(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

Hi Sandy,

Aiya i dunno mah hehe now i knw le she is in sg n u are there far far away from me... :p

Saro,

The enfagrow here have two types which one start from 10mths onward and the other start from 12 mths onward.The difference is the 12mths milk powder have vanilla taste if i am not wrong hehe....But i was thinkin of maybe giving Bryston fresh milk when he is ard 13-14mths old...

haha lili, u are far from everyone leh..in fact PH is nearer to you keke..yaya, my pd also ask me to give fresh milk after 12 mths and continue on breastmilk at the same time

sandy,

aiyer i knw la i knw la... :p But hor on fresh milk when i am here give no prob cos they have those 1 gallon milk wa n cheap 4 plus USD in sg there is no big big bottle of milk de so might be abit tough to work on fresh milk in sg...LOL

Maybe go back sg let him drink toddler milk will be cheaper LOL

Hi mummies,

Some nice board books which you may be interested in...Drop me an email at [email protected] if you are interested in any of these...
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/3477113.html?1264055748
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/3523516.html?1264055700

talking about milk, do u all mean giving fresh milk that we drink is better than giving them formula milk powder?
I am already gradually switching Xavier to Enfagrow, replacing one of the Enfalac feed with Enfagrow...

sandy & Ginn:
thanks on d advices. I think my daughter is no.3, so need to add a lot of TLC hahaha... I tried feeding her much later but only to get a tantrum baby, so may be not tooooo long... *sigh*

oh ya have u guys tried giving cheese to baby? i just bought normal kraft type of cheddar today have not tried feeding her yet.

Overload,

I do give Xavier cheese, but I have the original taste laughing cow cheese, those in cubes de... that was recommended by PD, so I just follow lor, but not sure why give that one lol

I give it to give by spreading the cheese on bread and he loves it... but I also tried boiling the potato then mashed it and mix with the cheese and serve to him, he doesnt like it leh, mummy tried and so tasty leh, wonder why he doesnt like it haha

happy, im not sure whether if formula is better than fresh milk...im just taking up the suggestion from my pd..

overload, so far ive given naomi the unprocessed cheddar block bought from the deli, and the laughing cow plain cheddar cube (soft)...she eats both, no specific preference..if i make her pasta and cheese, i will use the unprocessed..if im giving her as a snack to go with her bread, i use the laughing cow cos can spread on the bread

hi sorry to interrupt here..I have the following brand new fm and organic cereal for sale as my bb stops taking them:

1. Enfapro A+ stage 2 400g
Expiry date:26 Dec 2010
Selling at $10

2. Friso Gold 2 900g
Expiry date:28 July 2010
Selling at $16

3. Earth Best Organic Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal
Expiry date:22 July 2010
Selling at $6

All are brand new(i.e unopened). Self collect at Whampoa Drive.
Interested pls email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi Sandy, I think it should be your small build. My boy is big when born as me and my hb are both quite big at birth especially me!
happy.gif

overload, laughing cow is processed, just like those kraft singles...wholesomebaby was recommending unprocessed cheese but not that processed cannot be eaten..just that unprocessed cheese has no added stuff..but cannot be avoided cos how to eat unprocessed cheese with bread itself..might be to strong taste and messy for them if u stir in with the main food then can use unprocess

bb's weight:
my bb weighted only 7.7kg tonite when I weighted her. lost weight after a bout of flu. when I brought her out last nite, one salesgirl actually remarked tat she is sooo skinny for a bb and I must not have fed her enough. Before I could think of a reply, she immediately turned over and grab a duno what health supplement supposedly meant for bb, tell me that after taking this product, bb sure will be round round fat fat one. I nearly boxed her in the face. wan to do sales say so mah. chey! both parents both skinny skinny one how to produce sumo sized bb? doc also said bb is healthy and weight acceptable wat.

