(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Thanks Mibebe and Overload, he is much better now, but still having cough and running nose...
sad.gif

AND today I can say FINALLY, because xavier can finally feed himself the gerbers puff, YESH, he can finally do it, haha, i am so excited
happy.gif

sandy: wah u gd leh! jus nw at mil place baby dint want sleep agn. then kp flippin etc, so i remb wat u said n tried to hold her walk she was vry happy, look up at me n smile, but walk awhile nt tt tired, so havent sleep , then late liao we have to leave.

Hi mibebe,

oh oh a video i wanna see..u got add me on fb anot arh?? I not sure if i have add u too,can you add me at [email protected]

Yaya he kiss but with his mouth slightly open n tongue out abit haha....

Oh i also have a blog for him so you can go there to check out his kissing video haha....

www.brystonro.blogspot.com

If you have any blog for yr girl let me know ya..

Hi Happy,

Dun worry just keep teaching Xavier how to kiss one day he will show you hehe...

mibebe:
nice pics of cas! wah, her hair really very long... looks like a big gal! can imagine her walking...

happy:
hehe, u can finally say "finally"! :p

hope xavier recovers soon too!

Thanks Sheepish, I was so delighted that I can say finally haha, the first word that came to my mind was u told me i will have this "finally" feeling when he can feed himself with the puffs
happy.gif

yesterday night, hb gave him the puff to self-feed, then i was still agst it initially because it was quite late and i didnt want him to create a mess at such a late hour from self-feeding, but who knows when he saw the puff, he just use pincer grab and then put into his mouth in a jifty, and boy was i shocked haha
happy.gif

happy, congrats...finally!! next he will be feeding you haha...but i realised Naomi only feeds me food that she doesn't like..keke..

lili, now you can teach him to give flying kiss when he says good bye
happy.gif

hmm i realised lonerunner hasnt posted for almost 24 hours..

Thanks Sandy, haha, when he feeds me, I may shed a tear next? hahahahhaha =P
Naomi is smart!!! dont like = feed mummmy haha, nice!
happy.gif

Lonerunner, where are you??? haha

Sandy,

I have been teaching him flying kiss and today he DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah haha...so funny but so sound de just action...Anyway i kept on tell him to say Hi,bye but he nvr,he jus do the action ... i have to keep on trying till he say it out...

Sheepish and happy,

The magic ring on the bp wor...

hi mummies,
where to buy those party hats, balloons, etc (besides SKP)? Last time Concourse has all the suppliers there, but they moved to where now ar?

happy:
LOL at ur FINALLY!!! hahaha.... congrats congrats! I hope my finally will come soon too :D hehe

Sandy:
I agree! ur Naomi is really smart, "hmmm, i dun like this, feed mom!!" hahaha super good cause n effect reasoning :D

hey hey mommies... i am quite sure some of u here can advise... u know d chinese tradition whereby a one year old baby is to be asked to pick things up from the floor??? things like egg, pencil, ang bao, i dunno la... some stuffs... hahaha anyone here has the list?? I was told there are as many as 12 or 20??? hehehe i am trying to google the list but can't seem to find any...

SY:
Thanks. yeah, we were quite happy with the pics
happy.gif

Lili:
added you. the video in there on cas walking was like last year when she was just starting to walk (around nov i think). we haven't recorded her long walks just yet.

sheepish:
yes, she got long hair. but have to wait til 1yr old for haircut (it's like a custom for us filipinos)

catmomo:
i saw a party/gift shop in great world city which is cheaper compared to other shops in malls. i think it's in the 2nd floor but i forgot the name.

happy, the ring is made of plastic, so we dun recommend you to sterilise it. It's a simple ring, with no grooves and the magnet is embedded within the ring. So you can just use the normal baby detergent to wash and air dry before using it.
happy.gif

Overload,

Your FINALLY will come very very soon hehe...
I did not give my boy 12 items to pick leh, but I heard about it before, though not very sure what is the full list...

