(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Morning mummies... dunno if its me or the weather has been really really cold lately.... still remember same time last year, I was waddling around in sleeveless or tube dresses and have 2 fans blasting at me! LOL... kinda miss that kind of warmth when BB is inside me... kakaka.... not to mention being able to play mahjong without any interruption except for toilet breaks! :p

Seems like most mummies already giving bb 3 solid meals a day liao hor.... lazy me is still only on 1 porridge feed leh.... partly lazy then partly afraid she wun get enuff nutrients if we give so many solid feeds. Afterall, not much we can let them eat now...

Lone, I am thinking of trying to make pasta for Mer again.... wondering if pureed carrot + apple + pork mixed into boiled pasta stars will be nice anot? It sounds gross to me... but then, I hv no blinking idea how to make pasta sauce...and PD say no cheese until 1 yr old leh...

This morning I woke up to a very funny sight. This Mer was ALMOST naked~! She took off her pants and was halfway thru taking off her top when I opened my eyes to check on her! Faint!!! These babies... forever up to something ah...hahaha....now she is climing all over the bed while her daddy sleep next to her... so strange de.... she nv bothers her daddy sleeping but if its me, sure come over to grab a few handfuls of hair or bang her head into my nose hard enuff that I get a sneezing fit!

Any of you mummies facing bb biting problem ah? My Mer simply enjoys biting me. the last time she sank her teeth in hard enuff to cause bruising on my arm. No matter how we tell her not to, she still insists. Sometimes she even bite me when I am asleep. Sigh.

iceblue:
same here. my bb these days dun wan to sleep until like 11pm or 12am. either will continue to 'exercise' around or continue to cry in protest. headache. yesterday morning she best - woke up at 5am and demanded her parents to do the same too. in the end, hb took her to botanical garden to walk walk at 6am so that mummy can sleep longer. then in the evening we took her to vivocity to the children play area to walk in the water. tik her spare batteries finally used up - she got KO by 9.45pm :p lets see how she goes tonite

DJmama:
my bb loves sinking her teeth and nails into me too. But her top preference is daddy for now :p *lucky me* I try give her wet towels etc to bite on. she rejects those teether toys leh.
let me know how the pasta menu works out! :p actually it also sounds gross to me too :p HAHAHAHA!
wah, Mer can undress herself already ah? next time u dun need to undress her before bathe lor ... she can do it herself! hehehehe! my bb loves to take off her socks :p

Lonerunner, ya... Mer also rejects teether toys... and I spent quite a fortune buying those expensive Combi ones for her lor... everything also throw throw throw...sigh....

Ytd mer was also v active. I was really almost out of my mind liao....she only napped all of 30 minutes the whole day and did not sleep until 11pm. That, for me, is a nightmare... usually she takes 2 naps, 1 hr each and sleeps by latest 10pm de... ytd was really horrifying!

thats very very tough!! ya when my bb does this, it's a nitemare for me too cos I couldnt get any hsework done, or have time to express milk! hope tat mer will go back to her usual routine soon!

wah seemed like bb likes to throw toys now hor? talking abt throwing toys, yesterday while hb was carrying her in vivo, my bb kept throwing her toy (an small emptied plastic box that the sushi store used to put sushi inside) down, hoping that I wont be able to catch it. when I did catch, she'll just grin and wait for the toy to be returned to her. when I fail to catch it, she'll burst out in loud giggles and was very delighted to see that her throw was very good ( or rather, mummy's back was breaking from picking up her throws). think the entire vivocity ppl heard her lor.

