(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

my breast are hard like stone during the 1st few days after i discharge. Now its like 9 days since i deliver and i can feel that my milk supply is running out. My breasts are rather soft and saggy even though slightly bigger than pre-pregnancy... I gave up on the electric pump... often make my nipples sore and bleed... and many dead skins... And 20ml the most. Miserable.

Now i give my boy FM in the day, BF him at night. Although dunno how much he drank, i am happy that he is able to doze off on my laps. =)

I guess the bonding and the closeness is the most important thing bah!

hello!

Induction pill: For me it kicked in pretty fast. Done at 9.30am in the morning and delivered at 3.30pm on same day. Guess walking alot the day before helped too.

Yan: I had the pethidine ie the jab at the buttock, Yes i agree it doesnt seem to help. Laughing gas worked better as least can make us feel super high and blur!

Leg Swell: Quite worried abt my leg swell, am wondering if i am peeing enough. Trying to drink more longan tea today to make sure my pee is normal.

Lochia: Mine seems to get lesser. Currently Day6.

Wound & Piles: Still painful and sore. Havent pooed yet since delivered. sigh....
Whitegalz - my piles seems to be quite bad and big. Sigh, i've already asked for the laxative medicine to take but havent taken yet cos dare not imagine how painful it is to poo!

Breast Milk: Still very little and slow, not enough for baby at all. Btw, how often do u gals pump or latch baby? How much shld we expect to pump out by 1st week?

Massage: Will start next Tues with Ida's sis - Mariam.

Bath: Havent bathe yet! Hair smelly and oily!! Only washed my buttom and no choice, legs also kena the water lah... really impossible not to touch water!

kkf:
can check something wif u? e pump u sold got warranty rite? do u remember wif which company huh? thanks in advance yah!

Hi Ramy, no probs
happy.gif
All the Best to u and hope u have a safe and smooth delivery!

athlete,
It's ok. Now on the 6th day then i managed to ve milk but not so much. Even my breast very hard now and having fever but i still pump. It will takes days. Just dont give up k
happy.gif

mummyo
today during my massage, my massage lady really help me a lot. At last more milk coming out compare to yesterday but still not like the gushing type but its ok. The lump milk is indeed very painful but i dont care. For the sake of my bb, i will do it. yup i did poke in using my finger to the lumpy thingy and it really works eventhough it can be very painful. Mummyo, if hubby do it for me, it will be different story already
happy.gif
hahahaha

ginn:
think u shd take e stool softener soon! 9 days?! tat may hurt leh, esp if ur stools are hard... so at least if ur stools are soft, it will not hurt so much...

Samantha
We deliver at the same hospital
happy.gif
Not sure whose ur gynae but mine is Dr Heng Tung lan. Hopefully by being in this forum will make u release ur tension a bit. Everyone ve problem but differently but there's nothing that cant be solved. Share it and who might knows someone might be able to help or at least lessen ur burden.. Take care

iceblue
Dont think its becasue of the past motion thingy. Maybe its really a show but a minor one. keep track on it and if u think u feel something is wrong somewhere like u feel uncomfortable, do cal ur gynae for necessary action k.

I am thinking of taking Epidural, but scare of side effect. But if not taking epidural, don't know can stand the pain.

Any advise?

Ramy
U can actually check from the update of mummy pop up and not yet pop up. i tink there is a few of them like Ah Zhi(pop up) and Corrine(Not yet)

for those mommy with little breastmilk, can try:

- play with nipples. "rub" ur nipples with 2 fingers to open the ducts - taught by my massage lady. and massage ur breasts.
- drink warm drink before breastfeed.
- use hot water towel to cover ur breasts before bf
- I heard insufficient rest and stress can affect BM supply.
sometimes when u pumping, if my bb cry and i get nervous, the flow decrease also.
- take lotsa fluids. u can produce milk if ur body is dehydrated.

lochia: me day 8 after delivery, also like going to end soon. isit normal? i heard lochia can flow for 3 wks.

ginn
yes!Pethidine i use that but frankly it does not take any effect. i told hubby my contraction is getting unbearable so i thought shen i admitted, its abt 5cm, so now should still be 5-6cm still so i told him i cannot take it and want to take epi so he suggest take the buttock thing first so i just agree but waste money instead since it does not work at all. Laughing gas makes u really really high till sometimes u dont realize what u r doing and i tink the pain is quite bearable. hahahaha