*Phew* Just had the time to post now..

Overload,
Its not easy lah.. To be preggy and looking after a very active child in the growing stage.. Now more relax liao..
My 1st one is a boy.. So 1 boy 1 gal.. Can close factory liao.. But den i still think maybe i can have the third one.. Hehe..
Ya, you should TTC asap for #2, all at one go, next time more relax.. Haha..

Happy,
Renee & Reyes also having cough n flu.. In fact, it has spread to the whole family except hubby.. Have to be careful now loh.. Hope xavier recover soon..

Catmomo,
Some of the shops have moved to opposite Bugis Junction.. Near the This Fashion shop.. There is also one at Rocher Centre.. Hope that helps..

happy:
hehe i dun actually believe in it, still dunno whether shd ask baby to do it. It's more like a curious ache that i have to scratch right now... hahaha

princessdella:
ya, i also wan... i always lament on how come my aunty has not visited... really have to kao God liao... haha.. now at least not too bad but i imagine, u r almost delivering another one around this time le... huahahah u steady sia!!

hi all
long time no post.
see alot of your babies begin to walk their baby's steps now.. so good.
my older son began walking at 11th mth, but this Joel til now still not confidence to let go and walk.. still cruising around, but he can stand up for a long time without support though.

brought him to PD today for his jab and physical development check. he is right now 12.3 kg and 76cm tall. still way over the percentile. did a check with PD , then she advice me to switch totally to 2 porridge + 3 x milk feed. saying cereal will make him fat. i guess she thot i am feeding those cereal with milk powder added.

can i check with you all, how much porridge are u mummies feeding? i am feeding joel 1 small bowl. at night sometimes i feed one bowl of rice with soup added to make it soggy.

wow see alot of u buying the magic ring. i very keen , but too bad hubby not keen again.

pregnant again?
wow amelia first mummy here to get pregnant again? frankly me trying for a girl .. not sure will kena this month or not...

actually the thing i worry most is my health if i can take it or not. second pregnancy already give me lots of pain here , ache there.. now hubby brewing more bird nest and buy those thing to help me build up my body to get ready for another baby.

another thing to worry is... if i can cope with 2 babies and 1 boy who is going to P1 next yr. will be tough, but i guess it is really a mind over matter thing. if other mummies can do well alone with 5 kids.. so can i .

thanks Mummies for the info on the shops.

Joanne:
*Salute*
I don't even dare to think of how to handle 2! But I m intending to have it soon if possible, at least after our Perth trip in Apr, Hopefully!! I wana girl too, then can close shop.

wah jo...trying for #3 so fast!! can Joel donate some kgs to Naomi?? lol..shes featherweight leh..7.7kgs but @ 75cm tall. shes been eating quite a good amount but dont gain much..currently shes eating 1 chinese rice bowl of pasta (with 3 veg and 1 protein) for brunch, 1 snack in the afternoon then 1 chinese rice bowl of porridge (1 protein with 2 veg) for dinner. then she still latches at least 6 times each day. i even added potato in her meals on top of those veg, rice and pasta but still feather.

wow catmomo,

you're visiting perth?? i miss perth! the last time i went back there was 2007 for my honeymoon...the weather in april is nice..good choice
happy.gif
hope caleb will enjoy it
happy.gif

sandy:
yes... a long awaited trip. A relative just moved there..
what's nice there to visit/ do? can recommend?? And any place u remember nice to do SOME shopping??? :p

Sandy:
woah... i am impressed with Naomi's consumption. It's so hard to make my daughter interested to eat even like one third that amount... any advice? i tried every single article's recommendation but so far not much improvements...

sandy:
maybe naomi takes after u, petite... my gal oso takes after me... sometimes when we go out, ppl still ask me "she 8 mths ah?" - 3 mths off her actual age... i'll roll my eyes secretly and reply, she's turning 1 oreidi lor...

but hor, dunno if it's fm... my gal now 8.7kg, gaining weight very well... sometimes my hb will say she "fei mui" (fat gal in cantonese)...