Ya...madness.... I was aching everywhere, beyond moody and probably feeling abit depresses when dinner time rolled along...I missed all my mealtimes ytd and ended up throwing my late meals out the whole day...so busy n tired lah! LOL

This Mer has been throwing her toys, pacifier and taking off her socks and shoes and ribbons and what-nots since she was a 6 month old... wonder why I still did not lose weight under such intensive "training" by her... *wide eyed look*

Lonerunner, thanks for your concern, I agree with you but I want to give the best that I can to my bb so that I will not regret not providing him with the means he needs to succeed. Of course, we cannot push them too much, but providing them with some "foundation" to start with will aid them in whatever they pursue in future. I also worked during my Uni days, and I would strongly support my boy in future if he can manage, it is good to learn to be frugal, my hb and me too are very frugal, we spend on the necessary things for bb, we are not so lucky to get hand-me-downs, so we only bought the necessary ones, when they are important for his development, then we spend. I don't want him to ask me in future like I asked my parents sometimes when I was younger, "if only I was an only child or have only 1 sibling, then I could have the chance to learn ...eg piano, violin, etc". It was difficult for my parents to give me piano lessons with so many of us, but sometimes I really wished I could have a chance, but it is too late now...so I want to be able to provide all these for my son, at least I tried to give him, whether he likes it or have talent or not is another story. If he likes it, so I give, if he don't then, its ok, but at least I tried.

We add spinach, carrot or broccoli, potatoes, pork, fish, sometimes eggs into his porridge. Last time my MIL used to add pig's leg, but not anymore as he seemed to get more watery stools after eating the pig's leg.

Lonerunner, how was your baby's usual nap hours? I dunno wat happen to her hai but aft 6plus am make her sleep arnd 7am she was up standi at her cot again Heng daddy heard her, n lucky she fell asleep again in her beloved daddy arms, but 8am she was up liao. Yst she nap 1hr more than usual but could tt b so serious til cause her wake up al nite? N she now very hard to give her a position she lik when i coax her sleep she often change her mind, n she likes to flip al over our bed first. Kicking us if try to carry her. Oh mummies wat's wrong w my baby? Her nap is usually 4-4.5hrs n arnd 1030 wil b sleepin or Going to n wakes up 7.30am. But yst was hay wire

djmama:
u take care ah ... try to eat whenever you can. wait get gastic then no good liao.

liting:
talking abt piano class - I'm toying around with the idea of resuming my piano class :p wan to learn together? hahahaaa! i must be mad! really mad! no time to sleep liao still wan to learn more things! hahaha!
oh u smash and put everything into porridge ah? hmmm ... okok maybe I can do the same too. :p

SY:
not for my girl at least! she laugh laugh then stop liao, but eyes looking around for next itineary to do. *faintz*
btw u got ur puffs liao? my sis is helping to pick up later at 4pm. missed meeting u at Tampines MRT yesterday.

iceblue:
my bb's nap hour ah? no fixed timing yet. she usually have 1 around noon time, and another in the late aftn. nap can be from 30min to 3hr. my bb now likes to give us morning calls at 3am, 4am, 5am by either kicking or poking us in our eyes/face etc. usually if she still dun wan to slp at 5am, I will give her FM and leave her alone. usually she'll sleep again aft that lah. But then when it's time to leave for mil's hse at 8.20am, she wont be able to wake up. dud.

Hi mummies. Looks like many of u also have problem with not-sleeping bb and active baby. Same here. I am so deprived of good sleep, quality personal time, that i think i turning mad too. Mood swings are back. Trying to control. My mum bz packing to move house, and still got to take care of my monkey, feel really guilty... She say she very tired. I also. Dunno what's wrong. Just feel like sleeping sleeping sleeping. No mood for other things and v short tempered now. If you all rem, i mentioned my boy used to wail, scream and cry at night n refused to sleep. Thank God he quit tat this week. I dunno why also. I didnt do anything special. Maybe just let him play until he shiok and tired then bring him to room, which i did tat time too. Anyway, hope he continue to be like tat. But at night still will cry, on average i still need to wake up 3-4times for milk, water or pacifier. Haiz. We try to let him wear sandals to walk outside the house on sat, he seem to enjoy. Still like drunkard man though. Haha.
It's mon... Super blue, hope i can pull through this week smoothly.

just now I bought my bb out to pasar malam to walk walk a little. maybe becos it's windy outside or wat, this little terror finally fall asleep without protest. finally we have a nite where we dun need to switch off all lights and sleep beside bb pretending we are asleep liao so that bb will sleep. I even have time to sit down and eat my durian! shiok!! I remembered this time last year I was eating durians too! hahahaa! But now my eyes are closing already. so tired!

