(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

st ...

Its at the rack near the medela booth ... but go in the evening cos the spoon is OOS and the lady say that new stock coming in the evening only

Wetsuit
So far I hve been letting my boy swim naked from the top, yes...water is cold but after a while he gets used to it already. Me too have the thinking that boy should be toughen up...cos next time they will suffer more in NS. haha. I shall resist buying the wetsuit unless he refuses to go into the water...so far so good.

Organising 2nd class for Stage&Such on 18th sept.

DATE: 18 Sept
TIME: 11.30am
Duration of class: 1 hour
Cost: $10
Parent involvement: YES!
Details of class: this is for the babies, so all components will be incorporated. there will be music, puppetshow/story telling, as well as a funny faces section which encourages facial expression thingy.

Class can accomodate up to 8babies, so I've chopped all 8 in the meantime.

1. Lorraine (Starflower) & Keenan
2. Emily (Queenie) & Tristan
3. Joyce (p3pp3r) & Ziv
4. Lenny Susanty & Brianne
5. Jasmine (Srumpee) & Eames

Agnes,
no problem
happy.gif

Anyone tried apple puree on their baby? I just made some, hopes Eames likes it cos he didn't really fancy avocado. Had wanted to give banana but mum said too young to give as banana can cause phlem

Srumpee,
i gave Oli apple puree before, but it's from the jar, not freshly made ones... he likes it. i've also given bananas to Oli, he likes it too!! basically he likes almost everything i gave him except for the healthy times sweet pea.
am trying to buy fresh avocado to make puree for him, but so far haven't done it yet... lazy mama

jtho
err..apple will also cause phlegm ah? hmm...ok, then I give in moderation.

Avocado is quite bland, so maybe my boy don't like, I had to discard it after a few days as it turns brown very fast.

seabreeze,
they do have toddler size one, will need to check how much after the discount. But in my opinion, the toddlers might wan the cartoon-ish one. My 3yr old is wear a thin suit from mothercare with his fave Thomas the train print. He choose it himself cos he say the bubbaducks is for baby! haha.

we are on the way to hitting 15 (10 now)!
taking into acc that mummy agnes is gog away soon and need to recd before she goes off, i will like to collect $$ first so that once hit, i will proceed to order. Can tt me at POSB Savings 152101341, and put beside your name on the collection location and if payment is made.

Jtho - for healthy times puree jars, i realise they didn't indicate stage 1 is for how old babies...so i haven't bought any for kyan...stage 1 is for 4 to 6mths issit?

ivy ...

he is wearing the life racer ones ... we more into 'stylo' swim suit and cos he is learning swimming (1hr lesson) so more impt for him to get a thick one rather than nice thin ones heehee

jean,
correct! S$55 for size 0 with all intl shipping in. Local shipping if required, i will check for you..prob add $0.50 for packing materials plus postage.
Meet ups, no need additional!

seabreeze,
where is your son learning? maybe can send my #1 to learn too!

Hi Moms.
Anyone knows if ok to let 5 mth old baby sleep on a pillow? I am hesitant to do it coz my girl likes to put things in her mouth plus fear of suffocation but my hubby feels that it will be more comfy for baby to sleep on pillow.
Any opinion?

ivy ...

oh we got this instructor to come to my place to teach ... me and my fren 'sharing' so 1hr @ $50 per lesson ... each of us pay $25

he is good and in a way quite worth it cos they get alot of attention and we only pay if there is a lesson ... say for example if it rains or one of the kid fall sick then we can cancel lesson without incurring any cost unlike those monthly lessons

ivy,
i can collect the wetsuit from you on thursday or friday. since i'll be going for the 6 mths bash, i can also help those going to the bash to collect from you.

Bubbaducks Wetsuit
size 0 (6-12mths)
1. jtho (colour: berry, if OOS: apple)
2. sunshinebb (color: ocean)
3. minnie24 (color: ocean, Alt:apple)
4. babydreams (color: ocean)
5. jaszho (color: ocean)
6. Agnes Chew (color: ocean)
7. daphne crosailo kang (color: apple)
8. seabreeze (color: apple)
9. Lenny Susanty (Color: Berry)
10. Maple (Color : apple)

more info can get from http://www.bubbaducks.com.au/baby-infant-wetsuits.php

anyone keen in getting a food jar??

http://www.target.com/Thermos-10-oz-Leak-Proof-Food-Jar/dp/B000O3GCFU/sr=1-9/qid=1249555642/ref=sr_1_9/185-1809278-2533300?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Afoogo&page=1

thermos is good and seem like the savings is close to 40% from the spree

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2779448.html?1251449172

I dun mind organising if there are enough interest cos a food jar is very useful once they start eating porridge.

