(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Re: Lunch on 21 Dec (Mon)

Venue: Vivo - restaurant to be determined ... have a strong feeling that we may end up at Swensons hahahaha
Time: 12.30pm

Mummies who are keen pls add on your name

1. Seabreeze
2. Lenny & Bree
3. Blurjen

Re: 1st yr bday

Talking abt KS ... yesterday I called my Mgt office and say I wan to book function room liao heehee may be having 2 party ... 1 for relatives and 1 for frens cos if I put the 2 together ... its like over 80 pax

I vote for aunty yochana cos so far all the frens that I recommended are so happy with the end product. Hmmmm I must ask her to give me discount man ...

Hey Seabreeze, any website for aunty yochana? so good comment wanna try leh...ya..she must give u discount leh..

bday party, 2 party..huh huh..so happening..by the way, u r working in a hotel?
i check from grassroot club website, they have a function room with children's playground..
i also intend to book the open garden at the rooftop of marina bay sands..but dunno whether they are open by March..

Jasmine, i nvr use soft bone from pork leh..usually i will use slow cooker to cook the rice,pumpkin or brocolli, wolfberry then will add in threadfin/"goh fish" when the porridge turn soft. Jo also take twice porridge a day..he can finish a small bowl..very glutton..

ya, i will be going Carters sales this Friday ard 2pm..

hey hey morning! today is the carters sales day right? guess alot of people will be going.

sinmey, ivy, in case you logged on. cindy is coming past at 1pm and leaving at 3.30pm. are you coming too? sorry can't do next week.

Venue: Vivo - restaurant to be determined ... have a strong feeling that we may end up at Swensons hahahaha

1. Seabreeze
2. Lenny & Bree
3. Blurjen
4. alfafa + gracie

aiyo swenson food is not v nice yah. btw there is a marche there but i don't know how crowded it gets during lunch. will go with whatever is chosen. my priority is to catch up with fellow mommies anyway.
happy.gif

p.seed,
your fabrics are still here but I have used some yah. and yes i'll go dig for the polo ralph receipt pronto. there's a sales tax of 9.25%. and don't forget my lamaze octopus ok? hey been wanting to ask you but kept forgetting. the FP drum makes a funny rattling sound since i got it back from you, like something is loose internally. Has there been an accident re the drum? the rattling sound is pretty obvious. :p

enjoy your trip back! rem to have medi in your hand carry for emergency.

jtho,
flling backwards while in a sitting position is common actually. think gracie got used to it. hehe she did that quite a lot when she was just learning to sit up. now it is falling while standing up but the interesting thin is that she has learnt to break her fall. so amazing.

lenny,
cool! see you on tue. not sure if you have met inya and babe but both are cool sahms
happy.gif
come to think of it ... all four of us have girls!

lemmy, cindy,
re blue chip share as1st year pressie. yah boy, i think it makes sense too. like a savings plan or endowment plan but much better returns and much much more flexible. so when she turns 18 she would be a long time shareholder of some blue chip companies. :) this is our plan to educate her on financial products. doesn't hv to be the same share over the years either. it's a super flexi self-managed "fund" so to speak/

lenny,
you can make #2 from the same country of origin then. hahah

teddy,
was deciding between port dickson, cameron highlands, kukup (rustic chinese fishing village in jb) or bintan too. now just need to work out my hubby's leave. he initially wanted us to leave on 24th and back on 26th but then the accomodations are charging an arm and a leg for those nights. bummer. might go on boxing day instead. or might not go anywhere in the end. it's just too last min now.

i am "planning" to bake a cake but that's about it. no atcion talk only so far. hahagha

jo's mommy,
omg. thank goodness that bb is fine. must have been frightening for you. our little ones are really alot tougher than we think!

jtho,
wow your singer sewing machine at 499 u.p. must be a v v v good set! can do lots of stitch patterns i bet. mine is super basic. Mine is u.p. 199 i think so i got it at a sale at 139. cannot get anymore basic than mine. but hey, good enough for me. though i must say that i love love love the one that cost $3000! the one with embroidery and zillions of stitch patterns. dream dream

alfafa,
The blue chip idea sounds good. Going to raise this to my hubby. We still haven't buy any insurance for our boy yet. Really gotta get this done.

I wish i can be like u mummies who are planning Bday party for your LO. It will be just the 3 of us in Shanghai. C if we can celebrate it with our love ones in Singapore via Skype.

Jo mummy, how long does it takes for the slower cooker to cook porridge? After cooking, do u still blend? Do u cook both lunch and dinner together? Or separately?

