(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Jasmine, ya the small flat red colour cooler bag, I will go n see how much after dist as I h taka voucher

ST, u can buy those lunch bag wif silver lining frm Diaso, add a ice pack, so it is , convi, cheap n good

ladies realised u gals are using bottles to store ur milk in office then when u reach home will u then transfer to milk bag?

mangogal
i have the cooler bag from avent (but is black one) it's quite small inside..i try to use that before.

i will put ice bag then there is not much space for my milk bags

will go DIASO to have a look

Cooler bag I using Coleman with medela ice-bar to transfer my milk back from office. I heard Fridge-to-go is good but super heavy as the ice-bar is built-in type right.

st, mangogal,
I have the cooler bag from avent too and using it, black one. Find it quite gd and convenient...can put up to 2 avent bottles

Ivy & Sunshinebaby,

I remembered Mrs Wong said once baby start putting things into their mouth, there is no point sterilising.

so i now wash and dry then before use.. i wash wash again.

lenny,
i also read in Annabel Karmel's book that once baby starts to crawl and puts everything in their mouth, there's no point in sterilising. however, she mentioned in her book that sterilising of milk bottles & teats are still recommended.
but of course, i know that u dun use milk bottles
happy.gif

Ivy & Sunshinebaby,

I remembered Mrs Wong said once baby start putting things into their mouth, there is no point sterilising.

so i now wash and dry then before use.. i wash wash again.

Mangogal,Jean and mummies..

yep.. i dun bottle feed Bree.. but i do sterilise my pump accessories like the bottles, funnels etc.. what i meant is.. i stop sterilising when Bree is 4 mths old.

i still pump out and freeze milk in smaller portion to prepare for mixing with cereals for her weaning. but i didn't sterilise the bottles etc..

st, i stored my milk in bottles instead of milk bag, cos I don't store anymore reserve. what i pump in office, he drink at night or the next day. just nice the amount.

sunshine.. thanks! which medela did u try?

st..oo okie. is it bpa free?
re milk- i dun transfer to milk bag (lazy haha). anyway the best parts of our milk get stuck on the bottles so i dun like to transfer la.

irene.. thanks. i know where le. my brain was did not link hazel n alfafa as 1. pei sey. pls add me in for the scrapebooking =)

Scrapbook Class:

In September, we will be celebrtating the little prince or princess in your life with a mini album that is huge in cuteness! With the super-adorable papers from October Afternoon's 'Ducks In A Row' collection, a variety of mini chipboard pieces from Maya Road and lots of embellishments full of texture and overloaded with fun, this brag book will be one you will be proud to show off! While small in size, this 5x3" album will contain your favourite pictures and ample journaling spaces - perfect for remembering the gift that is your child. It will be a keepsake he or she will treasure too!

Price of this class is $50 and materials (worth over $40) will be provided. Boy and Girl version available.

Cost of class: $50 (inclusive of materials)
Date: 04 Sept 09, Friday

Names:
1. Irene
2. Jasmin
3. Hazel
4. Babydreams
5. donroxx

babydreams, donroxx, can let me know your email addy? thanks. need to forward you the details.

lenny,

I still sterilise all my breast pump accessories together with the collection bottkes cos i freeze my milk so want to prevent bacteria growth. Think i wouldnt bother so much if she drinks the EBM next day. That would happen when she depleted my milk reserves... hee

Hey mummies

I plan to go down to Taka tomorrow lunch time. anyone will go there?

RE: Saucer or Jumperoo
Any mummies have seen either of them on sale at Taka?
Pls recommend which one is better? I was thinking of evenflo saucer... Pls share with me with your experience with these stuff !!!

donroxx
nope it's not BPA free for the funnel but they have BPA free for the bottles.for BPA free bottles they are not included in the package

the best part of milk is stuck at the bottle right then does it mean if i will to transfer to milk bag the rest of the milk doesn't have the best part alr?

Mummies
Just back from the fair, went on shopping date with HB. :p

Didn't buy much too. Bought a swim robe, waterproof bib & 1 boy top. Quite alot of Combi/Pigeon weaning stuff there. There's Pigeon porridge/biscuits too.

Inya
There's exersaucer at the fair but I'm not sure what's the discount as HB pulled me away the moment I touched it...

OMG, I decided to join Pumpkin at the last minute to the Taka Fair and ended up bumping into sooooooooooooo many mommies! Bumped into Jasho (we were in the HK cafe when you walked past w hubby), Mangogal, MissyCandy, Ivy, and a whole bunch of April mommies. Hahaha small world.

Total damage = $105

But erhm .... only $15 was for bb, the rest are all mine!!! Woooohoooooooo I am soooo happy. I bought a lovely Shirt dress with buttons down the whole front and back, casual chic! And a pair of bronze coloured 3 inch heels from Pretty Fit... don't care don't care I wanna wear proper heels!

Oh yes the $15 was for the Boon Squid spoon. Very cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Boon-Squirt-Dispensing-Spoon-Orange/dp/B000WEHO76 And in a lovely deep pink too. Saw a cool mommy using this little miracle device at the 6mth bash. She leaves the house with this wonderful device already filled with puree, and simply whipped it out as and when baby is hungry. Excellent for travelling. Amazon review is good too.

Going to parade my super chic shirt dress and heels in front of the mirror now. Wahahah Happiness!

alfafa ...