I have one but too small ... so wan to get a food jar

nancy
no worries one.. my boy slept on pillow since 2mths onwards.. no problem one la.. go ahead n have pillow for ur gal.. think bb pillow r very soft n light so not enough to cause suffocations one la..

Nancy,

My boy hasn't been sleeping on any pillow since birth, but then he likes to sleep on tummy. Now that he can flip and roll and move, blankets already all over the place, not to even mention an extra pillow.

Anyway, bb's heads still very big in proportion to body, not like adults or kiddies, so when they lie flat their heads are already tilted forward - with a pillow it will be even worse, unless it's one of those donuty ones lah.

re apple puree,

it was the first thing i introed to my boy. he likes it, and doesn't seem to cause any harm. his favourite so far is pear though.

i do puree his food myself.

re: food jar
seabreeze, i'm keen

re: bb sleeping on pillow
my bb dun use a pillow. no point, cos he either sleeps on his tummy or will roll/flip all over his cot mattress at night...LOL

DATE: 9th Sept
TIME: 2pm
Details of class: this is for the babies, so all components will be incorporated. there will be music, puppetshow/story telling, as well as a funny faces section which encourages facial expression thingy.

Class can accomodate up to 8babies, so I have asked her to keep the other 3 slots for us, if anyone else is keen!

1. cindy & trishelle
2. missycandy & kirsten
3. tusky & abel
4. corene & elijah

Organising 2nd class for Stage&Such on 18th sept.

DATE: 18 Sept
TIME: 11.30am

Class can accomodate up to 8babies, so I've chopped all 8 in the meantime.

1. Lorraine (Starflower) & Keenan
2. Emily (Queenie) & Tristan
3. Joyce (p3pp3r) & Ziv
4. Lenny Susanty & Brianne
5. Jasmine (Srumpee) & Eames

Bubbaducks Wetsuit
size 0 (6-12mths)
1. jtho (colour: berry, if OOS: apple)
2. sunshinebb (color: ocean)
3. minnie24 (color: ocean, Alt:apple)
4. babydreams (color: ocean)
5. jaszho (color: ocean)
6. Agnes Chew (color: ocean)
7. daphne crosailo kang (color: apple)
8. seabreeze (color: apple)
9. Lenny Susanty (Color: Berry)
10. Maple (Color : apple)
11. Inya (Colour : coral)

Thanks Ivy, I will miss the 6 months bash coz I will be in Korea. will back on 10th Sep. Can I collect after ???

Hi mummies,

Kindermusic
Trial class was good. I would consider to try again when Violette will be around 9 months something, she can sit & perhaps stand so, maybe more fun!

Takafair
I went down today. roaming around n bought whole set of mustela and the famous duckie tub
happy.gif
and then had some korean food at food court - was really so-so, don't gonna go there again
sad.gif

alfafa
I want to try MD Moms baby powder! where did you get it? from website or clinic (listed at website) ???

mummies
can share with me how to make sweet potato puree?
If i want to add FM, do I mix it with the sweet potato,blend together and then freeze on the ice cube? Or I add the milk later on after thawing and heat the puree?

<font color="119911">Re: Mac brekkie
we shall meet tmr 0930hrs at anchorvale mac. all r welcome to join k.

vernice,
hws ur back? seen any sinseh oreadi?</font>

mummies, anyone wants Nestle cereal from switzerland? My friend wants to let go as her son is alr 1 yr old next week. I'm getting some from her so can collect at same time. Pass to you at 6 month bash. can send you pics if you want.

ivy, i will get a apple bubbaducks suit please. Pls PM me if anything cos am not following thread much these days. Thanks for helping to organise. Happy to find something that grows with baby. Bought her 3 swim diapers, 2 that she outgrew already.

kris
thanks...I did add the milk..but then I thought again..is it safe to freeze FM..and anyway the thickness will vary right..so i decided to throw away haha..will make again tomorrow..

anyway, is it better to steam with the skin and peel or peel first and steam?

Back