holiday and know ur LO prob ewun like jar food nmight be an idea to start intro to them early, otherwise v difficult to bring equipment to cook/wash/buy food to cook with while u r out and abt trying to enjoy urselves..

Fireangel,
Thanks for the input.
Breakfast shouldn't be a problem. I have given him fresh fruits so can have that with cereal. But think, tmrw morning, I will start by trying mash avocado instead of the blended version.

My only concern is lunch and dinner. Yah, think i better go and buy some jar food for him to try again this wkend.

Intro to straw drinking:
My boy has been on TBF and now am trying to wean him off to cup or straw. So far, i have just started to let him play with cup and straw. But I really need him pick it up fast..Or am I too impatient?

Mummies, do you have any ideas/suggestions on this. He totally reject bottle. So far, I have started to spoonfeed him with some FM, just to get him use to it. Every meal, managed to feed him 20-40ml + 1/3 bowl of porridge, then BF later.

agnes,

actually not all babies can master the technique of straw-drinking at this age - usually comes a little later. most of them drink from open cup or spouted cup, so maybe can try that first?

alternatively, to wean off breast, u can try alfafa's total cold turkey method ;p it's somewhere in the archives from i think last month/or from jan (before CNY). think she didn't give her gal any say in the matter for 2 days, taking her out to play/walk walk/distract her some how when her gal wanna latch, and offered only bottle which by the end of a day her gal eventually drank a bit, and after the 2nd/3rd day finally took a full feed from from then onwards. basically she was milk deprived for a couple of days, which in the grand scheme of things is ok lah cos they will make up for it later.

in any case, good luck!

Fireangel,
Then maybe I try the sippy cup first.

Actually, i am slowly stopping BF him to sleep once a day but somedays, i din follow thro. At least, I know i can slowly break this 'nursing to sleep' habit of his.

Cold turkey approach - I cant stand my son's crying..very loud/sad cry. We have tried not BF him when we are out while the weather's good. He was too distracted to drink. But when he wants it much later, there is no stopping him.

Nonetheless, he gotta learn how to drink on his own. If not, he can't feed himself when he is thirsty.

Hi Sunshinebaby,

Hee....after clearing the balance maternity leave, hmmm... really leave is not enough even given childcare leave, esp now we've kid, you will not know when u need to take leave with kid.

hi mummies..

hmm i've intro bottle straw already recently..he can suck the water from the straw but he pours out some of the water and his clothes always wet..but I'm going to keep giving him bottle straw til he can master it well..

anyway,
can share with me ur bb weight and height, esp bb boy at 11-12 months old...my boy is 11m now.. 9.6kg and 75cm..wonder if other bb are around the same weight and height..

and also..any of ur bb are fussy eaters? my boy doesn't take meat, beef, fish..he doesnt like the taste..i dunno how else to make him eat these..
he always likes to eat cereals..he can eat alot of it but PD said must stop the cereals..so now it's really been a struggle for me to feed him..he only takes oatmeal so far..I mix it with fruits or vege..
any advice?
sad.gif

agnes,

er, wait till he is thirsty and then demonstrate how to use it and make it look fun? and put it to his mouth and let him figure it out?

it worked with mine some months back anyway... ;p but then he is the type where anything goes..

miss83,

long shot, but when i was in sg i saw nestle cerelac got chicken flavour and ikan bilis flavour. The flavours are not strong, but think if u r desperate u can trial and error mix pureed chicken/fish in them? and increase the proportion until he gets used to the flavours? and then when he is used to it intro it in porridge, and when he is used to that intro other meaty flavours?

alternatively u can let him watch u eat ur food and let him try ur food for fun. like give him a piece of bread/pasta/noodle to try or some rice. if he any kind of food also wanna experiment then he probably may be more willing to try meat cos he starts accepting more tastes/flavours/textures.

have fun....

A fireangel
yup he loves all kind of nestle flavours..
tried ur tips too..put meat into cereals..he noticed and rejected.
when he see me eating..also show no interest..unless i eat cookies, fruits, breads..he will ask for it.