Switching Milk:
i'm also switching over to step3 FM for 12mths old bb and above once this step2 finishes.

catmomo:
I love fremantle! it's only like 30min train ride away! stayed there for a couple of days walking around. oh, the museum in the town is haunted! So if u wan a scary/out of this world experience, u might like to pop by for a visit! :p Can board the CAT bus for FOC!
In Perth city, I remembered there is a Factory Outlet warehse or something selling quite cheap clothes. let me try to find the location again. During day time, we used to rent bicycle cycling around Swan River, taking in the breeze as we go along. Then we'll drop by Coles to buy ham, cheeze, fruits etc to prepare dinner with red wine to go along. At nite, hb and I love to venture around Northbridge area dining in one of the makan places there!

olively:
thanks for the list! I am pouring over my chinese dictionary see what the words meant! hahahaa! my mandrain very jialak one.

wah lonerunner, where did you disappear to?? anyways the outlet shops are called Harbour Town heh heh..i thought u were in Melbourne? didnt know you stayed in perth as well..maybe we could have walked passed each other before keke ..just joking

sandy:
oh haha! just saw ur post after I posted! bb sick, so I moved my pumps and etc to the bedroom instead of beside the PC to entertain her.
oh, so it is habourtown! keke! yeap u are rite abt melbourne. I was living there previously. then after tat hb and I went perth twice, the last think was May 2008(I think). we are PR there so easy for us to fly around without the need for visa applications and etc. maybe we ever passed by each other without knowing! hahahaa! just joking :p Orrr ... we like to venture around using the local transport so we can explore more places and get to know the local culture better. the fish and chips at freo's Fisherman's Wharf (if I remembered the name correctly) is super nice woah!

YoOoOOoOooo MuMmMmMiesssssssss!!!!!!

Sorry ME MIA! so bz w/ EVERYTHING! missed so many postings... very lost in the thread aldy!

Breana just celebrated her 1st Bday on 8 jan for friends n relatives n we did a celebration on the actual day 13 jan too. Bre picked the 2 red eggs 1st! FAINT! hope she dun eat "egg" for all her exams next time! hahaha... on 1st feb will be her lunar bday, think we'll prep mee sua & red egg for her
happy.gif

Well, the last time Bre was weighing 8.85kg, 72.5cm in Nov'09. B4 our long trip to m'sia, her appetite wasnt very big. she normally eats 1/2 a bowl of porridge but after the trip, she's eating 1 porcelain rice bowl of porridge (not watery) for 1 meal. sometimes she can eat 11/2 but i dare not overfeed her. scary~.. Now Bre's daily routines are as follow..

8am-1015am : Latch 15mins then Nap
1030am : 1 bowl of Nestle Oats w/ Prune
11am-1230pm : Latch 15mins then Nap
1pm : Bathe
130pm : Lunch, 1 bowl of Porridge
2pm : Playtime/ 20 mins of educational programs
4pm-6pm : Latch 15mins then Nap
6pm-7pm : Stroll in the garden
730pm : Dinner, 1 bowl of Porridge
8pm-9pm : Playtime (crawling around the house)
915pm : Bathe & playtime in her tub
10pm : Latch & sleep...
12am : Latch & sweet dream till next morning 8am plus minus...

occasionally, i will bring her out shopping & sunday to Grgranny's hse. Her naps & latches as usual but mayb shorter or sometimes i may missed 1 latch for her. but her porridge is a must else i will hv to be an owl for the nite.

Bre still sleeps & drink alot. Only when she was 11Ms, she started eating alot. i realised tat she's been sleeping throughout the nite eversince she started finishing a big bowl of porridge. not only tat.. she also pick up & learn things very fast. in conclusion, i learnt tat in order for them to be happy & hv an alert mind, they must eat, drink & sleep well
happy.gif

So fast, all our little ones r turning into toddlers soon. last yr this time, we were still wondering who's the next to pop.. n now, whos the next to turn 1YO. All of them shld be very fun at this stage now
happy.gif
... therefore, remember to continue to take lotsa pics n videos as they only grow thru tat stage once
happy.gif

guess wat????

i just finished reading the posting from 1st Jan!!! hahahaha.. missed alot!!

mibebe.. ur gal's hair is so long!! wonder when my bre can hv tat length :p

DJMama.. mer so smart!! can take off her own clothes?! salute!! u must be always doing it infront of her har?! ooopz :X

Amelia.. congratz!!! take care & enjoy your 40weeks of pregnacy
happy.gif

I want to take Bre for some photoshoot too but dunno which to go... any recommendations or promotions?