Ginn

u still ve swollen leg also is it. I thought i'm the only one. last time my 1st bb, after delivered, everything back to normal but tis time seems a bit late. i told my massage lady and she said not to worry coz it will be gone in a few days. Hope so

Ginn
U better poo. try taking DUPHALAC. Its a syrup to smoothen ur poo. If u dont poo or u trying to avoid from that, it will become harder and also did u know that the poo already at the door of ur anus and it will bring pressure to the stitches. At first i dont realize that. 1st few days, i still feel i can bear with the stitches pain but then, on the 3rd day, i feel a bit painful then i realize i wanna poo then i try my best slowly and when i finished, i realized my stitches is not so painful. Then on the 5th day i feel pain again then i poo and realize its not painful. So pls trust me and dont try to keep that thingy inside u
happy.gif

Oppsgal
Very hard to say now. During ur labour, then u decide coz if now u say u wont take, later u might take but if now u say u will take, who might knows u r able to take it. For me, all along i told hubby and my gynae i want EPI coz my 1st i was so stupid and dont know what is EPI. Gynae told me to act stupid also
happy.gif
tis time while hubby say i can do it again without EPI but i say, it's been 8 yrs plus and i dont tink i can take it so i dont care but thank GOD i dilate very fast by the time i am being admitted. So its all up to individual. the important thing is u and bb r safe
happy.gif

Yan, Sheepish, me took the laxative that gynae gave already.. so waiting for the urge. Btw, any way we can heal piles faster? Was told to press it in actually... Will it help?
Actually it seems my piles more painful than my wound...

Yes Yan, swollen feet, not sure why leh, a bit worried.. but since ur massage lady said ok, hopefully will subside soon.
Haha yes the laughing gas makes me really high, the pain so bad but think inhaling it makes us go crazy that we can forget abt the pain!

Breastfeed: currently am pumping and latching. Nipples really big and sore now, pain!! Any remedy? my BM is slowly improving, hopefully gets better each day. Do any of u store breast milk in fridge first?

sheepish:
hahahaa ... dun think my mum'll stay with me as there isnt enough room for 6 adults and 1 bb in the hse! But she did say she'll drop by often for entire day! *faintz* She hasnt give up on getting me to move back home to do my confinement! I told her I would prefer to be in my own hse becos it's near hospital/ bb's PD also there etc etc any excuses lah!
But yeah, if my mum is like your mum, kept telling me in my ear that BM not enough hor, it's a matter of time before quarrel one. New mummies are already stressed out! No need more naggings lah.

mummyo:
hee ... I think you are super solid leh. First you can continue to bring your 2 boys to school while wheeling a 10kg double stroller in the super hot sun for a hour. And you are already in week 38th! Stomach very big liao, but u still got the strength to go about your daily routine!

kkf:
Glad that your girl is better now.

Ramy:
I figured that stay at home also not my personality lah. I'll get bored very fast. Might as well I make myself more useful by going to office until this Friday. Yeah I'd got a confinement lady already.
U getting induced? Why?

Samantha:
haahahaa ... tat is real sneaky indeed! But you felt so much better after the long awaited bath rite? ;)
Pls dry yourself very very dry before stepping out of bathroom!

iceblue:
heeehee ... next keep an lookout for regular contraction or waterbag burst next! Good luck!

Whitegalz:
yeah Lili popped liao. I think I posted around mid aftn yesterday. Delivered: 8th Feb 2009. 3.095kg. Normal with Epi. She said she'll get some rest first before coming up to forum and 'report' on her delivery adventure! haahaa ... but still, many many thanks for doing the table! Really appreciate it!

sartayeo:
Hey, when climibing stairs hor, one trick is not to 'attack' the stairs by going round and up and round and up, but slowly leisurely walk up the stairs one by one, taking slow deep breathe. You could focus on the scenary outside or take a look at how neighbours placed their potted plants at each floor as you walked up. I usually put one hand on the railing to play safe lah, just in case I trip or wat. This way, it helps to distract you from your target and reduce the chances of legs turning jelly. If after a few floors you legs are tired, try walking along the common cooridoor to the next staircase area before continuing. Like this you can give your legs a break too.
My MIL will be helping me to look after my bb after my ML ends during daytime. We'll take over during nite time. That is if I dun get retrenched after my ML ends lah! Then I'll be a stay at home mother! hahaahahaa! I also scared disagreements, but I agreed with my hubby that in event that disagreements come about, he will be talking to his mum abt them. Easier this way.

tofu:
Applying cold cabbage on boobs reduces milk ah? When I attended the parentcraft program, the nurse actually taught us this method leh! How you know abt this ah?