Hello mummies,

Just came back from the Carters sale. Super duper packed! The clothes are real cheap, 3 rompers for $10 (girls), i bought about 20 rompers and 3 pants and it costs abt $80. Soooo happy!

alfafa..such a long post..but i like..heheh...
ya, bb Jo is now doing well..thank god..

ya would like to ask abt the gathering, so normally you all meet up without bringing LO tgt??then who take care of your LO?

northvirgo,
wah lao now i gian to go liao. :p supposed to join some mommies this morning but then I have to be back by 1pm so decided not to. so happy for you too. your princesses have lotsa christmas presents!

agnes,
aiyaya get medical insurance first and foremost. really impt for bb. speaking of which, i totally forgot to claim gracie's a&e bill through my travel insurance. damn. where oh where did i keep that receipt. i have 2 bags full of receipts from this 2mth trip. omg. mind boggling.

ya, that's what we wanted to buy first too but cos we are overseas, we put off buying medical insurance in Singapore as it only covers SIN. Looking at overseas medical insurance and they r superly exp$. We considered a few times, forget abt it until now.

jo's

last time machiam longer lah. i'm aka The long winded hahaha

I'm one who always brings bb along as I don't have an alternative caregiver gor gracie. a couple like daphne, babe, pepper etc do too.

scrumpee, wow your frog legs porridge sounds de-lish! I decided to give porridge a shot again for today. cooked chicken stock on my slow cooker plus soaked the grains overnight. going to combine them to cook on my stove top later w some chicken mince n carrots. hopefully she will like it. :0)

how about an annual travel insurance plan for family (e.g. you and baby. I assume your hubby is covered by his company)? that could work? look for one with adequate overseas claims.

sorry Agnes, alfafa, wat is blue chip?

it is abt 1.5-2hrs for slow cooker to cook the porridge very finely..no need to blend..it is more suitable for those who do not hav much time to cook porridge..i find it very convenient..just need to put all the vege tgt with rice n let it cook 1.5hrs..after tat add in the fish and cook another 10-15mins will do..the porridge is soft enuf for baby..

usually i cook separately, but u can cook both tgt and keep the remaining in the thermos to keep it warm.

haha, alfafa, following Jo's mummy example, I have just put the millet into the slow cooker and going to add potato, carrot and chicken later. See how it goes for dinner. Think instead of chicken pieces, am going to chop them up finely before putting into slow cooler.

hmm, gotta remember to add SiShen powder. Keep forgetting.

As for insurance, we just keep sitting on it. I gotta call my agent to rekindle this topic with him again and again.

Agnes,ur husband being posted to work at Shanghai for long term? If you want to buy Insurance in Singapore, i can recommend my cousin to you(Prudential). I bought for my boy since March and it is deduct from CPF. anyone interested can PM me, I will ask my cousin to contact you all..

alfafa, long winded is female's hobby..haha..especially we mummies..nowadays my dh also say i really loh soh..hahah..

Northvirgo, wah so early u already back from the carters sales..so most of them are rompers? any t shirts or pants? most of it is for gals?

Donroxx,

if i am not mistaken... u are coming along too? i kaypo add u ok?

1. Seabreeze
2. Lenny & Bree
3. Blurjen
4. alfafa + gracie
5. Donroxx & baby ?

alfafa, so i see u bring ur LO out to meet with mummies here..hmm..i will be on leave from 25th Dec till Jan 4th. will be free from 28th-30th dec..if got any gathering, i wish i can join too..but so far i havent try to bring bb Jo out by myself..cos i'm a bit clumsy..baby also very heavy..then need to bring so many things..help :{

Northvirgo/ other mummies going to carter sale,
Can update if there is gd deal for boy's clothes as well? I think the last Fox sale mainly gals' clothes Thks!

Donroxx,
My leash not long enough to leash bigger items...wonder if there are bigger ones ard?

Alfafa,
If u r going bet 24-26dec, I think everywhere will be expensive!

2hr??!!. Then i better turn it off now. Its meant for dinner.

Alamak, my boy just plonk face first from the mattress to the floor. We put the mattress on the floor and i sleep with him. So not so high but still at least 20 over cm. Luckily we got foam mat on the floor. Scare me. But he's fine ley..happily looking around and making noises as usual. phew..

jo's mummy,

don't worry about bringing baby out alone.. will get better with practice..

i was once afraid to step out of the house..

If there is any gathering on from 28th Dec to 30th.. i am also ok..

Lenny,yes i'm afraid..pls share with me n teddybaby how u managed to bring bb out alone..

ya..post Christmas gathering is good!

teddybaby..

er.. i just learned how to answer nature call with bree. hehe...
she will sit in my ergo carrier..
i just need to lift her up a bit..

more convenient to wear nursing dress or skirt for bottoms or bottoms with elastic bands.. like fold overs 3 quarters pants

sunshine bb,

i managed to collect the plush Xmas tree from taka last night.. hehe..

Thanks for your recommendation.. Bree loves it.. when it turns and the music plays.. bree is smiling, trying to clap and rocking back and forth on her bum.. hehehe..

She loves the christmas lighting too.. kept blabbering to herself excitedly. It really makes all the hard work of the hassle last night worth it!

alfalfa..

about no 2 in Korea? er... still at crossroads.. i am still not settled with bree..

and told hubby.. if i don't get rabbit bb.. then factory closed.. i am getting old.. no energy to look after ..