enfagrow:
i tried to mix enfapro with enfagrow and cas doesn't like it. she doesn't want to drink her milk now..won't open her mouth!!!
sad.gif
we got the enfagrow from 12month so is this sweeter? maybe cas is not used to it. what to do?

cheese:
i gave cas the normal cheddar cheese with her bread and she likes it
happy.gif
i'm giving it for breakfast
happy.gif

LemonT:
welcome back!
happy.gif
yes, cas hair is very long now...when it's wet it will be somewhere in the middle of her back already...can do ponytail!
happy.gif

fresh milk:
any recommendation on which fresh milk can be introduced to baby? what brand?

Morning mummies! Wahaha.... so happening... Olively, you are super resourceful leh... now that I know whats on the list, am going to gather necessary stuff and let Mer choose liao! Wahaha....I think will be damn fun lor...kekeke...

LemonT, actually, now that you mention, I do always change in front of Mer leh....cuz she seldom ever let me out of her sight... in fact, sometimes I still do bathe with my bathroom door open so she can see me....

Now, I am using the laptop next to her inside the play yard and all she wants to do is to hang onto the side nearest to me and get my attention... LOL...

Wah...if fresh milk is better than FM hor, I will gladly give Ah Mer fresh milk when she turns one....easy to get and give I think ... plus can give cold... this Mer loves cold stuff... I always give her chilled fruits...maybe they soothe her gums also bah I think...and cold yoghurt is one of her fav as well!

Updates on Mer:

Now she can stand on her own and clap hands... I waited so long for her to clap hands leh... at 10 months she was still not able to clap lor...think she got the hand eye coordination problem like me... LOL...her daddy say like dat cham liao la.... next time also knock here n there like me liao.... hahaha....

Mer dun dare to try to walk unsupported. Only these few days she started to stand on her own without realising it herself and clap her hands in delight... this morning she just learnt how to walk using the push walker but also for abt 2metres then she sat down liao....can tell she is still abit scared.

Mer can give flying kiss, say bye bye and wave her hands at the same time... but her wave is quite funny... like those Fortune cat wave... hahaha....

I think so far, her talking is most accomplished liao la... she can say bye, mama, papa, ah gong, ah ma, baby, Dusty, meimei( pretty) and mummum (hungry) and will sing to herself in the mornings when she is awake before us in the cot and when she is engrossed in play and not needing our attention....

diet wise, most days she will finish abt 180-210mls of FM every 3 hrs, take abt 2 combi deep feeding bowl size of sticky porridge and in between the day maybe a snack of Wakado baby biscuits. Recently I bought a pack of the Heinz Apple flavored Biscotti for her, she also likes it...

But when she is teehing then she almost always just take abt 120-150mls of milk....refuse her porridge, get diarrhea and then refuse her naps and sleep v late... which means mummy will usually fall sick after she is done with her teething episodes...

Ok ok... very long winded this morning...am gg to gv Mer her milk and hope she naps abit liao.... today's weather is nice and cool... I also wanna nap! Today am going to try to make mash potato with salmon flakes for her....hope she will like it!

Hi mummies, long time haven't been here. Got a job few months back and been crazy busy ever since.

Have a qn to ask: How many naps do your babies take now?

Mer is so funny, trying to take off her clothes! Very interesting to see all babies developments!
Hope the 1st birthday party planning is going well for everyone.

Wah pseed, u really super long No come in! Aiyo stil No come in Wait i old ppl forget your nick keke. You workiN local rite? Nap- my gal takes 2-3nap on good normal days, total she takes 4-4.5hrs naptime a day.

p.seed, welcome back..my girl takes 2 naps per day..1 short (1 to 1.5 hours) and 1 long (2 to 2.5hrs)..at night she sleeps for 10 hours.

wah iceblue, your girl can nap well ...then how many hours of sleep does she take per night?

Hello Mummies!!

Re: Birthday catching object

Yar, i also agree the list is too long.
SO i tot i pick 8 items - good number mah...kekek
I should be choosing
1) Mouse - IT line
2) Ruler - Lawyer/Judge
3) Calculator - Businessman
4) Cash/cc - Banker
5) Paint Brush - Artist
6) Golf /base ball - Sport person
7) Musical instrument / Cd - Musician
8) syringe - Doc
Mummies u think there is anything i should include? let me know lay.