Oppsgal:
Try medication free first, then if halfway really really really cannot stand it, then no choice go for epi?

catmomo:
diff ppl got diff days of lochia flow. if you are worried, maybe can give your gynae a call?

athlete:
Welcome aboard! Do join us in this forum thread! We have many new mummies now sharing info regarding new borns. I'm also learning from every topic discussion! Dun feel horrible just becos u dun have sufficient BM. You are doing fine!

i also got swollen legs!! hahaha.. my colleague told me, if u got swollen legs and later subside.. thats consider 1 time.. after 3 times, u r ready to give birth!

i think my legs swollen every day end and subside more or less by next morning.. still haben pop yet leh..

ashleigh:
my collegue also told me same thing just this afternoon! I also replied her the same way! Me also got the pain in virginal area on off. Until today I hadnt popped yet leh! hahahaa!
In fact, later my collegue added quite confidently that most prob I'll need a c-section like her becos bb shld engaged by now. otherwise it could be due to small pelvis region or pelvis dun wan to expand. Even induce after 3 days also still wont be able to deliver one. I nearly fainted.

Hi, sorry to intrude...

got a Medela Pump In Style Advance with warranty til Feb 2010 and Avent Manual breast pump for sale (both pre loved). For more details, pls PM me. Thks

haha V day! usually jus a meal out no celeb.. hah i jus hope baby dun pop out on that day! cant accept the idea of baby's birthday on such a day!keke

haha I realise our edd quite near each other lol my husband oso commented the same thing haha!
dunno where to go for dinner oso...everywhere is packed i guess

haha ya hor, jus 2 day apart. ya sure pack de. me gonna avoid town sia! jus go neighbourhood wil do.haha go town scare nt in time rush home, shld sudly water bag burst etc..keke

LOL! imagine the waterbag break during dinner so paiseh!!but i can't wait for labour to start soon now back and legs ache non stop..wad about u any symptoms?

lonerunner
Is not super solid or what...is NO CHOICE. But it's ok lar, now is easier with the double stroller. The walking is fine, it's the bloody hot sun that gets to me. And my son's session is from 12 to 4. Can die. Lucky my FIL picks him up after school, if not I gotta make the trip twice but I guess I'll have to do that once I'm healed. Can lose more weight! Hehehe.

Wah, your colleague is so discouraging. If i were you i'll tell her to shut up. Believe in your body
happy.gif
sure can birth easily one since you've been like walking and climbing stairs. I've also been revising my Hypnobirthing breathing techniques. When will you arrive my baby?!!

Sometimes I damn kan chiong to get baby out cos really cannot stand lugging this watermelon belly around but after give birth also is another set of problems...no sleep, breast leaking, not enough milk, stitches pain etc. But sooner or later also have to go through it one so no choice.

Yan
I know the last time I also have the lumpy lumps and I poke til my fingers cramped! So I ask husband to help cos I really didn't want to get any infection... Hahahhahaha, speaking about that, SO NOT looking forward to having engorged boobs again...

I find it harder and harder to sleep these days. More and more uncomfortable I guess...

mummyo: i oso have trouble sleeping nowadays my sleep pattern become upside down..i'm kinda nocturnal now....yesterday only fell asleep at 7 am plus think today no better sianz

piggymousey: for me is sleepin on sides become a super hard chore for me, the weight is getting on my shoulders, usually wake up wif shoulder suan whole body suan. thinkg back i dun regret taking Ml early liao even if baby dun pop out soon. cos its really tiring sia. every 1-2hr peeing, difculty getg out of bed, n body aches.

iceblue: same for me every now and then will have to lug the watermelon to the toilet for a pee very very tiring hor! i oso get painful shoulders when i wake up worse still when the baby squirm around non stop inside make me feel nauseated do u get that too?

hehehe ... V-day ah? Hubby will say "Not worth to spend extra on such a day lah! We buy food and cook at home!" as usual in previous years ;) Unless bb happen to come out on V-day lah :p

piggymousey:
Enjoy your 1st anniversary! ;)
I also get painful shoulders when I wake up. Duno isit becos of sleeping posture or not.