catmomo:
u take care ah. we must hang on. this tough time should be over soon!

iceblue,

maybe your baby is going through development milestone (at this stage should be the walking milestone)...2 weeks ago my girl just didnt want to sleep and kept looking on the floor so i brought her down from the bed and let her walk..after walking 3 laps she guai guai go back to bed and fall asleep. There r times where she also struggles whilst i carry her in public places..dont want to sit, dont want to be carried...so i just put her on the floor and face totally change, started smiling and walk..maybe when ur girl figets whilst in ur (or ur hb's) arms, u can put her down on the floor?

lonerunner,

haha..if u can afford the time, of course it would be good to resume ur piano class..you can in turn teach chi mun the basics so she can pick up easier if she would ever go for class..hb and i are also letting naomi bash the piano and guitars at home..if shes restless, i just whip out the guitar and entertain her abit and she'll be happy again keke..u can seriously consider that...baby recipes..actually the easiest is porridge lo...add everything in..in fact i feel that adding fresh veg would be better than adding bottled veg..no need to cook, just cut the fresh veg and add in..u can also make her pasta (fusilli or penne) and her sauce u can simply use green peas as base ..easiest is to steam (if u dont want to start pan and sautee) the peas, mash then stir in the pasta..i usually give her 3 vegs + 1 serve of pork to go with her pasta

sandy: so tt could b the walkg milstone ah? keke nvr try at nite brg her walk , but day time we gt train her to walk, she looks happy. we hold her n she goes big steps ,haha stil learning.
noted next wk i shall try on her. tks

ur gal knw hw to walk on her own alrdy? my gal stil cant stand well on her ownw/out support atmost 5s only haha

on leave today cos mil is on holiday. barely managed to down my breakfast as this little terror eyed each and every spoonful of my breakfast and demanded that she is to share my food. end up i gave her her porridge earlier than scheduled. now this terror has finally gone for her nap. hope tat she sleeps a bit longer cos mummy wants to nap after expressing milk! haahaha!

sandy:
let me get a piano first ;) Letting naomi bash the piano and guitar is a good idea! hehehehe! actually I was wondering how to cook the veg with porridge! :p hahaa! thx for the tips! :p

Hi all,

we will be celebrating my baby's one year birthday during the first few days of CNY. Just wondering if anyone has any information on good caterers which will open from the third day of CNY? Thanks in advance!

sandy:
congrats!! Naomi is walking oredi!!! When you mentioned the milestone i think that make sense. My daughter can't walk by her own yet but whenever we are out, sometimes she will also fuss. There were a few times I just let her stand on d floor by herself, hanging onto chair/wall/pillar... woah.. she'll b so happy... will let her try walking if she refused to sleep now... thanks

lonerunner & Iceblue:
very interesting info about d zodiac~ haha

djmama:
HAHAHA Mer took off her own clothes!!! Smart Girl!!! I can imagine it... hahaha... Luckily My daughter never strip yet... haha, i'd b as surprised as u too!

Hey hey Mer's sleeping schedule is sooo like my daughter la. She also used to nap for only 30mins for a few days. Really headache lo... But nowadays she's back to normal. I think cos she is too tired from previous short hours nap/sleep. She sometimes refuse to go to bed at normal hours still. Sometimes until past 11:30, by then i am usually too tired to entertain her so there were times i was so desperate that we put her in the carseat n drive around d block. She was so tired that she fell asleep within 2 minutes (and i am not exaggerating)... but i dun recommend this la, this is very bad method... haha

catmomo:
sometimes i also feel so sleep deprived that i wonder what's wrong with me. Really have to ask God for more physical n mental strength... haha... Luckily your boy's schedule is back to normal... Hopefully he stays this way so u can have more rest..