Lili, i agree the placement of these items must be fair and equally spaced otherwise not very fair right....kekek

Joanne,
will keep u updated on the babyterror service.
But actually i only taking her diamond balloon package service meaning i only buying balloons.
if u want her to decorate the party venue maybe have to discuss with her.

lonerunner:
was wondering where u went... tot u go travelling without telling us
happy.gif
hows baby's flu?

re: baby's weight/size
ya, i think liting is right lo, mostly depends on gene so not much we can do about it... as long as they r happy n progressing well ok la...

sandy:
ok thanks thanks... then i dun have to buy a new cheese :D hehe... really have to add a lot of TLC in encouraging baby to eat more hehe...

olively:
hey forgot to thank u, i was d one requested the list.. hehehe
happy.gif

p.seed:
my gal only takes 1 or 2 naps per day. if her 1st nap lasts for 2hrs then it will be her only nap for the whole day. otherwise, she'll take another one. then she sleeps around 10-12 hours at night.

sandy i think our gal arnd same hours? Cos my gal total a day sleeps 4-4.5hrs only but divide into 3naps. She at nite Actly sleep lesser. Usually 1030-11pm sleep, 730 somex 7am she wake up liao. So tts abt 8hrs only

P.Seed:
My daughter only nap once a day.
sad.gif
n We're lucky if it's more than 1.5hrs... the range is from half an hour to 2 hours max. At night she sleeps 10 to 10.5hrs.

iceblue:
i just researched this yesterday, we can only give cheese made from pasteurised milk. I forgot d whole list but i know cheddar, parmesan n american r okay. Like Sandy said, most of d baby webs recommend unprocessed cheese but processed will not do any harm
happy.gif
hehe

DJmama:
hey hey our daughter's snacks r d same waikado biscuits n heinz biscotti
happy.gif
hehehe... she doesn't like them as much as mer tho.

hihi P.seed..

my gal... hmmm how shld i put it.. she sleeps 10-12hrs at night + 2 or 3 naps of 1.5-2hrs.. depends. but i think she sleeps an average of 14hrs daily.

Re: Balloons for decor
i used Greg from www.grefio.com.sg.. recommended by spicegal.. he is friendly, very prompt respond, price reasonable & easy going. he did up my place n my balloon bouquet nicely w/o any decoration charges. one thing, he is not calculative. Those needed to do the place can call him.. Greg @ 96884724
www.partyz.com.sg / www.grefio.com.sg. although his website dont show much but whatever u see in others, he can do it too
happy.gif
. i strongly recommend him to u gals
happy.gif
. just to add-on, i dont get any com% from recommending but just to let u all know i m one of his satisfied customers
happy.gif

Re: Birthday Catching Objects
I thought traditionally we must include 2 red eggs, 2 drumsticks, abacus, rulers, pen... wah it seems its getting very modern nowadays.

Thanks for all the feedback regarding nap times. Really appreciate it!
Was getting worried cos she sometimes takes only 1 nap a day. But at night, she sleeps 12 hours. Similarly, average of 14 hours a day.

LemonT, will check out Greg for balloons. Babyterroronline has been very good so far. I just thought it was a little expensive. Maybe I am just being stingy now that I work very hard for my money. That's why no time to come in here.

oh actually Greg and babyterror same price la. But wonder if he charges for transport.
He does nice balloon arches etc though!
Ok gotta rush off now. Happy weekend!

thanks for e info overload. Think i aft Cny then let her try. Tis period i bet Not give her new thgs.wil let her try e yogurt e mummies here givin also.

p.seed,

dont have to worry i guess because the recommended number of hours of sleep at their age is at least 13 hours per day. as long as this amount is reached (in any manner), should be fine
happy.gif

lonerunner, sandy:
thanks alot for the info. OK. i combined that, Fremantle, Swan River and Outlets at Habourtown is a must! I heard abt Farmstays are nice too?? Just going for a week, hope i have enough time for all these!!!