Fireangel,
My boy can be very insistent on what he wants.But I will try your suggestion.

miss83,
Am looking at this website now..very inspiring recipes. See if you can get something out of it for your son.

http://weelicious.com

miss83,
My boy only have cereal for breakfast together with fruit/yogurt. So far, he never reject it. So I suppose he still likes it.
happy.gif

queenie/annmelody: haha, queenie is right, i've lost most of the mummies contacts n i only have a handful..but i pm ann le..misscandy also sms me today n i asked her who is she too...haiz, paiseh k girls...

seabreeze: grats on the good news..

agnes: i intro my boy pkt drink straws to see if he knows how to suck n first attempt he choked but after some time he get used to the flow n adjusted himself..now he is on the straw bottles(munchkin) for drinking water le...

oo alfafa goin malacca..! jtho also going! u might bump into here there! whahaha! not sure if Malacca is that small. hee enjoy!!!

pinkdemon - no worries la babe! hee

<font color="119911">Hi annmelody,

1. Kris - 27/3
2. Bean (10/4 or 17/4)
3. Powerball - 27/3 or 28/3 or 2/4 (to be confirmed)
4. Ida (28/3)
5. Ida (28/3)
6. Ida (28/3)
7. dodos 10/4
9. juxta (17/4 or 24/4)
9. ipanpan (10/4)
10. HappyLittleWoman (17/4)
11. B512A (15/5)
12. Seabreeze (14/3)
13. moomoo2 (7/3)
14. Piggysg (14/3)
15. annmelody - 28/3

You may call Florence @ 6363 3636 and quote ur nick.</font>

Hi Jo, hahaha... now then I notice I've already added you into my FB, b'cos here we're addressing each other nickname.

Your boi bday looks great! The cake look nice.
Btw, where did you buy those birthday banners ? I like the pooh bear
happy.gif

I've yet to decide how big the cakes shall I order, as there will not be a big celebration till he turn 2yrs. Since we already signed up a trial class at Gymboree on next Sunday, which is birthday, we decided to have cake cut there share with those babies/toddlers. After that, we'll proceed to sentosa, want to let him have fun this day. Mummies, any suggestion, 1 kg will it be too small ??

Our Babies 1 Year Old Birthday Bash

Date - 3rd April 2010
Venue - Glendale Park Condo @ Hillview
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me details ok

We will order a big #1 birthday cake! woo hoo!

Attendees -

1. prosper, hb &amp; kayle
2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin (pay on sunday)
3. starflower, hb &amp; keenan (pay on sunday)
4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
5. asura, hb &amp; charlene
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten (pay on sunday)
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle (paid $30 via UOB)
8. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston (pay on sunday)
9. lizy, hb &amp; vera (paid $30 POSB)
10. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee
11. sunshinebaby, hb &amp; bryan (Paid $30)
12. babe kazooie, hb &amp; bb shayna
13. minnie24, hb &amp; andrique
14. mangogal, hb and bb caroline
15. piggysg, hb &amp; bb ryker (paid POSB S$ 15, hb kiv)
16. P.seed &amp; baby A (pay on sunday)
17. alfafa and baby Grace (paid DBS $15)
18. lemon_tea &amp; bb Mik
19. meebaby, hb &amp; bb Chyng Shiuan
20. fatfish &amp; bb Cadence (paid $15 POSB)
21. jacqueline, hb and bb Jovan (Paid $30)
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
24. babydreams &amp; bb Dylan (pay on sunday)
25. sinmey &amp; Moiiesha (pay on Sunday)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
2. Serene &amp; hb &amp; bb Charlene
3. Pigpig &amp; hb + BB Shermaine

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me details ok

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
5. asura, hb &amp; charlene
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten (pay on sunday)
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
4. Keron&amp;jeris &amp; hb &amp; Kayla

very much wanted to join you gals but i might have another celebration to go, will update you gals soon...

pinkdemoness: Recently, I let my boy play with the soft straw recently. He never once put into his mouth even though i demo to him. But he likes to play with it. I have also started to let him play with spoons/bowl/plate/cup. Going to try the sippy on him again. This time round, must perserver so that I can start the weaning process.

hmmm abt the straw part, the mummies giving sippycup, the rate at which the fluid flows thru the straw, is it controlled? becos i let kirs drink with normal straw... she learnt it pretty fast... after 2times she got the hang of it... but its not good becos she cnt control the amt n cn choke easily -_-"

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
5. asura &amp; charlene (passed to missycandy)
6. missycandy &amp; kirsten (pay on sunday)
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan

Hehee Keenan had his 1st Penumococcal jab, all ok, not much fever so didnt give him the panadol. Weighs 10.5kg and 81.5cm tall...
progress wise: cant drink through straw sippy cup, all the water comes out and shirt gets all wet, can walk 4-5 steps, can say a few words like banana, fish, clock, papa, mama, gong gong, etc.
Had a great party, ordered the ecreative cake, can see the pix on my FB
happy.gif

Missycandy,
Shayna sometime sucks too fast and chokes on using the straw Pigeon Mag cup but at least it's alright most of the time. I intend to start her milk drinking through the straw cup too when I start weaning her off the breast.