Catmomo & Overload,
I think ever since both my babies is out, i am always sleep deprived.. Sometimes like never do anything much, i also get very tired.. Dunno what's wrong.. My baby also still wakes up for milk.. Usually once and twice at times..

Bloomsbury,
Maybe you can try Neo Garden and Elsie Kitchen..
I think these two are quite popular with the mummies here.. Not sure if they are open for CNY though..

Talking abt throwing toys, my gal loves throwing everything when she sits on hi chair haiz.. will they grow out of this phase or how to stop them from throwing?! And yes, she enjoys taking her socks out!

Bloomsbury, i received brochure from four seasons caterer, they are open during CNY but menu is very ex. Think all caterer for CNY charges are very ex.

ginn:
we have the same problem! cas likes to "drop" everything from her highchair or from her bed! my friend says her boy outgrew this and says it's just a phase. she advised me not to pick up the things that cas drops and don't give it back to her. otherwise, she'll just keep doing it coz she'll know that mummy will pick it up for her.

Hi bloomsbury, i shortlisted Chilli Padi for Nonya food and i think i saw that they have CNY Menu too. You may want to take a look.
happy.gif

I tot of using that but now my uncle wants to cook for my boy party, Authentic Hainanese dishes... heee like pork chop and mutton soup.. slurp slurp ....

iceblue n overload, no la..naomi can walk alone only if shes pushing the walker..if we r outside she'll be holding my hand..

Talking about throwing toys, my girl also does that...sometimes intentional n some unintentional, especially for the bigger objects. We always tell her that the object will not go back to her automatically n we make her wait rather than picking it up.

walking alone:
cas can walk alone now without any assistance and in long distance already. however, i noticed last weekend when we went to great world city that she doesn't want to walk alone and always wants to hold my hand! i realized that it's her first time to walk in this mall, so maybe she's still a bit unsure. walking alone indeed needs some getting used to.

bully:
when we were in the playground yesterday, there was this 2yr old boy who is playing with his bike. when cas saw it, she got very excited and walked over to the little boy and tried to push him so that she can try out the bike! i hope she doesn't grow up to be a bully!

Princessdella:
ur Renee is #2??? WOW how do u manage?? I also still wake up for bf but d prob is baby keep on teething non stop since last month...

I wanna ask BF mommies... do u guys drink tea & coffee?? My cousin asked me not to drink tea but i only take them occassionally... if one drop also cannot very depressing le...

mibebe:
i was just about to ask u bout Cas walking
happy.gif
she must be very expert by now eh??? SOOO COOL..... when u say long distance, is actually how long?? do u still have to carry or bring stroller sometimes? cos in my mind, pity them, right? must be a long long way for them babies~ 1 adult step = 2 or 3 baby steps... hahaha... Smart lil Cas!!!

overload,

i dont drink coffee by nature because i get side effects from it. i do drink tea but only started stealing sips a couple of weeks ago. my drinks (even before preggy) are usually fruit juice/shakes or hot water when i dine out..at home i take water, milk and milo..actually the reason why we should abstain from coffee/tea is due to the fear that our babies will get hyper from the caffine. there are no ill effects or impact on health so tea is ok. moreover they are turning 1 so u can relax abit heh heh. few sips wont make her hyper..

throwing toys:
yes, caleb love throwing. frm highchair, in car seat, even while sittng on the floor playing, he like to pick up 1 by 1 and THROW! I stopped him, he continue.

Princessdella:
wa... salute u, how u found the courage to continue with #2 actually..hahaha... My body ask me to sleep at the wrong timings lor. Like now, going 2am, i m still awake. I woke up at 6am today! My panda eyes is getting serious, look so old now..