Hallo Mummies... HB brought Mer over to my in laws...so am taking a break at home now and coming online... haha... we went to Ikea today and I let Mer try some of the mash potato without sauce.... she seemed to like it...

Overload, Mer likes to eat de la... u give her anything she also eat... today she bit both my fingers until they were sore because I was trying to dig out a piece of paper that she chewed off. Sigh... really fight tooth and nails with me for the paper leh... now my fingers are still sore... no joke when she has 6 teeth liaoz...

Actually, I'd rather she just guai guai take her standard milk and meals hor...and not be so keen on snacks... the biscotti was meant for us to give her when we eat dinner or lunch outside or at home.... but the rate she goes thru them, I still have to swallow my meals lor... usually I give abt 2 pieces and I still hv to swallow my rice and probably only finish abt half and hurriedly bring her away from the dining table le... SIGH. Good thing is I am finally losing some weight from all of Mer's efforts at not letting mummy eat.

This girl has uncanny sense of timing. everytime I want to sink my teeth onto my food, she either wakes up from her nap or poos. I still remember those good old confinement days where she will cry and wake from her naps each time I am about to sit down to eat my instant noodles or whatever. I swear its everytime without fail. *faint*

Iceblue, I think chocolate still not advisable leh...cuz it contains caffeine.... Mer's bday cake I am getting a very safe option...strawberry cream... altho the cake shop suggested chocolate sponge. But maybe you can check with your PD bah... I think most of us will be due to bring our babies for their 1 yr old check up liao hor...

So fast weekend is here loh... week after week just goes by in a flash leh... soon all of us would have celebrated our kids' birthdays and be sharing pictures loh! Just like when we were all counting down to pop! Haha

Oops! Blur again...paiseh paiseh... okie...going to take my shower before the girl comes home...today she fell asleep during a diaper change in the afternoon...already felt super lucky liao.... doubt I can strike lottery twice la hor... kakaka...

aiyo so sian, so scared of baby vomit in car wen bring her home, she kp cry for daddy want to climb over. so sad nw she even dun 1 me make her sleep , she wants daddy, daddy carry she guai sleep liao jus nw i carry she kp toss n turn struggle off. she vry funny lor. at in laws place jus nw she want me though

P.seed..

Greg's transportation charges is $18 for <$118. My total amt was $116.80 but he waived the charges. yes i agreed w u we need to be thrifty at this time. spend only the necessary
happy.gif

overload:
hahaaa! I wish I can go travelling now, but I'm up to my neck with work n bb these days! tired
happy.gif
bb dun wan to sleep unless it is close to midnite these days. still trying to figure out a way to make her sleep earlier!

djmama:
Mer is really cute leh!
happy.gif

pumpkinseed:
hey long time no see u already! how are u?!
happy.gif

wow ... good that ur bb slp for 12hrs at nite! mine if can slp 6hrs straight again, I'll be overjoyed!

iceblue:
hahahaa .. bb chooses her target audience again ah?

lonerunner:
woahhhh u very jialat lo...

what i do in time of desperation is to put her in d carseat n drive around... hehehe... not a good method tho... but ho if she sleeps enough hours it's ok la... d bright side is u get to spend more time with her ma, right?
happy.gif

lonerunner, how abt let ur gal skip the late afternoon or evening nap? or u let her crawl/cruise/walk/play as much till she exhaust all her energy out keke.

P seed, my gal also takes 1 2hr nap most of the time now.

ginn:
tried that option before too. During the times we were successful in doing so, still she managed to "tong" until 11pm+. When we were unsuccessful dun keep a lookout for her, she can even fall asleep in her walker! her style is "whatever I have decided, I will proceed with it no matter wat!"

overload:
keke ... these nites I am a frequent visitor to the pasar malan at the market around 10pm to walk walk when all the crowds are already gone and is quiet. bb will doze off her in carrier, but the moment I reached home, 9 out of 10 times she'll wake up immediately! then I die liao becos she has already taken a nap for a good couple of minutes, this also meant that her batteries can last even longer into the nite!!! wahhahahahaa!

djmama:
nowadays whenever I am at my station expressing milk or outside having a meal with bb around, I am giving her Kameda bb biscuit snack, which I bought from those stores that sells japanese snacks. becos the biscuit is long and rectangular, bb will take sometime to finish the snack, buying me time to finish my pump or meal. I find that this works better than Happybaby puffs which are in small pieces, so I have to keep reaching into the container for a puff. End up I also very "bo eng" (busy)! haahaa! But yeah, it has been a long time since we dun chop chop swollow down our meals!