mummyo:
Ya lor. The sun's very hot in the aftn leh! Do you carry umbralla or walk in shady areas ah? How u tahan? Must drink more water when reach home leh! Oh, I'd been asking my bb the same question too! I really really wonder when she'll arrive!
Speaking of Hypnobirthing, I also practising the techniques now. I scare if dun practise now, on the D-Day I'll forget everything once pain started! hahahaahhaa!
I admit I'm abit disheartened now that lots of ppl have been telling me sure c-section one as they'd gone thru similar conditions previously. Bb's still not engaged and pretty high up too. But I'll still try to keep optimistic as much as possible! Maybe everything will be smooth going eventually? Who knows rite? ;)

These few days my body really strange. After days of LS, LS stopped yesterday. Now got feeling of throwing up and nauseated. Something similar to 1st trim! Appetite also not as good as before already. Hope I'm not falling sick now!

lonerunner dun bother abt those discouragin ppl. me 1st time mummy , but i believe even if similar situations/symptoms, results may not the same. cos our body is unique de. at the end evry1 react differently, hehe we are not machine dun thin 100% end up same de

lonerunner: hey i oso time to time feel nauseated i think most prob is indigestion oso the uterus is so big now that its squashed our stomach high up!
hey ur edd is 17th feb very very soon le excited ma??!!actually to me it doesn't matter if really c sect or normal delivery both got pros n cons, as long as baby come to this world safely that's the most important part!dun worry too much abt it babe!
i oso hope can have some alone time with hubby but now living with my mum so cannot lo...can't wait for my new house to be ready! ;P

iceblue: that is good means ur baby sleep when u sleep is it? now i scared i will have a hard time looking after mine cos he is SO AWAKE at night!

haha no she is damn active stil but nt the extent of make me nauseous. she is lik her parents nite owl.keke once midnite cm she evn more active. depends on her mood smtimes 2+ stops liao(or prob bcos i too tired sleep liao cant fel anythg keke)

ladies,

I cant fall sleep again!! nowadays usually have to toss and turn for more than 1 hr before falling asleep..and hubby snoring away behind me now..tmr gonna go for CTG..

I also feel nauseous recently..and pain at V plus sometimes the pressure on the V is so strong that I thought the baby dropping out soon..haha..sometimes also feel like the baby is pushing my right pelvis with her hands..

lonerunner,
ya, climbing the stairs slowly is abit more enjoyable..just climbed 11 floors with hubby just now..think we stopped 3 times to catch our breath and to enjoy the night breeze..think i am going to miss pure couplehood when the baby comes..
Regarding mil taking care of baby, think i will also ask hubby to talk to mil if i am unhappy with anything..now just worry that i will be unhappy with everything and end up he is sandwiched betw the 2..hahaha..aiya, when that day comes then i worry..

so hoping i can feel tired and fall asleep soon..

Hi Sartayeo! me oso feel tired but cannot sleep think maybe now very big and uncomfortable haha hey u know some mummies complain pain at V area and next thing they popped!!
Eh u same edd as me le!! i still haven't got these symptoms sob sob...

hi mummies

I have a vr experience javanese massage lady to recommend.

package

$500 for 10 sessions( each session 1 1/5 hrs)

pakcage inclusive

-full body massage inclusive of massage oil
-jamu wrap inclusive of a new binder
-free 1x of whole body scrub

sms 98572771 for arrangement.

mummies - huggies & fitti have arrived so those who paid up -let me know of arrnagement to collect the diapers -so much - n wanna celebrate my kids birthday this sat - let me know asap - 81703429 - will be home as on leave & od/rd till sun

piggymousey,

Really ar... V area pain means going to pop any time ar? I have been having the pain for few weeks liao. U don't have this pain at all??

Went to see gynae again on Monday and was checked by the Head Nurse (not gynae). She checked my dilation, so pain loh (maybe coz she got shorter finger). And she said, BB's head is still high and I will still be pregnant next week! Totally opposite from what the gynae told me last week! Anyway, when it's time for BB to be out, he will just come naturally. Maybe... he wants to be a V-day BB!! =)

As for sleeping, I also have difficulty sleeping. If I sleep on the right side, he will start to squirm (maybe he feels uncomfortable) and if I lie on my back, I will have back ache. Then have to wake up every hour to go pee. Sigh...

Back