Crying:
so much for crying before and crying half way through sleep. The "trend" for my boy now is crying once he's awake from nap or sleep. Don't know why. Sometimes he can't be pacified until abt 5min later. Even if i rush to him at right away i hear him cry, he still refuse to stop. My hubby say, probably he's sad that "How come I wasted my time sleeping and not playing?! What am i doing here sleeping away??!!" LOL

dj: so funny abt mer taking off her clothings. she must be preparing to go for her bath!

catmomo: yr hubby so funny to interpret caleb's pattern. and caleb is smart lor, can draw liao!

throwing toys: bb also throwing things. so i demo to him how to throw a ball between myself and hubby. and he tried to follow, but not successful. so instead of letting him to throw on the floor, we are trying to demo the throwing across to let him practice his 'throwing skills'.
happy.gif

lonerunner: yes, the pretend to sleep method works for me too. i pretend to sleep and ask bb to sleep and he will be bored and also lie down and sleep!

SY: saw sarah and the diaper video, so funny!

those on facebook, do go there to take a look at my upload, super funny lor, bb answered my phone call. :p

Overload,
Ya Renee is #2.. Haha.. I got help from my mum and my maid lah..
Cant handle both on my own..
Wow.. You are still BFing.. Pei Fu you leh..
As for tea, i do drink when i am BFing, but max 1 glass per day..

Catmomo,
my #2 is accident.. Haha.. But now i think back, also good leh.. Cos both of them grow up at the same time and when they are slightly older, i can relax liao.. If wait for #1 grow up le den conceive #2 again, the cycle will goes again loh..
About your boy crying, could it be that he play too much before slp?

overload:
cas can walk maybe 20 or more steps...picture this, she can walk from our bedroom to my sisters room across the hall and then come back to our room without falling or holding onto anything!
happy.gif
she loves to practice and would always want to walk alone. if we hold her hand, she would remove it! hehe! but yes, we do still bring her stroller coz when she gets tired, she would want to be carried and i dun want to carry her around as she's heavy and wiggly (can't keep still!)
happy.gif

hi mummies! just want to share one of cas' piture during our photoshoot when she was 10mos old. this is an unedited version
happy.gif

3526351.jpg

Wow mibebe, your gal is so cute, she got long hair too!
Which studio did you go to? I am waiting to go select Renee's photos from Sean Lau.. Excited!

princessdella and snow luplup:
thanks thanks
happy.gif
actually it's a photostudio in the philippines which specializes in baby pictures...it's called blowup babies
happy.gif

Hi Liting,

Umm smetime i also tap my boy face or leg when he go over to the extreme or over my patience. But nw he know that when he do smething wrong he will get it so he will listen to me.Except i still cannot get him to stop screaming sigh smetime he scream hor for fun n smetime excited for his food...which invites more ppl to look at us.I dun think anyone like screaming babies la but what to do...

We have to slowly teach him.

Lonerunner,

ya lo if i nvr see i dunno his misdeed but unlikely cos my eyes are always on him.When i call out his name he look at me then if i walk over he quickly crawl away laughing haha...so he knows lor....

Mibebe,

Wa i like Cas pic very nice...can post of fb on her walking leh shld be very cute de lo..i just recently post Bryston walkin mini steps haha...he look drunk...

Amelia,

Congrats to you but hor first trimester is always tired de no matter wat super tonic u drink cos that hw our body function during these time,But chicken essence can take la which suppose to ti shen but i nvr try it before when i was pregnant so you can try...

Djmama,

gross lo the pasta menu hehe... plain plain can le they are not food critics so dun nid any fancy pasta sauce.But if you would like to have pasta sauce u can make your own tomato sauce fm scratch hehe....but to be simple jus boil pasta and those meat n veg then mix together to eat can le la...

i let bryston tried pasta and cheese,he dun really fancy eat cos he only eat a few mouthful but i ever buy baked potato with broccoli and melted cheese he can finish all...hehe

Sandy,

me now just let bryston to play as much as he would like then by the time at nite he get tired easily le then easier to put him to sleep hehe....his routine is morning wake up then prob aft 2-3hrs later he will take his nap of prob 1hrs plus smetime 2 then evening time he may nid his nap but i cut it out for him so tat he will get tired at night and then fall asleep easily.Else hor i can die by sitting beside his cot n wait for him to slp which normally end up with me gg crazy....On those board books right,bryston bite on it and eventually he bit off corner so that he can eat the paper....faint...nw everything he can find on carpet be it tiny particle he picks it up then put into his mouth.
When i see it i will force open his mouth cos he will wanna swallow it haha....then he will wanna bite onto my finger lo...notti fella..

update on Bryston,

He know how to come down from the bed and understand what i say when i say turn ard and go down the bed haha...