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Looking for moms to share in this discount for alcohol &amp; antiseptic sanitising wipes</font></font>

<font color="0077aa">Sorry to intrude. I'm an Apr 09 mommy. Looking for others to join me in getting the following discounted items - subject to MOQ (details below). To order, pls add to the list below or PM me. Btw, here r e collection modes I kan offer:
1) My plc in Clementi - day or nite thru pre-arrangement
2) Meet-ups between 12.30pm to 1.00pm @ the following locations: Chinatown (OG), Raffles Plc MRT, Paya Lebar MRT. These are to b arranged once I've collected e items.
3) Or let me noe if u kan care of someone in Apr or Feb 09 thread who's ordering.</font>

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">1) Alcohol Wipes -- For sanitising diaper-trays, high-chairs, table-tops, toys, etc. For spring-cleaning. Must-have @ home or on the go...</font></font>
http://www.yumclick.com/online-store.asp?id=563

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">2)Antiseptic Wipes -- For cleaning wounds, bad mozzies bites. For cleaning hands before eating, before touching infant, or after sports, touching pets, etc. Also a must-have @ home or on the go...</font></font>
http://www.yumclick.com/online-store.asp?id=564

<font color="0077aa">Apr 09 moms hv seen me use Freshening brand alcohol wipes (70% Isopropyl Alcohol) 2 disinfect high-chairs &amp; table-tops b4 I put my boy in them. Actuali, I use A LOT of these coz itz veri effective to kill bacteria &amp; mold. I use them to clean new toys, wipe any work surfaces regularly, definitely on diaper-trays 2 b4 I put my bb on them… It also evaporates veri quickly so doesn't leave any residue or scent (unlike Dettol). Tho when u 1st open e wrap there is e alcohol smell (nt e drinking kind hor) BUT it dissipates fast. What I do is kp e kidz as far away as I kan when I'm using these wipes, dan clean oledi walk some distance away &amp; come back agn. Also, if I use it to clean anything dat made of fabric e.g. soft-toy, I leave e toy aside 2 dry for abt 15mins. More details available fr the links I've provided above. Alcohol wipes are also handy for spring-cleaning use 2. I use it 2 wipe any new utensil, wipe off mold on items kept in storage 2 long. Even toilet seats. But CANNOT use on any wooden furniture which is treated i.e. wood varnish kan come off...</font>

<font color="ff0000">JTS, I ever used these alcohol wipes to clean some newly bought teether, toys... I was veri worried when e paint on these items started 2 come off -- is it up 2 standard &amp; safe 4 bb to use? In e end, I nvr gave the toys &amp; teether to my kidz.</font>

<font color="0077aa">Why I'm arranging diz direct discount:
1) I use a lot -- coz e alcohol wipe is a must-have for disinfecting surfaces when I'm out w my kidz
2) Stocks r inconsistent @ pharmacies - I kan run to 3-4 outlets &amp; nt find any!
3) Stocks r nt 'fresh' - usuali I end up buying stocks dat wl expire in 6-8M x. Bt manufacturer says items actuali hv 24M shelf-life. E manufacturer is promising fresh stocks of @ least 20M b4 expiry i.e. wipes won't b dried up

If u r interested to purchase, pls add ur order below. I’ve listed all details abt price &amp; MOQ. Tx!</font>

<font color="119911">Freshening Brand Alcohol Wipes $1.80 (10 individually foil-wrapped pcs per pack) Retail: $2.00. MOQ: 150 packs</font>
1-50 --> Apr 09 mommies
51-75 --> May 09 mommies

<font color="ff6000">Freshening Brand Antisceptic Wipes $2.30 (10 individually foil-wrapped pcs per pack) Retail:$2.55. MOQ: 50 packs</font>
1-18 --> Apr 09 mommies
19-

NB: Above retail prices r the latest @ Guardian.

Back