catmomo, i will facebook msg you so we wont flood the thread haha...

overload,

some babies have small appetite for solids but is ok with anything given to them...other babies have no problems with their appetite but have a preference in what they are been fed...some babies are both...which scenario does your baby fall in?? if its just appetite, u can try giving her small amount but frequent..and feed her when shes not sleepy, or in a good mood. if she has her own food preference and like only specific choices, u can list down all her favorite ingredients and interchange among her favorite...if u want to give her a new ingredient, and worried that she might not like it then add that ingredient with one that she is used to eating..if ur baby falls in the 3rd scenario..then u will need to add in more TLC haha..combine suggestions 1 and 2...also, try to feed her when shes hungry..if you want to feed her at 12 noon then dont give her milk 1-2 hours before..then feed her when shes not sleepy or grouchy..hope this helps..so far what have u tried giving her?

sheepish,

my pd also told me shes on bm thats why...but shes less than 5%tile...anyways doc says as long as shes healthy, eating enough, growing well and reaching milestones, i shouldnt think too much about her weight...

Hello Mummies!!

THink someone looking for the list.
I copied this over from the Dec08 thread. hope the mummy won mind. hehe.

Me also gearing up for baby's birthday preparation this sunday...how time files!!

抓周准备的物品清单(每条只须一件即可)以及每项物品所代表的职业与意义:
1. 字典或词典 ( dictionary):代表文学家或科学家,有知识的人才。( Scientist, someone of knowledge)
2. 书、笔 ( Book, Pen):具有制定意味,代表书法家、文人、文职工作( Writer, Clerk)
3. 尺( Ruler):具有尺度的意味,代表律师、法官、革命家。( Lawyer, Judge)
4. 计算器、算盘 ( Calculator, Abacus):代表商家或生意人。 ( Businessmen)
5. 金、钱、信用卡、玉、钻( Gold, Cash, Credit Card, Jade, Diamond):代表富有之意,日后可成为银行家、善于储蓄的富翁或有钱人。( Rich Person, Banker)
6. 印章 ( Stamp Chop):代表官位或官权。 ( Political Person/ Government)
7. 彩色纸、彩色粘土、水彩盒、彩色笔 ( Colour paper, Paint Brush):代表艺术家。( Artist)
8. 毛线团、布料 (Roll of thread, Cloth):代表服装设计师( Fashion Designer)
9. 乒乓球拍、网球拍、高而夫球 ( Golf Ball, Tennis Racket):代表体育相关职业。( Sports career)
10. 笛子、CD、录音带 ( Musical Instrument):代表音乐家。( Musician)
11. 筷子、铲子( Chopsticks, Wok):代表厨师、饭店业者。( Chef, Hotelier)
12. 小鞋子 ( Shoes):代表旅行家、探险家( Traveler, Explorer)
13.听诊器、棉签、纱布 ( Stereoscope, Syringe):代表医生、护士类。( Doctor, Nurse)
14.鼠标 ( Mouse):代表IT业 ( IT line)
15.润肤霜、口红 ( Moisturize, Lipstick):代表爱美,在乎自己的容貌 ( Beautician)
16.玩具汽车 Toy Car):有车族、司机 ( Driver)
17.手机 ( Handphone):代表通讯 ( Communication career)
18.螺丝刀 ( Screwdriver):工程师、工业 ( Architect)

Catmomo...hello..*wave wave*

Some shops moved to middle street. Mentioned by some mummies, near bugis junction there.
I just went there yesterday.

u have a theme?

I anyhow pick the mickey mouse theme since baby is not exposed to any character yet, thinking that the mickey mouse supplies should be easily available....but then now i look around, seems like sesame street and pooh bear easier .

anyway think u can try these party supplies webbies cos they can be cheaper than those stores and u can also buy balloons from them. check the bp site, a few of them are offerring their service.
am engaging babyterror service for this sunday party.hope everything turns out well.
has been a rush cos been SWAMPed at work...bleah!!