Jo's mummy ...

No worries ... just bring and be thick skin about it. If baby cry then cry lor ... no need to feel paiseh or stress etc I oso damn thick skin one ... put him in the stroller ... he cry then cry lor cos I will push him until he gives up and stop crying hahaha

1. Seabreeze
2. Lenny & Bree
3. Blurjen
4. alfafa + gracie
5. Donroxx & baby ?

I dun mind Marche except that their food abit expensive but if pay after 2pm with Toys R Us card got 10% off or something.

sorry was busy. back tomorrow. see my work-in-progress tutu complete with tutu pom pom head set as a birthday pressie for my 3 yr old niece. Half way done only. Put it on Grace for picture taking but it is way too long for her lah. Hahahha

Haven't weaved in ribbons and frills yet.

Think my niece is going to love it!
it's actually in baby pink and brown but the pic is not showing it.

3393924.jpg

alamak double post.

am still thinking whether I should make the headgear as a garland of pompoms or a single one. oh well ... will see if I can find time. :p

alfafa,
haha, u also buying a blue chip for gracie ??
i bought for Moiiesha when she is 1 mth old. I think i will buy 1 lot for her every year, if i can. I think this is better than buying the education/saving insurance for her ...
Agree with u that medical insurance is a must .. Medical fee is really expensive now ...

DSinmey!

hey are you coming later? Cindy will be here at 1pm and leaving at 3.30pm. Btw lost your hp no so if you text me pls identify myself. Selling a bunch of stuff on ebay and am receiving lots of sms.

jo's mummy, yea, think mostly rompers. There are some tshirts with shorts combi and sleepsuit. some dresses with panties too. But think those cost about $4 - $7 per set.

Teddybaby, about half of the place were filled with boy's clothings. lots of rompers plus t shirts. heh, i bought some boy rompers for my girls too. i saw many mummies buying boy jackets too.

People were just grabbing anything they can lay their hands on. But i noticed that the quantity of 18 mths clothing is very little. Mostly is 3 - 12 months clothings. The staff will replenish the clothings regularly though.

alfafa, u r so creative, oh my..

seabreeze, my pram too heavy n big lar.not really know how to use :p all the while my husband handle it..i only carry Jo in carrier when he refused to sit in de pram..somemore now from my house to mrt, the CC there being barricade..gonna go up n down many stairs..i cant managed to carry the pram (8kg) + Jo sitting inside which is 9.5kg now!! think also sweating already..so give up le..unless i take cab directly to the destination..but $$$$ :p

northvirgo, hmm i don really like rompers leh..cos my MIL wont wear it for Jo..she find it diff to wear for Jo and will give excuses tat it is very hot wearing rompers..

WOW!!! MAR's thread active again!!!

lenny
glad bree loves it!!! bryan oso love the lighting @ orchard... keep staring at it when we push him in the pram...

i oso wanna join the lunch gathering next wk but no more leave to clear... hv to keep my leave for next yr use...

sun,
u brought bryan to orchard on a weekend or weekday nite? Was it very crowded?

So happy that my boy finally drinking water. He's not been drinking it and when I changed it to straw after reading abt mummies experience here, he drank lots of it! Haha, big boy now
happy.gif

Update from Carter's Sale@Gimmill Building:

Carter's items -> 3pcs for $10

OshKosh items -> 2pcs for $15

Many bigger sizes are gone, left w smaller sizes, lotsa NB rompers& receiving blankets. Gals and Boys clothes fairly even 50%/50%.

Place is rather small in a big building, no car hard to get there, rather warm too. So just pick & go, to pay by Cash only.

My personal damage: $90, happy happy
happy.gif

alfafa,
huh, think it's too late for me to start travel to queenstown from sembawang now .. miss the craft session again.
Still thinking if it's worth to go for the carters sales since most size are small

oh wow, my friend just called up Pat's Schoolhouse, their half day (7.30am=12.30pm) play school is $700 after subsidy...didnt know play sschool can be so pricey...*blur*

thanks mummies for sharing their feedback abt Carter's sales..ya like sinmey, still considering whether wan to go o not bcos seems like more of gals clothing and rompers..sumore will b taking bus and need to walk in..dunno is it worth going..

hi mommies,

i just got back from carter sale..

hehe.. bought 30 sets of clothes.. i think i went crazy and just grab.. came back and reallised that i bought 3 sets (repetition)exactly the same design and sizes.. *faint*

personal damage.. $109.00 :9

ST.. great to see u there..

Starflower..
when we got there.. all the larger sizes are gone.. bu thtey do replenish.. one of the staff is very friendly.. she went to get the designs i wanted and the sizes.. that's why i .err... ahahahaah

Went for carters sales this morning. Really crowded. A bit disappointed cos the prices were higher compared to last yr but all in all, it was still a very good deal. My damage was $80. Good for toddlers, new borns and 3 mths old. Otherwise, 12 mths and 9 mths quite limited.

Back