When i say kiss kiss he will lean forward and kiss my mouth haha...

Taking mini steps...

Know what are the things he cannot touch but of course still go ahead to touch it and run away fm me when i walk over to him...

Everyday they are growing and everyday they are showing what they have learn and understand.Its a joy to watch them grow....yet hope that wat we have taught them are correct...

Sandy:
I dun get used to drink water so very hard for me to abstain from all d coke, mocha, tea and coffee
happy.gif
However, I stopped taking Caffeinated drink once I knew I was pregnant and only take decaf coffee after baby was born. Yes, has been relaxed a bit n slowly increasing my caffeine intake. Altho I dun need caffeine kick, I enjoy all these drinks... U very steady le, only take a few sips recently!!! haha... Me not very discipline hahah

heyhey I think Naomi will take her first steps soon since she likes walking a lot... haha

Lonerunner & Grace
I also like to pretend to sleep but my baby would roam around, crawled excitedly and acted like "yeah mommy's sleeping!!! Freedom!!!" hahaha... until she hit her head on d floor, play on the electronic stuffs or something dangerous, then i have to "wake up"... sigh....

Princessdella:
I PeiFu U Ahhh... how to juggle two???
I also have help from MIL and maid but still like zombie le... hahahha... As for BF I think I like BF a lot la hahaha... and also save a lot of money n for me, more convenient cos I am very very lazy to sterilise n make milk... hahaha
How old is ur #1 btw?

hello mummies,

me MIA for a few days because Xavier was down with fever and flu yet again! BIG SIGH, his fever only totally subsided yesterday, then he had loose stools but only once per day for 3 continuous day, so PD say to continue monitoring him lor... BIG SIGH...
Me dying of severe lack of sleep, peifu mummies who have >1, I have 1 and already dying from exhaustion haha
then its real funny, because i tell my hb if u want #2, SURE, show to me u can take care of Xavier 24/7 without needing help from me so that i know u really LOVE kids and are ready for #2, of course he didnt buy my trick la, he says i am only trying to be lazy lol

Mibebe,
I like Cas photo, so nice leh!

WOW many babies here can walk liao... I am still waiting for my boy to walk unsupported but he still cant do it keke

DJ,
Mer tried to strip herself, good leh, then next time u can relax and let her strip during bath time hahahaha

Lili,
so sweet of bryston to kiss u!!! when i say kiss kiss to xavier, he will make that "kiss kiss sound like tsk tsk" then smile cheekily... but at times he will lean on my chin and kiss me, though not sure if he understands the meaning of kiss kiss haha

overload:
we just used the costume in the studio....they got a whole bunch!
happy.gif

Lili:
Thanks. I have a video of cas walking when she was 9mos old (about 4-5 steps). But i havent recorded her long walks now. I will surely record it one of these days and post in fb!
happy.gif

Wow! Bryston so cute...can kiss you now! When I ask cas for a kiss...she would just make the kissing sound and if i try to kiss her mouth...she will stick her tounge!

happy:
Thanks. Hope Xavier will feel better soon. It's really tough on us mummies when our little ones get sick!
sad.gif

mibebe:
hahaha can see that she's enjoying the shoot haha...

happy:
*hug hug*
i dun have enough sleep but not as severe as u, woke up 6times last night cos baby's teething. Today is so slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww....
happy.gif
that shows that u so smart, but ur hb is sure smarter hahaha... LOL

princessdella:
WOW *speechless* You're d woman!!!!!
I can't imagine getting pregnant when my baby is still a few months old. Now, sure... altho it's hard but she can almost walk, u c? your case is really... wow!!!
happy.gif
think they will grow up to b really close n things would b easier for u, that's why i also would like to TTC asap... the first one is girl/boy?

Back