The Boon Squirt spoon looks really interesting ... hmmm was still thinking if i should pop by the taka fair tom during lunch or not ... seem like i should heehee

mangogal heeee
opps I meant to say squirt spoon. :p

Pumpkinseed,
one of the reviewer says can keep the remaining food bacj in the fridge for the next feed. Makes sense. Check out the feedback on th amazon link I gave. Bumped into Ivy and she told me she did a spree for it once and it worked out to $12 plus a piece, so about $3 saving compared to this fair. Think worth buying from the fair.

Ivy,
interested in the thermal wear. Ballpark price?

Miracle2me,
I am hazel lah. Haha
My place is roughyl 5-7min walk from Queenstown MRT station.

Babydreams, Irene,
I'm fine with going to Serangoon too. Anyone staying near me wants to share cab? Am concerned that my place is too cramped leh. In fact, better go to babydreams place. I don't mind opening my place but table quite small though.

Lenny,
yah I also don't bother to sterilise liao. All her toys, teethers etc are just washed the usual way. Don't see the point cos she puts everything into her mouth. I still sterilised the occasional bottles up till recently but I think I will stop now.

serene, mangogal,
ahahha we are all so girl hor, want to share share our happiness (read: shopping loot) heeee

seabreeze,
the review is excellent right? Haven't tried it myself but the Feb mom I met said it worked beautifully for on-the-go feeding. Pumpkin said usual is $20. Taka Fair selling both orange and pink at $15.22 each

seabreeze, but beyond that not sure if the fair is any different from the usuals. Today was not crowded, easy to walk around. Think it would be crazy in the weekends.

Inya,
sorry didn't check out the exersaucers either so cannot advise you. I was just kpoh so followed pumpkin there. Ended up shopping for myself instead cos I rarely get the chance to visit orchard let alone shop for myself :)

alfafa
Oh.. Didn't know you gals were in the HK cafe.

Squirt Spoon
I was eyeing that too but HB stopped me AGAIN saying still need to dig out the leftover stuff if bb don't finish. Damn.. Should have told him, it's great for travelling.

alfafa ...

looks really good but only 'concern' is that i usually heat up the puree before feeding ... so in that sense i cant just bring the spoon out on its own

and now that the duckie tub is on sale .. although i keep telling everyone that i dun need it BUT BUT we are going to rasa for a night ... so may be good for me to get and some more planning for some trips in Jan next year so so so heehee

seabreeze,
or you can buy the Safety first inflatable tub too. Bigger so can use for longer I supposed. But then bigger also means a not so snug fit so baby can move and topple over more easily? Just a normal rectangular shaped tub with no sound effects which is what makes my baby smile. heeee

Oh I don't heat up lah. I give it at room temperature but sometimes if baby cannot wait I will just give it a little colder than room temp. heeeee anyway ... I love the colour so I die die must buy. Lols

Jasmin,
tried calling out to you but i was stuck to my seat as I was ursing her then. I heard from the Feb mom that it is super easy to clean leh. And she says it clears the food very cleanly too, so it's not like you would get alot of food "stuck" at the end. Can ask seabreeze to buy for you then collect at the bash. heeee

hi moms,
anyone using talc powder for bb? i was considering liquid talc but read some reviews that it's not value for money. might as well use the good old powder for baby's neck. any recommendation for brand?

srumpee,
no lah. I went shop shop around wisma cos have not been there for eons. visited pretty fit and forever21. cheap cheap. =D

alfafa ...

there is 1 at toy r us that looks quite good too ... $39.95 after sale but if the duckie one is like $27 ... then its ok i guess heehee see just need a good 'reason' to buy

Ok who wants to order the spoon?? I am q sure that i will go down tom during lunch lar cos i dun think my hubby wants to join the crowd during weekend

Only orange and pink avail right??

yes yes only orange and pink. Pumpkinseed might want to order. she was trying really hard to resist when I left. for all we know she might have caved in already. kekeke

Idlecat, Donroxx,
oooh combi has something similar too except that it doesn't have the links attached. Got it from Daphne as a gift and baby loves it!

Ok PM me if anyone wants the spoon ... i dun think i will have the time to go thr this thread to check on orders k ....

I am going down tom during lunch so LAST LAST order is tom @ 10am ... so that i have time to consolidate.

No gurantee on the colour ... if I cant get your preferred colour then it would be the OTHER colour ... if you dun wan the OTHER colour then indicate so that i just dun buy for you ... ok bo??

hello!!! yes yes nice bumping into u all.. lol!

alfafa - aiyaaa.. nw im tempted to get it.. LOL... shld have grabbed it... was lookin at it for awhile.... grrr ...

inya - i saw exersaucer & rainforest jumperoo but didnt see the prices. paiseh. =P

i told myself i shldnt buy much... ended up buying more toys for her as well as feeding items... arghX! i was with my mum... and she also got some clothes for Kirsten... zzz... okie la... 3 for $12.. jus buy... total damage is abt $90 but used $50 worth of vouchers.. hee hee...

ah jus some updates... some changes to the programme for the bb bash.. will update via email...
happy.gif

eh deals at the fair huh.. i didnt really check out what the deals were leh... the usual stuff i guess.. medela has a booth.. pigeon... avent... strollers... car seats... little tikes... clothes... cots n playpens... toys... bedding stuff... sassy stuff...

now my mind keep on thinking abt the squirt spoon... LOL..

Back