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3454509.html?1264002904

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3502800.html?1263970797

hi sandy
haha not fast liao lah.. cos age catching up. thinking might as well suffer once n for all. haha. moreover now more experience with handling 2 kids already.. so i believe 3rd one will be even more managable. then the older one by next yr will be more mature i believe.. then he can help to take care of the 2nd one or play with him if needed. both their relationship very good.
alot to worry also actually... his study lah, quality time with individual ones including hubby lah.. mmm might send joel for those few hours enrichment class so can spare me some time i guess. make plans already.. even new house also make plan for it.

Deedee,
i also born in the yr of tiger leh.. haha if i kena this one daughter in this yr.. also 2 tigers.
for me, i think its ok one lah.. i came from a family with 3 tigers =P. although they say one mountain cannot have 2 tigers..i dont think it is refering to family.. more of the "power" status in a company or such.

olively
u are engaging babyterror ah.. update me can? i am deciding between this n the other one u posted.

happy: great! it's a matter of time the babies achieve their milestones.
happy.gif

I'm still waiting for han to call mummy. :p

olivey: thanks for the list!
through the normal observation, han likes pen, torch light and rubbish on the floor. *beng*
maybe he become garang guni... as long as he earns good $, i dont care. :p

olively:
hi, *wave wave too* =p
thanks for the info. Hhmmm, ya, i saw the BP websites yday, looks good and reasonable price. I dun have a theme too. But I m v interested in the balloons. hee hee...

Sandy: thanks v much for the info u sent!

Hihi Olively,

Wa that is a long list of stuff to put on the floor wor HAHA then nid to place them apart else hor baby everything also grab then multi job hehe :p kidding...

Wa Joanne,

Steady la no3 ok ok gd luck to u hor....

Oh and Bryston eat 2 x porridge a day n about those soup bowl sigh then half bowl of that...lol

Hw much milk are u giving joel?? still on bm??

Sandy,

No la cannot be becos of bm Naomi featherlike haha take a look at bryston :p I believe gt to do with genes la she might be petite like u bah hehe....

Sandy, i've been thinking and wondering does direct latch and express BM make a difference? Does Naomi latch on long enough for the hind milk? Cos i realise some bb dont latch for long and tho on BM still light weight. And as for EBM, there usually will be hind milk... this is my own guess, not sure if i'm right? But if she latches long enough then probably it's ur family's genes... cos i thought bb on BM does and can put on good weight too leh...

Overload, yeah try reducing the milk feed before meals. It worked for my gal's lunch now, thanks to sheepish advise. Or u can try stretch the hours longer till ur bb is more hungry?

haha Grace, my gal also plays with rubbish on the floor leh, whenever she crawls, she sees some dirt, she'll play with it lor haha

hi mommies,

ginn, yes, she gets all the hind milk too because after each latch my breast are soft and when i squeeze, nothing comes out. probably its my genes ba.

lili,

mibebe is staying in spore lol

sandy:
at least ur pd is encouraging... my pd always says "can do better, got rm for more potential (weight gain wise)"... but i agree wif ur pd lor, all other aspects are impt not juz weight... so i oso 1 ear in, 1 ear out... hahaha...

Lili:
I'm currently in SG and Sandy is in Philippines. But our house in Philippines is approx. like 2.5hrs drive from sandy's
happy.gif

Switching Milk:
any mummies switching to the 1yr old milk? I'm thinking of switching to enfagrow now that Cas is turning 1 in 2weeks time! =)

Hi Milbebe

Regarding switching of milk, i was also thinking about it, i gathered some info and this is what i garnered.

If your baby's weight gain is good and constant, i believe there is no problems switching to Stage 3 formula milk, if baby is smaller or fussier with formula milk, my friend's PD advised to continue to take Stage 2 until 15-18mths, depending on baby growth, i'm planning to switch gradually after 13 mths.

Back