Just wanna share Shayna's progress so far:
She's 3 days shy of her birthday and weighs approx 9.5kg and 77 cm tall. She's still needs to stand and walk assisted, very actively crawling all over the place; can climb up and down stairs which she loves doing; loves to shake her hips from side to side especially when there's music playing; can't say a word yet but talks baby gibberish all day long; quite responsive to commands; starting to chew her food now so easier to offer her more variety of foods. Cutest thing is she's really friendly and smiley girl, even to strangers. Now, just getting more and more work for us to take care of her, she's such an energizer bunny.

Hi Prosper, I will tt my $30 to ur UOB bank acct tonite, wanted to do now but UOB internet banking is dwn at the moment, will PM u once I tt later or tonite, so sorry for the delay!

Hi Piggy, good morning! I got the banner from Birthday Direct BP, but it was not a good experience and I do not want to mentioned it here..just tat i will not buy from her anymore.

but i can recommend u to baby terror online, they sell party supplies and balloons, they hav ready stock which u can get from them very easily, althou price is a bit more expensive but its more convenient. You can check out their BP http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3454509.html?1263225072 and can arrange to see their stock at their warehouse.

Hey missy, saw your order! THanks for your support! Tat bag is for ur MIL? so nice of u ler..anyway, will keep u updated on the stock availability.

abt introducing the straw sippy cups, bb Jo likes to bite on the straw rather than drink from it..but we know he will wants to drink water after eating biscuits, so quickly we give him the straw sippy cup..he can drink from it but same as other baby, he cant control the water..so will pour out some..

reverie/elina
I've ordered the "ONE" cake from ecreative yesterday for my boy's birthday. The guests have commented that it taste nice &amp; not too sweet. The fresh cream is light &amp; cake is not dry.

Sippy cup
Had introduced the Munchkin sippy cup some months back. After 2-3 tries, he was able to suck using the straw but can't control the flow and will choke a bit. Thereafter, we tried giving him the normal straw and could see water being sucked upwards. Our children are so amazing, they learn very fast.

Also for mums using babycook or otherwise, can try the organic farmer's market at Loewen gardens (Dempsey Hill) every 1st sat of the month.

There are the usual super pricey organic stuff like a cabbage for $15 but also good deals to be had. I got red capsicum. yellow capsicum, courgette for $4 total. They are big in size, almost unblemished and have good flavour. A tray of about 20-25 eggs was $5. This Mauritian lady was selling some lovely organic grains that are suitable for our bubs. I got some Kamut (looks like rice) and chickpeas. Lentils, pastas etc also avail for about $5 a bag, which looked small but can last 20-30 baby meals.

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
13. mangogal, hb and bb caroline
14. piggysg, hb &amp; bb ryker (paid POSB S$ 15, hb kiv)
15. P.seed &amp; baby A (pay on sunday)
16. alfafa and baby Grace (paid DBS $15)
17. lemon_tea &amp; bb Mik
18. meebaby, hb &amp; bb Chyng Shiuan
19. fatfish &amp; bb Cadence (paid $15 POSB)
20. jacqueline, hb and bb Jovan (Paid $30)
21. Kris &amp; Kerryn
22. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
23. babydreams &amp; bb Dylan (pay on sunday)
24. sinmey &amp; Moiiesha (pay on Sunday)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
5. minnie24, hb &amp; andrique

<font color="0000ff">Move myself to KIV list. May have to attend another birthday party.

Straw cup
Intro the straw Pigeon MagMag cup to Andrique when he's 10mths. He took it quite well. Water intake increase too (at least 2 full cup per day) since he can drink from it himself.</font>

Good Morning Mommies...
MIA for so long already... and so happy to see so many familiar nicks ... and reading up on so many success of the little ones...
Pop in to wish "Happy Birthdays" as one by one all our babies are graduating to toddlers!!!

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
12. babe kazooie, hb &amp; bb shayna <font color="0000ff">(POSB $30 - paid)</font>
21. Kris &amp; Kerryn
22. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
12. babe kazooie, hb &amp; bb shayna (POSB $30 - paid)
21. Kris &amp; Kerryn
22. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
25. Strawberrys79 &amp; bb Hong Yi

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan

Back